Widescreen HOR+ Support v1.0.2
GTA San Andreas modification
1. MODIFICATION OVERVIEW
This GTA San Andreas modification implements the "Hor+ widescreen" support adopted by most of the games released after 2005. Originally, the game uses a variant of the "Anamorphic widescreen" method through which the vertical and horizontal FOV (Field Of View) are respectively fixed to 70 and ~55 degrees, while the AR (Aspect Ratio) is stuck to either 4:3 or 16:10 when the "Widescreen" option is enabled under the "Display Setup" menu. On the other hand, the Hor+ scaling assumes that the VFOV is fixed, whereas HFOV and AR change according to the current screen resolution. Unlike other "fixes" (in quotation marks, as they are actually more than a fix), it does proper and accurate calculations.
Unzip the content of the "rel" folder under the game directory:
Below are listed all game executable versions whereon the operation of this modification is fully certified:
- gta_sa.exe v1.0 US (HOODLUM, 14.383.616b);
- gta_sa.exe v1.0 EU (HOODLUM, 14.386.176b).
I would discourage the use of such library on any other game executable, otherwise unexpected crashes or glitches may occur.
Use this library at your own risk and be aware I won't be responsible for any damage provoked on your pc.
5. KNOWN BUGS
This library is incomplete, therefore you might encounter some bugs which are unknown at the moment. Feel free to report them anyway.
6. CHANGELOG HISTORY
- 12/31/2013 (v1.0.2):
- Fixed emergency vehicles from being removed right after their spawn;
- Fixed the crosshair position which is now relative to the right side.
- 12/29/2013 (v1.0.0):
- FOV now alters because of the AR, which changes according to the current screen resolution;
- Added all of the missing widescreen resolutions available in the 1.01 version of the game and not only;
- Those resolutions having an AR exceeding 1.375:1 (academy AR) are treated as widescreen;
- Fixed all of the scalable 2D stuff of the HUD interface and most of those menu related;
- Fixed the component alignment of the HUD interface while in 2 player mode;
- Heavely optimized the R* code when possible;
- Balanced the "Brightness" option;
- Balanced the "Mouse sensivity" option;
- Now "Radar Mode" and "Visual FX Quality" options can be scrolled left and/or right;
- Improved "Foot Controls" and "Vehicle Controls" menus (added the frontend sound when selecting a new entry and such);
- Fixed the map boundaries in menu on non 4:3 resolutions;
- Coronas are now properly scaled, giving a more pronounced glow effect to lights;
- Text won't be cut if outside the left or upper screen;
- Multiline text no longer has misplaced lines;
- Added the missing alpha channel for radio station logos;
- Altitude meter doesn't go off the bar while underwater anymore.
- Add multi-monitor support;
- Map sprite texels to pixels (half-pixel fix), a DirectX9 bug occuring when multisampling is enabled;
- Export library functions to enhance the compatibility with other graphic modifications and simplify the scaling;
- Make the sky-render FOV dependent;
- Scale anything under the "Map" menu and improve it;
- Improve the "Brief" menu;
- Substitute the "Widescreen" option with "Aspect Ratio";
- Narrow videos and loadscreens (inlcuding the loading bar accordingly);
- Add the following stream.ini/commandline.txt commands:
- Edit these script commands:
- (038D) DRAW_SPRITE;
- (038E) DRAW_RECT;
- (074B) DRAW_SPRITE_WITH_ROTATION;
- (08AE) DRAW_WINDOW_TEXT (until SDDWG doesn't get updated);
- (08D4) CREATE_MENU;
- (0937) DRAW_WINDOW;
- (0964) CREATE_MENU_GRID;
- (09DB) SET_MENU_COLUMN_WIDTH.
- Implement these new script commands:
- Modify the main script by taking advantage of the last listed commands to align 2D stuff drawn by the script (i.e. minigames sprites should be aligned according to the screen centre), possibly with a save converter.
|4:3 (Standard FS resolution)||16:10 (Standard WS resolution)||16:9 (Added WS resolution)|
GTAGarage official mod link
- Contributors of gta_sa.idb, whose package is available publicly here;
- JernejL, for his own TXD Workshop tool;
- SilentPL, for the sky-render fix;
- format c:, Zera, Dani5ooo, Jony., for the bug reporting.
Just to clarify, this modification is not intended to be better of other widescreen "fixes", I just provided my version which could be even worse.
Since someone tends to overrate all of his creations, I would say this mod is probably the one with more hooks ever applied, a kind of childish regression.