Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why Did Rockstar Include a University Campus (ULSA)?

65 replies to this topic
cutter666
  • cutter666

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:10 AM

I would like to point out that this particular GTA was made by a Rockstar not based in America and is more or less a slam on the American way of life. As a cynic and self-hating US citizen I found it funny. But I think too many people have forgotton this isn't an American game. While I'm sure violence exists on the tiny island this game was created on, I doubt it's as bad as recent years here in the states. I'm glad school buses are nonexistent but I think a university is more for aesthetics and architecture.

As a cynic and self hating us citizen? How bout just an asshole?
Maybe you should try living in Pakistan or Bangkok for a week...

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:17 AM

^Bangkok?

The f*ck?!

Anyway, yeah the second the game allows us to march into a lecture hall and open fire it's an entirely different matter.

But just having the building is ok.

cutter666
  • cutter666

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:37 AM

^Bangkok?

The f*ck?!

Anyway, yeah the second the game allows us to march into a lecture hall and open fire it's an entirely different matter.

Yeah that's right,Bangkok. .you ever been?
If you have I think you would understand.
Sorry if its off topic but when some liberal self entitled asshat bashes the country I love and have fought for I just see it as my duty to suggest some of the alternatives.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:40 AM

Lossantoselementary.png

That's what the University was originally supposed to be.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:46 AM Edited by whatsstrength, 31 December 2013 - 07:47 AM.

Wait, where is the university? All I saw was a fitness center complex with a baseball field and track, but no schools.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:50 AM

Bangkok is awesome, you could have picked from a bunch of actual sh*t holes the planet has to offer but...lmao...Bangkok?

Anyway, let the self hater be. I'm a USMC (Ramadi) vet by the way. Nice to know there are more of us on the forum.

Back on topic:

I'll lose my sh*t if children get put in GTA, but adults are fair game as long as we can't go commiting a Virginia tech shooting.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:04 AM

I'll lose my sh*t if children get put in GTA, but adults are fair game as long as we can't go commiting a Virginia tech shooting.

I don't mean to take a darker route with this, but what makes a child's life so much more precious than an adult's? At what age does that value disappear? 18? 21?

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:08 AM Edited by SmoothGetaway, 31 December 2013 - 08:11 AM.

The same difference that makes punching a kid child abuse, and punching an adult battery.

18 is what the law says makes someone an adult so I'll go with that. It's not about one life being more precious than another.

It's about the defenselessness of kids versus adults.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:12 AM

The same difference that makes punching a kid child abuse, and hitting an adult battery.

18 is what the law says makes someone an adult so I'll go with that.

I guess one would assume that every Adult's life is worthless then, in the GTA Universe of course. Same would go for kids if they were in the game. Michael's kids don't really count since both of them are grown, Jimmy is 20 and I think Tracey is 17 or 18.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:15 AM Edited by SmoothGetaway, 31 December 2013 - 08:18 AM.

I edited my post, hope that clarifies it.

In other words, any of the adults in GTA could potentially retaliate against the player. Kids can't, which is why I think only certain types want them included in future games.

cutter666
  • cutter666

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:21 AM

Bangkok is awesome, you could have picked from a bunch of actual sh*t holes the planet has to offer but...lmao...Bangkok?

Anyway, let the self hater be. I'm a USMC (Ramadi) vet by the way. Nice to know there are more of us on the forum.

Back on topic:

Lol you do make a good point, maybe just my personal experience..
Anyway on topic..
Yeah,I agree children have no place in gta.

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:22 AM

I'm pretty sure an unarmed 18+ year old body is just as defenseless against a gun as a child's body...

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:25 AM

So you can get sum of that Puerto Rican strange.

• manutd36 likes this

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:27 AM

And to those who say it's JUST a building...you are wrong. It is clearly a campus, consisting of a library (looks like UCLA's library), a hall building, an athletic center, and a training building (same building formerly designated the elementary school).

These buildings are all on the same lawn, with a walkway, and fountain, with some bicycle racks, and a flag pole for atmosphere.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, there are unique pedestrian students and faculty that spawn on this campus...that are killable.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

One o' them Illuminati motherf*ckers

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:27 AM

^Bangkok?

The f*ck?!

Yeah that's right,Bangkok. .you ever been?
If you have I think you would understand.
Sorry if its off topic but when some liberal self entitled asshat bashes the country I love and have fought for I just see it as my duty to suggest some of the alternatives.

You know, one of the great things about living in America is that we're allowed to say "f*ck America" if we want. 

On topic: It would be weirder if there wasn't one. UCLA is kind of a big famous University. 

• SmoothGetaway likes this

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:28 AM Edited by SmoothGetaway, 31 December 2013 - 08:30 AM.

@ GTASuspectOnFoot

Yeah but all the peds aren't 100 % unarmed. Kids definitely all are.

A lot of peds pull weapons/attack the player. That's the difference.

Inb4 someone brings up child soldiers. You guys know what I mean...

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:31 AM

None of the pedestrians on the campus (like most in GTA V) are armed. And none of them attack the player if you even aim a firearm near them...

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:31 AM

I edited my post, hope that clarifies it.

In other words, any of the adults in GTA could potentially retaliate against the player. Kids can't, which is why I think only certain types want them included in future games.

Well I mean if a kid knows how to use a knife or a gun, maybe he/she can defend themselves? I mean this is GTA that we're talking about overall, it's a parody of real life present day. It would be kind of hilarious though if there were kids in future GTAs that looked like this:

kids-with-guns.jpeg

or this

palestinian_children_guns.jpg

Namely midgets if you catch my drift, but we would mistaken them for kids that sort of look like that. It's kind of hard to tell the difference between a midget and a kid these days anyways. At least for some.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:35 AM Edited by SmoothGetaway, 31 December 2013 - 08:40 AM.

How did I f*ckin know someone was gonna post up pics of child soldiers?

See my post above, that's neither here nor there...

Also those kids in the first pic need better firearm training. They're all pointing their weapons at each other. At least the Arab kids in the second pic sorta have their sh*t together :cool:

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:37 AM

None of the pedestrians on the campus (like most in GTA V) are armed. And none of them attack the player if you even aim a firearm near them...

Who cares? These aren't real people. It's a video game. I'm not sure what the point is. How is mowing down 20 peds in Downtown Vinewood different from killing them on the university campus?  

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:40 AM

How did I f*ckin know someone was gonna post up pics of child soldiers?

See my post above, that's neither here nor there...

Also those kids in the first pic need better firearm training. They're all pointing their weapons at each other. At least the Arab kids have their sh*t together :cool:

LOL! I seen your post right after I posted mine, I was like "No f*cking way!" it's like you read my mind and knew what I was gonna post. Rofl. 

Anyways, yeah, I mean those are just some examples. Like I said before, you can easily mistaken them for kids, and I mean, who knows? It could turn out to be midgets if they were put in the next game! R* sure do like to mess with their fans a lot.

• SmoothGetaway likes this

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:50 AM

Apparently Rockstar has a problem with deathmatches created on the campus...mine got deleted.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:56 AM

Apparently Rockstar has a problem with deathmatches created on the campus...mine got deleted.

That's just ridiculously f*cking stupid if it's true.

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:07 AM

It's true, it was "University Massacre", pistols only.

I had NOOSE and LSPD vehicles, as well as ambulances around, but they allowed all of that.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

Can someone tell me where this university is?

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:04 PM

its by the playboy mansion
  • Alvarez likes this

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:10 PM

@GTASuspectOnFoot:

Now i know where the PB mansion is located, thanks. :)

Tlaneloli
  • Tlaneloli

Native Outlawz (N8IV)

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:03 PM

Where the f*ck is this? I didn't notice it.

SonofYankton
  • SonofYankton

Hugging Niko Belic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:28 AM

I would like to point out that this particular GTA was made by a Rockstar not based in America and is more or less a slam on the American way of life. As a cynic and self-hating US citizen I found it funny. But I think too many people have forgotton this isn't an American game. While I'm sure violence exists on the tiny island this game was created on, I doubt it's as bad as recent years here in the states. I'm glad school buses are nonexistent but I think a university is more for aesthetics and architecture.

What??? Rockstar north Has made all the GTA games, to say that only 5 is not made by a American based company  is to say that EA is good company. It's just Wrong

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:30 AM

@Tjaneloili.

It's located in Rockford Hills not too far from the golf course.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users