Sony has outdone themselves with PS +

47 replies to this topic
tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:47 PM

BioShock infinite is 100x better than anything microsoft gave away during the games with gold promotion. Only downside is you cant use the games anymore once you unsubscribe but why would you? Lol i think i'll need a bigger HDD if they keep up the pace with these games. I heard they are also giving away Borderlands 2 and if that is true then holy crap. 

• poklane likes this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:50 PM

Yeah. They are giving DmC away for free aswell, but that isn't anywhere near as good as the originals. Sony are awesome.

• poklane likes this

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:53 PM

BioShock infinite is 100x better than anything microsoft gave away during the games with gold promotion. Only downside is you cant use the games anymore once you unsubscribe but why would you? Lol i think i'll need a bigger HDD if they keep up the pace with these games. I heard they are also giving away Borderlands 2 and if that is true then holy crap. 

Wait they're giving away BioShock for free? I might need to try it out. I want to see how the 3rd most voted GOTY game is. 

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

Yeah. They are giving DmC away for free aswell, but that isn't anywhere near as good as the originals. Sony are awesome.

Wait they're giving away BioShock for free? I might need to try it out. I want to see how the 3rd most voted GOTY game is. 

http://blog.us.plays...anuary-preview/

not as good as the month they gave away inFamous 2 and LBP 2 but it is still an outstanding job. I really liked infinite (played it on my mac) would love to see how it does on console. Never played the newest DMC so i will bechecking that out, i've been looking for ps vita games (it has just been sitting here) and an extra ps4 game never hurts. 

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:06 PM

Yeah. Microsoft is giving away old games that everyone already has and games that nobody wants. Sony is giving away very recent blockbuster games.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:37 PM Edited by Tycek, 31 December 2013 - 11:03 PM.

With all this praising for Sony, you're of course forgetting about fact:

1. Game is your as long as you're PS+ member (no subscription means no game, even if it's already on your disk)

I don't want to work as devil's advocate here, but I believe M$ is not entirely to blame when it comes to games selection. Publishers got also something to say there, especially if the game is yours forever (even if the subscription is over). PS+ works more like a virtual lending shop with very limited selection, while M$ is in fact giving the games for free. 

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:49 PM Edited by UtricularEwe001, 31 December 2013 - 10:51 PM.

^But over 90% of people are not going to replay the game once they beat it. So I don't think anyone really care whether they are 'buying' or 'renting'.

And once you became a PS+ member, you never go back.

EDIT: just to clarify your 2nd point:

Even if you delete the game, you can still re download it (if you are PS+ member).

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:05 PM Edited by Tycek, 31 December 2013 - 11:09 PM.

Okay, fixed that.

And about getting back. I got PS+ for free when Sony gave us "We're sorry" stuff and I've never feel the urge to come back, especially that playing online was still free. Situation may change with PS4, but that's topic for another discussion.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:36 AM

With all this praising for Sony, you're of course forgetting about fact:

1. Game is your as long as you're PS+ member (no subscription means no game, even if it's already on your disk)

I don't want to work as devil's advocate here, but I believe M$ is not entirely to blame when it comes to games selection. Publishers got also something to say there, especially if the game is yours forever (even if the subscription is over). PS+ works more like a virtual lending shop with very limited selection, while M$ is in fact giving the games for free. 

that is in my first post. The games PS+ offers more than cover the price. BioShock infinite is still being sold for $50+ at stores and sony is giving it to you for free for only $50 a year AND the new DMC, not to forget they're giving away Borderlands 2 right now.  I think just about everyone with an xbox has played halo 3, gears of war is so old that everyone that wanted to play it did, AC2 was nice but it is also one of those "who didn't play it" games with no replay value, DR2 was ok even though the game wasn't very fun, R6V was a sleeper hit with clunky controls, the GwG selection isn't very impressive. 

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:07 AM

As much as I agree with Sony being more generous than Micro$hit (lol :p), they still won't get as close as Valve does with their Steam sales. 

I usually like most of the games Sony offers for PS Plus members and I usually activate them so I don't lose out if I ever want to play them, but I don't have enough hard drive space to download all at once.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:06 AM

oh, wow, some of you are so mature. Don't forget that Sony isn't good samaritan and without Micro$hit (hue, hue) you probably wouldn't get such a deals, not mentioning paid online gaming (which was taken into consideration with the PS3, but was dropped due to YLoD). Sony needs Microsoft as much as Micro needs Sony and we need both of them to be winners in this whole battle by getting constant price drops, bundle packs and deals like these. 

I also believe this whole discussion could be merged with Official PS3 topic.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:57 AM

oh, wow, some of you are so mature. Don't forget that Sony isn't good samaritan and without Micro$hit (hue, hue) you probably wouldn't get such a deals, not mentioning paid online gaming (which was taken into consideration with the PS3, but was dropped due to YLoD). Sony needs Microsoft as much as Micro needs Sony and we need both of them to be winners in this whole battle by getting constant price drops, bundle packs and deals like these. 

i would happily pay for online gaming when you get free games every month. 

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

Yeah but according to you they need to be pretty new games.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

i didn't say new games, I just want something that is decent. They could give away NBA 2k12 and i would still appreciate it. Halo 3 was the best selling game of 2007 and while it was nice of them to give it away they could have went a little more recent, like BioShock 2. 

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:39 PM

Aren't MS giving away Sleeping Dogs this month?

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:50 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 01 January 2014 - 03:53 PM.

Borderlands 2 isn't that new, but it did come out at the start of 2013 and it's a good game to give out on PS +. Microsh*t don't give you ANY decent games at all, they are just money grabbing whores who charge you $60 a year and for what? slightly tighter security and a sh*tfest library of games? Pfft. On the PS4, Sony are going to give away around 5 games a month on PS+ and that's only $50 a year.

Oh and Sleeping Dogs was already free for PS+ back in May, not sure about now though.

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

Part-time spy, full-time maniac

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:14 PM

Aren't MS giving away Sleeping Dogs this month?

sony gave that away yonks ago, not a bad game, not the best i got for free, that is either saints row 2 or just cause 2

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:00 PM Edited by ryuclan, 01 January 2014 - 06:00 PM.

Borderlands 2 isn't that new, but it did come out at the start of 2013 and it's a good game to give out on PS +. Microsh*t don't give you ANY decent games at all, they are just money grabbing whores who charge you $60 a year and for what? slightly tighter security and a sh*tfest library of games? Pfft. On the PS4, Sony are going to give away around 5 games a month on PS+ and that's only $50 a year.

Oh and Sleeping Dogs was already free for PS+ back in May, not sure about now though.

I haven't paid for Gold in a LONG time yet I have been using it for quite a while lol. So these games are completely free to me and I'm downloading Sleeping Dogs as we speak because I never got a chance to buy it or play it.

Anyway I'm glad Sony is doing this as well. Who gives a sh*t what games you et for free? They're f*cking free.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:05 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 01 January 2014 - 06:06 PM.

I haven't paid for Gold in a LONG time yet I have been using it for quite a while lol. So these games are completely free to me and I'm downloading Sleeping Dogs as we speak because I never got a chance to buy it or play it.

Anyway I'm glad Sony is doing this as well. Who gives a sh*t what games you et for free? They're f*cking free.

Lol, I know they are free. But if you compare it to gold, Sony has a much better library of games on offer and being given away for free, i.e..Bioshock, Borderlands and so on. Xbox on the other hand doesn't give you sh*t. Games are so crap it's not worth it even if it's free. Sleeping Dogs is probably the first decent game they are giving away for free. That's the problem with gold. They are too greedy and it's not surprising because they are an American company.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:11 PM

Eh I bought sleeping dogs and it isn't all that. It was fun for the first few hours then it got boring and repetitive. They should give away GTA4 and i will consider buying a 1 month live. Lets see who gives it away first $ony or m$. I'm half expecting sony to give away RDR or LA Noire this month lmao

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:12 PM

Eh I bought sleeping dogs and it isn't all that. It was fun for the first few hours then it got boring and repetitive. They should give away GTA4 and i will consider buying a 1 month live. Lets see who gives it away first $ony or m$. I'm half expecting sony to give away RDR or LA Noire this month lmao

Yeah if that's gonna happen........

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:07 PM

Yeah if that's gonna happen........

i wouldn't put it past them if it did happen. R* would probably raise hell over the idea  because there is still some money to be made  but they can be convinced with enough cash lol.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:43 PM

Sony already gave away Red Dead Redemption, it was like one of the first games to be apart of plus, I think it was the fifth or sixth month.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:51 PM

^

For free? I've never seen it for free apart from it getting discounts, that's all.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:29 PM

^Yep, it was for September 2012!

http://www.vg247.com...e-of-the-month/

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

^Yep, it was for September 2012!

http://www.vg247.com...e-of-the-month/

Jeez,  if I had ps+ since the beginning my HDD would be full right now, i would need like a 750gb drive lol

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:07 PM

You "own" your PS + games just like you "own" Gamefly and Netflix rentals. Quit sucking them off.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

You "own" your PS + games just like you "own" Gamefly and Netflix rentals. Quit sucking them off.

ok

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:46 PM

At least it's wayyyyyy better than what M$ offers!
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt and tymaster50 like this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

Yeah like people didn't know that :/

The point is this makes Microsoft look like they are giving away nothing to their customers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users