52 replies to this topic
PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

iFruit fanboys are idiots

• Members
  • Mars
  • Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:56 PM

San Francisco. A big, beautiful city, with a large bay area, where most of the city's criminal acts take place.

We're all sure that Rockstar did poor job on parodying it in "GTA San Andreas", but still, this doesn't mean that SF is a boring city. It's like saying "Los Angeles is small because Los Santos in SA was."

The game had almost nothing to do with the bay area. Instead, they made an useless boatyard and an empty bayside island.

Why does everybody talk about Vice City, and everybody hates on San Fierro? Because R* didn't make it look nice, or because of less nudity?
Any opinions?
  • Ss4gogeta0 and theGTAking101 like this

Spadge007
  • Spadge007

Low-rider

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:19 PM

I don't know where is hated on San Fierro ? Never heard complaining about.

I would love to see GTA VI in San Fierro with an accessible cable car, police headquartes and a lot of other features. Why not placed in the '60/'70 ? Good old flowers in your hair and classic rock.

However, for SA rockstar hadn't the time for modelling all of San Fierro, some textures are bugged or poor modelised, but still even the Cesar says it to CJ at some place,  there is someting magic about this city. It's my favorite location in the game. I agree with you, this city has an enorm potential for a GTA game.

On the IRL scale, it's pretty different from other citys in the US, some kinda Europe in America. That may cause some weird reactions of some people.

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

@Spadge007: If you don't know where do people hate on SF, say "GTA VI should be in San Fierro in 70's. San Fierro is a great city for GTA." in a VI discussion thread and see the replies for yourself. Most of them will say "SF is boring as sh*t. Just VIce city".

Target13
  • Target13

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:26 PM

Because Rockstar made it Dark & Boring in GTA San Andreas. If they make a bright HD remake then people might love it.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:34 PM

The San Andreas version sucked, it was just plain boring and repetitive. I don't either like the real San Francisco too much; I like the East Coast and Midwest cities more.
  • ChrilLe likes this

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:42 PM

If it had a more strong and larger bay area, and they added dealing and boat stealing and stuff like that to it... Then, the forum had "San Fierro Fans" now.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

The only ChrilLe you know and need!

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

@Spadge007: If you don't know where do people hate on SF, say "GTA VI should be in San Fierro in 70's. San Fierro is a great city for GTA." in a VI discussion thread and see the replies for yourself. Most of them will say "SF is boring as sh*t. Just VIce city".

To be honest, San Francisco in general looks boring, and Vice City... well... that was dedicated to the 80's Miami Vice theme. I prefer Grand Theft Auto to take place in present time, if you ask me, the next GTA should take place in Liberty City, but now with a huge wilderness area to go hunting and fight some hillbillys. The next gen consoles might be strong enough to run such a huge map.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:50 PM

I've got the weirdest feeling you made this post to promote your San Fierro concept. Conspiracies, conspiracies...

TBH, if I had to pick somewhere for GTA 6, I'd pick far away from San Fierro. I'm not saying it's a sh*tty city or anything, but hell, I already got enough of the west coast vibe with V and I hate the west coast!

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:11 PM

the SA version was quite boring to be honest. it was an okayish place but definitely my least favorite city in the 3 era and the missions there sucked.

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:27 PM Edited by PooyanCyrus, 31 December 2013 - 04:32 PM.

@universetwisters: No this isn't a promotion. If I wanted to promote a "concept", I could advertise it when it was alive. Now it's been three months since concept's finish.

@AceKingston: Okay. So you hate San Francisco because R* focused more on LV and LS in 10 years ago? It isn't logical, and unfortunately this is what most VC/LC fanboys say to ignore SF.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:11 PM

@AceKingston: Okay. So you hate San Francisco because R* focused more on LV and LS in 10 years ago? It isn't logical, and unfortunately this is what most VC/LC fanboys say to ignore SF.

Automatically your argument gets invalidated.

People have opinions, which may differ than yours.

• Rainbow Party likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:16 PM

@universetwisters: No this isn't a promotion. If I wanted to promote a "concept", I could advertise it when it was alive. Now it's been three months since concept's finish.

Keeping interest?

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:49 PM

@universetwisters: No, making interest. But not in my concept. There were lots of SF concepts before mine.

Actually I want to say "SF is a nice place, aside from 3d era rendition" and you're saying "Come on! End this long promotion."

You said what you wanted to say, so, let's end this. Now, You can start talking about San Fierro. 

Btw, why do you hate the whole west coast?! If SF is like LS, then Chicago is like LC!

bengalboy_0701
  • bengalboy_0701

Loading... Please wait.

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:05 PM

I have always had a hunch that if there were any DLCs for V, the first would be in SF. I mean, this place is just loaded with things that could be awesome for GTAs. Say the 70's, you've got the triads, hipsters, crime- it could bring back that asian vibe most of us liked in CW. Some considered it (still do) the most modern city in the world and tbh i was disappointed to how poorly r* had it portrayed in sa as it was one of my favourite cities so yeah, san fierro is underrated.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:13 PM

I am not finding SF underrated. It's great city, which was terribly done in SA (the one in GTA 1 was so much better). As a place for new game it has a lot of possibilities and opportunities in both past and present time.  

Spadge007
  • Spadge007

Low-rider

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:02 AM Edited by Spadge007, 01 January 2014 - 12:09 AM.

I have to agree, in San Andreas it's rather a poor city compared to Venturas and Los Santos, and the magic is only half there. It lacks also from activities.

But I can't understand why people find San Francisco boring (not talking about Fierro).

I think they've never actually been there.

It's a crazy contrast between the modern city, the skyscrapers, the bay bridge etc. and the older city. The older houses, cable car going down the Hyde, the Pier, the old quarters, Lambert street and much more. All the greens with the parks make it a beautiful, colorful city, also the people, the music, the events. It's really magic. If this something succeeds to be put in the game's city, this special atmosphere, then it will be a hit.

San-Francisco-Fog-Sunset1.jpgThis is not a fake, fog appears regulary

DowntownSF.jpg

This was maybe re-touched, but the rest of the phots aren't

san-francisco-at-dusk-california1.jpg

hyde.jpg

PIER-39.jpg

Already saw LA from such a perspective ? Doesn't look that good ;)

Russian-Hill-Real-Estate-Homes-and-Condo

• gunziness and PooyanCyrus like this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:33 AM

where did I say that?

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:47 AM

I love the idea of San Fierro and possibly an Oakland parody during the mid 70's being the main focus in VI.

In all honesty, if they don't do a 70's San Fierro for the next game, the only other thing I should settle for is a modern day Boston or Chicago. I do not want Vice City.

ABosno
  • ABosno

AB0333, previously

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:11 PM

I've noticed this, too. I actually love it, it's perfect for stunts, jumps and crazy-assed driving. I spent most of the time in San Fierro while playing SA, it has some vibe which really makes me feel at home. Only bad thing about it is that it rains and it's cloudy all the time.

• Luddite likes this

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:32 AM Edited by I<3GTAV, 02 January 2014 - 03:32 AM.

I love San Fierro and the real life San Francisco. It would be the prefect place for an HD-remake IMO. The landmarks, the hills, the surrounding suburbs, mountains, and farmlands, the criminal underworld, and the rather strange people who are perfect to be parodied in GTA. Can't think of a better place, for modern times at least.

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:55 AM

I've noticed this, too. I actually love it, it's perfect for stunts, jumps and crazy-assed driving. I spent most of the time in San Fierro while playing SA, it has some vibe which really makes me feel at home. Only bad thing about it is that it rains and it's cloudy all the time.

Yes San Francisco feels cozy. An important thing in city's vibe is the architecture style. Houses in red/white faces and trees everywhere. Just Cute!
Games taking place in SF are memorable. I remember when I was 3 or 4 years old there was a game named Midtown Madness 2 and I loved beautiful location of the game: It was real-life SF.

ABosno
  • ABosno

AB0333, previously

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

Yes San Francisco feels cozy. An important thing in city's vibe is the architecture style. Houses in red/white faces and trees everywhere. Just Cute!
Games taking place in SF are memorable. I remember when I was 3 or 4 years old there was a game named Midtown Madness 2 and I loved beautiful location of the game: It was real-life SF.

Holy sh*t, yeah I remember Midtown Madness 2, I've played it as a kid, too! Yeah, it was a nice game. It was one of my first racing games. :)

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:59 PM

I remember my first racing games were Midtown Madbess, Midtown Madness 2 and London Racer. Then, I played Driver and GTA 3. That was when my mouth opened from side to side: AAAAAHHH BRILLIANT! :lol:

ABosno
  • ABosno

AB0333, previously

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:39 PM

IMO, even though I used to play Driver (relatively) a lot, I always considered it as trash. It was kinda depressive.

My first GTA was Vice City, which I got in August 2003. It was a realization of my wildest dreams - stealing cars and driving around, exploring city at your will - now that was priceless. I used to play it 6 hours in a row. It was an addiction, illness. I still don't regret it, though.

We should go back to topic now. :D

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:28 PM

Can't have loud sex in these houses. Everybody will hear.

ABosno
  • ABosno

AB0333, previously

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:02 PM

Damn straight.  :lol:

Spadge007
  • Spadge007

Low-rider

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:56 AM Edited by Spadge007, 23 March 2014 - 12:56 AM.

Can't have loud sex in these houses. Everybody will hear.

What if I want them to hear it ? >:D   :karmaeater:

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

Because San Francisco is for nice people and old people

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:06 PM

Anybody who has ever been to the real-life counterpart understands the awesome potential of a GTA set there.

The hills. The culture. Crazy freeway interchanges.. Ports. Bridges. Coastline. Oakland. Navy base. Hippies.

Oh.. and the hills.

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:21 PM Edited by Rainbow Party, 23 March 2014 - 02:33 PM.

I think it's under rated because to us who don't know an awful much about San Francisco, it looks like a very "serious" city.

And Pooyan Cyrus is just a SF fanboy :3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users