Quantcast

» «
Photo

Cops 'n Crooks will entail..?

39 replies to this topic

Poll: Cops 'n Crooks will entail..? (88 member(s) have cast votes)

Will they release Cops 'n Crooks and will it be any good?

1. Yes it will happen, and it will be great (24 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

2. Yes it will happen, but Rockstar will mess it up (34 votes [38.64%])

Percentage of vote: 38.64%

3. No it won't happen (30 votes [34.09%])

Percentage of vote: 34.09%

When will this happen?

1. Within 1 month (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Within 3 months (23 votes [26.14%])

Percentage of vote: 26.14%

3. Within 6 months (12 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

4. Within 12 months (7 votes [7.95%])

Percentage of vote: 7.95%

5. Beyond 12 months (11 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

6. N/A (35 votes [39.77%])

Percentage of vote: 39.77%

Will it be free and if so will pay for it?

1. It will be free (36 votes [40.91%])

Percentage of vote: 40.91%

2. It will cost, and I won't pay for it (14 votes [15.91%])

Percentage of vote: 15.91%

3. It will cost, and I will pay for it (16 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

4. N/A (22 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

Biohazard Abyss - I have also played both modes, and I disagree. Cops 'n Crooks is infinitely better imho. I can go a bit further and tell you why. Crooked Cop is effectively like a Single job from Team Mafiya Work in IV. Sure, it can be fun occasionally, but it's the same task over and over, whereas in TMW you had hundreds of different jobs that could come up in a match. Cops 'n Crooks always has variety because you have a human opponent trying to escape others - the best players use their initiative and improvise, which means matches never play out quite the same. The Crooked Cop is a computer controlled character and no harder to kill than any other. 

But the whole point is the package.

I love the thrill of having 8 guys in Jackals or Schafters chasing after you, trying to take you down and the fact that when you die, you spawn in a car makes it that much more fast-paced.  Day 1 Crooked Cop was amazing especially because everyone was on the same level, so everyone had access to simple equipment.  If R* made it where you could edit the options in lets say the Content Creator, it would be even better.

I guess we can have our different views on which we prefer. I think the main point for me is that Crooked Cop and Cops 'n Crooks are entirely different in all but name. As you rightly say, in Crooked Cop, the whole point is the package, an object you have to collect. In Cops 'n Crooks, the objective is to take out another player before he escapes. Fundamentally, it leads to very different styles of gameplay. I'm all for the different options, I just don't want to see old stuff that was good discarded. I've platinumed V on the PS3, so I obviously liked it, but I could do with some of the magic from IV that is currently missing imho.

SteveKeith
  • SteveKeith

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:26 PM

All I want is something like LCPDFR, i think thats what it's called. I know it will never happen but id love it

• UP9390 likes this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:38 AM

Shameless plug here, but hopefully watching this will cure some CnC blues for fans who are waiting for it in IV

I hope to produce a full Movie based on Cops 'n Crooks in the near future.

• A J likes this

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:31 PM

How did I miss this topic  :sui:

I'm feeling both upbeat and slightly worried. It's good they recognise that CnC was a great mode, but I'm worried they don't quite realise what made it so good. It had nothing to do with 'pretending to a cop, and arresting playing', it was about team work, and every single game playing out differently. I hope to God that hasn't changed otherwise I won't see this as CnC at all, but just another stupid job with the CnC name falsely attached.

Previous posts touched on this, and I think Jim mentioned this, but missions like Crooked Cop, are good fun, but why on earth there isn't a mode, that gives you mission after mission like this in the same way Team Mafiya Work did is beyond me, instead you complete the game, spend a sh*t load on ammo, get very little payout back, waste 2 minutes going through loading screens, voting, and a lobby, it's not as fun in the slightest. 

I like Rockstar's idea for an economy, and modes like TMW lends itself to it perfectly, three crews competing to do the same job for Lester, it might only give the $500, but immediately following that a job could give $5000 (such as an armoured van attack - I realise these are in free mode, but the difficulty of jacking one and taking the money is a joke),

Anyways back to CnC, it has to be All for One, and preferably random spawns every time, sadly I can not see this happening, but I can hope for it.

Secondly and a shameless plug of my own, but I've decided to try and put together a CnC style game mode, in an invite session only. Hell I even made this map.

z4m01Zd.jpg

I'm currently discussing with my crew the Damned, but truely anyone is welcome to join. 

• Ethereal_NYC, Jimbatron and StormerBoy like this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:59 PM

I'm feeling both upbeat and slightly worried. It's good they recognise that CnC was a great mode, but I'm worried they don't quite realise what made it so good. It had nothing to do with 'pretending to a cop, and arresting playing', it was about team work, and every single game playing out differently. I hope to God that hasn't changed otherwise I won't see this as CnC at all, but just another stupid job with the CnC name falsely attached.

If ever there was a post that has hit the nail on the head for me, it is this! R* aren't stupid, and I'm sure they are well aware that CnC was a very popular game mode. But do they know why? I'm not so sure about that either. It was a mode that grew on me through hours and hours of playing with friends that made you realise the huge benefits of team play and co-operation, just as you say. R* might have employees play test quite a bit, but I doubt they know each mode in as much detail as its hardcore fans.

Good luck anyway with your own CnC mode. I'm probably not going to be on the PS3 for the next two months as I'm trying to get the guys on the PC together to make the movie (I hope just before they decide to add the mode to V). I think this could be really valuable if the content creator is expanded to allow us to create new CnC map start points and getaways (that's a big if, but here's to dreaming - hopefully you'll start to get an idea of what start spawns are evenly balanced.

• A J and StormerBoy like this

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

If ever there was a post that has hit the nail on the head for me, it is this! R* aren't stupid, and I'm sure they are well aware that CnC was a very popular game mode. But do they know why? I'm not so sure about that either. It was a mode that grew on me through hours and hours of playing with friends that made you realise the huge benefits of team play and co-operation, just as you say. R* might have employees play test quite a bit, but I doubt they know each mode in as much detail as its hardcore fans.

Good luck anyway with your own CnC mode. I'm probably not going to be on the PS3 for the next two months as I'm trying to get the guys on the PC together to make the movie (I hope just before they decide to add the mode to V). I think this could be really valuable if the content creator is expanded to allow us to create new CnC map start points and getaways (that's a big if, but here's to dreaming - hopefully you'll start to get an idea of what start spawns are evenly balanced.

It's cool when you come back to ps3 if CnC does get released by sure to add me again ;) Good luck with your movie.

Thanks for the luck, a lot is against us, particularly the weaponry, but hopefully players will stick to the rules.

(We've made two crews especially for this just for the blip colours :) )

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that the people who test the games for Rockstar, and provide them the feedback that counts a lot than what any of us say, is completely flawed, if Rockstar knew what they were doing, they would of kept the weapon sets from IV, so that over powered weapons weren't available in the Capture modes that feature really slow, large vehicles which are basic sticky bomb magnets / easy RPG targets. Basic things like that, have left me with a lot of pessimism when it comes to them doing a CnC on V.

Why on earth wasn't CnC or Team Mafiya Work a part of the game when it first was released?! I'd rather they completely left out the whole play once and never again type of things like golf, tennis, parachuting and arm wrestling, and solely focused on the good things that were in GTA IV. 

I think I know, and it's a slightly worrying thing about games in general, they solely aim to make the games appeal to everyone, and forget about what the genuine fans really want, the people that stuck to GTA IV because they saw its beauty compared to that sh*te called COD (COD MW 1 / World at War not included in that opinion), it's clear in the way that they're sticking with the autoaiming sh*t, that they still want to cater for the retarded too never mind just the casual brainless COD fool /rant over. 

• Ethereal_NYC and Jimbatron like this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:11 PM Edited by StormerBoy, 11 January 2014 - 09:13 PM.

It's so enriching to know that I'm not the only one out there with both a brain, and also knowledge of what 'most' people enjoy in a game, even though most of those who do enjoy it aren't capable of understanding what they want/need.

Your posts sum up really well what is is all about. The team work, the fact that no two games are ever the same, the simplicity which allowed us ourselves to make it complex if we chose to do so.

My greatest fear, is that as with every other part of GTA Online so far, R* will try and reinvent CnC by making it overly complicated and restricted in terms of freedom and being able to express yourself thru the game mode. Sure it can be slightly fine tuned by improving spawn locations etc. But also it f*cks me right off that they are so incapable of communicating what is happening, if anything.

• Jimbatron likes this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:23 PM

One can't help but feel the whole cash cards idea in GTA Online has been a bit of a problem for everyone (which is an element sitting behind the character progression theme). My guess is there were a lot of big arguments within R*/Take2 about whether this was a good idea or not. They kind of wimped out of it a bit by making it easy to avoid having to buy them, but in the same time making all the game mode dynamics in a way that wouldn't put people off buying them. It smacks of there not being a consensus at their end. I've worked in 3 FTSE 250 large corporations in the last 10 years and I've seen these kind of commercial arguments that go on. No one on either side of the debate really knows what the true facts are and you wind up with a compromise that's a bit of a mess.

I only hope this doesn't interfere with a potential CnC mode for V.

My personal feeling is I'd have been happy to say pay £10 a year for online access and then just have gameplay that isn't restricted by the above. I know some people will disagree in that they've already paid for the game, but as I'm very fond of saying, it's easy to spend £50-£100 on one Friday night out these days. The amount of hours I get out of a GTA title make it pretty good value.

• StormerBoy likes this

UP9390
  • UP9390

Railfan, Sheriff of Los Santos County - PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:06 AM

I hope they add it, it will be interesting and fun to be able to play as Law Enforcement on GTA Online! With the Personal Cruisers, I wonder if we will be able to upgrade the patrol vehicles, or be able to equip civilian cars with Police Equipment such as Code 3 Equipment (Lights & Siren). I wonder if they are going to still keep the AI Cops on CnC to work with players that are cops?

• StormerBoy likes this

Ethereal_NYC
  • Ethereal_NYC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:08 AM

Previous posts touched on this, and I think Jim mentioned this, but missions like Crooked Cop, are good fun, but why on earth there isn't a mode, that gives you mission after mission like this in the same way Team Mafiya Work did is beyond me, instead you complete the game, spend a sh*t load on ammo, get very little payout back, waste 2 minutes going through loading screens, voting, and a lobby, it's not as fun in the slightest. 

I like Rockstar's idea for an economy, and modes like TMW lends itself to it perfectly, three crews competing to do the same job for Lester, it might only give the $500, but immediately following that a job could give $5000 (such as an armoured van attack - I realise these are in free mode, but the difficulty of jacking one and taking the money is a joke),

Anyways back to CnC, it has to be All for One, and preferably random spawns every time, sadly I can not see this happening, but I can hope for it.

Secondly and a shameless plug of my own, but I've decided to try and put together a CnC style game mode, in an invite session only. Hell I even made this map.

z4m01Zd.jpg

I'm currently discussing with my crew the Damned, but truely anyone is welcome to join. 

yo AJ PM me

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users