Photo

What aliasing?

112 replies to this topic
cldd
  • cldd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:17 PM

I see a lot of people complaining about the aliasing on this game. Maybe my tv is just so awesome that i don't see it but I'm genuinely wondering why people claim the game has that much?

Intel and Nvidia were responsible for the AA in this game and I think they did a damn good job. Turn your tv sharpness down.

• DeafMetal, blakeney, IveGotNoValues and 2 others like this

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:21 PM

The question shouldn't be where is it, but rather where isn't it? Game looks disgusting.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:22 PM

Move along, peolple. OP can't hear us over the sound of how awesome his tv is.

• Pico, RyanBurnsRed, Killerdude8 and 8 others like this

Mk-MoeX
  • Mk-MoeX

✪✪✪✪

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:23 PM Edited by Mk-MoeX, 30 December 2013 - 08:24 PM.

The question shouldn't be where is it, but rather where isn't it? Game looks disgusting.

its running on a piece ash*t console

• Loxley, SilverRST and Murray Bunyan like this

cldd
  • cldd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:23 PM

Now at what age did she drop you?

• SeaWallTx and paulmgrath like this

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

If your tv doesn't show aliasing it must be a piece of sh*t CRT TV. From the same generation as the piece of sh*t hardware you're running the game on.

Troll on, ya f*ckin' pleb.

• Anzand17, Showstopper 26, Android and 5 others like this

cldd
  • cldd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:28 PM

If your tv doesn't show aliasing it must be a piece of sh*t CRT TV. From the same generation as the piece of sh*t hardware you're running the game on.

Troll on, ya f*ckin' pleb.

Panasonic Plasma, also a PC gamer. Try again.

• Ultim8 Z0mb13 and AndrewDeSanta like this

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:23 PM

Ah, You must have an XBox

Distrom
  • Distrom

Sodom

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:30 PM Edited by Distrom, 30 December 2013 - 10:32 PM.

It's running on almost 10 year old hardware, what did you expect.

• Loxley likes this

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:32 PM Edited by TensaZangetsu, 30 December 2013 - 10:32 PM.

Ah, You must have an XBox

Yeah but Xbox 360 has a better GPU than PS3. See, I know my facts, even if it looks slightly better on PS3, It's only because they had a deal with Sony. PS3 only has a better CPU. 

As for the aliasing, it must be a cheap brand of TV if that's all you can see. It looks better on a small television anyways, that way you don't see all the aliasing and the game won't look as stretched with all of the pixels showing.

Thegutang
  • Thegutang

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:32 PM

What is aliasing?  The pixelation or 'jaggies' you see along the edges of polygons.

It is more noticeable in some games than others (old gen consoles in particular), and on some displays more than others.

A good PC/video card and good display removes all aliasing. GTA V cant hold a candle to Just Cause 2 PC or GTA IV PC (with ENB) in terms of graphic fidelity.

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:40 PM

This aliasing:

Z2xLHNH.png

• Anzand17, poklane and ninjaontour like this

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:42 PM

Doesn't matter. Art direction > graphics. No hardware will make this crap look good.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:45 PM

It's everywhere. That's also one of the things the game has to have if they want me to buy it on PS4 (if it even releases on PS4, which I highly doubt): it has to have 1080p.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:55 PM

This is aliased:

cleartype-coloured-fringes.gif

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:58 PM

Judging by your avatar, you're just another stupid SA fanboy.

If anything, SA looks f*cking horrible for it's time.

And for OP, yeah I agree with you, I don't see any aliasing.

• IveGotNoValues and SeaWallTx like this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:59 PM

Doesn't matter. Art direction > graphics. No hardware will make this crap look good.

I honestly do not understand how you aren't banned yet.

SonofUgly: Such a relevant username lol. As good as GTA 5 looks, the jaggies hurt my eyes.

• SmoothGetaway likes this

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:01 PM

I don't pay much attention to graphics, cause I feel like they don't always paint a prettier picture, no matter how good they are.

However, I always notice the aliasing when the back of my car has a broken window. Then I just can't get my eyes off it.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:05 PM

If you don't consider that it's running on consoles which are almost 8-10 years old, you must be retarded people.

• SilverRST likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:15 PM

If you don't consider that it's running on consoles which are almost 8-10 years old, you must be retarded people.

Of course people are considering that, does it make the jaggies any less noticeable or painful to look at knowing that info? No.

Same reason people complain about interiors, etc.

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:25 PM Edited by zielarz119, 30 December 2013 - 11:25 PM.

but OP says there is no aliasing, even in GTA IV on PC there was aliasing on 1080p because of lack of anti-aliasing (seriously I dont understand how we couldn't turn AA?!)

I don't pay much attention to graphics, cause I feel like they don't always paint a prettier picture, no matter how good they are.

However, I always notice the aliasing when the back of my car has a broken window. Then I just can't get my eyes off it.

Same here, I also need reasonable FPS

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:29 PM Edited by darkdayz, 30 December 2013 - 11:31 PM.

Yeah I don't really see the aliasing as a problem. I also see a lot of people criticising GTA V for texture popping, which is stupid, because the reality is that every single game ever released for PS3 and 360 has some form of texture popping, big or minimal. I've recently played Beyond Two Souls, which was great graphically, but the texture popping was far worse than any game I have ever played, and that was limited world space in relation to missions. So for Rockstar to keep the texture pop to as much of a minimal as possible in a massive open world like they have have, it's just a dream really. Super impressive, especially when considering factors like the overall improves textured and draw distance. There is literally nothing for them to hide when your looking at the world, it's the most exposed game ever graphically, it's light and bright, if anybody named me a game better graphically and the way it handles these graphical issues, I could guarantee that the game either isn't loading a massive open world, or imperfections are just hidden with dirty and wet environments. It handles everything very good.

• SeaWallTx, high91, mambonutz and 1 other like this

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:40 PM

but OP says there is no aliasing, even in GTA IV on PC there was aliasing on 1080p because of lack of anti-aliasing (seriously I dont understand how we couldn't turn AA?!)

Because the game was created in DX9, in order to be able to activate AA in the PC version it had to be in DX10 it was said in these forums by Rockstar Toronto, the same reason for the lousy shadows and other things. We asked them and they said wasn't possible because the game a port straight from consoles running in DX9. Hope this time it changes if the game actually is capable of DX11 like Max Payne 3.

As for the aliasing, it's more noticeable if you are close to the TV, if you play in a considerable distance you won't notice that much, also depends on the brightness of the scene. In a night scene you won't see so much, specially with all the cool reflections, but in a scenario like a sunny day in the desert you'll spot it very easy.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:41 PM

I assume you're playing on a phone screen, then? 

Running the game on a 1920 x 1080 TV (Exact same as my monitor), scaled down my 360 settings to 720p. The aliasing quite literally decimates the eyes at first. I got used to it from how long i've been looking at it. But it is of actual colossal proportions. 

I turned around, launched Black Flag on my PC and disabled all aliasing and it wasn't NEARLY as bad. And that game shares visual qualities with V HEAVILY. With some of the greens (Trees in LS) and heavy lighting effects. 

It's absolutely disgusting. If it weren't for the aliasing, I'd be praising the sh*t out of the visuals. But there IS aliasing. Metric f*cktons of it. And I can't wait to get rid of it with the PC version. 

• RyanBurnsRed, Distrom and rokker_22 like this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

a.k.a: BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:45 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 30 December 2013 - 11:57 PM.

Actually the aliasing is not that much in GTA 5 yes,there is aliasing but the beautiful graphics/visuals make up for it

Distrom
  • Distrom

Sodom

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:47 PM

A couple of months ago you were an attention whore who posted how nervous you were about irrelevant things about the game, now you changed to trolling.
I don't get why you are still here.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:48 PM

Yeah I don't really see the aliasing as a problem. I also see a lot of people criticising GTA V for texture popping, which is stupid, because the reality is that every single game ever released for PS3 and 360 has some form of texture popping, big or minimal. I've recently played Beyond Two Souls, which was great graphically, but the texture popping was far worse than any game I have ever played, and that was limited world space in relation to missions. So for Rockstar to keep the texture pop to as much of a minimal as possible in a massive open world like they have have, it's just a dream really. Super impressive, especially when considering factors like the overall improves textured and draw distance. There is literally nothing for them to hide when your looking at the world, it's the most exposed game ever graphically, it's light and bright, if anybody named me a game better graphically and the way it handles these graphical issues, I could guarantee that the game either isn't loading a massive open world, or imperfections are just hidden with dirty and wet environments. It handles everything very good.

Skyrim.

high91
  • high91

Eminem- Infinite-1996-313

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:54 PM Edited by high91, 30 December 2013 - 11:56 PM.

I play in 1366x768 on my philips 42'' using a 1.4a HDMI cable.  Full colour range (expanded) and colour space RGB..

It looks stunning on my tv.  I took the time to properly calibrate it and find the best set up for my gaming experience..and guess what.........it paid off.  GTA 5 looks next gen on my screen here :) Using a pc resolution on your HDMI tv along with proper calibration and full range...and I guarantee no one will be complaining.

Use google to do research into calibration.  Its a big thing with gaming that some people miss so easily.

• SeaWallTx and PIOCapacitor like this

JaysonVoorhees
  • JaysonVoorhees

<3 MODified

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:54 PM Edited by JaysonVoorhees, 30 December 2013 - 11:55 PM.

The aliasing is pretty annoying. Reminds me of Driver 3 back in the day.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:56 PM

A couple of months ago you were an attention whore who posted how nervous you were about irrelevant things about the game, now you changed to trolling.
I don't get why you are still here.

Goes to show how disappointed I am and how misled I feel.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users