Photo

So What's the Deal with Death?

117 replies to this topic
Myron
  • Myron

I shot Reagan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:52 PM Edited by Nale Dixon, 16 December 2013 - 12:03 AM.

DEATH. MORTE. し.ぬ

THE VOOOOOOOOOID!

Many names are given for the act of not existing anymore, and for centuries philosophers, poets and religious leaders have discussed it. What is death? What is beyond death? If there is nothing beyond death and death is inevitable, what is the point in life? If there is something beyond this life, then what is the point of doing anything in this life? If there is something beyond this life, what is the purpose of this life? A test? Deity amusement? All very important, thought provoking and discourse creating questions. What do you think? Does the notion of death and possible eternal nothingness scare you? Or are you okay with this? Or do you reject this idea and believe in a form of existence beyond this mortal coil? Maybe you believe in reincarnation. Maybe you believe on a philosophical level that you never truly 'die' as we all live on in our genetics and our mark on future generations through actions or through art. So many intellectually stimulating possibilities to consider.

• Wolfhuman, Andreas, theadmiral and 1 other like this

Nipperkins
  • Nipperkins

Barley Legal

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • San-Marino

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:01 PM

When you make a topic, do you think, "how can I make this one more sh*tty than the last one?"

• Rougarou, 018361, universetwisters and 9 others like this

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:03 PM Edited by Raavi, 15 December 2013 - 11:06 PM.

You really do have 2 persona's

Right side up: Level-headed

Upside down: Village Idiot

I guess it kinda makes sense.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Myron
  • Myron

I shot Reagan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:06 PM Edited by Nale Dixon, 15 December 2013 - 11:10 PM.

When you make a topic, do you think, "how can I make this one more sh*tty than the last one?"

I'm sorry that the prospect of the certainty of mortality isn't as poignant and interesting to you as "how do hutts f*ck?" and "Happy Piccolo day"

I guess, it kinda makes sense.

Well I mean I'm dealing with a guy who just typed "persona's"

• Moonshield, gnad.1992 and F4L? like this

Nipperkins
  • Nipperkins

Barley Legal

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • San-Marino

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:11 PM Edited by Nipperkins, 15 December 2013 - 11:12 PM.

Well i'm sorry that the prospect of the certainty of mortality isn't as poignant and interesting to you as "how do hutts f*ck?" and "Happy Piccolo day"

At least I set up a topic for an interesting discussion. You created one on death and the only exposition you give is a totally unenlightening, six word long sentence. I've seen essays written by sixth graders that create more interesting discussion.

Myron
  • Myron

I shot Reagan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:13 PM

Well i'm sorry that the prospect of the certainty of mortality isn't as poignant and interesting to you as "how do hutts f*ck?" and "Happy Piccolo day"

At least I set up a topic for an interesting discussion. You created one on this and the only exposition you give is a totally unenlightening, six word long sentence. I've seen essays written by sixth graders that create more interesting discussion.

If you're looking for enlightenment on a gta forum then your life is f*cked up. If you think I'd take the time to write something enlightening on a gta forum then you must think my life is f*cked up.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:18 PM

Yeah Im gonna have to concur with Nipperkins...

• ExtremoMania likes this

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:20 PM

Another quality post from Nale Dixon.

Nipperkins
  • Nipperkins

Barley Legal

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • San-Marino

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:21 PM

At least I set up a topic for an interesting discussion. You created one on this and the only exposition you give is a totally unenlightening, six word long sentence. I've seen essays written by sixth graders that create more interesting discussion.

If you're looking for enlightenment on a gta forum then your life is f*cked up. If you think I'd take the time to write something enlightening on a gta forum then you must think my life is f*cked up.

I'm not looking for enlightenment you dolt, I want to partake in interesting discourse. Your first post was dumb, uninteresting, and didn't guide the topic in any sort of direction. It's the equivalent of banging your head on a keyboard and hoping you type a Nobel Prize-winning novel. It wasn't funny, intelligent, or interesting, just f*cking stupid.

Myron
  • Myron

I shot Reagan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:22 PM

I'm not looking for enlightenment you dolt, I want to partake in interesting discourse. Your first post was dumb, uninteresting, and didn't guide the topic in any sort of direction. It's the equivalent of banging your head on a keyboard and hoping you type a Nobel Prize-winning novel. It wasn't funny, intelligent, or interesting, just f*cking stupid.

Discourse, son you're posting on a grand theft auto forum looking for discourse. Think about that.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:25 PM

I really would prefer not to die.

Nipperkins
  • Nipperkins

Barley Legal

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • San-Marino

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:26 PM Edited by Nipperkins, 15 December 2013 - 11:28 PM.

Jesus f*cking Christ you're dumb. Do you even know what discourse means? How the f*ck do you function?

• GrandMaster Smith likes this

The Viperman
  • The Viperman

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:26 PM

This thread should be hijacked.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:27 PM

your dumb.

Irony alert! Seriously though, this is a fine thread, the OP itself was just a little light for getting a discussion started.

• Myron likes this

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:28 PM Edited by Raavi, 15 December 2013 - 11:29 PM.

Discourse, son you're posting on a grand theft auto forum looking for discourse. Think about that.

Listen up, you don't get to post hogwash like that when you have proven yourself to be more than capable when it comes to participating in an adult debate in the past. 

Myron
  • Myron

I shot Reagan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:30 PM

Jesus f*cking Christ your dumb. Do you even know what discourse means? How the f*ck do you function?

Sorry, you're calling me dumb? When you just typed in "your dumb" My dumb? Get a God damn English lesson before you start whining at another person's lack of intelligence.

universetwisters liked this

Damn, and I thought we were friends.

Listen up, you don't get to post hogwash like that when you have proven yourself to be more than capable when it comes to participating in an adult debate in the past. 

sh*t, I've been rumbled. Abandon ship.

Nipperkins
  • Nipperkins

Barley Legal

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • San-Marino

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:31 PM

your dumb.

Irony alert! Seriously though, this is a fine thread, the OP itself was just a little light for getting a discussion started.

You're just as guilty as him as well. Let's look at your fine contribution.

Wow, that was f*cking funny. Why aren't you doing stand up right now?

ShootPeopleNotDope
  • ShootPeopleNotDope

kill the cop inside your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:31 PM Edited by ShootPeopleNotDope, 15 December 2013 - 11:31 PM.

It's like, you do all this stuff, and then BAM, dead. What's up with that?

• Myron likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:31 PM

your dumb.

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? I was just trying to post an on topic response to this thread rather than total nonsense and a profanity laced tirade. Calm down.

Myron
  • Myron

I shot Reagan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:33 PM Edited by Nale Dixon, 15 December 2013 - 11:33 PM.

your dumb.

How is her post not a serious post? I agree with it. Some people, for religious reasons or otherwise, are perfectly fine with the notion that they're going to die some day. I'm not, it's rather terrifying to me.

• SCAR., theadmiral and ShootPeopleNotDope like this

Nipperkins
  • Nipperkins

Barley Legal

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • San-Marino

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:44 PM

your dumb.

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? I was just trying to post an on topic response to this thread rather than total nonsense and a profanity laced tirade. Calm down.

I can assure you dear that I'm quite calm. It's just that Dixon's recent topics have been dumb as f*ck. It gets annoying when you have to read the same sh*t over and over again.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:45 PM

I can assure you dear that I'm quite calm. It's just that Dixon's recent topics have been dumb as f*ck. It gets annoying when you have to read the same sh*t over and over again.

Fair enough, but did you notice that all you are doing is turning this into a war of insults and profanity? That you are creating the very type of topic you claim to dislike by not posting anything on topic here? All you had to do was either comment on death, or move along. It doesn't need to be a big fight.

• Joe Chip, Lexty. and ShootPeopleNotDope like this

ShootPeopleNotDope
  • ShootPeopleNotDope

kill the cop inside your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:47 PM

I don't see why people are getting all bent out of shape here, it's just a light-hearted approach to a pretty sh*tty subject if you ask me. I mean, I thought it was funny.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:48 PM

This thread should be hijacked.

Vaginaboob.

Myron
  • Myron

I shot Reagan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:49 PM

your dumb.

I've made like 3 topics in this section, one of which was a George Zimmerman thread which endured a long and tedious life with 5 or so pages, the other being an obvious joke at the expense of a variety of 'who are you, where do you live' topics.

I don't see why people are getting all bent out of shape here, it's just a light-hearted approach to a pretty sh*tty subject if you ask me. I mean, I thought it was funny.

Some people just can't handle not living in a constant bubble of intellectual superiority. It's a shame.

PaletoChickenCapo
  • PaletoChickenCapo

Gangsta

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:49 PM

B======|-)  - - - - -- -- - -  - ----------- -- - - --       (o(-|-- :blink:

• Joe Chip likes this

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:52 PM

What other answer other than "yes" or "no" is there to this question though? Lol

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:52 PM

It sucks, am I right guys?

Not at all. When you wear out the current life it allows you to trade in for another. The bad side is you don't know what you'll be, then the good side is you most likely won't remember what you had, anyway.

• Rudy likes this

elanman
  • elanman

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:59 PM Edited by elanman, 15 December 2013 - 11:59 PM.

Death is a paradox. We're wired by mother nature to do whatever it takes to avoid it, to prolong our lives and the lives of our progeny above all else. However, there is a beauty in death, for it is inescapable. Rich or poor, benevolent or malign, we all have an appointment with the reaper in the end. There's an elegance to that, the tragedy is only in the manner of one's death.

What do I think about death? Live your life honestly, and with as few regrets as possible, and you need not walk into the shadow with fear in your heart.

lt_yao
  • lt_yao

Satie

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:00 AM

Death is not natural as scientists say. However, I do feel a bit relieved knowing that I won't have to live forever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users