Photo

was north yankton ever patched?

20 replies to this topic
Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:16 PM Edited by Bozzah, 30 December 2013 - 06:27 PM.

Currently, I'm looking for a solution of a problem that makes GTA V UNPLAYABLE for me. After 5 minutes of gameplay my game freezes, but only if I don't play the prologue on north yankton.

this is why I would like to know if there have ever been actual changes on that map.

I know that they tried to fix the bug where you could get to north yankton but this wouldn't be a change on the map itself.

this is what is preventing me of playing the game since one week! first, some small details start being displayed badly, for example really bad textures on a grass area. then some trees begin to be blurred, more of the textures become blurred, animations start missing (swimming, entering cars, shooting etc), the phone becomes bugged, the start menu doesn't load up, it just keeps loading when I press START, and at the end, the game freezes completely and all I can do is ejecting the disc or pressing the power button. this can be forced by moving faster through the map.

x29deg.jpg
fwshvk.jpg
qmxhkl.jpg

This ONLY happens on the Los Santos map, in North Yankton, I could play for hours on that map and nothing would happen.

This makes me think that there must be a problem for SOME PS3 consoles and some patched files. I am not sure though, nor do I have some special skills in programming, it's just that I tried almost everything software-wise. the only thing that's left for me is to start replacing some hardware, but before I do that, I would like to know if it's just the patch, I would contact Rockstar then. (I don't expect much help from them so I  keep this as the last option)

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

Sooooo...

...you start a new game multiple times a day or something?

You don't have a saved game that you play??

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:49 PM

OP is a liar, he's just playing GTA V on his PSX.

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:51 PM Edited by Bozzah, 30 December 2013 - 07:24 PM.

Sooooo...

I do, but I was just trying to figure out how, when and why my game freezes.

Usually my game freezes after 5 minutes at max., but when I play on north yankton, everything is fine. and the easiest way for me to paly on north yankton is to play the prologue

OP is a liar, he's just playing GTA V on his PSX.

and I'm jamming the disc up my asscrack, right.

u so funneh ololoollol

but from those pics, one could actually assume it's being emulated on my sh*tty laptop :D

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:53 PM

Sooooo...

I do, but I was just trying to figure out how, when and why my game freezes.

Usually my game freezes after 5 minutes at max., but when I play on north yankton, everything is fine. and the easiest way for me to paly on north yankton is to play the prologue

I'll tell you this,

After last patch, everytime i tried to load a savegame, it would freeze.

The only thing that fixed this was to go to where your savegames are stored and delete the 'profile save'

Start up the game again and all was back to normal. Make sure you do not delete a normal save, just the profile save.

Alien
  • Alien

Go then; There are other worlds than these.

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
  • Second Best Alien

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:10 PM

All I can say is "Yes, they did patch the glitch that allowed players to go to North Yankton."

Dumb question.... did you uninstall/reinstall?

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:13 PM Edited by Bozzah, 30 December 2013 - 07:17 PM.

I already tried deleting certain files

Restored the system several times

re-installed the game

only deleted the patch..

nothing helped, this is why I think it must be something with the patch itself or a hardware issue :/

I just don't understand why I can play the prologue on north yankton normally but as soon as I proceed in the story, even the cutscenes are glitched.

for example the first cutscene after Michael was at that psychiatrist's, the one that shows you the beauty of Los Santos, things are blurred, some things aren't even leoaded (Lamar isn't there even though Michael is stalking to him :D)

Once I tried swimming but as soon as the character should have switched from the walking animation to the swimming animation, he just died without any message ("wasted") and the screen remained black xD

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:16 PM

re-installed the game

only deleted the patch..

nothing helped 

Don't be shocked, but your laser/lens might be filthy or wearing out. If all your games start to behave like this and or you get freezing and/or booting up problems, your lens might be needing a replacement.

If its really only this game.. check if the disc is filthy or damaged...

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:20 PM Edited by Bozzah, 30 December 2013 - 07:24 PM.

re-installed the game

only deleted the patch..

nothing helped 

Don't be shocked, but your laser/lens might be filthy or wearing out. If all your games start to behave like this and or you get freezing and/or booting up problems, your lens might be needing a replacement.

tried blu ray movies, tried GTA IV, no issues at all!

and I don't think that GTA V is so "hard" to read since it's only a single layer disc....

and by the way, I don't think anything can shock me beside making this game run normally again XD

ShadeShow
  • ShadeShow

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:29 PM

take it back and exchange it.

Most anypplace that sells games from my experiance will allow you to trade it for the exact same game. Just say it doesnt work. At least then you will know if it was the disc the whole time.\

Walmart will let you swap for sure with no reciept.

Alien
  • Alien

Go then; There are other worlds than these.

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
  • Second Best Alien

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:31 PM

take it back and exchange it.

Most anypplace that sells games from my experiance will allow you to trade it for the exact same game. Just say it doesnt work. At least then you will know if it was the disc the whole time.\

Walmart will let you swap for sure with no reciept.

I was about to suggest that.  Same game swap-out should be easy, and if it doesn't fix it you'll know you have a hardware issue.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:35 PM

re-installed the game

only deleted the patch..

nothing helped 

tried blu ray movies, tried GTA IV, no issues at all!

and I don't think that GTA V is so "hard" to read since it's only a single layer disc....

and by the way, I don't think anything can shock me beside making this game run normally again XD

Doesn't matter if its dual or single layerd, First game start to play less good, loading errors ect, then when games barely boot up, movies will start to get all jaggy, lack frame rate and or get playing errors.

And then the laser/lens just dies. Its a long progress but certainly likely. But thats not to bad, as you can replace those yourself pretty easy.

PS do you have a slim or a fatty?

Swapping discs however is a good option to. 

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:45 PM Edited by Bozzah, 30 December 2013 - 07:46 PM.

it's a slim (CECH 2504A)

it's just really weird that I can play gta iv , play blu ray movies and gta v prologue without problems...

the game also loads the first cutscene with Michael at that psychiatrist's.

but everything after that is just f*cked up

another  thing is that it's always the same things that don't load properly, I paid attention this time. Gonna try the disc of my brother, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow...

bloodshed344
  • bloodshed344

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:09 PM

I somehow doubt this is a disc problem.   It sounds like to me, the game is thinking you're in North Yankton all the time.  That would explain why it behaves fine while LS is completely low res and missing almost everything.  If you notice, in GTA V when you get farther away from something the game draws that object with less detail.  I think it is drawing all the area around you (LS) in less detail because the game thinks you are in North Yankton.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:23 PM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 30 December 2013 - 08:24 PM.

In that case removing the Profile save file, start a new game and then load up again After playing through the intro/first Franklin mission, should fix the loading North Yankton glitch.

Just in case, Try if you can put in the buzzard cheat and fly to North Yankton. See if that is fully loaded.

Also: Create a new profile account on your PS3 and boot up GTA V there, see what happens. You can just remove the profile after testing.

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:35 PM

Do you have any friends that have a copy of the game, maybe ask them to come over to yours and try their copy on your machine or you goto theirs and try your copy on their machine?

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:35 PM Edited by Bozzah, 30 December 2013 - 08:36 PM.

I somehow doubt this is a disc problem.   It sounds like to me, the game is thinking you're in North Yankton all the time.  That would explain why it behaves fine while LS is completely low res and missing almost everything.  If you notice, in GTA V when you get farther away from something the game draws that object with less detail.  I think it is drawing all the area around you (LS) in less detail because the game thinks you are in North Yankton.

The problem is that the game is in full resolution when I load it up. For example when I join online mode, everything seems to be normal.

When I start moving away from the loaded destination, things are getting f*cked up :(

In that case removing the Profile save file, start a new game and then load up again After playing through the intro/first Franklin mission, should fix the loading North Yankton glitch.

Just in case, Try if you can put in the buzzard cheat and fly to North Yankton. See if that is fully loaded.

Also: Create a new profile account on your PS3 and boot up GTA V there, see what happens. You can just remove the profile after testing.

I tried that, but the problem is that I cannot even fly that far without crashing :)

I also doubt that the game somehow thinks I am in North Yankton...  I still think it has something to do with the 1.08 Patch and my PS not being able to handle something from it, and this something is located in Los Santos thus I am able to play the prologue in North Yankton, since the game doesn't load that something from Los Santos....

sounds really weird but hey, I wouldn't be surprised, I am lucky in such things like having really weird bugs with my electronics :D

I contacted Rockstar support... I think I will post their answer when it arrives, so see you next month guys :p

Do you have any friends that have a copy of the game, maybe ask them to come over to yours and try their copy on your machine or you goto theirs and try your copy on their machine?

Will try that tomorrow with my brother's disc and ps3 

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:40 PM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 30 December 2013 - 08:40 PM.

The problem is that the game is in full resolution when I load it up. For example when I join online mode, everything seems to be normal.

When I start moving away from the loaded destination, things are getting f*cked up :(

I tried that, but the problem is that I cannot even fly that far without crashing :)

I also doubt that the game somehow thinks I am in North Yankton...  I still think it has something to do with the 1.08 Patch and my PS not being able to handle something from it, and this something is located in Los Santos thus I am able to play the prologue in North Yankton, since the game doesn't load that something from Los Santos....

sounds really weird but hey, I wouldn't be surprised, I am lucky in such things like having really weird bugs with my electronics :D

I contacted Rockstar support... I think I will post their answer when it arrives, so see you next month guys :p

Will try that tomorrow with my brother's disc and ps3 

The reason i asked about you having a slim or fat is because of this:

http://support.rocks...-loading-screen

Many people seem to have to deal with all sorts of loading problems even since the last few patches. Most of them @ PS3 slim systems.

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:46 PM Edited by Bozzah, 30 December 2013 - 08:47 PM.

Yes I found that too, but those guys complain about getting stuck at loading screens, this happened to me maybe 10 times since I play GTA (playing it from the beginning so that didn't happen really often...)

But I also don't think that I have an unique problem... who knows

I will know more tomorrow, when I try  switching the discs with my brother, but I highly doubt it's a disc error OR laser error, since it works perfectly for both other games and blu ray movies... plus that prologue thing... 

Argh, I just want to wreak havoc in GTA again!!!

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:31 PM

15q3yq0.jpg

• Bozzah likes this

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:56 AM Edited by Bozzah, 31 December 2013 - 03:17 AM.

I was just watching some patchnotes and I think I found something... the snow! (holyday gift)

I just found in another forum that a guy with the same ps3 model like me has the exact same problem.

Maybe the snow is still supposed to be all over Los Santos, but it isn't, and this may cause some issues...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users