Why do you think Rockstar hasn't put a good fighting system into a

44 replies to this topic
Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:23 AM

V's combat system isn't any better than IV's. It's the same "mash-the-same-button-until-the-bad-guys-die" thingy that's been since GTA III, only that we cannot push people this time.

Sleeping Dogs fighting is nice, but it would be weird seeing Michael going all karate-sh*t on random peds.

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:42 AM

another thing I hate is when I have a knife out but instead of stabbing someone, he just kicks them repeatedly....wtf is the point of me pulling a knife out if all you're gonna do is kick? wtf R*...wtf...

• zielarz119 likes this

MonsterCockDude
  • MonsterCockDude

Over 8 inches BPEL of meat.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:23 PM

I'd rather them focus on a perfect shooting system than hand-to-hand combat.

It's funny that you say this. The OP is talking about how the fighting is always lacking in GTA, but they've done it well in previous games.

Now you're saying you'd rather have a perfect shooting system. I find that funny, because they've done it before (Max Payne 3) but in V it's still not as good. This is one of the points the OP is trying to make.

A lot of you are saying "Who cares about melee? We have guns."

I bet if the fighting system in V was well put together, fun, and had some missions or activities centered around it you wouldn't bat an eye. It's just because it's pretty lackluster that no one cares about it.

The last thing you said is legit.

If they put in a better fighting system, and a better stealth system and set up good missions and activities to go along with them, the game would be more realistic, more detailed and have more things to do and more varied mission types.

Instead they just gave us big bland shootouts ( where you have criminals at times going up against attack helicopters ) and other more over the top missions.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

Well I don't have a problem with the shootouts, those can be alright.

But watch any action movie, there's at least one or two brawls. Most likely this is because the protagonists in films don't have magical pockets to store multiple tiers of weapons.

Take a look at Uncharted 3 for example. It isn't that advanced, but fighting has different attack animations, can counter and block, and the biggest pro is that you interact with the the environment - or well, the game does on its own. Near a table? The enemy might just get his head slammed into it? Some empty bottles nearby? Someone's getting knocked over the head. Bag of sand or something? The protagonist picks it up and throws it at the enemy.

Rockstar likes to take some inspiration from movies, but it seems they're only interested in the parts with guns. The action needs some variance, and a well developed fighting system with some interesting missions and activities could help.

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:07 PM Edited by Cyper, 03 January 2014 - 06:08 PM.

Fighting in GTA V is really boring compared to GTA IV. People die from a few, and sometimes just one, punch in the face. No blocking, no different series of punches and kicks.

What I don't want is True Crime-style of fighting. I want it more focused on realism similar to how it worked in GTA IV.

the_kid311
  • the_kid311

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

I think it's not possible for me to ignore your genuine points. I'd love to have most of it implemented. Yes, I agree and support.

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:03 PM

GTA needs Batman; Arkham CIty style Fighting Mechanics. Even though that'd be overkill, it'd be pretty f*cking awesome. But yeah, Sleeping Dogs's mechanics felt sloppy so no. 

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:08 PM

Fighting in GTA V is really boring compared to GTA IV. People die from a few, and sometimes just one, punch in the face. No blocking, no different series of punches and kicks.

What I don't want is True Crime-style of fighting. I want it more focused on realism similar to how it worked in GTA IV.

have you played sleeping dogs? it is the successor/revamp of the True Crime series, Once Square Enix took over, they improved everything, especially the fighting

cutter666
  • cutter666

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:11 PM

This is something I totally agree with and it has always been a weak point,if not the weakest point in the series.
The thing I can't understand is why?
They did a great job in the warriors and bully and that was last gen.
I suppose the best so far was S.A although even that was just a one button mash but atleast they threw in a grapple and a block..

carmelo3
  • carmelo3

Prankster

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:26 PM Edited by carmelo3, 03 January 2014 - 11:27 PM.

People really complaining about the fighting system??? It's fine ffs

I swear certain guys will only be happy if the hand to hand combat is like Tekken or some sh*t smh

Running up to someone and knocking them the f*ck out with a running punch is probably the most satisfying thing to do in the whole game.

cutter666
  • cutter666

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:36 PM

Not really complaing, just pisses me off because I know R* is capable, they just don't.
Melee is a big part of combat, its in every gta.why dose R* make it so sh*tty in gta when they have shown they can do it so well in other games?

carmelo3
  • carmelo3

Prankster

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:55 PM

Not really complaing, just pisses me off because I know R* is capable, they just don't.
Melee is a big part of combat, its in every gta.why dose R* make it so sh*tty in gta when they have shown they can do it so well in other games?

Tbh with you, hand to hand combat is never gonna be as important as driving and shooting, R* even said this themselves in the GI reveal issue.

But like I said it's fine anyway, it's where it needs to be. People are asking for extra buttons to block or grapple lol wtf, this isnt Street Fighter it's GTA.

cutter666
  • cutter666

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:31 AM Edited by cutter666, 04 January 2014 - 02:32 AM.

Tbh with you, hand to hand combat is never gonna be as important as driving and shooting, R* even said this themselves in the GI reveal issue.

But like I said it's fine anyway, it's where it needs to be. People are asking for extra buttons to block or grapple lol wtf, this isnt Street Fighter it's GTA.
I understand driving and shooting is the main part of gta but you can't deny melee has its place.melee/hand to hand combat has been in every gta.it may not be as important as say yoga or golf but I think its up there.
My point is R* knows how to do this, we've seen it.
Its one thing to like and defend a game/developer.its another thing to blindly follow and say there are no flaws when there clearly are.
Again, I'm not saying gta 5 isn't great (one of my favorite games on this gen) I'm just saying things (mainly melee) could of been better..and should have!

carmelo3
  • carmelo3

Prankster

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:18 PM

I understand driving and shooting is the main part of gta but you can't deny melee has its place.melee/hand to hand combat has been in every gta.it may not be as important as say yoga or golf but I think its up there.
My point is R* knows how to do this, we've seen it.
Its one thing to like and defend a game/developer.its another thing to blindly follow and say there are no flaws when there clearly are.
Again, I'm not saying gta 5 isn't great (one of my favorite games on this gen) I'm just saying things (mainly melee) could of been better..and should have!

Not too sure why you're assuming this, If you look through my posts you'll know I've pretty much slated the many flawed aspects of GTA V and voiced my opinions on how R* in various ways pretty much dropped the ball with the game. I'm just saying the fighting is fine, you can punch, kick, stamp people out, knock people the f*ck out with one punch, what more do you need.

RandomNoun
  • RandomNoun

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:40 PM

They should've just updated Bully's fighting system. It would be brutal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users