68 replies to this topic
UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

There is a reason a game wins so many GOTY

And that main reason is, 'PERSONAL' Favorites and Opinions. It has nothing to do with, whether a game is great or not.

Most are due to them being good. Some are cause companies are afraid of their followers not liking them due to the hype of the game.

If GTA V was not good,why did it sell 29 million copies? and is still on the top 5 in the sales charts .

Also where did I say if a game doesn't win GOTY it's not great?

Your reply to Ace,"How does me showing proof of GTA V isn't great"?????

I'm just proving to the GTA fanboys that GTA isn't as great as they may think. No GTA game has won the MOST award coming from 2003. The only Rockstar game that ever did win the most GOTY awards in that year is Red Dead Redemption.

I am really confused. Are you talking about the whole library of games that R* released or GTA only?

GTA 4 did win MOST GOTY awards.

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:56 PM

I would pick payday or csgo but there not from 2013 ( they still better as 2013 games i played ). 

That only leaves me with Dead island 2, game aint as good as Dead island but its from 2013 and i liked it alot ( they didnt patched super jump glitch so its awsome ).

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

lol fanboy alert.

oh the irony.
How does me showing proof on how GTA V isn't as great as the fanboys may think? Like I said before The Last of Us is a great game but not my favorite game. GTA SA and RDR are a way better game than The Last of Us. 

So, if a game doesn't not win GOTY, it's not great?

What kind of logic is this?

There's a reason a game wins so many GOTY.

Most are due to them being good. Some are cause companies are afraid of their followers not liking them due to the hype of the game. ( GTA V ).

I'm just proving to the GTA fanboys that GTA isn't as great as they may think. No GTA game has won the MOST award coming from 2003. The only Rockstar game that ever did win the most GOTY awards in that year is Red Dead Redemption.

So just because games don't get awards, that means the game isn't great? You are one egostitical f*ck. In that case, you can say that RDR only got the awards because of the hype and not because it was great. San Andreas didn't get f*ck loads amount of awards but it is one of the greatest games of all f*cking time. You need a history lesson on gaming. And also, there is something called opinions, you think V isn't great but others do. So you can f*ck off.

• lol232 and Th3MaN1 like this

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:55 PM Edited by redx165, 01 January 2014 - 10:02 PM.

lol fanboy alert.

oh the irony.
How does me showing proof on how GTA V isn't as great as the fanboys may think? Like I said before The Last of Us is a great game but not my favorite game. GTA SA and RDR are a way better game than The Last of Us. 

So, if a game doesn't not win GOTY, it's not great?

What kind of logic is this?

There's a reason a game wins so many GOTY.

Most are due to them being good. Some are cause companies are afraid of their followers not liking them due to the hype of the game. ( GTA V ).

So just because games don't get awards, that means the game isn't great? You are one egostitical f*ck. In that case, you can say that RDR only got the awards because of the hype and not because it was great. San Andreas didn't get f*ck loads amount of awards but it is one of the greatest games of all f*cking time. You need a history lesson on gaming. And also, there is something called opinions, you think V isn't great but others do. So you can f*ck off.

I didn't say GTA SA is the greatest of all time. Just a all around better game than V. Red Dead Redemption got lots of rewards cause that year most of the games sucked. GTA V was outmatched by The Last of Us and had BioShock to face against. GTA SA had Half Life 2 to face up against. How do I need to learn my history while I'm proving facts about the awards these games won. If anything go to the link and you learn history. We all have opinions but that doesn't make anyones above or below others. That's why there's awards to help prove what's better. If more people like one thing it is better than the other. 

BTW: RDR didn't have as much HYPE as GTA. So don't say RDR only got it cause of hype. It was the only good game back in 2010 facing off against Mass Effect 2. If hype helped out RDR than GTA should be destroying TLOU which clearly it isn't. 

@ UtricularEwe001

If more people like something over another thing than there's a reason. It's better. GOTY are mostly voted by the people while some do their own. Why is it that GTA gets voted GOTY by the most overrated GOTY show VGX? ( Or should I say trailer show )

Are you really comparing sales? Sales mean sh*t, look at COD MW2, Blops1, MW3, and BLOPS 2. MW3 and BLOPS 2 are sh*tty games compared to MW2 and Blops 1. Why did it make all of those sales? Cause it has a name that we all know and is easy causal player game. 

You don't have the most GOTY awards to prove how great most GTA fanboys make the game seem out to be. 

GTA IV didn't win the most.

Fallout 3 - 66

The Critics' Picks - 51

The Readers' Picks - 15

GTA IV - 39

The Critics' Picks - 25

The Readers' Picks - 14

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:05 PM

Grand Theft Auto V,...  would also be happy if The Last Of Us or BioShock: Infinite would win

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:07 AM

GTA San Andreas on iOS. By a mile. I'm not even kidding.

• Mista J likes this

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:10 AM

Hello Kitty Island Adventure 2

• The Odyssey likes this

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:33 AM

If GTA 5 wasn't delayed several times and the amount of errors didn't occur then perhaps the game would of been one of the best.

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:24 AM

GTA San Andreas on iOS. By a mile. I'm not even kidding.

Yes.

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:45 AM

I would pick Skylanders Swap Force as the game of the year.

-because of it's quality and because it has been ages since we have seen a decent multiplatform platformer.

I would not pick GTA5 because it is so forgettable experience. After finishing it, I have not been thinkin about it much, and not even remotely interested in playing it again...

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:23 PM Edited by UtricularEwe001, 02 January 2014 - 07:24 PM.

Stop being such a crybabies. If you don't like GTA V, then it's fine. But It's not a bad game. You guys don't even represent 0.000002% of the people who bought the game.

And

GTA V is the biggest entertainment product in the UK for 2013 (beating Skyfall by a considerable amount). In your face.....haters

http://www.mcvuk.com...to-no-5/0126323

@Redx..... And none of them said GTA V is a bad game, in fact for most people it is the 2nd GOTY.

GTA 4 did win GOTY from the most 'reputable' and 'trustworthy' sites.
  • Th3MaN1 likes this

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:25 PM

GTA Vice City

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

In the beginning there was Jack

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:20 PM

AC4 Black Flag perhaps. Or NFS Rivals or GRID 2. Haven't played them yet but I don't see any other alternatives.

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:20 PM

Stop being such a crybabies. If you don't like GTA V, then it's fine. But It's not a bad game. You guys don't even represent 0.000002% of the people who bought the game.

And

GTA V is the biggest entertainment product in the UK for 2013 (beating Skyfall by a considerable amount). In your face.....haters

http://www.mcvuk.com...to-no-5/0126323

@Redx..... And none of them said GTA V is a bad game, in fact for most people it is the 2nd GOTY.

GTA 4 did win GOTY from the most 'reputable' and 'trustworthy' sites.

You thinking we don't represent them? You know there are more haters than that. Most people don't waste their time on this forum if they didn't like the game. I do cause I use to love this franchise. How does selling more make it better? You are really being a fanboy.

Reputable and trustworthy sites? Really so if a site doesn't give GTA GOTY it doesn't count? Wow please quit with the fanboys. I already shown you proof that GTA IV came in second place with GOTY awards that year.  

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

And even if there are more haters, numbers will be what, 1000? 100000? GTA V sold 26 MILLION copies. You do the maths.

And what proof did you give?

My proof :

http://en.m.wikipedi.../wiki/Fallout_3

http://en.m.wikipedi...d_Theft_Auto_IV

Go to Reception.

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:47 PM Edited by redx165, 02 January 2014 - 09:47 PM.

And even if there are more haters, numbers will be what, 1000? 100000? GTA V sold 26 MILLION copies. You do the maths.

And what proof did you give?

My proof :

http://en.m.wikipedi.../wiki/Fallout_3

http://en.m.wikipedi...d_Theft_Auto_IV

Go to Reception.

So I'm confuse? Your still didn't prove how GTA IV got more GOTY awards. There are also no links showing me that while my link shows you everything. 

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:50 PM

GTA V, definitely.
TLoU sucks and is overrated like f*ck.

Just like gta v MuHahaha.
Anyway it's AC IV for me

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:14 PM

So I'm confuse? Your still didn't prove how GTA IV got more GOTY awards. There are also no links showing me that while my link shows you everything

Lol, Are you blind?

You didn't provide any links and I did.

Go to the Wikipedia page > Reception for each games

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:58 PM Edited by AceKingston, 03 January 2014 - 03:58 PM.

Fallout 3 - 66
The Critics' Picks - 51[/size]

The Readers' Picks - 15[/size]

GTA IV - 39

The Critics' Picks - 25[/size]

The Readers' Picks - 14[/size]

So because Fallout 3 won more GOTY awards, it means it's the better game? Fallout 3 and GTA IV are both amazing games (I've played them both) and before you get to comparing FO3 to IV, you can't because one is an RPG and one is a crime game. It's obvious which will have more play-time. Comparing FO3 with IV is like comparing GTA V with The last of us.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:40 PM Edited by WinterEdit, 03 January 2014 - 06:40 PM.

Fallout 3 - 66
The Critics' Picks - 51[/size]

The Readers' Picks - 15[/size]

GTA IV - 39

The Critics' Picks - 25[/size]

The Readers' Picks - 14[/size]

So because Fallout 3 won more GOTY awards, it means it's the better game? Fallout 3 and GTA IV are both amazing games (I've played them both) and before you get to comparing FO3 to IV, you can't because one is an RPG and one is a crime game. It's obvious which will have more play-time. Comparing FO3 with IV is like comparing GTA V with The last of us.

You're correct.

Game of the Year or any awards should not really matter. It's all merely an opinion. It's more likely to be a good or a better game if it gets more awards than the other, which is why people are like "EHRMAHGERD WHY DIDN'T GAME X WIN????". I'd say all games that are great enough to be noted as candidates for the GOTY-award are excellent.

What game is your favorite from them, that's your opinion.

Following directed to every hater of GTA V, The Last of Us, BioShock Infinite etc etc:

If you're going to spite a game that is a GOTY Candidate in any award ceremony, be it Spike, IGN, Machinima or some of the lesser known ones, you can be sure there'll be huge amounts of negative comments towards the guy with that opinion. If you dislike a game, you should be able to justify that why do you hate it. If you can't, then shut up. In my opinion, you're allowed to have any kind of an opinion of a game. But be sure to be able to explain the reasons for that.

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:07 PM Edited by lol232, 29 January 2014 - 06:47 PM.

GTA V, definitely.
TLoU sucks and is overrated like f*ck.

Just like gta v MuHahaha.
Anyway it's AC IV for me

Yep, I do like GTA V.
But that's not the reason, all people keep saying about TLoU is story, story, story.
I never heard anyone saying how it has great gameplay,
Played the game myself, it was extremely boring, there was nothing original there and it was all just so bland, generic, and if you think GTA V has dumb AI, oh boy wait until you see TLoU's AI...

I rented the game for a week and returned it within 4 days. I regret wasting my money on, the gameplay is crap, if I wanted a linear TPS game I'd get myself any of the Max Payne's, and if I wanted zombies too I'd get Max Payne 2 and download the free Dead Man Walking chapters expansion pack.
I don't want to play an Interactive movie, there are a lot more games with a better story that didn't even have cutscenes.
Seriously, cutscenes in TLoU were way longer than the time you actually play,
now that's literally a true definition of an interactive movie.

I'm not saying TLoU sucks because I like GTA V, I'm saying TLoU sucks because it sucks.
A lot of games were better than TLoU this year (Bioshock Infinite, AC4, Battlefield 4 and so on)

I played Bishock Infinite, personally it's a great game (barely played it but I had a lot of fun), and it was a lot better than TLoU.
Only thing that matches GTA V for me.
  • Th3MaN1 likes this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:19 PM Edited by DeafMetal, 28 January 2014 - 11:36 PM.

After playing all of my choices for a second time:

Best gameplay = GTA V > Blood Dragon >>>>> Tomb Raider > Bioshock Infinite = TLoU

• GTA V blows all the others out of the water. Blood Dragon is easily one of the funnest games of the year though, and  enjoyed every goddamn minute; pound-for-pound, it's probably as fun as GTA V. But, that's still 14 hours of equivalent fun vs 300. I also picked it up for $7 and it gave me 14 hours of gameplay. That's a f*cking steal. Tomb Raider had pretty tight gameplay but I f*cking hated the quick-time events, and they came in way too often. Bioshock Infinite had pretty generic gameplay, the shooting was average, and the first half was boring. The later half got really good though, the gameplay was actually fun thanks to the speed going up. TLoU had OK gameplay. Still don't like the Uncharted-like shooting. It's good, but nothing outstanding. The thing I hated about it was the lack of actual gameplay, a lot of it felt like an interactive movie, which is fine when done here and there, but it was done all too often.

Best story = Bioshock Infinite  > TLoU > GTA V = Blood Dragon >>>> Tomb Raider

• Bioshock Infinite had a f*cking phenomenal story. It was original, mysterious, and intriguing. It made me look up multi-verse stuff. That's how awesome it was. The only thing that I HATE was how the first DLC ruined the entire point of the main game, but I'm judging them based on their own merits bar DLC. The Last of Us' story was set in an overused setting and had a pretty cliche premise but they totally nailed the characters and the feel of the setting. It felt like a REALLY awesome Walking Dead mini-series. GTA V had really good characters, and was much deeper than it made itself out to be, but the story was sometimes inconsistent. Blood Dragon had a perfect story -- it wasn't meant to impress or inspire, but to ridicule, and it did so perfectly. However, it was still really short. Tomb Raider had a pretty cliche story and premise, and was largely predictable. Pretty average in terms of story.

Best writing = GTA V > TLoU > Blood Dragon >>> Bioshock Infinite > Tomb Raider

• Rockstar has the best writing in the industry. Plain and simple. It's one thing to write a story very well, but it's another thing entirely to write an entire world very well, and that's exactly what GTA V does. Not only that, but it has mastered the art of hiding deep themes inside a coat of humor and ridiculousness. TLoU is like an oscar-winning movie. It takes a crapload of talent to take a cliche premise and setting and make it something memorable. Naughty Dog did a fine job, especially at writing its characters into full-fledged human beings. Blood Dragon made me laugh out laugh over and over and over throughout my playthrough. It's one of the most clever games ever, and it's definitely one of the best satires ever put into a BluRay Disc. Bioshock Infinite lacked a little in terms of character development. I did not feel a connection with any character, but the game implied I did. It also seemed to assume that we would fill in the gaps in certain areas, like how Booker went from "you're just money" to "I WILL GIVE MY LIFE FOR YOU!" towards Elizabeth. Tomb Raider, as mentioned above, was the average AAA movie. Nothing really outstanding, the characters were predictable, the story development and dialogue was also straight out of a Summer Blockbuster.

Best music = GTA V > Blood Dragon > TLoU > Bioshock Infinite > Tomb Raider

• GTA V had some really good classics, and some generally good music. I initially disliked the radio stations but they grew on me as time went by. There's still some really repetitive crap in there, like a ton of Radio Los Santos, but overall, it was great. Not as good as 3D era GTAs, but that's not at all bad, seeing as the latter used basically ALL classics. It also marks the first time they include an original score in a GTA game, and I've always loved R*'s OS, especially Bully, which was very similar in style to V. Blood Dragon completely NAILED the setting with the music. Nuff said. TLoU had some really good music that did an excellent job at capturing the essence of the environment. However, it doesn't completely "nail it" like BD and it does not have the sheer quantity of quality tracks that V does. Bioshock Infinite's saving grace were the oldie covers of popular music, which were awesome! Th soundtrack, apart from those, was exactly what the game needed, but nothing that was outstanding. The same applies to Tomb Raider: nothing outstanding, but the music went very well with the game. I was actually expecting a catchy theme for it, a la Uncharted.

Best graphics = GTA V > TLoU > Bioshock Infinite > Tomb Raider > Blood Dragon

• GTA V simply has amazing graphics. The animations, the lack of sh*tty pixelaton from IV, the INSANE draw distance, the minimal pop-in compared to earlier games, the environment, the amazing lightning, the character models, and the fact that this was all on a huge open-world game. That's mind-blowing. TLoU was near-photo-realistic. The animations were amazing, albeit stale in some areas (though those may have been on purpose). The character models were f*cking phenomenal and somehow even better than UC3 which is f*cking insane to fathom. However, due to its linear nature, I'm putting it in second. Bioshock Infinite was f*cking amazing as well. The vibrant colors, the great atmosphere, the lightning, the beautifully-crafted character models and environments. It was artistically beautiful, whereas TLoU was graphically beautiful.

It's kind of unfair for me to compare the other two since I played them on PC, maxed out at 60+ FPS, but I'll base them on the impressions they gave me. Tomb Raider looks at least as good as Uncharted 3. The lightning is awesome, the animations are flawless. Blood Dragon wasn't really graphically impressive in the same type of way that TLoU was, but the visuals were completely nailed in regards to the theme. However, that still does not really make it graphically impressive in my opinion. You really can't go wrong with any of the games in terms of graphics.

GOTY = GTA V > Blood Dragon > TLoU > Bioshock Infinite > Tomb Raider

• Was there really any doubt? GTA V is by far the funnest game to come out of the industry since San Andreas. It's a masterpiece. It's not perfect by any extension, but it is a work of art. Blood Dragon was the dark horse of the year. It was the underdog. It was one of the funniest, funnest games to come out ever. I wouldn't say it's as overall fun or deep as a GTA game, but it's just pure unadulterated fun. If V was a fine whiskey, this motherf*cker would be straight-up, 100% alcohol. The Last of Us wasn't really FUN, but it was very intriguing. I became very involved in the characters and the story. Helps that I'm a huge Walking Dead fan. Bioshock Infinite had its flaws. While TLoU was not FUN per say, it also was not at all BORING, which is what I thought Bioshock Infinite was in its first half. Tomb Raider I think is just a good game. Just nothing in it is outstanding. It doesn't have a killer-app like TLoU has with its characters or BI has with its story.

ACIV might have probably been in there in most of the choices but I didn't get it, though I will when I get my PS4, looks sweet.

• lol232, Th3MaN1 and The Odyssey like this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:50 PM

What is this, the f*ckin' retard thread?

I better join in then.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 is best game, 

Metacritic:

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2: 9.8 

GTA V: 9.7

The Last of Us: 9.5

Fallout 3: 9.1

So this proves that GTA V is not best game, or something.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:39 PM Edited by Billy james, 28 January 2014 - 11:46 PM.

Draw between GTA V and TLoU

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:44 AM

Angry Birds will be GOTY.

• DeafMetal likes this

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:24 AM

Ride To Hell: Retribution or The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct or Brink.

They're the best games ever maaaaaaaaaaade.

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:38 AM

I better join in then.

Metacritic:

You know what I find funny is. These games that have 98/100 score don't win GOTY. Wonder what that means? They got money to pay off reviewers. Just like M$ has money to pay off youtubers. 

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:07 AM

for me it's pretty easy to pick GTA V.

but I was also really surprised by the strength of ACIV Black Flag. I've been playing both of them pretty consistently since release day without pause.

it would be easier if GTA V was on the PC already because then I could say V wins without hesitation.

console limitations keep it from being quite as perfect as it could have been.

SatournFan
  • SatournFan

Ten Outta Fish

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:34 AM Edited by SatournFan, 29 January 2014 - 10:36 AM.

Game Dev Tycoon.

Would pick Hotline Miami, but it's from 2012.

• Th3MaN1 likes this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:18 PM

I better join in then.

Metacritic:

You know what I find funny is. These games that have 98/100 score don't win GOTY. Wonder what that means? They got money to pay off reviewers. Just like M$ has money to pay off youtubers. 

I honestly think that's enough with you proving that the game that gets most GOTY's is the best game. I'm not going to argue with you, since everyone has it's opinion, but take a look at the GOTY awards that were user-voted ones. Which game won there? GTA V. If you want to prove GTA V sucks, don't do it by showing us that TLoU got more GOTY awards. Maybe more people hate GTA V than TLoU, but guess what, A LOT more people like GTA V than TLoU. Saying that Metacritic critics got paid off to give a game high ratings is just plain childish. Just like you, and me, those critics have their own opinion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users