Best HD Universe Protagonist

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic
Shade04rek
  • Shade04rek

Nothin But A Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:58 PM Edited by Shade04rek, 30 December 2013 - 08:01 PM.

So far there have been six protagonists since the HD era started. Out of the six, who does anyone think the most lethal or capable one is? Some do have their own strengths though, so its not really black and white.

This is my list of the most skilled to the least, IMO:

1. Niko - He is the only protag to fight in war, he had the experience to kill long before the events of IV, possibly since he was a teenager. He had military training in hand to hand, weapons, flying helis. Most importantly im sure, he is calm and clear minded, and usually keeps his head when dealing with situations.

2. Micheal - He is possibly the most skilled with a pistol, the special ability aspect stressed that it was his "thing". Seems to have a great deal of experience and wit on how things work He is good at planning as well as executing a plan according to plan. A bit greedy, it hardly hurts him though besides when using others, maybe he is even a bit manipulative, which can be either good or bad in certain cases. His biggest downfall though is his temper and maybe his age.

3. Luiz - Luiz is sort of like franklin except he has actually gotten to where franklin wanted to be, and I feel like getting off the streets helped him refine himself in terms of being effective. He seems to of learned to fight in the streets but It seems its more than "scrapping" since he used to fight underground for money and bets. He has his license to fly helicopters. He is fit, calm, young, but he might not exactly be the smartest, but i think its just cause he is young and still gaining experience in a world outside his hood.

4. Franklin- Like I said he is like luiz, but I think his skills in fighting and guns would be more sloppy since he had learned them out of the hood. Micheal even says his marksmanship needed work.He is young and has muscle and brawn so he is probably the strongest protag. He is definitely the best driver which is very important and valuable for escaping police and other threats. He is rational and street smart but once again like luiz doesnt know the world outside of his hood. He doesnt seem the smartest tactically. 

5. Trevor - Ok he is a bit of a wildcard. He is unpredictable, and doesn't go down easy. He doesnt take sh*t from anyone and is the best pilot of the rest. He looks pretty scrawny, maybe from using drugs, but the drug effect of adrenalin and not feeling, help him more than anything.  He had military training, but I think he gained experience of those skills once he became ex and started hustling living a life of crime. I know R* made him look all beefed up like a one man army super solider taking out communities of gangs, but I feel he is still very mortal and part of his character is nothing more than a false sense of plot armor. As wreckless as he is, Im surprised he has lived this long. Im not even sure how his special of becoming a bullet sponge is canon.

6. Johnny - I love Johnny but he just seems that he has the least to offer. During IV he was an ex-junkie, so he might not have been the strongest. Though he is tall, his fighting is probably sloppy from learning off the street. He seemed to have good experience with violence and the streets.

I think we was actually pretty smart when it came to playing the right hand at times, he knows how to hold back when he probably should. He learned to shoot from the street and from within his gang. He has a big family to back him up that he almost always rode with.

I might of missed some things or have been inaccurate, correct me if i was. Anyone let me know what you think about who may be the best.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:07 PM

None. The writing and characters have gotten worse and worse.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:08 PM

Niko to me is becoming some what overrated. I'd say Trevor is one of the best protagonists in this Era.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:09 PM

Niko to me is becoming some what overrated. I'd say Trevor is one of the best protagonists in this Era.

Niko is the worst protag of the series.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:20 PM

Niko is my favorite.

I identified with him being ex military and having never set foot in NYC myself, LC seemed big and dense and very unfamiliar. A lot like I'd see it I imagine. Mostly though, it's because he does what needs to be done, even if it's gonna suck for sure.

Franklin is my second favorite. Being that I'm from SoCal I instantly felt like I could relate to a Los Santos dude and I still feel that way. He has more ambition than any other character in my opinion and I really like that as well.

@Showstopper:

We get it ok?

Weren't you about to leave?

iIiIiI00080
  • iIiIiI00080

Rock On

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:22 PM

Yes because Cj was a very deep and meaningful character. Tommy was just another scarface. Hell, Claude didn't even talk. 

Please, tell me how the III era protagonists brought something new to the table?

• TheOtherRyan and theGTAking101 like this

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:23 PM

Moved to GTA Series Chat.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:42 PM

Niko is the best Protagonist in the series,but in the HD Era,it Franklin and Trevor

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Boss

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:59 PM

It's difficult to tell.

In GTA 5, the protagonists are filling their niches, they are thirds of a whole. I like Trevor's writing the best and i like the honesty, loyalty and energy. But he's still a dangerous psychopath.

In GTA 4 and their episodes, Luis is my favourite, because he cares for his friend (and boss), Tony. (no homo) and stays loyal to his friends.

Niko, while being a good fellow to his friends, is driven by his desire for revenge and in the beginning, every method to achieve it is right for him. So basically, Niko is a perfect killer - he doesn't ask, he does what he has to do and because of this, he gets caught in maelstrom of assasination requests he can't decline and finally it gets to the people he hold on dearly.

So i say, it's Luis for me.

GTAV112
  • GTAV112

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:18 PM

Trevor then Franklin.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:19 PM Edited by GtaIvFanboy, 03 January 2014 - 09:58 PM.

LOL A San Andreas fan  criticizing  the Writing?  :lol:

1.Niko 

2. Michael 

3.Trevor

4.Johnny k 

5.Franklin 

6.Luis  

7.Huang lee 

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:22 PM

Not much of a choice here:

1. Niko

2. Johnny

3. Michael

4. rest of the boring, uninspired, messy, unmotivated, inconsistent characters. 

• Niobium likes this

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:38 PM

Why does everybody seem to forget about Huang Lee?
  • matajuegos01 likes this

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:01 AM

Not much of a choice here:

1. Niko

2. Johnny

3. Michael

4. rest of the boring, uninspired, messy, unmotivated, inconsistent characters. 

well trevor is an unpredictable character..... so "incosistency" fits into his character

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:29 AM

1) Niko

2) Johnny

3) Michael

4) Franklin

5) Trevor

6) Luis

7) Huang Lee

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:03 AM

CJ is the worst protag of the series.

Fix'd

Judging by your avatar, all you really do here is troll.

1. Niko

2. Johnny

3. Trevor

4. Michael

5. Franklin

6. Luis

7. Huang Lee (Haven't played CTW much so I don't know much about him)

• TheOtherRyan likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:59 AM

CJ is the worst protag of the series.

Fix'd
Judging by your avatar, all you really do here is troll.

1. Niko
2. Johnny
3. Trevor
4. Michael
5. Franklin
6. Luis
7. Huang Lee (Haven't played CTW much so I don't know much about him)

Didnt play CTW either but Huang is the first Asian Protagonist in this Legendary series

G D
  • G D

RED7 ineffable arts.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:12 PM

1. Niko.
2. Michael.
3. Trevor.
4. Johnny.
5. Franklin.
6. Luis.
7. Huang Lee.

Nelson1997
  • Nelson1997

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

1 Niko
2 Michael
3 Trevor
4 Luis
5 Franklin
6 Johnny

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

1.Niko

2.Johnny

3.Trevor

4.Michael

5.Franklin

6.Luis

7.Lee

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:02 AM

1.- Niko

2.- Johnny

3.- Huang

4.- Luis

5.- Mike

6.- Franklin

7.- Trevor

SuperGTFan
  • SuperGTFan

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:06 PM

Niko
Franklin
Luis
Trevor
Johnny
Huang
Michael

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:44 PM

No need to bump a thread when we have a thread on the subject quite literally on the first page of the subforum.

http://gtaforums.com...ta-protagonist/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users