trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:01 PM

You "own" your PS + games just like you "own" Gamefly and Netflix rentals. Quit sucking them off.

Yeah like people didn't know that :/

The point is this makes Microsoft look like they are giving away nothing to their customers.
Can you elaborate on that? My games with gold show up in my purchase history and I can delete and download them as I please. How is MS looking like they are giving away nothing?

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:24 PM

You "own" your PS + games just like you "own" Gamefly and Netflix rentals. Quit sucking them off.

Yeah like people didn't know that :/

The point is this makes Microsoft look like they are giving away nothing to their customers.
Can you elaborate on that? My games with gold show up in my purchase history and I can delete and download them as I please. How is MS looking like they are giving away nothing?

He means the game selection is lacking compared to its competition. It is kinda like netflix and amazon video. Netflix hands down beats amazon. 

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:38 PM

He means the game selection is lacking compared to its competition. It is kinda like netflix and amazon video. Netflix hands down beats amazon.

Where does he say that? Nowhere that I saw.

I'm not saying that MS games for gold is exciting, but it isn't like they are giving their customers nothing.
  • DJ Arrt likes this

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:44 AM

I'm not saying that MS games for gold is exciting, but it isn't like they are giving their customers nothing.

"It makes Microsoft look like they are giving away nothing" is roughly the equivalent of "Their games suck". What more do you need?

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:32 PM

"It makes Microsoft look like they are giving away nothing" is roughly the equivalent of "Their games suck". What more do you need?

What more do I need? I need FDR to speak for himself since he is the one I asked and he would be the one to properly relay his thoughts.

I believe this thread mentioned MS giving away Sleeping Dogs this month. Not that Sleeping Dogs is that great of a game but I think most people will agree that it isn't a sh*t give away.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:10 AM

Sony fanboys can get a room and stop acting uppity. MS gave away The Wolf Among Us for free as well, not to mention PS3's games and the console itself is more pricey compared to the Xbox. And you have to pay for PS+, so logically the PS3 is more expensive than the 360.

Even then this cannot be compared with Valve's generosity with Steam, so stop being such annoying, ignorant fanboys, will you?

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:05 PM Edited by UtricularEwe001, 04 January 2014 - 02:07 PM.

Sony fanboys can get a room and stop acting uppity. MS gave away The Wolf Among Us for free as well, not to mention PS3's games and the console itself is more pricey compared to the Xbox. And you have to pay for PS+, so logically the PS3 is more expensive than the 360.

Even then this cannot be compared with Valve's generosity with Steam, so stop being such annoying, ignorant fanboys, will you?

Xbox Live is more expensive than PS+. Not to mention the quality of games that you get with PS+. I paid £30 for one year PS+ membership last May and I got the following games for free:

1. Uncharted 3: Drake's deception
2. NFS: Most Wanted
3. Spec Ops: The Line
4. Grid 2
5. LittleBigPlanet Karting
6. XCOM: Enemy Unkonown
7. Battlefield 3
8. Payday: The Heist
9. Saints row : The Third
9. When Vikings Attack
10. NBA 2K13
11. The Jak and Daxter Trilogy
12. Stealth ink: A clone in the dark
13. Far Cry 3
14. Assassins creed 3
15. Dragons Dogma
16. Giana Twisters: Twisted Dreams
17. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
18. Motorstorm RC
19. Remember Me
20. Borderland 2
21. DmC: Devil May Cry

Since I have PS Vita :

1.Gravity Rush
2. Unit 13
3. Sine Mora
4. Street fighter X Tekken
5. Touch my katamari
6. Odd world: Strangers wrath
7. Sonic and all stars racing transformed
8. Guacamelee
9.blazblue: continuum shift extend
10.GTA: Liberty City Stories
11. Soul Sacrifice

And by using the Sony Entertainment (SEN) Europe store online I bought the 3 Free PS4 games. (These games can be downloaded for free of charge, when I have a PS4)

These are the game that I bought and/or have it in the download list. (Once the games are on your download list, you can download the games as many as times you want).

For all that, I only payed £30. How the f*ck is that expensive?

And someone is a fanboy because he defends something he likes?

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:42 PM

Eh I know that. I was talking about FranklineDeRoosevelt and the OP. They are talking as though Sony are giving the entire PS3 free.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:08 PM

What more do I need? I need FDR to speak for himself since he is the one I asked and he would be the one to properly relay his thoughts.

I believe this thread mentioned MS giving away Sleeping Dogs this month. Not that Sleeping Dogs is that great of a game but I think most people will agree that it isn't a sh*t give away.

I've already said it's a decent game they are giving away, the rest are sh*t and are nothing compared to what Sony offers in PS +. Sleeping Dogs was free for PS + months back.

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

But his point is that you have to keep getting PS+, while on Xbox you can still use the games without XBL Gold so MS is actually giving you the games, not lending them to you.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:04 PM

You don't get to keep your free PS+ games? I assumed that you did. Weird...also weird that you need to keep paying for a PS+ account to have access to them. Ah well...business is business I guess.

Not to poke any bears but....it sounds like Sony isn't giving anyone anything.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:04 PM Edited by UtricularEwe001, 04 January 2014 - 10:05 PM.

But most people would rather 'rent' great games than download sh*tty games or games that they bought years ago!

PS+ is also optional, meaning you don't need it play multiplayer or any other apps.

It sucks to be paying for multiplayer/basic apps, when we can play it for free :p

Mista J
  • Mista J

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:24 PM Edited by DarthShinobi, 04 January 2014 - 10:26 PM.

Yeah, it sucks paying $5 a month know my multiplayer network will be superior. I don't, use Netflix, or Facebook on my Xbox, I hardly play MP anymore, so I can cancel if I wanted to man. Those $5 a month to help MS maintain the quality multiplayer is no skin off my nose or my wallet. And you'll be paying for MP soon too man. If you upgrade to a PS4 that is.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:27 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 04 January 2014 - 10:33 PM.

You don't get to keep your free PS+ games? I assumed that you did. Weird...also weird that you need to keep paying for a PS+ account to have access to them. Ah well...business is business I guess.

Most of the PS fanbase already know that PS + is needed for free games and etc etc. Of course they won't give it away even if you aren't subscribed, that's their way of business. It's much better than subscribing for gold and getting worthless games. And it's $50 a year compared to gold's $60 a year. You're keeping those very good games for a year which is more than enough. Microsoft gives away crappy games forever, and I bet 90% of the people delete them or play them once in a blue moon.

@DarthSinobi: Admittedly, Live has better security but that doesn't mean it's unhackable. They got hacked a few times already and I don't care if they haven't stole people's credit cards or not, eventually it will happen.

Now that PS4 has an online service which needs to be paid for, it will actually have better security than Gold because they make so much profit from PS +  and it's going to persuade a lot more people because of the library of games every month being given away or having discounts and whatnot.

Mista J
  • Mista J

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:14 AM

I never said it was unhackable. No network is unhackable, and do you seriously think Sony's servers will be more secure than Microsoft's? That'll never be the case.

a cactus
  • a cactus

king sh*t of f*ck mountain

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:27 AM

That's exactly right. Personally, I don't really care that I can't keep the games from +, but I really don't want to either. The reason I'm subbed to + is so that there's always a new game waiting in queue. Play one, consume it, then discard it and move on to another. If there's a game that I really like (e.g. Hotline Miami), I'll definitely keep it on the HDD and continue play the f*ck out of it, but eventually it just feels time to uninstall and move on to the next one. I won't be missing it a year down the road. So for $50/year I feel like it's a great deal to have access to a plethora of great games that I otherwise would have never played. 

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:40 AM

I never said it was unhackable. No network is unhackable, and do you seriously think Sony's servers will be more secure than Microsoft's? That'll never be the case.

Of course it will. The reason is because they've learnt from the situation that occured last year. Where people's credit card information got stolen. Plus on the PS3, the security is very good for a free service.

Mista J
  • Mista J

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:31 AM

Of course it will. The reason is because they've learnt from the situation that occured last year. Where people's credit card information got stolen. Plus on the PS3, the security is very good for a free service.

I doubt it man, now I'm not saying Sony's servers are put together by rubber bands, but this is Microsoft's backyard, not Sony's. Sony is hardware. That's why the PS3s are better put together than the 360s.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users