• Joonas08Joonas

PlayStation 3 player, also citizen of Ludendorff

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:22 PM

I try to sign in, it gives me

"A connection to the network could not be established."

And tells me to go to Network Settings

Every time, It fails when obtaining the IP address.

My settings:

Custom

Wireless

At WLAN Settings, I set it to Scan.

WLAN:

Security - WEP, Signal Strength - 100%

WLAN Security Setting - None (WEP needs a key.. :/ )

IP Address Setting - Automatic

DHCP Host Name - Do not set

DNS - Automatic

MTU - Automatic

Proxy Server - Do not use

UPNP - Enable

and then..

On the test, Obtain IP Address fails.

I try Easy, then when I get to WLAN Security and set it to None, it hangs on "Checking Network Configuration" until it eventually fails.

How do I fix this?

This started happening when my brother tried to change the DNS setting, and he chose the same options as me. :/

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:28 PM

Choose evrything on easy ( fastest way ), just scan then choose your internet thing and accept. I used to play wireless and had the same sh*t. Ive got 10 different lines that basicly say you cant connect ( login ) same as saying im connected and couldnt login. It can fail on evry part at the test ( ip adress, psn etc. ). Best is use wired connection, i gone from 1 - 4mbs to 28-38mbs ( thats what ps3 says when tested internet connection ). Now never lag and really fast downloads ( from pss ). I think you got sh*tty/cheap internet or bad wireless connection ( like i had ). Those tests are bs since sony got 100 ways to tell you that cant login while the problem is your bad connection. If you got it to work ( the test ) then say what speeds ( dl & ul ) you got. Just put wire in ps3 or get faster internet.

Joonas08Joonas
  • Joonas08Joonas

PlayStation 3 player, also citizen of Ludendorff

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:46 PM

Choose evrything on easy ( fastest way ), just scan then choose your internet thing and accept. I used to play wireless and had the same sh*t. Ive got 10 different lines that basicly say you cant connect ( login ) same as saying im connected and couldnt login. It can fail on evry part at the test ( ip adress, psn etc. ). Best is use wired connection, i gone from 1 - 4mbs to 28-38mbs ( thats what ps3 says when tested internet connection ). Now never lag and really fast downloads ( from pss ). I think you got sh*tty/cheap internet or bad wireless connection ( like i had ). Those tests are bs since sony got 100 ways to tell you that cant login while the problem is your bad connection. If you got it to work ( the test ) then say what speeds ( dl & ul ) you got. Just put wire in ps3 or get faster internet.

"Checking network configuration.."

Gives me this message on 'Easy'.

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:58 PM

You just need choose fastest easiest way ( so not manually etc. ). Choose scan then pick your internet thing and let it load/wait, u prolly need password for your wireless connection. After all its gonna test your network ( if it works + how fast it is ). Then you suppose to be online but if got bad connection the thing fail at ip adress, psn or it gives no data bout speed ( download/upload ). Just let it " checking network configuration " if not works you retry. Sometimes go to internet settings and see your settings like ip adress etc. ( most uppest option at internet settings ) and somehow it works then. I got wired now but on first try i get message ' wire not connected ' while its connected but after retry it suddenly works. Get a wire if thats possible or get closer to your router ( ps3 ) or get faster internet or maybe other people in you house on internet which cause very bad connection on your ps3 ( if using wireless ). Just do internet test 2 times and let it finish if it aint work you need wired connection. Its very annoying and if you manage to go online but got lag its still very annoying and no fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users