Photo

GTA IV Crashes with Loads of Vehicles?

6 replies to this topic
Sambuscus228
  • Sambuscus228

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:41 PM

Hello, I have a VERY annoying problem, when there are lots of vehicles around my gta crashes to the desktop with the black box and cursor. I have narrowed it down to the vehicles by sliding the vehicle slider up and boom crash, but if i have it all the way down and i get a wanted level and a few cops chasing me then it crashes. Any Help is greatly appreciated. 

Toshiba C855

Intel i3 hd 3000

4gb RAM (possibly ddr3)

2.4GHz processor 

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:30 AM

Need more info.

What's your video card?

Do you have any mods installed?

What settings are you running the game at? Have you tried lowering the other settings as well?

Have you updated the game and your video drivers?

Sambuscus228
  • Sambuscus228

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:22 AM

I have integrated video its the intel hd 3000 i think if not i dont know where to find it

No mods

All settings are at low and all sliders are <5

i have updated to the latest patch and no, i did an update chesk and it said there were upto date

Happy new Year!!!

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:33 AM

Your video card does not meet the minimum requirements and it's most probably the reason why your game is crashing. You can try reinstalling the game and use the 1.0.4.0 patch which is less demanding than the 1.0.7.0 patch. Also, try Xliveless and see if it makes any difference.

Sambuscus228
  • Sambuscus228

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:17 AM

Just got it fixed where you don't need xliveless, had the ws10 error, i did the canyourunit thing and it said the only thing that didn't meet was the vram, but my vram goes up as more is demanded but was relatively low when i tested. I have a new problem, when i hit the pause every now and then the screen fails to show up, it just stays black and in task manager it is reported as "GTA IV (not responding)" I am soon going to get a new Hard drive and reload my games since my computer is driving me up a wall from being slow from all the crap that has built up over the years. Where do i get the 1.0.4.0 patch, the only one on the website is 1.0.7.0.  Do i have to reinstall if i already used the latest patch to "downgrade" to an older patch? Oh and where do i find my savegames to backup when and if i reinstall. 

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:44 AM

More VRAM will not help when your video card does not have the required processing power. You might still end up experiencing lag and graphical issues.

And yes, you'll have to reinstall the game if you want to apply an older patch. Patch 1.0.4.0 download link.

Refer this post for backing up your savegames.

Bonkai
  • Bonkai

What the heck is this meant to be?

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:33 AM

A good method to stop crashing is to turn shadows to OFF having shadows on low even lags the game..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users