• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic
Camsterguy
  • Camsterguy

Emmett Brown

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:04 PM

No mods needed. The game is awesome the way it is. No need to ruin it with silly mods

Yeah, well, those "silly mods "ruined" GTA IV for about 5 years now. And look how lively and popular the game is thanks to those "silly mods" that "ruin the game". 

it's personal preference. I prefer a vanilla game with only the Simple native trainer. Nothing more. Nothing less. That's how I played IV, that's how I'll play V (hopefully). 

Simple Native Trainer was like 400 mods in one. SNT and LCPDFR kept me occupied for the 4-ish years of GTA IV's PC life.

Cab company competition.

Was that in Vice City? Last timed I played that was quite the time ago

GTAVSPSUCKS
  • GTAVSPSUCKS

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:10 PM

Bring back vigilante missions with option to taze subjects.

Also, black LSPD uniform.(in game files)

Bring back paramedics missions with option to CPR unconscious NPCs.

Also, paramedics uniform. (in game files)

Bring back firefighter missions with option to use extinguishers on difficult passages (ladders) and water turret on houses. (don't even reqire interiors, just spawning some fire on the facade of the building)

Bring back trucker missions (with option to steal/pickup orphaned trailers all around the LS.)

Add lifeguard missions (drive out or fly out in ocean in storm to save NPCs from a boat in emergency), swim to drowning NPCs, shoot sharks threating them.

Add bus driver missions (eh, just a little checkpoint race with entering passengers)

Add some assasination missions (pop random NPCs in various places with random methods, forum style! :))

Great ideas!

Also add:

- Gang Wars (own gang with drive-bys)

- Play as a SWAT (ability to use police dogs)

- Play as a FIB (take out gangs and other criminals)

- Play as a soldier (army vs terrorists/gangs)

- Play as a pimp (take out other rival pimps)

- Ability to deal drugs (drug deals gone bad)

etc..

• FANTOMTRON and Alvarez like this

GTAVSPSUCKS
  • GTAVSPSUCKS

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:16 PM

No mods needed. The game is awesome the way it is. No need to ruin it with silly mods

Yeah, well, those "silly mods "ruined" GTA IV for about 5 years now. And look how lively and popular the game is thanks to those "silly mods" that "ruin the game". 

it's personal preference. I prefer a vanilla game with only the Simple native trainer. Nothing more. Nothing less. That's how I played IV, that's how I'll play V (hopefully). 

Simple Native Trainer was like 400 mods in one. SNT and LCPDFR kept me occupied for the 4-ish years of GTA IV's PC life.

Cab company competition.

Was that in Vice City? Last timed I played that was quite the time ago

Yes, it was in VC.

Would be great to see it back.

Nerd3.0
  • Nerd3.0

The one who satisfies Catalina

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:32 PM

Jet-pack!!!!!

Absolutely!

• FANTOMTRON likes this

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:32 PM

I think the cabbie car was called Borgnine, a nod to Ol' Ernest, may he rest in peace.

It was great for ramming barricades and always my choice for cab missions in SA because of its durability.

Nerd3.0
  • Nerd3.0

The one who satisfies Catalina

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:37 PM

Well you asked about modding ideas, so here is one :)

As you all might know, modders are realising GTA V with GTA IV.
This let me think that out there are a lot of talented modders and that they might be able for more!

It should be possible to recreat the entire San Andreas + Vice City + Liberty City + Carcer City, but of course in better sizes, in GTA 5. This with the GTA 5 graphics would be simply awsome.

Sure it would demand a time, but isn't it a dream of most of us?

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:20 PM

Speaking of that, Nerd3.0, i think Vice City can be done completely with use of LS assets: palms, beaches, buildings, shaders... The theme just fits.

walffles123
  • walffles123

Master of Breakfast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:29 AM

Firstly, I'm not a modder, and I have no idea how difficult this could be. Anyways, since the release of Online, I've been thinking how cool it would be to have something like Arma II CityLife in GTA V. It would be like having LCPD:FR, but with real people as criminals. Plus you could have the different jobs like fireman or paramedic, or have drug wars. It would be like an all in one package. But, I'm pretty sure there would be hundreds of ways how this wouldn't work. 

• FANTOMTRON likes this

THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:20 PM

I want a mod that gives whoever I'm playing as Trevor's rage when using melee, Michael's bullet time with weapons, and Frank's ability with vehicles.
  • FANTOMTRON likes this

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:24 PM

I'd kill for a mod that lets you choose the shoes you actually want instead of forcing a specific pair for most pants available in the game.

xRAINBOXEDx
  • xRAINBOXEDx

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:28 AM Edited by Barefoot Tiger, 17 August 2014 - 12:38 PM.

I don't understand why nobody ever mentions a mod made by HippieCommunist, this mod is literally the best mod i've ever used and it gave GTA IV years of replay value for me. This mod took COMPLETE advantage of one of the main factors of the entire game that got improved in GTA IV, known as the Euphoria/Endorphin Physics Engine. Remember bailing from vehicles in GTA IV and bouncing around with life? At the time that kind of thing had never been seen before in a video game, but the only thing you could do to play with the Euphoria/ragdoll body physics was bail from moving vehicles or get drunk with roman... until HippieCommunist came around and made the "Ragdoll / Euphoria Mod". This mod allowed you to enable drunk mode and a few others by pressing a button and that sh*t just gives you a whole nother level of appreciation for Euphoria and also its funny as sh*t to throw niko around. I REALLY want there to be a similar mod for GTA V because I just love the Euphoria/Endorphin/Ragdoll physics, especially when you can control when and where you fall down, rather than just jumping and pressing circle and face planting.(I still appreciate that Rockstar saw Hippie's mod and added this small bail feature.)

Please do not post in old threads. It bumps the topic to the top of the board and as older topics contain outdated information/discussion this causes confusion when people read the topic from the beginning.

If you have a subject that you feel ought to be discussed feel free to start a new topic
but first, please make use of the search function to ensure that there is not a recent topic (that covers the subject), that you can post in.

Thanks

VCR
  • VCR

plus+

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:43 AM

I don't understand why nobody ever mentions a mod made by HippieCommunist

joined an hour ago

xRAINBOXEDx
  • xRAINBOXEDx

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:49 AM

joined an hour ago

Been using this site on and off for years, never needed to make an account until I saw this topic... #joined 3 weeks ago

• VCR likes this

WalterS_LV
  • WalterS_LV

One ticket to LS please

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:55 AM

A very simple one - every car can be purchased in Singleplayer.

• FANTOMTRON likes this

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• BUSTED!
  • Somalia

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:01 AM

blah.gif

Simple Native Trainer
  • FANTOMTRON likes this

VCR
  • VCR

plus+

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:15 AM

joined an hour ago
Been using this site on and off for years, never needed to make an account until I saw this topic... #joined 3 weeks ago
I'm just being a dick :p I'm new too, welcome

xRAINBOXEDx
  • xRAINBOXEDx

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:21 AM

blah.gif

Simple Native Trainer

You must have been a bully as a little girl

joined an hour ago
I'm just being a dick :p I'm new too, welcome

No worries mate, enjoy your stay

• VCR likes this

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:33 AM

I want a mod that gives whoever I'm playing as Trevor's rage when using melee, Michael's bullet time with weapons, and Frank's ability with vehicles.

I was thinking the same thing. In simple terms. All three special abilities for any character :)

Andreas
  • Andreas

• V Staff
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:29 AM

We have a dedicated PC section where you can discuss these things. Take a look at the pinned PC version modding discussion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users