21 replies to this topic
GtaFiveLs
  • GtaFiveLs

/////6.3

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:12 AM

Just read the title:).

I loved the Burger Shot and the other restaurants in Gta SA and Gta 4 why does Gta 5 dont have them? Its not like i was going there to eat something but its more realistic imo. And why isnt there a GYM to fitness and learn other fighting technics like in Gta SA, this game has a big map but misses so much stuff.

calearne
  • calearne

#TeamWakeEmUp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:21 AM

Probably not enough memory on PS3/360.

I'm sure if it got released on the PS4/XB1 instead, it would have had a ton of interiors, activities and a larger map with more trees.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:49 PM

Nope
Three reasons
1- rockstar were too lazy
2-the new game mechanics too up too much time and space
3-people complained about them in iv, how they were pointless Etc like dating so they didnt bother redoing them
  • theGTAking101 and jeanrjm like this

Osho
  • Osho

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:07 PM

Wait till the game arrives on PC. If it still ends up the same way we can say the above reasons posted by members are appropriate.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Ice cold slavic killer

• Serbia

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:22 PM

The state of San Andreas apparently doesn't hire restaurant workers.
  • universetwisters, Gilligan and theGTAking101 like this

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

Microsoft's choice to use DVDs for the 360 f*cked the entire generation over, games had to fit on DVD instead of the far superior Blu-Ray format
  • theGTAking101, daliakiller and jeanrjm like this

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:31 PM

Microsoft's choice to use DVDs for the 360 f*cked the entire generation over, games had to fit on DVD instead of the far superior Blu-Ray format

i have an 360, but couldnt agree with you more. this stupid ass choice had even made games look inferior in PS3 as well..

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:31 PM

Really not true
The ps3 has the capacity to store more on disc and the Xbox has games on multiple discs
This day and age, most gamers have and new consoles come with enough storage to install entire game libraries
That means the ps3 can install one disc
360 to keep up would have three discs, much like la noire

That's an old excuse that tbh (and I'm not pointing fingers) only fanboys use.

You do have a point but not to the extent where games are stripped like that
Even of games used to come on 3/4 discs (max Payne 2?)

I suspect that if there's a next gen version then we might see more
Just compare the original trailer (shot on ps3 apparently) to the final game - more specifically the '2405' house
Something's going in, but I don't think it's disc capacity as 360 has multiple discs...

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:56 PM

Really not true

Oh, it's true...

The ps3 has the capacity to store more on disc and the Xbox has games on multiple discs
This day and age, most gamers have and new consoles come with enough storage to install entire game libraries
That means the ps3 can install one disc
360 to keep up would have three discs, much like la noire

People want their games on ONE DISC, nobody wants to change discs out, and nobody wants to bring a pile of discs to a friend's house to play a single game...plus, multi-disc cases are always flawed and are always in danger of becoming damaged...and then, if you wanted to load the games to the HD, it just takes up tons of space

That's an old excuse that tbh (and I'm not pointing fingers) only fanboys use.

No, it's fact...Microsoft had to rush the system to the market so fast that it had a HUGE fail rate, and no thought about disc space...they could have AT LEAST shipped with an HD DVD drive because even if it failed as a video format, it still could have been used as a video game format

Ekabil
  • Ekabil

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:11 PM

I think his point is that once the game is installed it doesn't matter how many discs it took to get there. So he is right , xbox using DVD had no actual effect on the games, other than a bit more hassle in getting to play them

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:45 PM Edited by Mokrie Dela, 31 December 2013 - 07:50 PM.

Bottom line is the reason GTAV lacks restaurants is NOT because the Xbox had the RROD or the ps3 had the ylod (yeah youconvienisntly forgot about that didnt you?)
Nor is it a disk thing. Gta already comes with two discs for the 360, one for the ps3. You install one disc, play the other (or install both if you wish). Yes is a restriction that MS should have avoided but that had nothing to do with 'rushing' - it was saving cost and trying to beat the ps3s price. Adding the blue ray would have lessened the 'bargain' many thought they were getting

Still hitler was a bad man, but you can't change the past. Deal with it and move on, or be an elisit asshole.

Gtav lacks restaurants most likely because 'fans' said they were pointless, like IV's dating system, and because rockstar is trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator,they axed it, in favour of a mission where you shoot psychedelic aliens.
Ill add that as reason 4. A bit of each probably. Either way its not solely down to the tech or failure rates (an issue that was largely ironed out*)
There is so much this game could have it, and really I think if rockstar wanted it in there, it'd be in there, be it with one disc or three

*before you digress and bring up not fanboy arguments (I am not going to even respond if you do so), bear in mind that BOTH consoles still have some reports of failures

Even the ps4 has and I'm sure the XBone too.

Edit: ekabil gets it. Ps3/360 (aside from the disc drives) have mostly the same power underneath, as near as makes no difference. Both could handle it, and both could use multiple discs (imagine a game so huge and epic it used two blue rays!!!)

Also to b objective ill just add the 360 is a piece if sh*t
A mate has opened the XBone up and tells me they've STILL used the same x clamp (the date on which corresponds to 2009!)
I plan to buy a ps4
  • pwnisher130 likes this

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:24 PM

I think his point is that once the game is installed it doesn't matter how many discs it took to get there. So he is right , xbox using DVD had no actual effect on the games, other than a bit more hassle in getting to play them

Yes it did, developers admittedly used lower-res artwork because that's what would fit on a single DVD...

...and who's going to install several discs onto the HD so that it's half or mostly filled?

Bottom line is the reason GTAV lacks restaurants is NOT because the Xbox had the RROD or the ps3 had the ylod (yeah youconvienisntly forgot about that didnt you?)

No, it's that the first waves, like the first years' supply, of the 360s had a 40% fail rate...it is officially the worst piece of electronics ever made

I know people who had to get their refurbished 360s replaced with refurbished 360s...and sometimes replaced with a refurbished 360

jonnyohman
  • jonnyohman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:42 AM

I don't really care that they took it out, it was cool for the realism part of it, and the stereotypical fast food workers who acted like they hated everything.

I will much miss holding out in a Cluckin' Bell with 6 stars.

Ekabil
  • Ekabil

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:20 AM

"Yes it did, developers admittedly used lower-res artwork because that's what would fit on a single DVD..."

Can you supply a quote that supports this?

I just have a hard time believing this to be true. DVDs aren't that expensive. Even if it were true, it would make more sense then if devs made higher res textures for ps3 games which would then be downscaled for Xbox version. In that case ps3 versions of dual platform games would all have higher res textures, which I don't think is the case. Most of the time.

I'm just saying that in a multimillion dollar game, the cost of an extra DVD or three isn't going to alone force the developers to make a lower quality game. They've more to gain from making a sweet looking game. It's more to do with the hardware limitations of the system, not the storage media.

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

You're all a bunch of ungrateful children

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:52 AM

They have been replaced with the 24-7s (7-11 parody), but they are not marked on the map, but there are still plenty of them around. I am actually happy that there are no restaurants because: no restaurants = no dating.

GtaFiveLs
  • GtaFiveLs

/////6.3

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

They have been replaced with the 24-7s (7-11 parody), but they are not marked on the map, but there are still plenty of them around.

Yep I know that and its cool that you can rob them.

I am actually happy that there are no restaurants because: no restaurants = no dating.

I think dating was pretty fun in Gta 4, if you picked up a chick you could chill with her for hours, if you picked her up in a nice suit and a cool car she always complimented you on that. If there was dating you had more stuff to do in this game imo, not every body likes dating so you dont have to do it.

jackcraig549
  • jackcraig549

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:08 PM Edited by jackcraig549, 01 January 2014 - 02:09 PM.

I think on this game it would have been better if they added a few fast food restaurants because your health only regenrates to half, so you could go to a burger shot and regenerate the rest of your health.

Also, since the map is quite big, there could have been petrol stations on the side of the motor ways that have a burger shot restaurant within the petrol station instead of a shop.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:02 PM

I think on this game it would have been better if they added a few fast food restaurants because your health only regenrates to half, so you could go to a burger shot and regenerate the rest of your health.

Also, since the map is quite big, there could have been petrol stations on the side of the motor ways that have a burger shot restaurant within the petrol station instead of a shop.

Yeah, this. Also with the map size: why did they not include train stations and passenger trains!? Silly oversight.

@Ekabil, don't even bother mate. He's just a fanboy troll. Loves his PS3, so it can do no wrong, and has to attack anything that's not his. The artwork thing is the perfect example. Low res artwork? I downloaded a HD artwork, what's he talking about? Bullsh*t. Don't bother wasting your time replying. He can't give you a decent conversation.

I'd like to hear Rockstar's "excuse" for omitting these tbh. Whatever it is, it won't be the DVD/Blue Ray thing. They could fit plenty of useless bullsh*t in there in its place so yeah.

Britmatt81
  • Britmatt81

The Looney Toon

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:39 PM

In response to Mokrie dela

You say Rockstar was lazy ?

Ha Ha they have made the probably the biggest video game  of all time and spent years making it and provided us with endless amount of fun with also trying to patch up multiplayer with the issues people had for some standard guy to say Rockstar was lazy !

What have you done in to contribute ?

Have you ever attempted anything like a game ?

I rest my case.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:02 PM

I may have said this before (I have) but I honestly think that there are less (no) interiors beyond the ones we have as a response to all the people shooting up shopping malls and cinemas and the blame being pointed at GTA. 

That said... it can still be done on the street, so who knows?

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

In response to Mokrie dela

You say Rockstar was lazy ?

Ha Ha they have made the probably the biggest video game  of all time and spent years making it and provided us with endless amount of fun with also trying to patch up multiplayer with the issues people had for some standard guy to say Rockstar was lazy !

What have you done in to contribute ?

Have you ever attempted anything like a game ?

I rest my case.

You can be lazy and still create something.
Come to think of it, perhaps lazy is a tad unfair. I read about the conditions in many game developers - long hours etc. Perhaps instead of lazy, i should say "complacent"

Or i might stick with lazy. Some guy, in the team tasked with making the stores, could still do his job, but do it lazily. He could texture the relevant textures, but instead of doing each one, simply copying and pasting his work.
I feel that R* could have included the stores. Perhaps the issue might also be focus: they went for big, and in doing so, missed some details.

EminemGirl69
  • EminemGirl69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:49 PM

They could have made this so much better!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users