Photo

Eye in the Sky problem

8 replies to this topic
JavaheadTN
  • JavaheadTN

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:57 AM

Hello, all.  I don't know if this has been asked and answered.  Went through all the topics and didn't see it.  

Anyway, I am stuck on the mission to get the Z type car for Devin.  Trevor is in the Maverick chopper.  Franklin is pursuing on the ground.  The guy (Mulligan) drives into a parking structure.  And 15 seconds later, I fail the mission.  

Every walkthrough, etc, I've read says the pilot will tell Trevor to switch to the thermal camera so you can find Mulligan hiding.  I don't know if my pilot has had his tongue cut out or fell out of the chopper when I wasn't looking or what, but I never get to switch.  I've done everything with the 360 controller that can be done, short of setting it on fire.  I've looked from every angle, every zoom position, looked at every part of the building, just trying to get a different result.  I've done this part of the mission about 30 times and finally gave up. 

Am I missing something?  Anyone else have this problem?  I don't know what else to try.

Appreciate any help!

RiaJay21
  • RiaJay21

Post-Post-Ironic

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:46 PM

You can activate the thermal camera by pressing right on the d-pad. The screen will switch to a thermal vision view of the parking lot and you can continue. So no need to set that controller on fire!

JavaheadTN
  • JavaheadTN

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:11 PM

You can activate the thermal camera by pressing right on the d-pad. The screen will switch to a thermal vision view of the parking lot and you can continue. So no need to set that controller on fire!

That was why I wanted to set it on fire.  I've tried pressing right till my finger went numb.  Haha.  I have a friend with a PS3 who said that's how he turned it on.  No such luck on my 360.  I don't know what the deal is.  Maybe I'm glitching.  Maybe I'll try my other controller.  

Thanks for the reply!!!

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:08 PM

I'm pretty sure if you fail a portion of a mission several times in a row, the game gives you the option to skip that part.... I've seen this, but never used it.... does that pop up for you?? (it would be at the bottom next to "retry")

RiaJay21
  • RiaJay21

Post-Post-Ironic

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:58 PM

That was why I wanted to set it on fire.  I've tried pressing right till my finger went numb.  Haha.  I have a friend with a PS3 who said that's how he turned it on.  No such luck on my 360.  I don't know what the deal is.  Maybe I'm glitching.  Maybe I'll try my other controller.  

Thanks for the reply!!!

Oh, odd. o_o I kinda thought it would be the same across both consoles, you know? Sorry that wasn't much help to you!

Just a quick question, and it may seem a little stupid of me asking - is it the first parking garage or the second? As in, before Chad speeds past the Lifeinvader offices, or after? The reason I'm saying is because I initially failed the mission multiple times for not being able to find Chad after he slips past a car park, but he actually turns right, he doesn't go inside. Shortly after he passes the Lifeinvader offices, which is near the end of the chase. Just to make sure. 

Trev should have some dialogue about getting violent when he's queasy as the chopper swoops down as well. And like Spuds725 said, you should get the option to skip that part! It's near enough the end of the section that you shouldn't miss much by skipping it. I think.

JavaheadTN
  • JavaheadTN

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:39 PM

I'm pretty sure if you fail a portion of a mission several times in a row, the game gives you the option to skip that part.... I've seen this, but never used it.... does that pop up for you?? (it would be at the bottom next to "retry")

Oh, hey!  I do remember seeing a Skip option!  But I thought there would be negative consequences for it.  Like not completing the mission.  If not, I'm all for that!!!

Awesome idea!! Thanks so much!

JavaheadTN
  • JavaheadTN

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:45 PM

Thanks for the reply!!!

Oh, odd. o_o I kinda thought it would be the same across both consoles, you know? Sorry that wasn't much help to you!

Just a quick question, and it may seem a little stupid of me asking - is it the first parking garage or the second? As in, before Chad speeds past the Lifeinvader offices, or after? The reason I'm saying is because I initially failed the mission multiple times for not being able to find Chad after he slips past a car park, but he actually turns right, he doesn't go inside. Shortly after he passes the Lifeinvader offices, which is near the end of the chase. Just to make sure. 

Trev should have some dialogue about getting violent when he's queasy as the chopper swoops down as well. And like Spuds725 said, you should get the option to skip that part! It's near enough the end of the section that you shouldn't miss much by skipping it. I think.

I am pretty sure it's the second garage.  He cuts down an alleyway at some point, then turns right, then left.  Trevor makes like he's putting out an APB for a joyrider, which Franklin didn't appreciate.  At that point, the guy cuts down what appears to be another alley and disappears into a garage then you see Franklin go in after him.  Then mere seconds later, Trevor says he's lost visual and boom.  Mission fails.   I'm going to go try it and see.  I've never seen him come out of that garage.  But maybe I'm blind.  I've seen a few other forums where someone has had the problem but no one really has an answer. 

You have me wondering now if I'm stuck where I think I'm stuck.  I would say from the time you start following the z type with the chopper, it's about 45 seconds to a minute when he goes in that garage.  Maybe that part of the mission is longer and he's getting away.  I will follow up when I try it!

If that is the spot, I will be skipping!  

Thanks so much both of you!

JavaheadTN
  • JavaheadTN

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:08 AM

Well, I think I've determined it's the wrong garage.  Regardless, I tried about 7 times and still never saw him leave the dang garage.  So I hit skip!

After I got in the car as Franklin, I did a couple of laps around the block and it did not look like the garage Trevor was flying over.

Anyway, it's over now.  Still ticks. me off.  Haha.  Thanks everyone for the replies!

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:25 AM

Cool you got past it... you can always use the mission replay if it's bugging you (about skipping part of it)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users