Photo

Strange change in the graphics

7 replies to this topic
Spadge007
  • Spadge007

Low-rider

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:48 PM Edited by Spadge007, 31 December 2013 - 12:49 PM.

Hey folks, I played GTA for a relative long time, but this "graphic/color bug" I just found is new to me.

Look at the different color nuances from the pics :

1388493466-comet-normal.png

These are the original game colors

1388493437-comet-green.png

These are the weird game colors which appeared later. (notice, the pic is darker, elements such as fog and smoke have a light green tone, also light effects from car lights or police lightbars are slighlty different)

This "bug" appeared since I changed the video resolution of the game. Each time you change the resolution, this color nuances change between those two. It isn't a real problem, since I can kinda choose wich color nuance I want by changing the resolution. Once you have the resolution you want, and you don't touch the game resolution settings, this color nuances won't change.

Still, I decided to post this because it's a bit weird and opens a few questions.

I'm wondering, do you guys also have this bug ? (something like the mouse freezing issue)

What can be the cause of this bug ?

What changed between those two pics ? (Gamma corection, brightness etc.)

Which contrast do you prefer ?

Not that I only changed the resolution, I didn't touch my screen settings neither the brightness, render distance or other in the options menu of the game. This bug appeared from thin air, that's why it questions me.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:09 PM

Did you also change the colour pallete it should be 32, sometimes it goes to basic 16?

Is the Game modded, some mods affect things not intended?

Spadge007
  • Spadge007

Low-rider

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:40 PM Edited by Spadge007, 31 December 2013 - 11:42 PM.

Never touched the color palette, the game isn't modded neither.

I just used a cheat-code and saved once or twice (because I finished the game anyway). I used aezakmi for the vigilante missions. (since I find it ridiculous of being chased as a law-enforcer)

PS : Does such a cheat activiation affect all the saves or new saves created after the save on which I used cheats or only the one I'm cheating in ? (With affecting I mean creating issues like bugs) If I delete my current save (where I cheated) and create a new one, will this one still be affected by the cheats ?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:42 AM

You don't have to touch the pallet sometimes it just changes, since you adjusted the resolution, check it.

A cheat should only affect the save that used it, Some cheat effects continue in all future saves (riot type).

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:26 AM

The weird game colours are generally a result of setting the resolution with 16 bit colour. To explain more clearly, if your resolution is 800x600x16, the 16 represent the colour bits. It should always be 32. Scroll through the resolution options and use only the ones with 32 bit colour.

Spadge007
  • Spadge007

Low-rider

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:32 PM

So if I understand correclty it's not the cause of my graphic card, and can appear on every computer ?

PS : Already thanks for your help guys fro myour previous posts :)

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:45 PM

It still might be. How does your machine compare:

San Andreas Video Graphics PC Specs:

Recommended: 128(+) MB Video Card with DirectX 9 compatible drivers ("GeForce4" or better)

It can get by with the Minimum:

64MB Video Card with DirectX 9 compatible drivers ("GeForce3" or better)

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

So if I understand correclty it's not the cause of my graphic card, and can appear on every computer ?

PS : Already thanks for your help guys fro myour previous posts :)

If you have selected 32-bit colour and are still experiencing the problem, then it could be something to do with your video drivers, provided you're not observing the same problem on all games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users