112 replies to this topic
TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Secretly a GTA IV fanboy

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:09 AM

The reason it went down that low is because it's a current-gen game on a next-gen console and it was very, very poorly optimized. It sticks at 30 now. It basically got straight ported and then fixed.

where did you get that information from? dr3 was confirmed by capcom to have been developed initially on high-end pc's

http://www.pro-g.co...._microsoft.html

it was ported to the xb1 from pc...not last gen consoles

Look at my other posts. Links.

Looks like we have different articles saying different things. They said both then.
DR3 was never a last gen game.

Alright Mr. Troll. Don't read my links then. Not my problem.

Why do you hate me?

I don't hate you. I just find it annoying that you constantly bash the game, and then leave absolutely no valid reason why. You never go into detail. Plus, you obviously didn't read my links.

That's the 'If you're serious' answer.

This is one of the most overreactions about this game to date. I see this complaint all the time and have never seen anything that stood out as looking even remotely bad.

I think the game looks fantastic. I bet the majority of those who are so distraught over this aliasing garbage are PC superiority police. You know, those guys who love to tell everyone how much better PC's are to consoles.

I feel sorry for people who can't enjoy the beauty of this game due to their inability to accept that this is an open world game on a very old console that pushes the limits.

re-read the things people are saying in here....few if anyone in here is saying its a bad looking game...the complaints are about anti-aliasing..or lackthereof. the game looks beautiful apart from that.

Looks like we have different articles saying different things. They said both then.

yea..i just checked them out...looks like some contradictory crap mate

Yeah, I'd say lol.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:16 AM Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 31 December 2013 - 03:35 AM.

It's everywhere. That's also one of the things the game has to have if they want me to buy it on PS4 (if it even releases on PS4, which I highly doubt): it has to have 1080p.

That won't fix the jaggies. 

It needs AA. I played it on my cousin's 360 (who has a 720p 30 inch tv) and the first thing I noticed was the aliasing and lack of AF.

Up close the textures are horrendously low res and muddy, the LOD makes things like peds and cars look like untextured blobs, and don't get me started on the framerate.

Even when playing IV on my PC at 1080p, the lack of AA is unbearable, so I use an ENB. 

IMO though, the best way to get rid of jaggies is downsampling, and I hope that it will be possible when the PC version of V is released.

• Thegutang and rokker_22 like this

Papi Chulo
  • Papi Chulo

Honeys & Money

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:52 AM Edited by Papi-Chulo, 31 December 2013 - 03:53 AM.

LOL No jaggies on my end bro,

Use to have em  til i f*ckeed around with the settings

Game looking like Rockstar Screens Shots on my end.

XBOX ONLY SORRY PS3

*USE DVI CORD SET DISPLAY

TO 1024 X 768 *WIDESCREEN*

*EXPANDED PICTURE 

Cardiffcitydylan
  • Cardiffcitydylan

Welsh Sheep

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:16 AM

I don't know about anyone else, but when I turned down my sharpness in my TV settings. It fixed the bad aliasing

rokker_22
  • rokker_22

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:17 AM

LOL No jaggies on my end bro,

Use to have em  til i f*ckeed around with the settings

Game looking like Rockstar Screens Shots on my end.

XBOX ONLY SORRY PS3

*USE DVI CORD SET DISPLAY

TO 1024 X 768 *WIDESCREEN*

*EXPANDED PICTURE 

lol....amazing

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:28 AM

I don't know about anyone else, but when I turned down my sharpness in my TV settings. It fixed the bad aliasing

I have sharpness on minus and it didn't help, you can't do too much if the resolution is bad

Mr Pickles
  • Mr Pickles

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:28 AM

I just smoke a blunt then boom no aliasing just bloom.

Mk-MoeX
  • Mk-MoeX

✪✪✪✪

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:29 AM

Guys the only solution is next gen, so tell R to move the FUC%KUP

rokker_22
  • rokker_22

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:51 AM Edited by rokker_22, 31 December 2013 - 08:51 AM.

actually the only solution is PC :)

Mk-MoeX
  • Mk-MoeX

✪✪✪✪

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:00 AM

You're complaining about aliasing on hardware that is 8 years old. It's going to have aliasing and plenty of it, in a open world game especially.

What in Dan Houser's ass made you think this game wouldn't have plenty of aliasing? Did you think the devs at R* North are magicians?

No, I think R* wanted loads of money so they released GTA V on old-gen because there is 150+ millions gamers, unlike next-gen 15mln

True then just when ppl stop buying it for old gens they will start selling it for next gen bunch of FU%KING greedy fu%ks

actually the only solution is PC :)

Yup

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:07 AM Edited by Osho, 31 December 2013 - 10:07 AM.

Just one more day. New year brings great news. 

Mk-MoeX
  • Mk-MoeX

✪✪✪✪

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:09 AM

Yup, but dont forget we dealing with a bunch of devils here

_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:11 AM

I see a lot of people complaining about the aliasing on this game. Maybe my tv is just so awesome that i don't see it but I'm genuinely wondering why people claim the game has that much?

Intel and Nvidia were responsible for the AA in this game and I think they did a damn good job. Turn your tv sharpness down.

To sum up, I have an awesom TV and I don't know what the hell aliasing is.

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:20 AM Edited by blakeney, 31 December 2013 - 10:21 AM.

Yup, but dont forget we dealing with a bunch of devils here

R* are great, they will give us news in the newswire at midnight tonight "BIG news on GTA coming soon"... but also like you say, they are devils, they wont actually bring us that news till March! :p

and even then it will be "BIG news really be be coming soon, no jokes now!!1" :p

Peck R. Wood
  • Peck R. Wood

rural crime lord & pastor

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:32 AM

I don't mind not-so-good graphics as long as they don't bother my gaming experience.

Unfortunately, this time around, they make my eyes hurt.

Which is a shame. 'Cos I know that I'm not experiencing the clear beauty of this title.

Oh, and texture/object popping IS a pain.

I've died I dunno how many times because a rock/car/tree/fence popped up in front on my car as I was being chased by the cops or speeding to kill some aztecas during Trevor's arms deals...

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Coded. Not stirred.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:36 AM

I have sharpness on minus and it didn't help, you can't do too much if the resolution is bad

Resolution doesn't come into play unless the game fully supports a certain aspect ratio. For example, I can make a game like GTA VC run in 1920 x 1080 and it will look awful, but adjusting the aspect ratio to 16:9 will fix the issue instantly.

backfromthestorm
  • backfromthestorm

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

The reason it went down that low is because it's a current-gen game on a next-gen console and it was very, very poorly optimized. It sticks at 30 now. It basically got straight ported and then fixed.

where did you get that information from? dr3 was confirmed by capcom to have been developed initially on high-end pc's

http://www.pro-g.co...._microsoft.html

it was ported to the xb1 from pc...not last gen consoles

DR3 was never a last gen game.

Alright Mr. Troll. Don't read my links then. Not my problem.

Why do you hate me?

Because, this is the internet.   

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:15 PM

When GTA 6 is on the PS4/X1, there will be no jaggies at all. Now we need to see what they do with the PC version of V when it comes out.

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:26 PM Edited by Dutch Psycho, 31 December 2013 - 03:40 PM.

The question shouldn't be where is it, but rather where isn't it? Game looks disgusting.

Not at night.(in the game)

I remember the days when rockstar only released screenshots and that most people said omg i can't believe how beautiful this looks and that some people said don't believe the photoshopped screenshots and then they got flamed. And look at the sad boys now. Of course rockstar misled you. Only blind fanboys thought the game looked as nice as the screenshots. But still this game looks pretty good for a big open world and old hardware.

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:29 PM Edited by madmanaz, 31 December 2013 - 03:32 PM.

1. 360 is 720p upscaled/stretched. The bigger your TV and the better the resolution the worse 360 will look.

2. PS3 always has been and will be a chunk of Japanese trash held together with Japanese spit and broken English. I have nothing nice to say here.

3. If the PC Master Race is so cool, why aren't you playing GTA 5 on PC. Oh wait, you can't.

4. Even if this game were on an X1, resolution is STILL 720P stretched. And PS4 is still just junk.

I forsee these games on X1/PS4 and you people will cry about it not looking good on a 4K TV. Or has everyone forgotton that BS already?

Mk-MoeX
  • Mk-MoeX

✪✪✪✪

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:31 PM

1. 360 is 720p upscaled/stretched. The bigger your TV and the better the resolution the worse 360 will look.

2. PS3 always has been and will be a chunk of Japanese trash held together with Japanese spit and broken English. I have nothing nice to say here.

3. If the PC Master Race is so cool, why aren't you playing GTA 5 on PC. Oh wait, you can't. KthxBai

GFYS you console fagg%t

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:34 PM

Poor Moe. I don't need to, someone does that for me. Rockstar and their CONSOLE loving company. And why? Because you PC kids will just mod and hack the game even further and I'm pretty sure Rockstar is tired of it.

Mk-MoeX
  • Mk-MoeX

✪✪✪✪

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:59 PM Edited by Mk-MoeX, 31 December 2013 - 04:16 PM.

Yeah they sure love to rip off console kids like yourself

Hacks ? hah what a f*cktard there is no PC yet and the game has already been hacked u dumb ass bit*h

Mods ? whats wrong with mods ? plus who wants to use mods with V its a perfect game maybe some small mods,we want V on PC for ultra graphics and performance better than your piece of sh*t 25 fps & 140p so STFU and GTFO

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Secretly a GTA IV fanboy

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:33 PM

You have some anger problems bro.

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:52 PM

If you don't consider that it's running on consoles which are almost 8-10 years old, you must be retarded people.

Does it matter it was made for the 360 and ps3 ,did anyone @ Rockstar play it before it was released ? Or did they expect us beta testers to play it for them ?

cldd
  • cldd

Rock On

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:58 PM

Poor Moe. I don't need to, someone does that for me. Rockstar and their CONSOLE loving company. And why? Because you PC kids will just mod and hack the game even further and I'm pretty sure Rockstar is tired of it.

Yeah, all that free advertising from the millions of modded IV PC videos is horrible. 

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:01 PM Edited by Ash_735, 31 December 2013 - 06:02 PM.

*reads thread*

*another Console Vs PC Thread*

*sees nonsense and rubbish spewed from BOTH sides*

*bitter, hatred and anger all around*

Console

edward-norton-laptop-gif.gif

PC

post-30826-Ed-Norton-laptop-close-gif-Hu

I'm done, you kids can play.

Mr Pickles
  • Mr Pickles

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:01 PM

^^^^^

He has three less hairs of stubble in the console version @_@

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:10 PM

3. If the PC Master Race is so cool, why aren't you playing GTA 5 on PC. Oh wait, you can't.

4. Even if this game were on an X1, resolution is STILL 720P stretched. And PS4 is still just junk.

I forsee these games on X1/PS4 and you people will cry about it not looking good on a 4K TV. Or has everyone forgotton that BS already?

Well no matter how much you hate "japanese products" but they are better than overpriced and overhyped American products, lmao. Your statement is contradictory lol.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

My eyes have adapted to consoles over the last 15 yrs, all games looks good to me I feel sorry for pc gamers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users