Should i get GTA: SA on PSN?

10 replies to this topic
Starvdarmy
  • Starvdarmy

Murderer

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:33 PM

So, i played GTA: SA back when i was 7 i guess, and because of my young age at the time i never completed any missions. Now i'm older and i love pretty much every single GTA game i've played (Vice City, IV, TBoGT, TLaTD, V). I want to know, is it worth it?

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:44 PM

It sure worth it only downside is graphics especially if you didnt play ps2 games for a long time. For $15 you got alot of fun and game time ( atleast 30hours ). 

FluttermaidGTA
  • FluttermaidGTA

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:13 AM Edited by FluttermaidGTA, 31 December 2013 - 12:13 AM.

Personally, I would get it for PC. While i'm typing this, it is currently $3.74 on Steam due to the winter sale. It's 100x better than the console version (tad better graphics, nice free aim, etc.) Also you couldn't participate in the Chain Game without the PC version now could you ;)

Starvdarmy
  • Starvdarmy

Murderer

• Members
  • England

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:21 AM

Personally, I would get it for PC. While i'm typing this, it is currently $3.74 on Steam due to the winter sale. It's 100x better than the console version (tad better graphics, nice free aim, etc.) Also you couldn't participate in the Chain Game without the PC version now could you ;)

Don't have a PC (i have a laptop but its nowhere near powerfull enough to run GTA SA, it lags when i'm playing flash games.)

It sure worth it only downside is graphics especially if you didnt play ps2 games for a long time. For $15 you got alot of fun and game time ( atleast 30hours ).

Graphics don't bother me, i still play some PS2 games today. And is 30 hours all? In GTA 5 i just hit the 100 hour mark across all 3 characters (Franklin is my most played, with 106 hours, followed by trevor with 103, and then lastly Michael, with 100).

In GTA SA it has a really developed stat system right?

DragonViper
  • DragonViper

100% Nerd

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:36 PM

You should definitely get it.  Before GTA V came out, SA was my favorite.  The graphics are dated, as is the engine of course, but it sounds like you play mostly for the story, and the San Andreas story is awesome.

I got SA for the iPad this Christmas.  Must have put in 15 hours and it's great to return to CJ and Grove Street.

calearne
  • calearne

GTAO is a complete abomination compared to GTA IV multiplayer.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:59 AM Edited by calearne, 04 January 2014 - 07:00 AM.

I got it almost for free for pre-ordering the digital version of V.

The graphics look like turd on my 55'' TV though.

For those who play PS3 at their desk with a small monitor I'm sure it would look way better.

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:34 PM

i don't know about sa but i bougt vice city stories for ps3 and it was pretty bad. graphics were obviously worse than the psp version and even fps were pretty low overall. rockstar is bullsh*t when it comes to porting i'm not touching anything from rockstar games unless its its original platform from now on

Dap300
  • Dap300

GTA III, VC

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:41 PM

Def get it! Just remember to activate anti-aliasing every time you play in other configs

Лёшенька
  • Лёшенька

KGB agent

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:50 AM Edited by Лёшенька, 24 December 2014 - 09:09 PM.

I played SA a few times on my brother's PS, and I have to say I liked PS2 graphics better. They are very orangey and there's a nice blur to everything, something you can't have on PC easily. But I am a PC gamer myself.

I'd say buy it for sure, you won't regret. Depending how well you know the game though, it is best to play it if you don't know the map. Then the story works really well.

redkill160
  • redkill160

DM King

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:08 AM

SA is the sh*ttttt!!! Get it on whatever you can, as in my opinion it is that good. played it for soooooo long, now im all on V as I got it on christmas. Before that tho SA was my jam any time I could play something. Its truly amazing in every aspect.

Drake Johnson
  • Drake Johnson

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:35 AM Edited by Drake Johnson, 09 January 2014 - 01:37 AM.

No, get it for PC instead! Unless you just plan on completing it, messing around for a little while, and then never playing it again.. Then sure, get the PSN version

And what a weird place to ask this question

NO, don't buy it.. the game is absolute rubbish, utter pile of pog pit! Don't buy it whatever u do, buy gta v instead, V better, better graphics

<end sarcasm>..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users