Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why Did Rockstar Include a University Campus (ULSA)?

65 replies to this topic
GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:15 AM

One would think that after multiple college and high school shootings in recent years, that they would refrain from (unnecessarily) including such a place in a GTA game.

I personally have no problem with it.

I'm just curious what would compel them to include that.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:17 AM

GTA III, SA and GTA IV all had university campuses so why not?

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:18 AM

Because those exist in real life and as such make sense to appear in the virtual city just as much as any apartment building, bank or police station do.

Elementary and high schools do too, but those cause greater controversy because they're places where children usually spend time so people and media would get a lot of sand in their vaginas if Rockstar were to include those, while university campus causes none of that.

• Ixnay likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:19 AM

Lol,GTA is the King of Controvesy since 1997 it like the U.S of Video Games,it doesnt shy from violence,sex,racism or stereotypes.No offense to people from the U.S just using it as example.U.S is a great nation btw

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:20 AM

To be fair though, it's not like you can go in lecture halls or anything. Just like with previous GTA's - if you didn't know any better you wouldn't even know it was a University campus.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:22 AM

To be fair though, it's not like you can go in lecture halls or anything. Just like with previous GTA's - if you didn't know any better you wouldn't even know it was a University campus.

Exactly

JonesyRogers
  • JonesyRogers

DonnyZingFarka

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:23 AM

Yeah

If you could enter the building and just start shooting all over the place, then the media would definitely have a frenzy over that

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:24 AM

Why not? 

• Upggrade likes this

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:25 AM

Very tasteless on their part.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:25 AM

How dare you want to exclude it?

As Fox News says, the only point of GTA is to teach retarded and highly impressionable children to kill other children when they grow up.

Shame on you.

• Upggrade and thejack0ff like this

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:50 AM

Like others have said uni campuses have been in every game, but it'd be hard to notice unless you were paying close attention.

The real controversy is in schools for minors. Every so often a topic will pop up here wondering why children aren't in the games. The Housers have gone on record as saying they will never be in the game, because it adds nothing at all to the experience.

All GTA worlds are inhabited by complete assholes, something that makes it acceptable to sidewalk drive. Adding kids takes that away.

HonestOG556
  • HonestOG556

Crackpot

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:52 AM Edited by HonestOG556, 31 December 2013 - 01:52 AM.

Yeah

If you could enter the building and just start shooting all over the place, then the media would definitely have a frenzy over that

Everybody cares about dead kids, but nobody about dead nerds.

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:09 AM Edited by CrazyRay, 31 December 2013 - 02:09 AM.

As Fox News says, the only point of GTA is to teach retarded and highly impressionable children to kill other children when they grow up.
Shame on you.

Then why was Hillary Clinton and Tipper Gore, Democrats, against video game violence?

FAIL on that attempt to bash Fox News there, buddy

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:14 AM

I agree with you guys...

SO WHY WAS MY UNIVERSITY SHOOTING DEATHMATCH DELETED?

It's in the game...why not allow a PLAYER VS PLAYER deathmatch when you can kill pedestrians there in free roam?

fish61324
  • fish61324

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:30 AM

All you people saying stuff along the lines of that they had universities in past gta games and there is a college there in real life.....  I just have one thing to completey shut you up...... Why no Planes in GTA IV?!   yeah, that's what I thought.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:33 AM

There were no planes because the map wasn't big enough, if I recall correctly. I believe one of the Housers said that.

What's that got to do with the OP?

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:41 AM

@SmoothGetaway

Well by the Handling.dat files it seems that planes were ment to be in the game but because of the small size of LC there wans't any. The Houser brothers also said they had a f*cking huge countryside but in end all we got was the Urban Jungle, maybe its because they were limited as hell back then..

• SmoothGetaway likes this

BackPack
  • BackPack

This Ain't No Cartoon.

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:49 AM Edited by BackPack, 31 December 2013 - 02:49 AM.

Why did they put in skyscrapers?

Don't they remember that day in September?

• DannyMan likes this

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:49 AM Edited by SmoothGetaway, 31 December 2013 - 02:49 AM.

@Tenxax

That sounds right.

Yeah they had pretty big ambitions when they first announce IV, also it got delayed and that generally means cut features.

Never knew that about the handling files, thanks for the info.

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:01 AM

Shame on you.

Then why was Hillary Clinton and Tipper Gore, Democrats, against video game violence?

FAIL on that attempt to bash Fox News there, buddy

In fairness, fox news does suck dick and Glenn Beck is an overweight crybaby. 

• CanOdope likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:13 AM

Ubisoft are also following GTA 4 model of not including Planes in Watch-dogs because Watch-dogs is set in a City Only.It makes sense in GTA 5 because,it more wide plus,there is a countryside and hangars.That why planes return for the first time in the HD Era and Since GTA San Andreas.

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:20 AM

Mind if we get back on topic please...?

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:24 AM

You better wait for Bully 2 then, kid.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

HowLongUntilTrumpLeaves.com

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:25 AM

Because that's the closest some people will get to setting foot into a university.

Kidding. To actually answer the question....because they exist in real life so it makes sense to include it in V?

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:16 AM

It adds to the environment. Instead of just another house, or just another generic building, its something unique to the map. A unique shape and layout.

That's important to GTA. Lack of variety would take away a lot from a game like this. 

Besides, its not like you can go inside and shoot up classrooms full of children. Now, had R* added an elementary school with an interior and children inside, I'd absolutely be against it, but this University is no more than a piece of land to mess around on.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:30 AM

Maybe a final "f*ck you" to Jack Thompson not being able to sue the "murder simulator" anymore? Hue hue hue...

I think you're over-thinking it, palie. School campuses and guns don't insight violence, AND I'LL f*ckING SHOOT ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE!

Ray
  • Ray

I don't practice Santeria, I ain't got no crystal ball

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:35 AM

Rockstar should of kept the Elementary school, but made it non-enterable of course. It would of added a whole new level of realism to the game.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:01 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 31 December 2013 - 05:03 AM.

Fun Fact:according to GTA Wiki,The face of The Statue of Happiness in Liberty City resemble that of Hilary Clinton.Lol GTA is just the "Bad Boy of Gaming.and also according to wikipedia GTA is the'Most Controverrial Game Series in Video Game History"

Ray
  • Ray

I don't practice Santeria, I ain't got no crystal ball

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:01 AM

Fun Fact:according to GTA Wiki,The face of The Statue of Happiness in Liberty City resemble that of Hilary Clinton.Lol GTA is just unstoppable

Off topic, but that's still interesting.

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:37 AM

I would like to point out that this particular GTA was made by a Rockstar not based in America and is more or less a slam on the American way of life. As a cynic and self-hating US citizen I found it funny. But I think too many people have forgotton this isn't an American game. While I'm sure violence exists on the tiny island this game was created on, I doubt it's as bad as recent years here in the states. I'm glad school buses are nonexistent but I think a university is more for aesthetics and architecture.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users