Photo

Single Player DLC Idea

18 replies to this topic
darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:41 AM

I wan't the single player dlc to follow Franklin through his gang banger life, and his incarceration, and finally it would end with Franklin driving with Lamar to repossess the two cars that start off gta 5.  Good idea?

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:55 AM

Won't happen.
Rockstar said the SP DLC will include all three Protagonists.
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond likes this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Happy 1st Birthday GTA V

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:57 AM

It would be a sequel Expansion to Michael,Franklin and Trevor,no Episodic Expansions like TLaD and TBoGT and no Prequel North Yankton Expansion

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:00 AM

We don't know for sure how the DLC is going to be done until we get more information.

Don't act like you know everything.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:06 AM

We don't know for sure how the DLC is going to be done until we get more information.

R* literally says (This isn't perfect, because I don't know the actual quote): "Continue the adventure with (or of, can't remember) Michael, Franklin, and Trevor"

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:07 AM

Man... you want Franklin to be CJ.. so original.

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:12 AM

R* literally says (This isn't perfect, because I don't know the actual quote): "Continue the adventure with (or of, can't remember) Michael, Franklin, and Trevor"

But there are many ways that quote could be applied. 

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:24 AM

But there are many ways that quote could be applied. 

The actual quote:

"For those ready to jump back into the story of Grand Theft Auto V, we have big plans for substantial additions in 2014 continuing Michael, Franklin and Trevor's action, mayhem and unexpected adventures in Southern San Andreas."

Key word there is continuing. That means after the ending of GTA 5.
  • SmoothGetaway likes this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:30 AM

No, I want Franklin to be Franklin.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:39 AM

Like MasterFocker (and myself in the past) said, the DLC most likely takes place after the story in V.

My own opinion is that prequel material is by and large unoriginal and boring because we know how it ends. There are exceptions but they are rare.

I have no idea why it's become so popular in movies and TV, but it's probably because most people are boring and unoriginal.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:06 AM

Like MasterFocker (and myself in the past) said, the DLC most likely takes place after the story in V.

My own opinion is that prequel material is by and large unoriginal and boring because we know how it ends. There are exceptions but they are rare.

I have no idea why it's become so popular in movies and TV, but it's probably because most people are boring and unoriginal.

We heard trevors, and michaels story, why don't you want to hear franklins?

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:10 AM Edited by SmoothGetaway, 31 December 2013 - 03:12 AM.

One mission does not equal a prequel, not in the way you or I are talking about. We don't need an entire DLC that leads up to L and F repo-ing those cars.

Where would the suspense be? We already know that F ends the story alive. That's why prequels are boring. Too predictable, and no surprises. This is why origin stories are also boring.

I want to see what happens next, not what happened before.

Edit- Franklin is my favorite character btw, so yes I want more of his story. But only what happens after the Big One.

sakurablossom
  • sakurablossom

Professional Badass

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:20 AM

I agree with darkwar854. Everyone's complaining about Frank being boring with no back story and that makes him un relatable. If some kind of twist happens in his past we will be surprised because as it stands now, he has no past. And it's going to continue!!! Can't you guys understand that continue means future not past!? They might do flash back cut scenes or maybe flash back missions but it will still be AFTER the events of V. A CONTINUATION, not a prequel or whatever you'd call that.
@SmoothGetaway Frank might've been a gang-banger before he worked for Simeon and they would focus on that if it was a prequel. The prequel would serve a purpose just to understand Frank better and it might be interesting and make him more interesting.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:26 AM

I agree with darkwar854. Everyone's complaining about Frank being boring with no back story and that makes him un relatable. If some kind of twist happens in his past we will be surprised because as it stands now, he has no past. And it's going to continue!!! Can't you guys understand that continue means future not past!? They might do flash back cut scenes or maybe flash back missions but it will still be AFTER the events of V. A CONTINUATION, not a prequel or whatever you'd call that.
@SmoothGetaway Frank might've been a gang-banger before he worked for Simeon and they would focus on that if it was a prequel. The prequel would serve a purpose just to understand Frank better and it might be interesting and make him more interesting.

Yeah, and then it could go in depth on how he got locked up, and what he did while he was in there.  All leading up to where he is now.

• sakurablossom likes this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

"Come over here and lick my *BANANA BREAD*!"

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:17 AM

Umg. A continuation of a flawed story and flawed characters...

I wish they'd do something completely different along the Lost and Damned / Gay Tony lines... Three new characters would be a good start on amending what a half-ass story V conveyed. 

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:25 AM

No, I want Franklin to be Franklin.

That's kind of odd.

Considering Franklin never wanted to be a gangbanger and just used to repo cars for Simeon.

You can already do that.

Just make a black Online character and repo the cars. And you're in luck, cause the mute you're playing as has just as much personality as Franklin does.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:44 AM

Umg. A continuation of a flawed story and flawed characters...

I wish they'd do something completely different along the Lost and Damned / Gay Tony lines... Three new characters would be a good start on amending what a half-ass story V conveyed. 

We can only hope that it'll be better. Maybe it'll be like the beginning of the game! That was when the story was good!

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:53 AM

OMG it features Michael Trevor and Franklin,,,,

not just Franklin

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Happy 1st Birthday GTA V

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:55 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 31 December 2013 - 04:56 AM.

Or it might not even be Story Expansions but for the first time in the History of GTA,a Direct-sequel with the 3 Protagonists

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users