So far there have been six protagonists since the HD era started. Out of the six, who does anyone think the most lethal or capable one is? Some do have their own strengths though, so its not really black and white.
This is my list of the most skilled to the least, IMO:
1. Niko - He is the only protag to fight in war, he had the experience to kill long before the events of IV, possibly since he was a teenager. He had military training in hand to hand, weapons, flying helis. Most importantly im sure, he is calm and clear minded, and usually keeps his head when dealing with situations.
2. Micheal - He is possibly the most skilled with a pistol, the special ability aspect stressed that it was his "thing". Seems to have a great deal of experience and wit on how things work He is good at planning as well as executing a plan according to plan. A bit greedy, it hardly hurts him though besides when using others, maybe he is even a bit manipulative, which can be either good or bad in certain cases. His biggest downfall though is his temper and maybe his age.
3. Luiz - Luiz is sort of like franklin except he has actually gotten to where franklin wanted to be, and I feel like getting off the streets helped him refine himself in terms of being effective. He seems to of learned to fight in the streets but It seems its more than "scrapping" since he used to fight underground for money and bets. He has his license to fly helicopters. He is fit, calm, young, but he might not exactly be the smartest, but i think its just cause he is young and still gaining experience in a world outside his hood.
4. Franklin- Like I said he is like luiz, but I think his skills in fighting and guns would be more sloppy since he had learned them out of the hood. Micheal even says his marksmanship needed work.He is young and has muscle and brawn so he is probably the strongest protag. He is definitely the best driver which is very important and valuable for escaping police and other threats. He is rational and street smart but once again like luiz doesnt know the world outside of his hood. He doesnt seem the smartest tactically.
5. Trevor - Ok he is a bit of a wildcard. He is unpredictable, and doesn't go down easy. He doesnt take sh*t from anyone and is the best pilot of the rest. He looks pretty scrawny, maybe from using drugs, but the drug effect of adrenalin and not feeling, help him more than anything. He had military training, but I think he gained experience of those skills once he became ex and started hustling living a life of crime. I know R* made him look all beefed up like a one man army super solider taking out communities of gangs, but I feel he is still very mortal and part of his character is nothing more than a false sense of plot armor. As wreckless as he is, Im surprised he has lived this long. Im not even sure how his special of becoming a bullet sponge is canon.
6. Johnny - I love Johnny but he just seems that he has the least to offer. During IV he was an ex-junkie, so he might not have been the strongest. Though he is tall, his fighting is probably sloppy from learning off the street. He seemed to have good experience with violence and the streets.
I think we was actually pretty smart when it came to playing the right hand at times, he knows how to hold back when he probably should. He learned to shoot from the street and from within his gang. He has a big family to back him up that he almost always rode with.
I might of missed some things or have been inaccurate, correct me if i was. Anyone let me know what you think about who may be the best.