Photo

What aliasing?

112 replies to this topic
zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:53 PM

My eyes have adapted to consoles over the last 15 yrs, all games looks good to me I feel sorry for pc gamers

For me good game in terms of graphics have to run on atleast 720p (true 720p, no upscaled or anything) and 30FPS and I don't really think GTA V runs on 720p

• Distrom likes this

Distrom
  • Distrom

Massimo Pantaleo

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:25 PM Edited by Distrom, 31 December 2013 - 10:25 PM.

My eyes have adapted to consoles over the last 15 yrs, all games looks good to me I feel sorry for pc gamers

For me good game in terms of graphics have to run on atleast 720p (true 720p, no upscaled or anything) and 30FPS and I don't really think GTA V runs on 720p

I'm pretty sure it doesn't run on native 720p, not even CoD does.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:53 AM

So how about those classics?

mike-commander
  • mike-commander

LSSM- Commissioner

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:37 AM

GTA V has little to no aliasing on my TV, Rockstar did a great job (yes, I know what aliasing is).

All the PC fanboys can go cry because GTA V is not planned to release on PC. Make fun of the "ancient, terrible" consoles but guess what? Game runs DAMN well and looks GORGEOUS.
  • IveGotNoValues likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

El Hoxo

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:55 AM Edited by Xerukal, 03 January 2014 - 05:55 AM.

GTA V has little to no aliasing on my TV, Rockstar did a great job (yes, I know what aliasing is).

All the PC fanboys can go cry because GTA V is not planned to release on PC. Make fun of the "ancient, terrible" consoles but guess what? Game runs DAMN well and looks GORGEOUS.

Spoiler

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:15 AM

Yeah but Xbox 360 has a better GPU than PS3. See, I know my facts, even if it looks slightly better on PS3, It's only because they had a deal with Sony. PS3 only has a better CPU. 

Um, pardon, but aren't CPUs and GPUs essentially the same thing? They're just processing chips. The only difference is what they're processing.

Also, just randomly pointing out that RAM has a bigger effect on overall machine processing than minor changes to CPU clock speeds, so even trying to say one machine has a slightly better GPU isn't a very big argument at all. The specs have to be taken as a whole, not compared piecemeal.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:25 AM

Apparently the people in this thread saying there is aliasing are not the only ones on the internet that think so.

http://www.giantbomb...iasing-1453053/

http://www.escapistm...60-jagged-edges

http://www.tomshardw...g-graphics.html

http://www.mmo-champ...n-PS3-looks-bad

http://www.gamefaqs....auto-v/67281520

http://www.gamefaqs....auto-v/67408454

If you don't see any aliasing in this picture, you need to get your eyes checked, or at least play a game with decent AA. Because clearly you don't know what aliasing really is.

Spoiler

TehTacoGuy
  • TehTacoGuy

Half taco, half human.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:28 AM

This aliasing:

Z2xLHNH.png

It's not very noticeable on my 32" LCD TV. I sit about 2 1/2 metres away, and it looks mostly fine to me. Nothing like in the picture above. Not even close.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:30 AM

A lot of the complaints are coming from self-titled "PC Gamers" so there's your answer. They are right in that the game does not have nearly as much anti-aliasing as your usual maxed-out PC game, though, BUT it really doesn't matter: console games aren't meant to be played with the person close to the TV/monitor, it'd be a waste of resources to put in substantial resources on anti-aliasing, your vision smooths out the blocky lines.

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:33 AM

Let the game arrive on PC, I am sure the comparison screen shots will make those self-titled "PC Gamers" take pride in what they believed

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:37 AM

You mean a powerful, modernized, choir of hardware will make the game look better than 8-year-old hardware with 250mb ram?

The anti-aliasing is bad, that's true - but it doesn't matter, the game isn't supposed to be played on a computer monitor, it's supposed to be played on a TV.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:40 AM Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 03 January 2014 - 06:41 AM.

You mean a powerful, modernized, choir of hardware will make the game look better than 8-year-old hardware with 250mb ram?

The anti-aliasing is bad, that's true - but it doesn't matter, the game isn't supposed to be played on a computer monitor, it's supposed to be played on a TV.

:rol:

There needs to be a facepalm smiley.

Even on my 42 inch TV I still noticed a lot of aliasing in The Last of Us. My TV is in my room across from my bed, which is a good 10 feet or more. So your argument is still invalid

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:45 AM

Even on my 42 inch TV I still noticed a lot of aliasing in The Last of Us. My TV is in my room across from my bed, which is a good 10 feet or more. So your argument is still invalid

If we're gonna have an anecdotal evidence party, then, hey, I've played on a 60-inch from three feet apart and did not notice anything to go to a forum and complain about.

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:45 AM Edited by Osho, 03 January 2014 - 06:48 AM.

Then don't use words like self-titled "PC Gamers" just like few others eventually end the argument as "PC Peasants" etc..etc.. We understand the hardware limitations but it is also true that most people are complaining about aliasing are a lot of console players themselves. How? because the jagged edgies, screen flickering problems are so obvious that as a console game it affects the gaming experience.

Game looks pretty damn good but technical issues are still present for many players and that has nothing to do with PC superiority, that's just some basic things that are more clearly visible.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:50 AM

If we're gonna have an anecdotal evidence party, then, hey, I've played on a 60-inch from three feet apart and did not notice anything to go to a forum and complain about.

And yet here you are. 

TJGM
  • TJGM

James May is the best May!

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:52 AM

The question shouldn't be where is it, but rather where isn't it? Game looks disgusting.

its running on a piece ash*t console

Ah, You must have an XBox

Yeah but Xbox 360 has a better GPU than PS3. See, I know my facts, even if it looks slightly better on PS3, It's only because they had a deal with Sony. PS3 only has a better CPU. 

As for the aliasing, it must be a cheap brand of TV if that's all you can see. It looks better on a small television anyways, that way you don't see all the aliasing and the game won't look as stretched with all of the pixels showing.

It looks better on the PS3 because they had a deal? I highly doubt that, both consoles look identical except the colors, PS3 and Xbox games can have slightly different colors but it's not because the developers had a deal or they wanted one console to look better than the other.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:58 AM

And yet here you are. 

I'm actually remotely controlling a robotic typing machine with a camera.

@Osho: this is a topic that has been regurgitated over and over since before the game has been released, and every time, the bulk of the people complaining are self-titled* "PC Gamers," who, on the internet, are infamous for nit-picking everything. It's not a dig on PC gaming, I own and play on a gaming PC regularly, it's an observation based on the topics I've seen so far.

* people who keep remindinh everyone about their PCs or that they are a PC gamer.

cutter666
  • cutter666

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:50 PM

Holy hell so now where complaining about this? Lol
I admit the game has its problems but looks isn't one of them.
I play it on a 3 year old ps3 using a standard (cheap) hdmi cable on my 5 year old 42" Toshiba lcd hdtv, 4' from the screen.
It looks gorgeous to me,damm near flawless!

high91
  • high91

L.S. Pro Racer...Drifting Expert. NO CATCHUP..NO SLIPSTREAM..

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:34 PM

Holy hell so now where complaining about this? Lol
I admit the game has its problems but looks isn't one of them.
I play it on a 3 year old ps3 using a standard (cheap) hdmi cable on my 5 year old 42" Toshiba lcd hdtv, 4' from the screen.
It looks gorgeous to me,damm near flawless!

Im kinda the same as you :) (xbox 360 on 42'' plasma) and it looks amazing..I really cannot see why people complain.. I said in another thread, whoever complains is doing it wrong and by wrong I mean NOT calibrating and setting game brightness levels correctly, using the right color space and reference levels to match your tv.  SERIOUSLY people this is 8 year old hardware and not having a good set up WILL affect your overall gaming experience.

SOURCE: Own Experience :)

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:37 PM

And yet here you are. 

I'm actually remotely controlling a robotic typing machine with a camera.

@Osho: this is a topic that has been regurgitated over and over since before the game has been released, and every time, the bulk of the people complaining are self-titled* "PC Gamers," who, on the internet, are infamous for nit-picking everything. It's not a dig on PC gaming, I own and play on a gaming PC regularly, it's an observation based on the topics I've seen so far.

* people who keep remindinh everyone about their PCs or that they are a PC gamer.

I wasn't gonna say a word, but when I read crap I have to do something about it.

The problem here is not that whoever entitles himself as a "PC Gamer" like so many of you like to label, came here saying that the game looks like sht, the thing here is that someone that came here to praise that the game have no Aliasing at all and whoever says that is butthurt for some reason I'm still trying to understand. The main point here is that THE GAME HAVE ALIASING, end of story... if it makes it good, bad or unplayable is arguable but TECHNOLOGICALLY SPEAKING, it does have Aliasing and that was the reason why the thread was created.

Doesn't matter how it looks in your Ferrari TV, or at what distance you play from, in technical terms the game is full of it, and that's undeniable. Period.

mike-commander
  • mike-commander

LSSM- Commissioner

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:46 PM

Spoiler

Shut the hell up. I'm right, you're wrong.

Dr.Huge Poop
  • Dr.Huge Poop

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:43 PM Edited by Dr.Huge Poop, 04 January 2014 - 10:43 PM.

It was pretty funny when Rockstar half assed the entire snow day thing,cover the entire map is a generic white texture...done!

Was also funny to drive by palm tree's only to see them all glitch back to their normal texture in LS.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:05 PM

All the PC fanboys can go cry because GTA V is
not planned to release on PC. Make fun of the "ancient, terrible" consoles but guess what? Game runs DAMN well and looks GORGEOUS.

Same bro

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users