Quantcast

» «
Photo

Rockstar needs to get their priorities straight...

54 replies to this topic
knightlion04
  • knightlion04

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:41 PM

So, basically this is my issue: Rockstar needs to care more about us and less about themselves. What I'm referring to specifically is the gripe Rockstar has with "hackers"......every statement released by them bitches and moans about hackers giving money....I haven't once heard them complain about the hackers that make themselves invincible. Now, I don't really care about hackers and their monye. I received money from them just like everyone else has at this point but even if I hadn't, I didn't concern myself with it because another players money doesn't affect my game play experience. Shooting a guy in the face with my tank cannon 5 times with no success and then having him kill me because he is in God mode DOES affect my gameplay. They are only worried about the money sh*t cuz it affects them "financially", but they don't care about us, their consumer when our gaming experience is actually being affected. Same with issues like when I open my phone to go on the internet and it shuts off and then won't open again til I reset my console. This issue was supposed to be fixed after the VERY FIRST PATCH, now 2 and a half months later, it still happens to me DAILY. It's unacceptable. I don't blame them for trying to get rid of the hackers, but get the priorities straight. Fix the issues that never should've existed first, then worry about your finances. I personally would never buy a shark card regardless....i'd stop playing the game altogether before I gave real money for fake money, especially since it's such a blatant rip off. 50 bucks for 3.5 million? hmmmm, do I want 3.5 million that disappears quick as hell or do I want a new game. Easy choice. Basically, if they want to eliminate hackers and exploiters, they should make missions FUN with a decent payout instead of boring, tedious, and repetitive with payouts so low that if we had to gas up in GTA we wouldn't be able to afford it. I know a lot of people will disagree and probably say some childish internet tough guy sh*t but seriously, Rockstar needs to put OUR gaming experience before THEIR financial concerns....especially since they've already made over a billion dollars of the game, and will likely make another billion before all is said and done. Show some appreciation to the people who shelled out 60, 80, or 120 dollars for things like blimps, that we aren't even allowed to use online. Jus sayin

• meth., M210F, blackwolfred and 1 other like this

GTA-Addicted
  • GTA-Addicted

And as finishing touch... ...God created the Dutch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:43 PM

Wow, what a wall of text....

• GTA Banjo, poklane, 2281 and 6 others like this

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:43 PM Edited by gn1992, 30 December 2013 - 10:44 PM.

They're a company. They want money

Money money money money all the time

And they got some sick fans who are blind and defend them until the end...

We're in a sad moment in online gaming... and it will only be worse unfortunately

• blackwolfred likes this

RussianCommie
  • RussianCommie

Death has come to your little town, Sheriff.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:45 PM Edited by GTAVArtem013, 30 December 2013 - 10:46 PM.

Someone is not familiar with spacing paragraphs. Jus sayin

• sexboxlive likes this

SurlyOldManMN
  • SurlyOldManMN

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:45 PM

Wow, what a wall of text....

Guessing it's "something, something, not easy enough to make money and therefore I'm entitled to violate TOS, something, something".  The usual.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:46 PM

Didn't read the wall.

• o ILL AUDIO o likes this

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:47 PM

Didn't really wanna read all that but judging from your thread title of "Rockstar needs to get their priorities straight..." I can only assume this is another paragraph of pure speculation since you don't work for Rockstar and have no actual idea what their priorities are or what they are focusing on depending on the difficulty of the issue.

• DannyMan likes this

muhmuhhuh
  • muhmuhhuh

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:48 PM

So, basically this is my issue: Rockstar needs to care more about us and less about themselves. What I'm referring to specifically is the gripe Rockstar has with "hackers"......every statement released by them bitches and moans about hackers giving money....I haven't once heard them complain about the hackers that make themselves invincible. Now, I don't really care about hackers and their monye. I received money from them just like everyone else has at this point but even if I hadn't, I didn't concern myself with it because another players money doesn't affect my game play experience. Shooting a guy in the face with my tank cannon 5 times with no success and then having him kill me because he is in God mode DOES affect my gameplay. They are only worried about the money sh*t cuz it affects them "financially", but they don't care about us, their consumer when our gaming experience is actually being affected. Same with issues like when I open my phone to go on the internet and it shuts off and then won't open again til I reset my console. This issue was supposed to be fixed after the VERY FIRST PATCH, now 2 and a half months later, it still happens to me DAILY. It's unacceptable. I don't blame them for trying to get rid of the hackers, but get the priorities straight. Fix the issues that never should've existed first, then worry about your finances. I personally would never buy a shark card regardless....i'd stop playing the game altogether before I gave real money for fake money, especially since it's such a blatant rip off. 50 bucks for 3.5 million? hmmmm, do I want 3.5 million that disappears quick as hell or do I want a new game. Easy choice. Basically, if they want to eliminate hackers and exploiters, they should make missions FUN with a decent payout instead of boring, tedious, and repetitive with payouts so low that if we had to gas up in GTA we wouldn't be able to afford it. I know a lot of people will disagree and probably say some childish internet tough guy sh*t but seriously, Rockstar needs to put OUR gaming experience before THEIR financial concerns....especially since they've already made over a billion dollars of the game, and will likely make another billion before all is said and done. Show some appreciation to the people who shelled out 60, 80, or 120 dollars for things like blimps, that we aren't even allowed to use online. Jus sayin

ctrl + f. "cash cards" = 0 entries.

Ok your gripe is fine with me. 

• sadpandamakeup likes this

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:49 PM

All i got from that was...

Wah Wah R* dont care about us all they care about is stopping people having money and not stopping the hackers wah wah wah.

last time i checked R* blocked the DNS servers which were the lifeblood of all the cheats in God Mode etc. They did that for all of us bro. Also they are banning DNS abusers but letting them keep their cash albeit with a wiped RP. 

CaptainSpaceCat
  • CaptainSpaceCat

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:53 PM

Seems people take issue with having to read something. Maybe it's because the screen moves if they try to trace the words with their fingers on smartphones and tablets. Wall of text. Ever read a book? It's pretty much been the same format for a couple of hundred years.

As for the original post before the spammers set in, it's a fair point but sadly it's indicative of the industry these days. Companies with DLC, additional content and micro-transactions rely on those few "big fish" customers who do pay the excessive amounts for such things. Rockstar would be stupid for not getting involved. The market's there to be exploited. Rubbish like Candy Crush proves that. Plus, I'm sure knowledgeable directors, boardroom members and stockholders would demand such systems in place.
  • M210F, knightlion04 and blackwolfred like this

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:54 PM

So, basically this is my issue: Rockstar needs to care more about us and less about themselves. What I'm referring to specifically is the gripe Rockstar has with "hackers"......every statement released by them bitches and moans about hackers giving money....I haven't once heard them complain about the hackers that make themselves invincible. Now, I don't really care about hackers and their monye. I received money from them just like everyone else has at this point but even if I hadn't, I didn't concern myself with it because another players money doesn't affect my game play experience.

Shooting a guy in the face with my tank cannon 5 times with no success and then having him kill me because he is in God mode DOES affect my gameplay. They are only worried about the money sh*t cuz it affects them "financially", but they don't care about us, their consumer when our gaming experience is actually being affected. Same with issues like when I open my phone to go on the internet and it shuts off and then won't open again til I reset my console. This issue was supposed to be fixed after the VERY FIRST PATCH, now 2 and a half months later, it still happens to me DAILY.

It's unacceptable. I don't blame them for trying to get rid of the hackers, but get the priorities straight. Fix the issues that never should've existed first, then worry about your finances. I personally would never buy a shark card regardless....i'd stop playing the game altogether before I gave real money for fake money, especially since it's such a blatant rip off.

50 bucks for 3.5 million? hmmmm, do I want 3.5 million that disappears quick as hell or do I want a new game. Easy choice. Basically, if they want to eliminate hackers and exploiters, they should make missions FUN with a decent payout instead of boring, tedious, and repetitive with payouts so low that if we had to gas up in GTA we wouldn't be able to afford it.

I know a lot of people will disagree and probably say some childish internet tough guy sh*t but seriously, Rockstar needs to put OUR gaming experience before THEIR financial concerns....especially since they've already made over a billion dollars of the game, and will likely make another billion before all is said and done. Show some appreciation to the people who shelled out 60, 80, or 120 dollars for things like blimps, that we aren't even allowed to use online. Jus sayin

now it is a little more readable 

• Kelvin_00 likes this

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:58 PM

I started to read it. Does that count?

• DannyMan, Biohazard Abyss and sadpandamakeup like this

knightlion04
  • knightlion04

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:59 PM

typing a huge wall of text like this which makes it harder for people to read your post so most people will likely flame you for posting a wall of text which makes it harder for people to read your post so most people will likely flame you for posting a wall of text which makes it harder for people to read your post so most people will likely flame you for posting a wall of text which makes it harder for people to read your post so most people will likely flame you for posting a wall of text which makes it harder for people to read your post so most people will likely flame you for posting a wall of text which makes it harder for people to read your post so most people will likely flame you for posting a wall of text which makes it harder for people to read your post so most people will likely flame you for posting a wall of text which makes it harder for people to read your post so most people will likely flame you for posting a wall of text which makes it harder for people to read your post so most people will likely flame you for posting a wall of text which makes it harder for people to read your post so most people will likely flame you for posting a wall of text which makes it harder for people to read your post so most people will likely flame you for posting a wall of text which makes it harder for people to read your post so most people will likely flame you for posting a wall of text which makes it harder for people to read your post so most people will likely flame you for posting a wall of textwhich makes it harder for people to read your post so most people will likely flame you for posting a wall of text. Jus sayin

I wanted to give a response....but I couldn't read this. Clearly some of us never got a typical elementary school education

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:59 PM Edited by tymaster50, 30 December 2013 - 11:00 PM.

tl;dr, R* needs to start focusing on god modders and less on money hacks. All they have to do is make missions fun and not repetitive and people will want to play legit.

Or something like that. 

• WBaker likes this

cjdavies
  • cjdavies

Playa

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:02 PM

So you are for hackers and against them? :blink:

knightlion04
  • knightlion04

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:02 PM Edited by knightlion04, 30 December 2013 - 11:05 PM.

Wah Wah R* dont care about us all they care about is stopping people having money and not stopping the hackers wah wah wah.

last time i checked R* blocked the DNS servers which were the lifeblood of all the cheats in God Mode etc. They did that for all of us bro. Also they are banning DNS abusers but letting them keep their cash albeit with a wiped RP. 

"Last you checked"? Check again "bro"......GTA Online was still flooded with God mode folks and 2 billion dollar bounties an hour ago when I was playing. So, next time....don't speak for "all of us" cuz your statement doesn't apply

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:03 PM

"Last you checked"? Check again "bro"......GTA Online was still flooded with God mode folks and 2 billion dollar bounties. So, next time....don't speak for "all of us" cuz your statement doesn't apply

op edit your post to the one i formatted it too so you don't keep getting "not reading that" responses. 

knightlion04
  • knightlion04

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:04 PM

So you are for hackers and against them? :blink:

Neither. I don't care how people play the game THEY paid for themselves unless it infringes on me playing the game that I PAID FOR. them having money doesn't affect my gameplay experience or anyone elses so it's none of my business. Someone that kills me but is unable to die themselves does affect the gameplay of others

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:06 PM

paragraph breaks.. an advanced feature that's totally underused.

knightlion04
  • knightlion04

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:06 PM

I started to read it. Does that count?

Sure. Next time I'll use smaller words so you don't get lost. Guess your special ed teachers deserve a gold star too

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:07 PM

I wanted to give a response....but I couldn't read this. Clearly some of us never got a typical elementary school education

It's okay, it's not entirely your fault, given the sad state of public education systems in many countries. *pats on head*

DannyMan
  • DannyMan

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:08 PM

You are a racist

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:08 PM

"Last you checked"? Check again "bro"......GTA Online was still flooded with God mode folks and 2 billion dollar bounties an hour ago when I was playing. So, next time....don't speak for "all of us" cuz your statement doesn't apply

No dude. DNS servers are blocked. I'm guessing there will be still some cheaters kicking around until they log off but that will be the last of them. Also ban waves have started and i'm guessing the money purge of all gifetd cash will happen next update.

Statement applies.

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:12 PM Edited by SteveNYC81, 30 December 2013 - 11:15 PM.

Spacing paragraphs should've been taught in the second grade. No offense OP. My high school English teacher would've had a field day with her red sharpie, reading your run on paragraph.

GTA-Addicted
  • GTA-Addicted

And as finishing touch... ...God created the Dutch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:14 PM

No dude. DNS servers are blocked. I'm guessing there will be still some cheaters kicking around until they log off but that will be the last of them. Also ban waves have started and i'm guessing the money purge of all gifetd cash will happen next update.

Statement applies.

No, it will be the last of the OFW "hackers" (if you really want to call them like that) but the hacks are still flying around like madness on CFW consoles, that's a different cup of tea...

And to add: Yes I'm indeed browsing through a phone right now (an old SGS I9000, so bare with me lol) so the wall OP posted was gigantic for me

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:16 PM Edited by Bozzah, 30 December 2013 - 11:23 PM.

I agree with the OP

there's just one more thing to add:

even though Rockstar made so much money with the GTA V games, offering an online mode requires another money income, otherwise it would be a little stupid. 

They have to pay for servers and guys that work for the online mode, and if they wouldn't have a possibility of earning money while offering the online mode, their total income would reduce significantly the longer they would run this service, which is just logic... But of course I cannot say that they didn't earn already enough money :)

You don't have to pay more for your GTA, you don't have to pay for DLC's or cash cards etc... but there will be some people who want to buy some additional content or just want to avoid grinding missions.

But if there's people giving away billions of ingame-dollars, nobody would want to pay real money for the game if they could just wait for their free billions.

and THIS is the main motivation for Rockstar to fix this problem, or at least to try it. 

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:20 PM

OP I see your points though completely. But unfortunately this is 21st century corporate America. Profit, and quarterly earnings comes before the customers.

Canucks555
  • Canucks555

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:23 PM Edited by Canucks555, 30 December 2013 - 11:27 PM.

I don't understand people that think a company wanting to make money is somehow odd or a "bad thing"..

-anyone else confused?

• StewNorth likes this

Kelvin_00
  • Kelvin_00

Why are you reading this?

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:26 PM Edited by Kelvin_00, 30 December 2013 - 11:27 PM.

Rockstar wants your money.

You bought their game with your money.

They have your money.

They want more of your money.

They implement cash cards.

Everyone is getting more money then they sell for, and for a lot less (free).

Rockstar doesn't care about anything else right now other than making sure if you want money you have to buy it, from them..

Fin.

• maschil likes this

DirtFarmer
  • DirtFarmer

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:27 PM

hard to belive this happen in Soviet Russia!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users