Quantcast

» «
Photo

[PLUG|OS] Widescreen HOR+ Support

93 replies to this topic
Wesser
  • Wesser

The complexity simplifier, the efficiency optimizer.

• Feroci
  • Unknown
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:05 PM Edited by Wesser, 13 January 2014 - 02:07 PM.

So you're repositioning the crosshair? If so, IMO keeping it centered and instead altering CCamera::Find3rdPersonCamTargetVector function would be a better idea.

Nope, it was my first thought not turned out well, then I forgot to update the readme. :p As you can see in the source, I hooked all of the CCamera.m_fZoomFactor dependencies involved into a computation together with fAspectRatio.

Could you perhaps add an option to turn off the increased FoV? (this is for SA-MP since the extra FoV f*cks up yours and other players hitboxes, kind of giving you an unfair advantage.)

Yes, I could add the forcestaticfov command when commandline.txt will be featured.

I wonder if there is any way to make the weapon slot as a perfect square

The same goes here. I might add the stretchwslot command, even though it would mean sacrifying the size of the HUD time.

One more thing - I'm using the original vorbisfile.dll and vorbishooked.dll and assuming this is correct (as the mod and game wouldn't be working otherwise)? I remember for past widescreen mods that had an .asi extension, that I was required to download new vorbis files that were under the name of an ".asi loader".

I apologize, I forgot to specify in the readme that an ASI Loader (no matter which one) must be installed in order to run this mod. :^:

It happens in the map too but at the top of the screen and borders/outline, it kind of "glitches out". You can see a small part of the game's background/scenery through these horizontal and vertical lines that are not blackened by the pause screen and moving the map around with the mouse reveals this fact more - you can see upcoming parts of the map or parts not blackened out basically. This happens in all the menus of the pause menu.

It's been known (take a look at the second entry of the TO-DO LIST). DirectX9 and earlier versions have this multi-sampling bug. R* hid it by oversizing the background sprite which now lacks of useless pixels, therefore you can see also the game scene behind.

there's a slight "jump" on the screen after you're wasted. It doesn't always happen, it's more often when you die by an explosion or by being shot.

Are you sure it is not a game fault? Sounds like it happens even without my mod installed. Very odd. :p
  • uncredited and ashley slow like this

Lucky4LeafClover
  • Lucky4LeafClover

Crackhead

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:23 AM

Thanks man for the help. I seriously thought I was going mad as I had used an .asi loader before (and forgot it was still in my old PC's files), played it on another PC without the .asi loader... and wasn't getting the widescreen resolutions.

Anyway - using Silent's .asi loader 1.1 and all good.

Zera
  • Zera

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:50 AM

Bug report, the widescreen setting in the menu isn't saving anymore. I have to change it to 'on' every time I start the game, so the cutscenes won't have black borders on them.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:27 PM

Bug report, the widescreen setting in the menu isn't saving anymore. I have to change it to 'on' every time I start the game, so the cutscenes won't have black borders on them.

I can confirm, are you going to fix it, Wesser? But the main reason i'm writing this post is to request a mirror for a download link, since GTAGarage is extremely unreliable these days.

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:11 AM

Hello Wesser, I have found a big problem with your widescreen fix. If you reach a very high speed – approximately from 480 kph – the game is crashing. You will see only a  “Please Wait Loading” screen and you’ve to restart. It will be awesome if you can fix this problem soon because I like to fly with supersonic velocity through San Andreas.

• Nights744 likes this

Nights744
  • Nights744

jochuan - Never forget!

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:23 PM Edited by Nights744, 09 July 2014 - 03:20 PM.

I have also some bug reports:

1. I get the sky bug mentioned earlier, too (16:9):

2db69a337852688.jpg

2: When playing on a 4:3 resolution/aspect ratio and getting into the controls menu:

4c4d1d337851799.jpg

829232337851802.jpg

3. 14600 is right:

Hello Wesser, I have found a big problem with your widescreen fix. If you reach a very high speed – approximately from 480 kph – the game is crashing. You will see only a  “Please Wait Loading” screen and you’ve to restart. It will be awesome if you can fix this problem soon because I like to fly with supersonic velocity through San Andreas.

This is what he means:

740717337854271.jpg

4. two dimensional sky objects disappear (only on my 4:3 screen):

With wshps.asi:

caf501337863333.jpg

Without wshps.asi:

95692c337863341.jpg

I tested everything very deeply on two different computers. A new one with Windows 7 and 16:9 screen @ 1366x768x32 and the other one with Windows XP and 4:3 screen @ 1024x768x32.

Zapfy
  • Zapfy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:48 AM

Hi. I'm using this in SAMP. I get a weird graphical crash if I go too fast or use some teleports (Only 1 I've found so far)

raslrGM.png

I know it wasn't built for SAMP, but is there a fix for this? Thanks.

inadequate
  • inadequate

Midnight Emulator

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:36 AM

I can confirm, are you going to fix it, Wesser?

Sorry for the bump, but I have the same issue, are you going to fix it sometime?

Snowshoe
  • Snowshoe

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2014 - 09:05 AM

Hi. I'm using this in SAMP. I get a weird graphical crash if I go too fast or use some teleports (Only 1 I've found so far)

raslrGM.png

I know it wasn't built for SAMP, but is there a fix for this? Thanks.

You need to recompile with thirteenAG's fixes: https://github.com/T...fix/dllmain.cpp

//crash fixes
CPatch::SetUChar(0x57F884 + 1, 0x08);
CPatch::SetUChar(0x57FAE9, 0x14);
CPatch::SetUInt(0x57FAF3, 0x456A006A);
CPatch::SetUChar(0x57FAF7, 0x8B);
CPatch::SetUShort(0x57FD02, 0xFF68);
//high speed bug
CPatch::SetUChar(0x574252, 0x3B);
CPatch::SetUInt(0x574253, 0xD90875C7);

CPatch found here: https://github.com/T...cludes/CPatch.h

erdemtekin
  • erdemtekin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2014 - 12:32 PM

Can you make this FİX for GTA SAN ANDREAS STEAM VERSİON.  :barf:

Reyks
  • Reyks

Valar Morghulis

• Feroci
  • Brazil
  • Helpfulness Awards [Mods]

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:19 PM

Have you found a way to fix that frame limiter bug? I'm not complaining about the mod or anything, but seriously this needs to be updated.

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Not using Cinematic FPS

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:24 PM

Have you found a way to fix that frame limiter bug? I'm not complaining about the mod or anything, but seriously this needs to be updated.

Yep this is only bug preventing me from using this. I still wonder why is it touching the settings at all.

Reyks
  • Reyks

Valar Morghulis

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:34 PM

A temporary fix for that bug would be using Stream Ini Extender and adding the line "framelimit 105". Then just go ingame and turn on the frame limiter, you will get 60 fps.

mirh
  • mirh

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:51 PM Edited by mirh, 04 November 2014 - 02:20 PM.

What bug are you talking about? The usual physics weirdness you always have with >30 FPS?

I'm sorry but even silent itself doesn't know which way to turn... and even though I think this year has been the most productive ever...

But even mobile/xbox ports run @30 fps and they are not going to help. And as stated many times this is a deep, deep, deep, deep problem hardcoded in the game

Besides, there's no way to externally fix this problem. Even if I try to force 35FPS cap something always gets wrong

Ok nvm

Zera
  • Zera

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 03 November 2014 - 11:54 PM

You have to use ThirteenAG's plugin in combination with Wesser's to fix that. Wesser isn't going to fix his own plugin anytime soon.

Reyks
  • Reyks

Valar Morghulis

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:25 AM

What bug are you talking about? The usual physics weirdness you always have with >30 FPS?

Nope it's not that bug, everytime you die or get busted(even in cutscenes i guess) the frame limiter turns on for some reason. Wesser is aware of the issue but hasn't fixed it yet.

You have to use ThirteenAG's plugin in combination with Wesser's to fix that. Wesser isn't going to fix his own plugin anytime soon.

Hmm, does it actually fix it? I am using his plugin but haven't tested if it actually fixes the bug.

Zera
  • Zera

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:59 AM

Nope it's not that bug, everytime you die or get busted(even in cutscenes i guess) the frame limiter turns on for some reason. Wesser is aware of the issue but hasn't fixed it yet.

Hmm, does it actually fix it? I am using his plugin but haven't tested if it actually fixes the bug.

I thought you were talking about something else, actually. I didn't know about this bug, since I always leave the frame limiter on.

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Not using Cinematic FPS

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:58 AM Edited by Blackbird88, 04 November 2014 - 05:58 AM.

If I start new game then first place it happens to me is when Sweet splits up from the rest. And like StrafeBolt said it's happening randomly in some cutscenes.

Androll
  • Androll

Za gl ja.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:02 PM

Heathaze effect is missing when i use wshps.asi. Is it a bug or feature?

haZh
  • haZh

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Sri-Lanka

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:33 AM

Hello Wesser,

I have an old onboard Intel X4500 gpu and both singleplayer and SAMP works fine, but the maximum resolution I was able to reach was 1024x768 which wasn't my native system resolution. With your widescreen fix I was able to get a proper native 1280x720 widescreen resolution without any menu and hud stretching issues. In single player this mod seems to be working, but I didn't see some original game effects like "heathaze". In SAMP, I get these graphical bugs when I drive my car at extremely high speeds, changing interiors like, getting inside a building(using pickups) or exiting, or even teleporting to someone or some place. Is there anyway to fix this?

game settings:

res.png

SAMP bug:

bug.png

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:37 AM

Download WS fix from here http://gtaforums.com...een-fixes-pack/(don't delete wesser's one) and it should be fixed

haZh
  • haZh

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Sri-Lanka

Posted 22 November 2014 - 11:09 AM

Download WS fix from here http://gtaforums.com...een-fixes-pack/(don't delete wesser's one) and it should be fixed

Thank you Tomasak! I will try that too. Also I kinda' liked that Wesser's way of widescreen fix. just one file, clean and neat, you are good to go..

WeedSR
  • WeedSR

newfag

• New Members
  • Russia

Posted 29 November 2014 - 09:49 AM

Heathaze effect is missing when i use wshps.asi. Is it a bug or feature?

Sure, Its a bug.
I just want to remind you Wesser about this strange issue.

ashley slow
  • ashley slow

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 December 2014 - 09:01 AM

hi. Wesser  :)
gta iv hud radar Position bug.
Can you fix?

c3fe46376573868.jpg

uncredited
  • uncredited

Midnight Marauder

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2014 - 09:14 PM

I don't know if this problem comes directly from yours or from the mobile fonts mod. It seems that there is too much space after the "respect" bar.

zbv9jS1.jpg

How may I fix it? Thanks.

ashley slow
  • ashley slow

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:29 AM

OG LOC missions [ MADD DOGG'S RHYMES ] Game goes down.
Specifically, The Game goes down when went into the mad dogg House.

Wesser
  • Wesser

The complexity simplifier, the efficiency optimizer.

• Feroci
  • Unknown

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:21 AM

Keep reporting bugs if you find any. I did not answer your replies simply because I wasn't going to fix the bugs at the time your reports took place. Quoting myself from another topic:

I will update it when I will be up for redefining the functions name of my source code with the original definitions, deadline is undefined.

So, no news about WSHPS sadly but I'm going to show off something which is somehow linked to (related to the FOV-dependent sky rendering). I got rid of the awful sky bandings which make the gradient looking blocky thanks to dithering: a randomized grain raster is sampled and each pixel is taken as a threshold to choose whether to dither or not to dither when the integer rounding would inevitably compromise the linearity of the color interpolation. In the most simple terms, pixels are perturbed by an indiscernible noise to fill the areas of the same color resulting from the impossibility to represent them due to the insufficient bit depth, in order to divert your eyes from this lack. Originally, as the resolution rises and the contrast between the two interpolated colors decreases the bug becomes more noticeable but now there shouldn't be such inconvenient anymore or at least not so visible as before:

hth1c0.jpgszegw1.jpg

No correction

Dithering enabled

Download SkyGrad here.
  • Jestic, Gramps, Blackbird88 and 23 others like this

TJGM
  • TJGM

Politically correct.

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:29 AM

Absolutely amazing, great work Wesser. Any plans to make your own thread for this?

• snoops26 likes this

Reyks
  • Reyks

Valar Morghulis

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:31 AM

M1DdSo6.gif

• Gramps, -Quantum- and snoops26 like this

Jestic
  • Jestic