Quantcast

» «
Photo

Should the next GTA have multiple protagonists or just one?

15 replies to this topic

Poll: Should the next GTA have multiple protagonists or just one? (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the next GTA have multiple protagonists or just one?

1. Keep it at multiple protagonists (11 votes [36.67%])

Percentage of vote: 36.67%

2. Keep it at just two (19 votes [63.33%])

Percentage of vote: 63.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote
universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THIS ONE GOES OUT TO ALL THE RAVERS IN THE NATION.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:00 PM Edited by universetwisters, 30 December 2013 - 02:49 PM.

As the question/poll states, should the next GTA game have multiple protagonists or just one protagonist?

I personally think there should be only one. As cool as multiple protagonists sounds on paper, it was hard to get "involved" with Michael, Franklin, and Trevor's story. Not only were you jumping around from gangbanging to robbing jewelry stores to killing bikers, but it's also hard to get "characters" made up and involved with the other protag's storyline. Wade & Ron? We hear from them only once. Stretch? He seems to be a big problem to Franklin, yet we see him only a couple of times.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

a.k.a: BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:23 PM

I think with GTA 5 3 Protagonists system,that would be a future trend for the series and future GTA Clones.I think a future GTA (main game or spin-off)should feature,an Old man(more older than Michael)but not too old,a Criminal tough Lady and an Agent but he is a crook.i see this new 3 Protagonists system taken to the heights that it would re-invent the Genre again just like how GTA 3 did 12years ago,it was a bit restrictive in GTA 5 because it on current-gen but with next-gen this element could even make them to use 3 diferent cities(timelines i.e1960-2002-2025).i am just so excited for the 4th generation(xb1/Ps4)of this legendary franchise,GTA.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:37 PM

3 diferent cities(timelines i.e1960-2002-2025)

How would that even work plot-wise? "I remember one time my grandpa in the 60s stole a car...." "...I hope my grandson doesn't turn to a life of crime..."

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

^ A fiddler fiddling.

• Members
  • Japan
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:46 PM

"Keep it at just 2"?

Looks like you made a mistake with that poll option. :p

OT: I'm fine with multiple protagonists, but the next GTA should have 2, unless it can make a good third character.

One of the issues with V is that there are two well made characters (Michael and Trevor), and a third, boring character (Franklin, after he moves house, his story becomes very boring).

GTA VI must not make the mistake V done. There can be three, or even more protagonists, but only if they are interesting and have well written stories.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:13 PM

"Keep it at just 2"?

Looks like you made a mistake with that poll option. :p

Yep. If only we can fix polls

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:36 PM

Multiple Protagonists but done EFLC And Pulp Fiction Style. if not i would rather go back just to 1.

moldyboy
  • moldyboy

Busta

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:50 PM

Multiple protagnists, because in GTA 5 it brought new insight on missions.For example in the single protag games,  we'd only see the missions and play the game from 1 persons view and only played 1 part in the missions while in GTA 5 we got to play each part. (and by part i mean, the sniper,the get away etc) 

JonesyRogers
  • JonesyRogers

DonnyZingFarka

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:21 AM

One, and no more

Personally I never warmed up to this "multiple protagonist" ordeal that was GTA V

I guess it's because I generally like games that focus on one person  (or protagonist, rather)

bengalboy_0701
  • bengalboy_0701

Running through the runways since Y2K

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:34 PM

If they can do 3 like they did in IV, the way in which their stories interlinked randomly with each other but they were not well known to each other, that i want to see again. Perhaps add a twist in the end or something.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:36 PM

Depends on the story length. If it's a decent length (85-100+ missions) to develop the characters more than they did with V, then I would gladly have multiple protagonists. However if they want to cheap out on us like V when it comes to the number of missions, give me one back.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:40 PM

I would be fine with a two character system, while each one's story is well executed.

KevinR1990
  • KevinR1990

Jersey Dude

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:10 AM

One of the issues with V is that there are two well made characters (Michael and Trevor), and a third, boring character (Franklin, after he moves house, his story becomes very boring).

GTA VI must not make the mistake V done. There can be three, or even more protagonists, but only if they are interesting and have well written stories.

This was precisely my biggest problem with V's story. Michael and Trevor's story was interesting, but Franklin's felt out of place. His friends and associates, his involvement with the Families and their rivalry with the Ballas, they were thinly fleshed-out and only barely connected with Michael and Trevor's shared story and side characters. And once he moved into the new house, his separate story was largely dropped altogether, only showing up again at the end. Had the game been about just Michael and Trevor, it would've flowed a lot better and felt a lot more fulfilling, but Franklin was the big albatross around its neck.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

The Night Is Like A Dagger, Long And Cold And Sharp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:38 AM

In the concept I'm currently writing I have 2 protagonists. Two brothers (well half brothers to be exact) I was originally considering one but I thought the story would be much better if the protests brother was playable. So I wrote him in. It does make the story mot interesting in my opinion to be able to Olay from multiple perspectives

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:04 PM Edited by bikerman3, 04 January 2014 - 10:04 PM.

does not mater 1 2 3 maybe 4. 6 and anything above would e pushing it 

godforgivesthelostdont
  • godforgivesthelostdont

Prankster

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:36 PM

keep it at 1.  let the three-character switch thing be unique to gta 5. 

Nerd3.0
  • Nerd3.0

The one who satisfies Catalina

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:22 PM

Poll: Should the next GTA have multiple protagonists or just one?

So why we can choose between only multiple & 2?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users