Do you dream nightmares often ?

43 replies to this topic
SoftTouch
  • SoftTouch

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:10 PM

I do, but it's really, really rare, it's really scary when I do though. I forget most of it when I wake up though lol. Although I got a nice dream today. So do you dream nightmares often ?

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:12 PM

Not too often, fortunately I guess. But I think I'd want to experience sleep paralysis once.

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Days since avatar changed: 6

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:37 PM

Not too often, fortunately I guess. But I think I'd want to experience sleep paralysis once.

Trust me when I say this, you don't. If it wasn't for my stepfather telling me how to get out of it before I experienced it first hand, I probably would have died of shock when it happened. It's not kosher.

As for nightmares, I stopped having them after taking some malaria medication that "unlocked" my ability to lucid dream. Whenever a dream starts going in a direction I don't like, I either change it up or tell myself i'm dreaming, then wake myself up. I used to have really bad night terrors as a child though.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:04 PM

Not scary dreams often, but weird ones are common, like being stuck in a glass house and having the walls turn into a stretched out Tim Allen head and shattering. Then there are really atmospheric ones that feel heavy and cloudy, like lonely indoor pools, not scary, but still kind of off. They usually involve someone I like being really different from how they should be.

Nightmares are fun just for the experience though. :happy:

ShootPeopleNotDope
  • ShootPeopleNotDope

kill the cop inside your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:07 PM

Not scary dreams often, but weird ones are common, like being stuck in a glass house and having the walls turn into a stretched out Tim Allen head and shattering. 

Tim Allen? Damn dude, that's horrible. I'm glad my nightmares are never that bad.

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:31 PM

I usually only have nightmares when I'm sick, I don't know why.

The last nightmare I had was a while ago, I was in a zombie apocalypse and funnily enough, I was staying in a jail. when I got back to the jail cell I dreamt me and my friends/survivors did cocaine (I haven't done cocaine before so my mind was just figuring what is was like) then after that I found my dad and woke up.

But to be perfectly honest, I found the dream awesome as well as scary, so I didn't actually class it as a nightmare because f*cking up zombies was a blast.

• 018361 likes this

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Big Homie

• The Connection
  • Finland

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:56 PM Edited by Graven, 31 December 2013 - 07:57 PM.

I once had about 2 weeks of sleep paralysis experiences every night, it was probably because of huge stress

Feels little suffocating and helpless, but afterwards interesting.

Back then I did not first understand what it was, lot of people who have experienced  think it´s "alien abduction".

Preusse
  • Preusse

Auf zum 4ten Stern!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:10 PM

Maybe once in 1 or 2 weeks. I rather dream of my ex girlfriend once a week and I haven't seen her since 2007.

I have this a couple of times a month. I was kinda scared the first times before I knew that sleep paralysis exists and thought there are f*cking ghosts in my bedroom doing this to me. Needs a little bit effort to free oneself. It's nothing cool imo, but I understand your curiosity. Good luck.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:23 PM

Every. F*cking. Night.

On the rare, RARE occasion I have a not so bad dream, it's lucid, and lasts about 2 in-dream minutes.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:25 PM

Not really often.. but the other night.. holy hell.

Had my ankles broken, some apocalyptic sh*t and then I noticed that people were suddenly deaf and I was the only one able to speak.

Řĺvęń
  • Řĺvęń

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:37 PM

Legend has it, if you're feeling cold when sleeping, the more prone to nightmares you will be.

Spoiler

Don't have them too often honestly, but I wake up a happy individual after experiencing them. Like RoadRunner, I would like to lucid dream.

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

Think of a yellow rubber duck!

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:47 PM

Trust me when I say this, you don't. If it wasn't for my stepfather telling me how to get out of it before I experienced it first hand, I probably would have died of shock when it happened. It's not kosher.

Actually, I think he does. It's not that bad if you know what it's about and what you're doing. It can even be considered fun and interesting, at least for me. Now that you guys mention it, I haven't had any SPs or LDs for quite some time now. Such a shame. Gotta start practicing again!

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:33 PM

Not too often, the ones I hate are where my family's in danger and I'm powerless to do anything to help. They're always the most vivid and, well sh*tty of nightmares for me.

But there are nightmares I like where I'm being chased by something scary or I'm trying to escape from some creepy ass place. I call em funmares.

The strangest nightmare I ever heard of was one my sister told me she had. She had a nightmare where a lunchbox started brutally murdering our whole family and it forced her to watch us all die. A f*cking lunchbox.

• Ciaran likes this

headmetalbanger
  • headmetalbanger

A Dose of Metal you need!!!

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:57 PM

Rarely.
Murdered and mutilated people, end of the world or my death.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:02 PM

I had a nightmare once that the guy from Otter's old signature was here on my couch when I got home, thankfully I woke up and realized it was just a dream.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:56 PM Edited by The Yokel, 31 December 2013 - 11:56 PM.

I had one last night. I wish I could forget it. It was an earthquake. It collapsed my entire building. It was one of those vivid dreams that feel like reality. I was scared sh*tless. My last thought was a desperate "I hope it's just a dream". I thought that was it for me. Even if it was just a dream, it was a terrifying feeling, thinking that you're about to die. And just when I was about to be buried in a pile of rubble I woke up sweating and my heart rate was insane.

• Greasepalms likes this

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:39 AM

I had a nightmare once that the guy from Otter's old signature was here on my couch when I got home, thankfully I woke up and realized it was just a dream.

You mean the Burt Reynolds sig? Yeah it gave me wet dreams too.

• theadmiral likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:42 AM

I keep dreaming that I'm in certain situations with my ex. I guess you can call it a nightmare.

Get out of my head Jessica, or I'll hit you with an RV.

• PaletoChickenCapo likes this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Never sleep again

• Australia

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:45 AM

I can't remember the last time I had a nightmare, but I used to get sleep paralysis often. Feeling like you're paralysed, not being able to move or speak and hallucinating isn't very fun. I don't why anyone would want to experience it. 

• ChopTheDog. and Ermac. like this

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:53 AM

Now I've stopped smoking cannabis yes.
It suppresses my dreams, it common with cannabis smokers. But e dreams and nightmares can really be too vivid and crazy.

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:59 AM

Yes, but I have re-occurring dreams and nightmares I like to write down my dreams after I wake up...

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Big Homie

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:13 AM Edited by Shenmue18, 01 January 2014 - 05:16 AM.

I regularly have dreams, yet rarely do I get nightmares. I've had 1 in the past 6 months that I can remember, when compared to 10-20+ dreams, that's not much. However, the nightmare I had recently was scary as f*ck, I was having a nightmare where Michael Myers was in my apartment, and it felt so real that I woke up and I legit thought someone was in my apartment for a few minutes.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:25 AM

I haven't had a nightmare since primary school.

And if a dream does go sour, I just my "it's a dream" rewind powers and avoid any threats.

SoftTouch
  • SoftTouch

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:32 AM Edited by SoftTouch, 01 January 2014 - 10:32 AM.

But there are nightmares I like where I'm being chased by something scary or I'm trying to escape from some creepy ass place. I call em funmares.

I get them too, although when someone chases me I try to run and I slow down alot, and then I always wake up.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:35 AM

I had one last year where I was playing cricket and someone hit the ball. When I turned back from getting the ball everyone had turned into lions and they started chasing me. 

I don't think I've had a true nightmare since that one.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:18 AM

I remember since my childhood that my dreams, I always get bitten by a 'snake'. It's like a paradox or prediction as to what I have experienced last year which is quite awful and something I could not cherish.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:31 AM Edited by Linc., 01 January 2014 - 11:38 AM.

Actually yeah, once I'm pretty sure I had a nightmare where sivispacem and lil weasel were BOTH moderators at the SAME TIME. It was really scary! :O
  • GTAKid667, PaletoChickenCapo and theadmiral like this

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:33 AM

I never have nightmares anymore. Last one was probably when I was still in primary school, some 18, 19 freakin years ago...

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:51 AM

I had one last year where I was playing cricket and someone hit the ball. When I turned back from getting the ball everyone had turned into lions and they started chasing me. 

I don't think I've had a true nightmare since that one.

I had a nightmare about cricket where I pulled one to square leg and got caught by the Pink Panther.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:52 PM

I rarely have nightmares, but when I do, they're really crazy..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users