Photo

Should nightclubbing make a comeback?

84 replies to this topic
Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:52 PM

You know, i really enjoyed the nightclubbing activities in TBOGT - dancing, throwing people out and push them around like a boss, drinking game, pick up girls, enjoying interaction with coworkers and doing missions, like "get a pizza with helicopter" -style.

Also just hanging around and watch the camera bounce in tact in stroboscope light.

You think R* could bring this feeling back and maybe extend it?

What do you think?

This is one of frequently visited clubs in LS, The Vault.

EQoNa5q.jpg

TIqf7jS.jpg

• visionist, Empty World, IGhostUlt and 1 other like this

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

Franklin should have been a nightclub bouncer.

• AndrewDeSanta, DannyMan, pilscy and 1 other like this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:54 PM

It's such bullsh*t that you cannot enter nightclubs and bars in GTA V's Los Santos. It was so built for it. 

• Miamivicecity, visionist, G.S.T and 8 others like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

One o' them Illuminati motherf*ckers

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

I miss the nightclubs. I would always make Luis pass out at Hercules and imagine he got molested while drunk. 

• AndrewDeSanta and Shadowlarvitar like this

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:05 PM Edited by Alvarez, 31 December 2013 - 09:07 PM.

Well, there is still Pitchers for the alternatively minded crowd, so... I guess it's kind of club, too. Even a property.

I'm sure however, that it will be less attractive to manage. Rockstar would have a field trolling day, if they implemented it. (i said nothing.)

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:07 PM

Shame that the only club you can enter is Tequi-la-la and that's only for a very short mission.

• visionist, Alvarez and gtaguy_2723 like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

One o' them Illuminati motherf*ckers

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:12 PM

It would be nice (and make sense) if we could get drunk at the Yellow Jacket Inn. You can play darts there, but there's nowhere to get drunk in the desert despite Sandy Shores' motto of "We have Liquor!"

• visionist likes this

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:13 PM Edited by Alvarez, 31 December 2013 - 09:14 PM.

Shame that the only club you can enter is Tequi-la-la and that's only for a very short mission.

This.

Even if you bought it, they are so much afraid of their manager so they lock themselves in.

Which is a shame, too. Even if LoveFist is done with their performance, the place could be filled with moshing metal fans. And metal music, ofc.

@Cutter De Blanc.

Agreed, also drunk darts should be an achievement or a minigame itself.

• gtaguy_2723 likes this

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:31 PM

You know, i really enjoyed the nightclubbing activities in TBOGT - dancing, throwing people out and push them around like a boss, drinking game, pick up girls, enjoying interaction with coworkers and doing missions, like "get a pizza with helicopter" -style.

Also just hanging around and watch the camera bounce in tact in stroboscope light.

You think R* could bring this feeling back and maybe extend it?

What do you think?

This is one of frequently visited clubs in LS, The Vault.

EQoNa5q.jpg

TIqf7jS.jpg

Those textured doors...

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

We have a realistic warrant for your realistic arrest.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:32 PM Edited by Los Santos Police Department, 31 December 2013 - 09:34 PM.

Well, there is still Pitchers for the alternatively minded crowd, so... I guess it's kind of club, too. Even a property.

I'm sure however, that it will be less attractive to manage. Rockstar would have a field trolling day, if they implemented it. (i said nothing.)

There's also a club up in Paleto bay, the "hen house". 

Unfortunately, just like every other nightclub (except tequi-la-la, for 5 minutes:p) it is not possible to enter it.

@Khaos89 Take a look at the doors of maisonette 9 and the other two clubs in IV (Niko).

These clubs in LS and Blaine County can become enterable, but they will probably be DLC. :(

• matajuegos01 and gtaguy_2723 like this

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:48 PM

Nah. I'm not against it, but its not something I'd ask for.

However, like most people, I would've liked more interaction with the businesses we purchased. Interiors alone would be a huge start.

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:49 PM Edited by Alvarez, 31 December 2013 - 09:50 PM.

So...

How do you think the interior of the Vault Club looks like?

The doors, it seem to be a transparent door with a blacksmithed lattice behind it.

Could you throw in some suggestions/screenshots from other games?

What is the colour theme of the club, is it some kind of old bank?BeFDuOd.png

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:37 AM

Yes.

Seeing all these nighclubbers lining up in front of various nightclubs and not being able to enter any is the ultimate kick to the balls. If TBOGT could do it so can GTA V.

• Official General, Alvarez, matajuegos01 and 1 other like this

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:42 AM

I still club nightly but it's with a crowbar. I kid. I kid.

Truly it would be nice to have interior management work at bars.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:48 AM

Ah yes, that would've been nice to have, I really enjoyed that part of TBOGT. One of my favorite past times was to do the club management activity, it was also nice just hanging out at the club. It had a good atmosphere about it.

• visionist, Alvarez and gtaguy_2723 like this

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:49 AM Edited by DaRkL3AD3R, 01 January 2014 - 01:04 AM.

Yes.

Seeing all these nighclubbers lining up in front of various nightclubs and not being able to enter any is the ultimate kick to the balls. If TBOGT could do it so can GTA V.

THIS.

And to answer your question OP absolutely. You'd think R* would accumulate their knowledge and content in future games. After TBOGT there's no excuse to have a Bahama Mama's and not be able to go inside. Even if all they did was copy paste all the animations and mini games from the old one it'd still be far better than NOTHING.

Rockstar, what the f*ck are you doing.
  • visionist and matajuegos01 like this

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:53 AM

I honestly do not understand why they decided to cut good features that were in IV/EFLC. Case in point nightclubs, it really makes no sense.

• visionist, Matty, Official General and 2 others like this

DIEXEL
  • DIEXEL

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:54 AM

Yes!

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:55 AM

Well, DaRkL3AD3R, i HOPE Rockstar would do something. I also could write a e-mail to them, if it helps.

I also wonder what kind of tracks would be played in those clubs, because all i can hear when standing near that club is repetitive bass and no change of pattern until morning.

Can the actual tracks from, let's say, SoulWax FM be dance-able?

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:42 AM

I honestly do not understand why they decided to cut good features that were in IV/EFLC. Case in point nightclubs, it really makes no sense.

This

We ask these questions whenever we have legitimate reasons to criticize many aspects of GTA V, only the RDF pointing their guns at our throats. 

• matajuegos01 likes this

BackPack
  • BackPack

This Ain't No Cartoon.

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:46 AM

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ey b0ss, got skippy?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:53 AM

At the very least, the clubbing should be in GTA Online.

Matty
  • Matty

Wiseguy

• Australia

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:56 AM

It's such bullsh*t that you cannot enter nightclubs and bars in GTA V's Los Santos. It was so built for it. 

Agreed with this. I honestly think it is stupid how you can buy these bars and everything around Los Santos, and yet you can't enter them at all. The Tequi-La-La, especially, should be enterable after it is purchased considering it has an interior and everything (which is only ever used for one small side mission).

And yeah - nightclubs and their associated activities were great in TBoGT, and would have been one of those activities that would have fit the bill for Franklin quite comfortably IMO.

• Official General and gtaguy_2723 like this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Security Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:56 AM Edited by Tenxax, 01 January 2014 - 04:56 AM.

Because R* doesn't like repeating itself, each and every GTA has an specific set of features that are just for that one. So thinking that they cut it quite idiotic.

GTA 2 had wheelchairs and children, so why didn't III have them?

GTA III Had removable limbs, so why didn't VC have them?

San Andreas had Planes, so why didn't IV have them?

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:58 AM Edited by Official General, 01 January 2014 - 05:06 AM.

Because R* doesn't like repeating itself, each and every GTA has an specific set of features that are just for that one. So thinking that they cut it quite idiotic.

If you're gonna try to sound smart with your responses, the very least you can do is say stuff that actually makes sense. 

Or try and half make sense of it all. Come on, it's not that hard. 

• matajuegos01 likes this

Matty
  • Matty

Wiseguy

• Australia

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:00 AM

GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories all had the same vigilante/ambulance/firefighting/taxi side missions.

GTA San Andreas, Vice City Stores, IV and V allow the player to swim.

I could go on - but point in case; features can and very well are repeated from one game to the next where it is appropriate.

• Ermac. likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Security Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:07 AM

@OfficialGeneral

Im not acting smart buddy, im saying whatever comes out of my f*cking mouth because I can, you're the one whose trying to act all inteligent by replying to me with that.

And what I tried to say is that not every GTA is going to have the every feature from the last one, each and every has a set of specific features for it. Saying that they cut out that stuff from the game is quite idiotic.

@Matty

I said specific features, not basic side-activities nor gameplay mechanics.

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

let's get blown

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:09 AM Edited by Ermac., 01 January 2014 - 05:09 AM.

There's scraping the bottom of the barrel, and then there's Tenxax. It's best to just ignore him.

Like others have said above, it's odd that there is all this nightlife in LS that the player cannot partake in.

• Official General and matajuegos01 like this

IntoGloryRide
  • IntoGloryRide

Warmonger

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:13 AM

I could dig it...TBoGT made it fun with the drinking game and club management. Would love to see those missions expanded on rather than just standing/looking around most of the time, although it was amusing when Joni would drag L in the office for a quickie. The actual "bouncing" could be more interactive too. I can see Trevor doing some hilarious things..in fact I wouldn't mind this as an additional bonus for him at the Unicorn.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:35 AM

@Tenxax.

The way you defend and make up excuses for everything that can be considered a negative against GTA V is hilarious. Those points make no sense in the context of this thread and just as a side note VC didn't have removable limbs? Orly? I remember spending hours cutting off heads with a katana down by the beach. Maybe you shouldn't let your mouth speak before you think?

Anyway since this thread is about nightclubs VC had the Malibu Club, SA had the Alhambra nightclub and whilst vanilla GTA IV didn't have a enterable nightclub it had Perestroika so from at least VC night clubbing/night life has been well represented.

R* had every opportunity to nail night life in GTA V since it's a modern take on LA, but they f*cked up bigtime. Instead we have yoga. Awesome.

• visionist, Matty, Cutter De Blanc and 2 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users