Console freezing when starting GTA Online

17 replies to this topic
Megamoke
  • Megamoke

GTAProject.NET

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:20 PM

As soon as my character loads in a pirvate or public lobby it freezes my console. I have tried swapping characters and joining both public/private games with no luck.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there an easy solution?

Regards :D

meth.
  • meth.

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:02 AM

i've been having the same issue for hours. i have even tried playing on a different account to see if the profile data was corrupted last night when i turned off my game but it froze on the create character screen. others are having issues on another forum so i guess this is part of the "update" or fix from Rockstar.

Marewanna
  • Marewanna

GTA Online Helper.

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:12 AM

Try clearing your cache .

SinisterPredator
  • SinisterPredator

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:20 AM

me too im freezes often NONE FIX YET

meth.
  • meth.

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:24 AM

Try clearing your cache .

yeah tried that. didn't work

slayerbeast28
  • slayerbeast28

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:12 PM

Try to unlink your gamertag, from your rockstar social account.

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

I'm still having this issue. Every time I attempt to log on, it freezes my ps3. Just started doing it today. Anyone find a solution for this.

K1llad0r
  • K1llad0r

Snitch

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:38 PM

Watch out! Gtav cause my ps3 to get the ylod because of this 👎 it has happened 3 times.

DevsNzL
  • DevsNzL

I'm Watching You

• Members
  • New-Zealand
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:44 PM

be honest any of you's used the dns servers? possible fix is got to start on computer, in program search put in cmb click on that type in ipconfig/flushdns.  Change your ps3 internet settings to auto.  might best pay to delete all game files on the system, patch update, game data, game profile and saves.  See if that fixes it if not then i guess another famous rockstar glitch.

SinisterPredator
  • SinisterPredator

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:44 AM

No work i got random froze even i have formated my hd of his ps3 im freeze the problem is rock star because my other games dont froZe

DevsNzL
  • DevsNzL

I'm Watching You

• Members
  • New-Zealand
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:21 AM

No work i got random froze even i have formated my hd of his ps3 im freeze the problem is rock star because my other games dont froZe

And you never used a dns server? if not then yup another rockstar bug, prob due to them hotfixing the dns server

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:49 PM

Has anyone figured a fix for this yet?  I have uninstalled all my game data.  Reinstalled everything.  Unlinked my rockstar social club account.  nothing is working.

SinisterPredator
  • SinisterPredator

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:48 AM

And you never used a dns server? if not then yup another rockstar bug, prob due to them hotfixing the dns server

the hell no im a legit citizen =D

traksta1
  • traksta1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:42 PM Edited by traksta1, 02 January 2014 - 12:44 PM.

I too have completely lost access to GTA online on my main account. In my particular case I believe it is connected to some self "created content" I added to my characters "save" at Rockstar. Since adding the second self created race to that account all attempts to access online result in console lock or infinite loading screens depending on what method is used to try to connect online.

This is the almost interesting bit.

Therefore, due to my inability to play gtao on my main account I began a new character on a second account, same ps3. This accounts GTA Online works just fine but can be induced to lock console/infininite load by importing those created races from my main accounts page at Rockstar games social club to my subs playlist. Returning to *RSC page and "removing from game" either of these races from subs account results in normal online service being resumed. Sadly, I think that points the finger of fault at *Rockstars end of business and there is nought I can do about it.

I have submitted support tickets, sent e-mails to any and all Rockstar addresses I have found in the hope that someone there will take notice. All without response thus far. (although, it is holidays time so still hoping for the best).

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

Update: So, today I ....

Unlinked my Rockstar Social Club account.
Deleted all game files
Restarted my router
Took out my disc
Did a factory settings restore
And deleted my 2nd character
Basically did a full reset of everything.

And.....

That actually worked. For the first time in days I have been able to log in to Gta online.

dorcy
  • dorcy

"Alright, let's get straight to the biscuits."

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:12 PM

Deleted all game files
Restarted my router
Took out my disc

And.....

That actually worked. For the first time in days I have been able to log in to Gta online.

nice one! glad you got back online. did this restore access to your original toon or just the new slot 2 one? if you got your first one back i'll give it a go. if not it would seem the fault is related to save files, maybe...

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:07 PM

My original character is fine. I deleted my 2nd character.

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:25 PM Edited by Bozzah, 02 January 2014 - 07:29 PM.

Deleted all game files
Restarted my router
Took out my disc

And.....

I think that you didn't even have to unlink the accounts or delete characters.

I was having freezes for over a week and only when I did a restore of my system WITHOUT a disc in the drive, it actually fixed the problem. it must have been some corrupted data on the ps3 OS itself, not a gta installation data, because uninstalling gta only didn't change sh*t.

Has anyone of you guys tried playing the story mode to see if it only affects the online mode?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users