Car customizations that you wish were in the game

43 replies to this topic
chainsoar
  • chainsoar

Rollin' Bones

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

I made a separate thread for this, but it got canned. I posted a link in the Patch & Upgrades Wishlist thread but that thing is huge and 90% of posts get ignored in a wave of bright eyed excitement at sharing your ideas with everyone else.

Anyway -

I propose a system where vehicle modifications are divided into categories from the moment you enter LS Customs. Examples of those categories might be -

• Sports
  • Luxury
  • Hotrod
  • Tuner
  • Lowrider

- and so on, and/or an adaptation of the above. It's not an exhaustive list, but it demonstrates the idea I'm driving at.

Inside of each category would be a full list of modifications designed to fit a particular style of car. However, except where entirely impossible they should be available for any vehicle, regardless of class (sports, super, etc). So for example a Coquette owner could enter the tuner category and put an adapted Elegy-style bodykit on his car. On the other hand, he may be unable to apply, say, a huge intake scoop rising above the hood, which is a modification fairly specific to muscle cars and hot rods.

Of course, I live in hope that more modifications will eventually become available, so as with so many other posts on this topic, my suggestion includes said. Aside from anything else, I would like to see more in the way of cosmetic modification. Bodykits, widearch kits and similar enhancements would open up many more opportunities for personalisation of your vehicle. As it stands, it's almost impossible to make your vehicle truly different from the many other people who own the same one. Decals/vinyls/stickers would be a nice option too. I would have kept the huge GT wing on my Feltzer if I'd been able to make it look like a proper Le Mans car, which rather excuses the gigantic downforce spoiler. Other things like ripping the hood off a muscle car to turn it into a hot rod or being able to put a functioning lightbar on the roof of an off-road truck would also be excellent additions.

Motorcycle modifications are also in dire need of a boost. I would like to see a list of modifications specifically for motorbikes, including a range of fuel tanks, seats, handlebars and more wheels! There really do need to be a lot more wheel options for bikes.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:56 PM Edited by chrisscorsese88, 13 January 2014 - 07:57 PM.

Lift kits, bullet-proof windows, nitrous, being able to change tire size as well as being able to make a car a convertible if it's currently not one and that specific car comes in a convertible version. (So instead of looking all over for a convertible version of that car, you can just mod the non-convertible version to make it one)

Edit: Oh yea, being able to add spoilers to certain trucks.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:01 PM Edited by killahmatic, 13 January 2014 - 09:04 PM.

The issue for me is that you can't add every option to every car. No matter how dumb or ridiculous it may look, there are certain cars I still want to add spoilers or skirts to.

Even the cars you can add them to only give you one to three options, rather than every spoiler in the game. 

The other issue is suspension. You can lower every car, but we'd all love to raise them for offroad purposes. 

Also, horns. They don't give you any normal options other than stock. It would've also been pretty cool to add police sirens to any car for a hefty fee.

• Gantons Most Wanted and chainsoar like this

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:20 AM

I was thinking about recommending license plate frames, but figured it might be a waste of polygons since they're so small.

But then I noticed the Ruiner has a license plate frame, with words on it (I think it said "Ruining imports since '84"), so now I think it's silly that we can't add a frame to every plate. There could be a nice little selection of frames to choose from, different colors, different quotes or sayings, and of course patterns like animal print or etc.

mochakaboom
  • mochakaboom

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

Secondary mounted machine gun, or installed like the James Bond car that they forgot to put weapons on -_-

Trindalas
  • Trindalas

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

Secondary mounted machine gun, or installed like the James Bond car that they forgot to put weapons on -_-

They are on it, just non functional. I really wish they would let you make them functional again, even if it was an expensive mod. I love that car (am saving for one atm now that I got my infernus) and I am a huge James Bond fan (not including the new guy, he has like no gadgets and doesn't look right...). A fully functional Bond car would be awesome. I would even accept limited (but purchasable) ammo for it.

Monique
  • Monique

Ruthless B**ch

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:40 PM

a Winch for my 4x4!

Josh410
  • Josh410

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:13 PM

Customizing trucks, rooftop on/off options, adding a feature where you could make your car have a convertible rooftop, nitrous

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

Rollin' Bones

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:40 PM

One thing I'd like to see isn't a car customisation, but it'd be awesome to have trikes or trike conversion kits for the chopper motorcycles. The Hexer would make an awesome trike. Incidentally, the Hexer needs more modification options.

duracellmonkey
  • duracellmonkey

Public Enemy

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:01 PM

Why they gave us only 2 choices of headlight options, would love to see at least 5 colors. Also decals would be awesome and tailight options. Adding underglows would suck imo. I don't think R* will add any more options to car customization.

Kinghyper
  • Kinghyper

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:48 AM

Solid gold vehicles sounds like something I want :p

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:58 PM

Why they gave us only 2 choices of headlight options, would love to see at least 5 colors.

I was just thinking about this the other day. i would love to have red or yellow headlights.

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:21 PM

The spoiler from the old 930 Porsche 911 Turbo for the comet.

kasa
  • kasa

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:27 PM

hydraulics!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users