» «
Photo

Should nightclubbing make a comeback?

84 replies to this topic
Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:43 AM Edited by Raavi, 01 January 2014 - 05:50 AM.

R* had every opportunity to nail night life in GTA V since it's a modern take on LA, but they f*cked up bigtime. Instead we have yoga. Awesome.

Considering LA is internationally renowned for its club scene it is damn near idiotic to not include some kind of parody of that in a game that's for a huge part set in a what is claimed to be a parody of LA. It's like you and I both have said in the past. It as though Los Santos is a movie set rather than an actual city. Buildings feel more like faux facades than anything else. Which is a big, if not the biggest downfall of the game.

• visionist, DaRkL3AD3R, Alvarez and 1 other like this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username™

• Members
  • India

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:45 AM

Because R* doesn't like repeating itself, 

so by that logic, the next GTA should be an FPS because all the gta games are repeatedly open-world!

• DaRkL3AD3R and matajuegos01 like this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:49 AM

@SonOfLiberty

Your avatar perfectly decribes how im feeling about this thread.

Yes I may of had taken bad examples which were gameplay mechanics and vehicles.

But what I was trying to get at is that each GTA has a theme, and that theme comes with a variety of side-activities that are specificly for that one. Thus thinking that they will repeat in the next game is quite idiotic. A nightclub interior would of had been nice it would serve almost to no porpuse because there ins't an actual reason behind it and there aren't no minigames that could make it an enjoyable experience.

• xenorama likes this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:49 AM

Yeah I know Raavi. It's just stupid. There are so many night clubs in the game and they couldn't be bothered to make at least one of them enterable?

Although I wasn't a huge fan of TBOGT the effort and detail put into Maisonette 9 and Hercules was impressive. It was cool just to hang out and have a drink or something.

@Tenxax.

OMFG.

No one's saying GTA V has to be an exact carbon copy of the previous games, but whether you want to admit it or not night life has been represented fairly well since VC, but it's poorly done in GTA V.

You say nightclub interiors serve no "porpuse" (what the f*ck?), but that's what you think. Looking at this thread you're the only one who seems to think having enterable nightclubs is a bad idea. :/

• matajuegos01 likes this

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:07 AM Edited by Raavi, 01 January 2014 - 06:09 AM.

Yeah I know Raavi. It's just stupid. There are so many night clubs in the game and they couldn't be bothered to make at least one of them enterable?

Although I wasn't a huge fan of TBOGT the effort and detail put into Maisonette 9 and Hercules was impressive. It was cool just to hang out and have a drink or something.

What grinds my gears even more is the fact that at one point at least one nightclub interior was in the game as is evident by this screenshot from the first trailer: http://static3.wikia...AV-entrance.jpg

Their design choices don't make much sense and something tells me it is all attributable to GTA Online.

Matty
  • Matty

Wiseguy

• Australia

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:12 AM Edited by Matty, 01 January 2014 - 06:12 AM.

What grinds my gears even more is the fact that at one point at  least one nightclub interior was in the game as is evident by this screenshot from the first trailer: http://static3.wikia...AV-entrance.jpg

That interior you're referring to (the Tequi-la-la) still is in the game, but is only accessible for one (very small) Strangers and Freaks mission. Before and after that one mission, it is inaccessible. Even after the player purchases it (which is, as I mentioned before, really stupid.)

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:24 AM

What grinds my gears even more is the fact that at one point at  least one nightclub interior was in the game as is evident by this screenshot from the first trailer: http://static3.wikia...AV-entrance.jpg

That interior you're referring to (the Tequi-la-la) still is in the game, but is only accessible for one (very small) Strangers and Freaks mission. Before and after that one mission, it is inaccessible. Even after the player purchases it (which is, as I mentioned before, really stupid.)

Yeah, that's the case with most interiors in the game, the only way to enter them after the mission(s) taking place there is through a wall breach glitch. Which makes absolutely no sense at all. Ever been in the basement of the police station near the impound? It is modelled to quite an extent, enough to make out where the offices, cells and entrance to the garage were supposed to be. Why they didn't finish it is beyond me.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:07 PM

@SonOfLiberty

Im not against having Nightclubs in the game, I take it that you didn't quite read all my post. What im trying to say is that the side activities in TBOGT are not going to come back any time soon. Yes we could of had the Tequila-la, but to be honest that would just of had served as another location for darts.

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:36 PM

No. Not all features should be repeated.

Good ones should be.

Odd time to mention the word "cumulative." (It's improperly confused with "consecutive" in the game)

Think about it. You got time.

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Homie

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:20 PM

I have to give a credit to Tenxax, Rockstar tends to make the activities themed and seem to make such activities unique to each game. Yet some popular activities remain, though, like Darts or Booty Call and Strip Clubs. Hell, hookers are persistent through 3d AND HD age.

TBOGT was also all about micromanagement, since Maisonette 9 was the only property you had to manage, so they could concentrate on it.

In GTA 5 you own multiple properties, so it's gonna be a macromanagement of all businesses. But micromanagement is fine, as long as it's not mandatory, like Friends and Girlfriends in GTA 4. It's called detailed features then.

Nightclubs were also not only designing work, but they also hired prominent DJs for ElectroChoc FM and Vladivostok FM. I think the nightclubs didn't made into the game, just because Rockstar was under deadline pressure. Because face it, as SonOf Liberty and Raavi said, LS is a city with huge entertainment industry - and nightlife is a part of entertainment. If Rockstar wants to implement this: i'll sign it and would even buy a DLC with it as new feature.

But you can't enter your own property? Seriously?

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:35 PM Edited by Official General, 01 January 2014 - 02:47 PM.

@Tenxax.

OMFG.

No one's saying GTA V has to be an exact carbon copy of the previous games, but whether you want to admit it or not night life has been represented fairly well since VC, but it's poorly done in GTA V.

You say nightclub interiors serve no "porpuse" (what the f*ck?), but that's what you think. Looking at this thread you're the only one who seems to think having enterable nightclubs is a bad idea. :/

You're not the only who has had to experience discussing a subject with a guy like Tenxax who makes no sense of whatever he's trying to say. Seriously that guy just don't know what the f**k he's talking about, I don't know whether he's really that dumb or he's just so ignorant that appears that way. The other stuff he's been saying on other threads recently just show exactly how incredibly stupid his comments are.

Anyway since this thread is about nightclubs VC had the Malibu Club, SA had the Alhambra nightclub and whilst vanilla GTA IV didn't have a enterable nightclub it had Perestroika so from at least VC night clubbing/night life has been well represented.

The vanilla GTA IV actually had two enterable trendy bars that looked like nightclubs in Algonquin. 

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:47 PM

They actually do have a nightclub interior - Tequilala.

Problem is, you can't enter it outside of one mission. It doesn't make sense. Why would R* implement a fully modelled nightclub and then not let you do activities inside of it, let alone just enter it?

RandomNoun
  • RandomNoun

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:48 PM

They clearly planned for this in early development, but had to drop it. Hopefully we'll see it added in at some point ...

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:49 PM

If it's to be implemented I can only see it being done so via DLC, then again it's hard to think about it being implemented if it's been done before; you know Rockstar aren't repetitive like that.

I used to think that there were all of these wasted interiors because of console limitations. I could be right, but I also have the theory that Rockstar didn't want to be repetitive. I guess if it's because of console limitations then we may see more interiors in the PC edition of the game and/or DLC in the future.

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

Hell yeah, I was shocked when I found out you couldn't get in Bahama Mamas West or Split Sides West either, Ricky Gervais was actually pretty funny on gta 4.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:08 PM Edited by GTARandom, 01 January 2014 - 05:08 PM.

Entire game misses so much content, restaurants, bars with interiors in city, clubs as OP states and more... that it seems incomplete

But yeah, it's still a very awesome game

Modding this game is shur gonna' be fun!

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

No it just be reserved for GTA VI:Vice City

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:13 PM

I'm actually very indifferent about the night clubs. Even if they do come back (either in DLC, online or the next GTA) I most likely wouldn't go to them very often.

To be honest, I thought the dancing minigame in TBOGT was rather stupid.

Clubbing would have made sense for Franklin, but can you imagine Michael and Trevor trying to dance in a nightclub? It would be hilarious but sad at the same time.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:15 PM Edited by Official General, 01 January 2014 - 06:17 PM.

I'm actually very indifferent about the night clubs. Even if they do come back (either in DLC, online or the next GTA) I most likely wouldn't go to them very often.

To be honest, I thought the dancing minigame in TBOGT was rather stupid.

Clubbing would have made sense for Franklin, but can you imagine Michael and Trevor trying to dance in a nightclub? It would be hilarious but sad at the same time.

I certainly will. I loved shootouts in the clubs in previous GTAs, it was always exciting to see a club get shot up. Close quarter gunfights, bullets flyin' everywhere, people running around screaming and shouting, pure chaos and pandemonium. 

I'd f*cking love it. Oh well. 

• Cutter De Blanc and matajuegos01 like this

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

Im a GTA addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:34 PM

I know the same club bahama mamas that was in GTA4 is also in GTA5 and its a shame that rockstar couldnt bring back luis lopez in 5 and have him be the owner of the club and for you to be able to do few missions for him as well as be able to drink and dance and be open in online mode.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:41 PM

I know the same club bahama mamas that was in GTA4 is also in GTA5 and its a shame that rockstar couldnt bring back luis lopez in 5 and have him be the owner of the club and for you to be able to do few missions for him as well as be able to drink and dance and be open in online mode.

Every GTA games are Stand-alone Main Games or Spin-offs regardless of their Era(Universe).I hope he shows up in GTA VI:Vice City hopefully the 4th Generation of the series continues with the HD Era

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:43 PM

It does seem odd, especially as Baham Mammas West was shown off in an obvious way in one of the screenshots with Franklin on a Bike. Seeing as LA has one of THE biggest clubbing scenes, yeah, it's kinda bloody stupid that not even ONE place is freely available to go into, Teqi-La-La looked great, but that was empty because it was pre-show, and we're never allowed back in after that!? Based on one of the biggest and well known Rock bars in America and we only see it briefly in one side mission many people would pass over.

Think of the brilliant side games each character could have, Franklin could be a smooth dancer like Luis, where as Trevor could have like a mosh pit mode, imagine going into Teqi-La-La as Trevor, heavy metal and punk playing, people jumping and fighting, and just throwing yourself into the crowed and using QTE's to knock people out whilst still dancing to the music.

• Wheatley, IveGotNoValues, Bonnano and 2 others like this

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Dont take anything for granted, it could all be gone soon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:42 PM

Think of the brilliant side games each character could have, Franklin could be a smooth dancer like Luis, where as Trevor could have like a mosh pit mode, imagine going into Teqi-La-La as Trevor, heavy metal and punk playing, people jumping and fighting, and just throwing yourself into the crowed and using QTE's to knock people out whilst still dancing to the music.

That would be so fun. I could just do that for hours, moshing the day away haha. Maybe they could implement this into the future DLC, I mean they already have the interior for it so all they would have to do is add in some new animations for the moshing. 

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

I'm living in High Pressure Days.

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:49 PM

It does seem odd, especially as Baham Mammas West was shown off in an obvious way in one of the screenshots with Franklin on a Bike. Seeing as LA has one of THE biggest clubbing scenes, yeah, it's kinda bloody stupid that not even ONE place is freely available to go into, Teqi-La-La looked great, but that was empty because it was pre-show, and we're never allowed back in after that!? Based on one of the biggest and well known Rock bars in America and we only see it briefly in one side mission many people would pass over.

I've got this awesome DLC idea in my head. Since Liberty City is flooded due to the storms, I suppose Luis and Tony Prince would move someplace else with a much bigger clubbing scene (Luis even insists to Tony that he should expand in the ending of TBOGT) such as Los Santos. 

Franklin/Michael/Trevor could work with Luis and Tony with Luis showing the protagonist the ropes on how to do bouncer work in a club. But of course, Tony causes some trouble just like he did in TBOGT and the protagonists have help fix all the problems Tony causes. 

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:53 PM

You meant Spin-offs not Side games.Yeah that would be cool

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Homie

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:55 PM

I've got this awesome DLC idea in my head. Since Liberty City is flooded due to the storms, I suppose Luis and Tony Prince would move someplace else with a much bigger clubbing scene (Luis even insists to Tony that he should expand in the ending of TBOGT) such as Los Santos. 

Franklin/Michael/Trevor could work with Luis and Tony with Luis showing the protagonist the ropes on how to do bouncer work in a club. But of course, Tony causes some trouble just like he did in TBOGT and the protagonists have help fix all the problems Tony causes. 

I like it.

Hey, wasn't Yusuf promising to expand the Maisonette 9 franchise? Today, Los Santos, tomorrow, the Moon!

TheGTAone
  • TheGTAone

• Piβwasser Founder •

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:38 PM Edited by TheGTAone, 01 January 2014 - 09:44 PM.

Something that really makes me angry is that when we hang out in the game with anobody, for example, Michael, the nightclubs and bars are in the map, but when we get there, the just enter, a little cut scene and they are out of the bar. Drunk. It's just so stupid.. I wanted in this game to interact with things inside, but Rockstar is now too lazy for that.

Edit: Just something like this...

PistadebailedelBH.png

Sillones%282%C2%BAsalon%29delBH.png

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:08 PM Edited by Official General, 01 January 2014 - 10:08 PM.

so by that logic, the next GTA should be an FPS because all the gta games are repeatedly open-world!

Looool  :lol:

Tenxax, stop doing this to yourself, your posts just keep making you look like a right laughing stock !!

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Uncle T

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:24 PM Edited by Xerukal, 01 January 2014 - 10:26 PM.

Looool  :lol:

Tenxax, stop doing this to yourself, your posts just keep making you look like a right laughing stock !!

Perhaps you should mature yourself and lay off the guy a bit. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate being called an ignorant or being judged so harshly if you were in his position. Think for a second, yeah?

He makes a good point. Somewhat. Rockstar doesn't like to repeat these things. But it doesn't make sense for them to leave it out for LS. 

I'd like to agree with Alvarez. It must have been some kind of deadline, as it is evident that quite a few corners had to be cut in the game to get it out there.

All of this and more will be patched up nicely with modding, hopefully. Maybe not right away. But with time. Just like with GTA IV. 

I'd love to get into club fights with Trevor, though. Maybe have a modern "father and son bonding session" with Jimmy as Michael, too.  It would be most entertaining. 

• Bonnano likes this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:34 PM Edited by Official General, 01 January 2014 - 10:37 PM.

@ Xerukal

Perhaps you should mature yourself and lay off the guy a bit. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate being called an ignorant or being judged so harshly if you were in his position. Think for a second, yeah?

He makes a good point. Somewhat. Rockstar doesn't like to repeat these things. But it doesn't make sense for them to leave it out for LS. 

You don't know about the history of conversations between me and him. Not that I have to explain it you, but he's come at me in quite a hostile manner in previous discussions we've had in other threads. In addition, he's made bullsh*t and ridiculous claims about my views and opinions. So should I go easy on him ? Only if he eases up on coming at me with attacks. Until then, I'll be doing what I do.

Does he make a good point here ? Of course not. How the f**k is more interiors like a nightclub repeating anything in GTA ? It's a simple feature that's just supposed to and expected to be there. It's not like it's something very significant or big. He has no point at all. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users