Quantcast

» «
Photo

Who would move to Washington or Colorado now?!

26 replies to this topic
AussieAustin
  • AussieAustin

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:27 AM

I live in Australia and right now i so wished i lived in America.  The new laws are very inviting to me all the way over the other side of the planet.  We here are a long way away from getting those laws.  Wow, the ability to just walk into a shop and buy is a dream come true.  We need there to be no issues with implementation so it can spread around the world.  If i get a chance to move to that part of the world... I'm going!  I've been to Washington and liked it, so i can go back.

If you don't know what I'm talking about google Washington and Colorado Jan 1st laws.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:55 AM

this doesn't belong in the Debates forum.

as for your OP: I've been living and working in Denver, Colorado since the year after I finished college.

I got to vote for cannabis legalization last November and now I'm enjoying the sh*t out of it.

but that's not why I moved here, that's just an amazing bonus.

Colorado is easily one of the most beautiful and all-around pleasant places I have ever lived; and I've called most of the East Coast and Midwest 'home' at one time or another. I don't see myself leaving anytime soon.

• ryuclan likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:06 AM Edited by theadmiral, 31 December 2013 - 01:09 AM.

I'd move to Colorado but it has nothing to do with marijuana. Beautiful scenery, nice people, great food scene in Denver and Boulder, and it is the perfect place for those who love outdoor activities both in summer and winter.

Couldn't care less about getting high though.

I'd rather live where you live (Australia) than anywhere in the USA.

AussieAustin
  • AussieAustin

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:12 AM

The beautiful scenery and such is why I was so shocked about this.  Though there would be enough do pass the time already.  But i guess those cold nights in front of the fireplace and a bowl would be nice and relaxing.

this doesn't belong in the Debates forum.

I couldn't find a good place where this would belong, and thought it may end up becoming a debate.  So it could be a fitting place after a few more post... should there be any.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Seeking and Destroying since 1997...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:12 AM

I probably would prefer to stay here in Australia over anywhere else.
The only two places I would leave Australia for are Albuquerque NM or Newcastle-under-Lyme in England. I like what I have here in Melbourne thus it would take a lot to make me leave this place, such as a biblical plague, but that may be going too far in this case. ;)

Flynny
  • Flynny

16 5 5™

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:15 AM

The only two places I would leave Australia for are Albuquerque NM or Newcastle-under-Lyme in England.

That's... er specific.

legalised weed makes no difference to me, if that is to what we are referring to here.

My lungs are not good so smoking anything would be a bad move

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Play Toy

• The Connection
  • Finland

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:16 AM

I heard they are planning a manned voyage into Mars in next 20-25 years.

That´s where I´d like to go.

• ryuclan likes this

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:16 AM

my throat doesn't handle smoke well, either.

but you can enjoy cannabis in a variety of ways. there's no need to smoke it, anymore :^:

AussieAustin
  • AussieAustin

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:21 AM

my throat doesn't handle smoke well, either.

but you can enjoy cannabis in a variety of ways. there's no need to smoke it, anymore :^:

Cookies, brownies, cakes, a newly formulated drink.  It can be cooked through almost anything.  And does not need to be abused(ie. not to much people).

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:22 AM Edited by theadmiral, 31 December 2013 - 01:22 AM.

Most people in Colorado, from my experience, buy this outrageously expensive thing called a "Volcano" and use that.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

Nate is Love, Nate is Life

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:30 AM

I love both states, and not because of the legalized weed (I'm only 14, not touching that stuff for a while). It's my dream to move to Seattle. Go for it, both places are very beautiful, the economic situation is better in those states than the rest of America, and the people are very friendly. Plus, there's weed.

• AussieAustin likes this

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Ghetto Star

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:33 AM

I'd move to either place in a heartbeat if the career path I'm aiming for allowed it. Cheaper cost of living than where I am now. Marijuana grower/retailer would be a great opportunity for a fledgling entrepreneur. 

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:44 AM Edited by El_Diablo, 31 December 2013 - 01:45 AM.

Most people in Colorado, from my experience, buy this outrageously expensive thing called a "Volcano" and use that.

volcano is a style of vaporizer.

it looks like this:

ku-medium.jpg

when you vaporize marijuana, you eliminate the act of carbon combustion (smoking) which is where the bad stuff comes from. it's the healthiest way to enjoy cannabis if you still want to 'inhale' it (which provides the fastest, but shortest lasting high). aside from vaporizing, you can cook or bake pot into virtually any kind of food, not just little treats like cookies. when you 'eat' pot like this, the high is much longer lasting but doesn't hit you as fast.

the only negative health effects from pot use stem from the fact that most people just smoke it.

avoid the smoke and THC is basically harmless.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Would You Still Remember Me?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:20 AM

I would move to Colorado but not because of Cannabis. But because its an awesome state and I would love to live there. Weed would just be a little bit of a sweetener.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:49 AM

I wouldn't move just yet. See what other states take on this endeavor and pick one of the warmer states lol. Otherwise I'm fine where I am for now.

Preusse
  • Preusse

Deutscher von der niedersächsischen Nordseeküste

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:04 AM Edited by Preusse, 31 December 2013 - 04:05 AM.

Moving to another country or even to the other end of the world because of legal marijuana? No that's stupid. I guess it's not stupid when marijuana is the most important thing in someones life.

I don't smoke weed and I hope they'll never legalize it in my country.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Forum Drunk

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:21 AM

They need to bring American Guns back on television.  :/ They were based in Colorado. Not only was the show awesome, the weapons, the ladies.. but the scenery.

Ever since that movie theater shooting, they cancelled it. 

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Ghetto Star

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:27 AM Edited by Vlynor, 31 December 2013 - 04:27 AM.

They need to bring American Guns back on television.  :/ They were based in Colorado. Not only was the show awesome, the weapons, the ladies.. but the scenery.

Ever since that movie theater shooting, they cancelled it. 

This is off-topic, but have you ever seen Sons of Guns?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Forum Drunk

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:29 AM

That's my favorite man.. and yeah, sorry for the off-topic, everytime I see Colorado, I immediately think of the show.

Sons of Guns is normally my go to but they are getting a bit boring than what they've used to be but I will still watch it. I haven't been up to speed on the show in awhile. I've been too busy with other shows. Has a new season of Sons of Guns started yet?

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Ghetto Star

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:32 AM

Not yet. I think they're starting sometime in late January/early February. 

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Forum Drunk

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:15 AM

Yeah, last I remember is Vince quitting, Stephanie and Kris getting married .. and that's about it.

Best episode was when they made that shotgun attachable to the former Marine's ATV. That was dear to me man.. wish I had the money and resources to do things like that for veterans and wounded warriors.

Enough off-topic though, haha. :^:

TheBlackPeterParker.
  • TheBlackPeterParker.

616 Hero.

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:33 AM

I never really got the point of legalizing pot besides for medicinal use. I mean, you're going to smoke it anyway, legal or not , and the only way to actually get caught is by doing something stupid.

Spoiler

I'd move to a place that was cool, not somewhere I can get high legally.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Forum Drunk

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:41 AM

Legalization is for one reason: Taxes. Generates money for the government.

That's why prohibition ended, government knew how much money they could make off the distribution and sales of alcohol.

Melchior
  • Melchior

Anti-Complacency League, Baby!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Nations

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:18 AM

The only two places I would leave Australia for are Albuquerque NM or Newcastle-under-Lyme in England. I like what I have here in Melbourne thus it would take a lot to make me leave this place, such as a biblical plague, but that may be going too far in this case. ;)

You'd only consider leaving the massive, cosmopolitan global city you live in for two random backwaters? Heh?

Linc.
  • Linc.

Seeking and Destroying since 1997...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:42 AM

You'd only consider leaving the massive, cosmopolitan global city you live in for two random backwaters? Heh?

Yes.

I love everything about Albuquerque and I thank Breaking Bad for exposing me to that city's awesomeness. The atmosphere is amazing, the temperatures are perfect and the city itself is beautiful. Melbourne is nice but all I really have here is my mum, a lot of my family live in different states which for any Americans is a really long way away in Australia. I'm not sure if you're from Melbourne (I know you're Australian) but if you do I probably love this city as much as you do, I just love two places a little more.

My willfulness to move to Newcastle-under-Lyme is more a personal thing than a love for the actual town. 

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Ghetto Star

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:48 AM

Did you just call Albuquerque a random backwater? 

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:50 AM Edited by El_Diablo, 10 January 2014 - 05:52 AM.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather buy my weed from someone I trust :whistle:

sorry to bump this topic from last week but I failed to reply here when I should have.

I'm glad you trust your dealer or the person you buy weed from, but that doesn't mean you can trust where they get it from.
if you understood that with legalization comes regulation, you'd understand that it's MUCH nicer and MUCH safer to buy weed legally from an established business than it EVER is to buy weed from someone on the street; doesn't matter how well you know them. unless they're personally growing 100% of it, who knows where it came from or what it was grown with.

here in Colorado, marijuana production is regulated like any other product for human consumption.

all growing facilities and equipment are food-grade standard in addition to verifying all of the 'ingredients' in the end product. legalization is the way to go, hands down.

I'd move to a place that was cool, not somewhere I can get high legally.

well then it's a good thing that Colorado happens to be very cool.

if you enjoy getting high, this state has one of the best stoner cultures in the world in addition to world class entertainment, night life, and outdoors.

• Toke and AussieAustin like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users