» «

How was 2013 for you?

67 replies to this topic
  • GTA36362355

moving before it's dead

• None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:41 PM Edited by deepthroatgta6, 30 December 2013 - 06:41 PM.

Another year comes to an end so why not take a moment to think about how it went for you?

For me, the first few months went great. I got my bachelors degree, went for a trip to Goa, started earning good, enjoyed everything I did generally.
May to November, not really that great. Career pressure, relationship issues, tough times in business, tiffs with friends.
December has been a healer though. Things are finally coming back to how they should be. Overall, the year was a ride.

How was it for you?

• universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:46 PM

It was alright. Got some good bits, like planning the future and moving to a new house. Still had some bad bits though, like losing some friends and the drunken antics of my mom.

I hope 2014 is splendid, though.

• Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:47 PM

It was literally one of the most boring, uneventful years of my life. Seriously. The only memorable moment for me was the death of Mandela. That's it.

Next year's gonna be better. Big things happening :cool:

Gray Wolf
  • Gray Wolf

• None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:50 PM Edited by Gray Wolf, 30 December 2013 - 06:52 PM.

Absolutely terrible. This by far was the most f*cked up year for me.

Thank god for 2014 I say :)

• theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:51 PM

It is 1392 by my calendar.

• Marwin

We'll move out to Manhattan, and fill the place with friends

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Norway
  • Contribution [Music]

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:51 PM

Pretty much the same story as you;

January-february: Had a nice relationship with a girl in class, but she broke up in late february

March-June: One of her friends starts hanging out with me, and we become a couple in early march. In june I get sinusitis, which combined with heavy allergies has me bed-ridden for a month+

July-August: Relaxing. Got a 5 week vacation from work :)

September: She breaks up with me and it all goes to sh*t, combined with school grades failing. My idiot older sister starts alienating herself from the family, and we become more and more distant (this is still going on)

October: I flunk several tests, but my musical talent(I study music) drastically increases

November: I see a psych for depression, but decide on my own not to go forth with it.

December: I think I'm over her, my grades have begun to ascend, and I've made many new friends (Including males, I inexplicably have trouble relating to/befriending those of the same gender as me).

To summarize, I'd say it is comparable with a rollercoaster. It's been very up-and-down, but in the end, I feel it's been a good year :) I've gained many friends, learned many new things, and overall become a better person. on the downside though, I loathe myself, and I'm single. I despise one of my 3 sisters as well :whuh:

• RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:57 PM

Until summer was okay, a bit disappointing maybe. The rest of the year was quite boring...

• Řåvęń

u don goof'd

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

It went better than 2012. Felt like a new start.

V was releasing, was a good year for games (last of us, bio shock. AC IV)

Moved to a new house, which was dissapointing cuz I miss my old home :(

• RiaJay21

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:20 PM

Better than 2012 by a long shot. 2012, a year in which family members died, were seriously ill in hospital and were born severely premature. All in the space of 2 months. 

2013, it's been stressful. We've all been working long hours, several jobs at once and are none the richer for it. And finding a job wasn't easy to begin with. But it's been a year of new starts, too, for me and for most of my friends - new jobs, new houses, new relationships, a couple people got married this year, at least one has had a baby, and there's something very, very big on the horizon. The summer was warm enough and I finally gained enough confidence to go out and actually have some fun. Turned 21 this year which was amazing, and I rediscovered a few things from my childhood that cheered me up greatly.

Not the worst of years all told. Not the best, either, but you win some you lose some. Hopefully 2014 will be a good one; and apparently, there's a new moon, I believe, tomorrow night, so a real fresh start if that kind of thing interests anyone.

• orbitalraindrops

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:42 PM

end of 2012 was quality. So was end of 2013. Rest has been shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:02 PM

January - February: Don't remember.

March - June: I slept like 3-4 hours every night, and therefore I was really tired and grumpy at school. This was the worst, but also the most fun time this year (I don't know how to explain it).

End of June - Middle of August: Boring ass summer. Nothing to do, and nowhere to go. All of my friends was travelling while I was stuck at home, being on GTAforums.

End of August - Middle of December: Not really much to say about this semester at school. My grades got better because I got to sleep a lot more, and I went to NYC a week in November.

Now: I'm preparing for a lot of fireworks tomorrow :)

I hope 2014 will be better, and I think it will be, because I'm going to start training. I've been really lazy this year.

• bread

Nutrition Facts not needed

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

A good year. Not a bad year, not a too good year but it's the year when I've done much better in school. Now I'm getting straight A's in all AP and honors classes and I'm gonna keep it that way in 2014. I'm doing so much better as opposed to freshman year.

• BarelyLegal

You're a cünt.

• United-Kingdom

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

I lost my virginity at the age of 20, better late than never. It went from having no sex, to f*cking two girls in the space of a couple of weeks. Nothing to brag about, though. First girl was mental and disloyal, second girl is mental but loyal. I love her, but man we argue a lot. Let's hope 2014 changes that!

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Bloody Ungrateful 2016

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:17 PM

In a word, sh*t. I picked up cigarettes again, started drinking like it's my occupation, and lost a few friends due to my own stupidity. On top of that. I found out that two different family members are suffering extremely painful and lethal forms of cancer--lung and liver cancer--and are more than likely going to die in the not-so-distant future. I think it's fair to say this past year has made me more bitter than ever.

• Node

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:25 PM

It was sh*t, utter sh*t.

• iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:35 PM

Getting my first ever job.....

Other than that, nothing new.

• Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:55 PM Edited by Andreas, 30 December 2013 - 08:57 PM.

2013 was definitely a great year for me. It was certainly better than I expected, and I achieved more than I was aiming for. The first year of technical college ended and I managed to improve all my grades in the subjects where I used to be at risk, and the second year started in September. I'm a lot better in school now, and a lot more motivated to learn. Also gained some new friends. There is nothing I could complain about. But, I'm nevertheless looking forward to 2014 and hope that things will keep getting better!

• I<3GTAV

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:04 PM

Bad, my Social Anxiety continues to worsen, and my grades are falling rapidly. Other than that, pretty boring. The only two eventful things that happened was that I went to Seattle, and entered high school.

• Scaglietti

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:12 PM

2013 was so and so. For my car interest, this year was the bomb. But for everything else, it was almost painfully boring. Better than 2011 and 2010 by a long shot for me, but I missed how awesome 2012 was. 2012 started out awfully but by June things took a turn for the better. And now, in 2013, I am friggin bored. :(

• Target13

Beyond Creativity®

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

One of the best years...YET.

• DAWeeE1

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:58 PM

2013 has been pretty good. Uneventful though, almost certainly unlike 2014 which will be the year I graduate high school, get a real job, and begin higher education.

• Danz.

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:00 PM

It could not have been worse.

If it was, I wouldn't be writing this right now.

• Node likes this

• trip

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:05 PM

I picked up cigarettes again

Damn dude, sorry to hear that one. I'm celebrating my first year of being cigarette free after having been a serious smoker for oh so many years... I know the grip they have.

Nothing exciting nor bad happened around me during 2013. Pretty much just another year gone by.

It is straight up crazy to think we are going into 2014. It just sounds like such a made up future year that you'd read in an old science fiction novel.
  • 刀 likes this

• DAWeeE1

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:19 PM

2014 does seem like quite an extraordinary year. But that could be because there will be a lot things happening to me and my surroundings, both directly and undirectly,

• gn1992

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:23 PM

It was great

business is great

i got my new car

my family goals were reached

everything is fine thank god

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:30 PM

2013 was positive.

started a new job making more money, new health insurance, girlfriend got a new car, everybody's healthy.

2014: the pressure is on YOU.

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

I'm not good with people, but at least I'm not a racist

• United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:32 PM

DJ Arrt
  • DJ Arrt

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:55 PM

Ehh, it was one of the better years.

I became more childish, which isn't that bad, I got my first girlfriend/kiss (but she broke up over text), my grade in math slipped hard, and I started smoking weed again, which I keep telling myself I'm gonna quit, but never do.

Can't compare to 06' though.

• Banks.

Only Built 4 Cuban Linx

• The Yardies
  • Colombia
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:24 PM

I'm not going to bore people with details so I'll keep it short and sweet.

f*cking sh*te year. Hoping 2014 will be better.

• Failure

Gone for now.

• None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:26 PM

Absolutely terrible.

Couldn't agree more, absolutely awful year.

Can't see 2014 being much good either, but with all the horrors of today's world I'm thankful to just be alive I guess.

Nice avatar by the way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users