Why is San Fierro so underrated?

52 replies to this topic
THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:36 AM

I enjoyed it. It was a different vibe than the ghettos of LS and the deserts of LV. It was a friendly city with a cool airport, awesome mod garages, businesses, two girlfriends, golf course, etc. At the time I played GTA SA, I didn't know that the cities represented actual places, so that's probably why I never nitpicked them for not being exact replicas. They were just three cities that made SA an awesome game.
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340 and Luddite like this

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:58 AM

Because San Francisco is for nice people and old people

You've got no clue what you're talking about. Done in the right era, with the right protagonist(s) SF could very well be one of the best locations yet.

Like I said much earlier in this thread, and a million others, SF has to be done in the 70's to be done right (much like how VC has to be done in the 80's to be done right). Back then in North Cali you had hippie radicals, Asian gangsters on the loose, pissed off Veitnam Vets- turned bikers, corporate corruption... And hell even the mayor got assassinated.
  • Tyla, na89340qv0n34b09q340 and Rainbow Party like this

Nudg3r
  • Nudg3r

Playa

• Members

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:20 AM

San Fierro is too small

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

• Members

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:01 AM

San Fierro is too small

LC in III was pretty small, LS in SA was small. So by that logic SF will remain small?

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:36 PM

I enjoyed Rockstar's version of San Francisco and I would love to see it again. But Vice City, something about it makes me want VI to be set there. I San Fierro needs to wait.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:14 AM

I think SF would make a great HD location. It's just the SF in SA felt sh*t, rushed, and boring.
  • Luddite likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:17 AM

Exactly, SF is great multicultural city with interesting architecture, road layout and history. It's pretty well used in media, so it's definitely great base for a future game in both the past ('70) and present day. 

• Luddite and Sting4S like this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:54 AM

I think SF would make a great HD location. It's just the SF in SA felt sh*t, rushed, and boring.

Even though it did feel rushed, it was kind of a cool city. It was foggy or overkast all of the time compared to the other cities. Come to think of it, why didn't V have different weather for the different sections of the map? I mean SA did that.

• Luddite likes this

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

• Members

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:50 PM

Even though it did feel rushed, it was kind of a cool city. It was foggy or overkast all of the time compared to the other cities. Come to think of it, why didn't V have different weather for the different sections of the map? I mean SA did that.
I would probably put that down to draw distance. Look at the desert in SA, it's probably no bigger than the desert in V, yet it feels bigger in SA due to the crappy draw distance. Meaning it wouldn't look overly weird to have a sand storm in Bone County, whereas I personally feel it would look out of place to have one in the sandpit-like Senora Desert. Same logic could be applied to something like snow on Chilliad and many others.

Not trying to sound like one of those people who defend V no matter what, but had I been a developer I would do the same thing.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Huelga birds in the air and we're chargin with spears

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:53 PM Edited by Ss4gogeta0, 25 March 2014 - 05:55 PM.

Because San Francisco is for nice people and old people

Bullsh*t... I got to SF regularly and I can say that its grimey as hell... go to the tenderloin on the first and 15th of the month... you will see all the crack heads lined up waiting for their next hit and the dealers out there doin buisness...

The mission district is known for its latino culture and gangs... 

Same for Chinatown...

walk down Filmore/Hunters Point/Sunnydale/etc... you will see how bad it is..

I admit the beaches out there are amazing (Loved China Beach)

but the city is full of dirty hoes faulty bitches and dope... 

especially since the 80s...

anyway Im doing a mod for SF that atleast gets the hoods and barrios right...

- Loco North $ide (mex)
- Dolores Park Locos (mex)
- 22nd Hoggz (mex)
- Mara Salvatrucha (mex)
- Big Block (black)
- Oakdale Mob (black)
- Bay Sho Mob (black/player gang)
- Color blue soljas (asian)
- Wah Ching (asian)
- Viet Boys (asian)
  • Tyla and Luddite like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:14 PM

^ so there's no white gangs in your mod?

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

iFruit fanboys are idiots

• Members
  • Mars
  • Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:52 AM

"San Francisco is for old and nice people." I will nominate this for Best Joke of the year 2014.
SF would be a serious city for nice people, only if the bay area wasn't present there. Even in 3D rendition where we didn't have a detailed bay area, a large amount of criminal acts took place there.
  • Luddite likes this

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

• Members

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:49 PM

Well there aren't really a whole lot of notable white gangs from real world San Farncisco. Most of the underworld is controlled by Asian criminal organisations.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:47 PM

Well there aren't really a whole lot of notable white gangs from real world San Farncisco. Most of the underworld is controlled by Asian criminal organisations.

You'd be surprised at the white gangs around in real life. You've got the mob, suburban gangbangers, and who could forget bikers?

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:21 PM

You'd be surprised at the white gangs around in real life. You've got the mob, suburban gangbangers, and who could forget bikers?

in San Francisco the only white gangs are a small hippie gang or literally the gay bikers out in Castro (Im seriously not kidding)... although you have white people mixed in with the other Latino/Black/Asian gangs...

I go out to SF every now and then so yea....

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:31 PM

in San Francisco the only white gangs are a small hippie gang or literally the gay bikers out in Castro (Im seriously not kidding)... although you have white people mixed in with the other Latino/Black/Asian gangs...

So you do have white gangsters there. That's cool.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:06 AM

maybe a few russian gun runners but nothing too serious cuz mexicand and asians have frisco on lock...

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:12 AM

maybe a few russian gun runners but nothing too serious cuz mexicand and asians have frisco on lock...

But there's still bikers, though. I know the hells angels are predominantly white

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:19 AM

How's Hunters Point these days? I heard a big property corporation were moving in to redevelop the old shipyard? Houses, malls, all that?

I'd quite like to see that in an SF GTA - buying up a whole area and transforming it.

IanE55
  • IanE55

Santa hats? Too mainstream.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Mexico

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:11 AM

I really want to revisit SF in a future GTA, it's just something special that makes it different from all the cities in SA

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:24 PM

I'd still rather see Vice City in GTA 6. Not only the west coast appauls me, but also I'd love to see how accurate Rockstar can make the general area I live in. Florida has a lot more parody stuff as well, like maybe a parody of that George Zimmerman dude?

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:52 PM

San Fierro was okay... I think it just got less attention than the rest of San Andreas...  One of my favorite things to do was to approach a steep hilly street at full speed and going sailing over oncoming traffic... you can do that in GTA V, but the streets are not as steep. 

It would have been cool if we could have had San Fierro in V, but as long as it was in addition to the other stuff we do have, and not at the expense of them.

Then again looking at all the cut content and dead details (prison, race track, sports arena and Fort Zancudo), I imagine we would have gotten a big useless aircraft carrier and tons of places that would only have been eye candy and nothing more.

Blennerville
  • Blennerville

Trick

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:50 PM

Its because there are a lot of ignorant people out there (but think they know it all).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users