Quantcast

» «
Photo

New Cash Card = Price of an entire new game!

287 replies to this topic
Sterling Malory Archer
  • Sterling Malory Archer

What the sh*t? I'm playing GRAND THEFT TANK

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:03 AM

FFS take these quotefests to PM, nobody is gonna read all of that BS what are you even thinking?

• vahnx and WBaker like this

maschil
  • maschil

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:04 AM

FFS take these quotefests to PM, nobody is gonna read all of that BS what are you even thinking?

ffs?

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Massacromance

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:04 AM

People still don't get why companies are created.
LLC, Inc., Co....they are all the same and have the same goal in mind...Revenue and Profits.
Rockstar like McDonalds and all other For-Profit companies do care about you having fun but their mission is company growth and investor returns.
When the CEO at R* shuts his eyes to sleep at night , he isn't thinking about how upset Billy713 is that his Rat Loader was deleted, the CEO is thinking how the cash cards aren't selling as projected and this fiscal quarter will show that making some already f*cking filthy rich cocksuckers grumpy about their returns.

This. I can't believe that people are upset that an insanely lucrative company is taking measure to ensure that their insanely lucrative game remains insanely lucrative...

theshadowfax
  • theshadowfax

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:07 AM

Welcome to the new C* pay for play style. They're even worse than EA these days.

M6 dRMG
  • M6 dRMG

Umirin?

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:16 AM

Fine, you and I disagree. I can tell you're too deep in Rockstar's ass for me to reach.

You know what the saddest thing is? GTA San Andreas was a better game then GTAV. San Andreas: Multiplayer was a better multiplayer then GTA Online. SA:MP was made by hardcore fans who truly loved the franchise, and who weren't our for money. Rockstar is the exact opposite of that. It truly disappoints me, especially after the amazing DLC GTAIV had.

I dunno if thats intended for me or someone else but thats ridiculous. Being so far up rockstars ass? Why? Because people disagree with you? Some people dont need tons of money and all the best cars/ammo etc to enjoy the game thats all. 

You do know that the game is only a few months old and more DLC will be available at some point?

It wasn't intended for you, but while you're addressing me: The Lost and Damned was announced at the E3 2006, at the same time of GTAIV. It was then released not even a year after GTAIV. GTAV on the other hand? Not a single word on big DLC packs. Only rumors that Rockstar isn't planning to release any of those at all.

Im sure they will at some point though. Infact I have no doubt they will. If they didnt it would just be them throwing money away and a greedy evil corporation like Rockstar wouldnt do that...

Why do they need the DLC? They've got the cash cards, and plenty of idiots who will buy them. It's easier, and it's a constant income rather then a one-time purchase. Genious!

Because they want even more money?

According to these forums nobody buys cash cards anyway. And im sure those that do are the ones who cant devote a lot of time into the game. Whats wrong with that?

It's not about the cash cards themselves, it's about the way they 'fix' the game around the cash cards, and promote them as hard as possible, affecting gameplay.

If GTAO had no ingame economy but a rank like system, a reward system for playing modes and winning, trophies or special items of clothing/car mods, THAT would be true progression. A simple cash system to leech real life money from players with an RP system thrown on top is not a game. Face it, there really is no grand goal in GTAO. It's a complete flop. Progression is nonexistent and so is replay value, all thanks to cash cards. Whether they directly or indirectly affected R*s choices during development is pretty irrelevant, they're here and reading through the past 8 patch notes makes it pretty damn obvious they're a priority.

The argument I keep seeing is 'WELL YOU DON'T NEEEEEED CASH CARDS?!', which really isn't the point.

Of course its the point. 

How are they promoting them as hard as possible? Thats a straight up lie. 

And of course there is no goal, its a sandbox game. Thats pretty much the point of them. 

It's a lie, in your opinion. Regardless cash cards affect their decisions, mainly to have an in game 'economy' (big fail) in the first place.

Actually, it's a MMO.

muhmuhhuh
  • muhmuhhuh

Prankster

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:27 AM

Fine, you and I disagree. I can tell you're too deep in Rockstar's ass for me to reach.

You know what the saddest thing is? GTA San Andreas was a better game then GTAV. San Andreas: Multiplayer was a better multiplayer then GTA Online. SA:MP was made by hardcore fans who truly loved the franchise, and who weren't our for money. Rockstar is the exact opposite of that. It truly disappoints me, especially after the amazing DLC GTAIV had.

I dunno if thats intended for me or someone else but thats ridiculous. Being so far up rockstars ass? Why? Because people disagree with you? Some people dont need tons of money and all the best cars/ammo etc to enjoy the game thats all. 

You do know that the game is only a few months old and more DLC will be available at some point?

It wasn't intended for you, but while you're addressing me: The Lost and Damned was announced at the E3 2006, at the same time of GTAIV. It was then released not even a year after GTAIV. GTAV on the other hand? Not a single word on big DLC packs. Only rumors that Rockstar isn't planning to release any of those at all.

Im sure they will at some point though. Infact I have no doubt they will. If they didnt it would just be them throwing money away and a greedy evil corporation like Rockstar wouldnt do that...

Why do they need the DLC? They've got the cash cards, and plenty of idiots who will buy them. It's easier, and it's a constant income rather then a one-time purchase. Genious!

According to these forums nobody buys cash cards anyway. And im sure those that do are the ones who cant devote a lot of time into the game. Whats wrong with that?

It's not about the cash cards themselves, it's about the way they 'fix' the game around the cash cards, and promote them as hard as possible, affecting gameplay.

If GTAO had no ingame economy but a rank like system, a reward system for playing modes and winning, trophies or special items of clothing/car mods, THAT would be true progression. A simple cash system to leech real life money from players with an RP system thrown on top is not a game. Face it, there really is no grand goal in GTAO. It's a complete flop. Progression is nonexistent and so is replay value, all thanks to cash cards. Whether they directly or indirectly affected R*s choices during development is pretty irrelevant, they're here and reading through the past 8 patch notes makes it pretty damn obvious they're a priority.

The argument I keep seeing is 'WELL YOU DON'T NEEEEEED CASH CARDS?!', which really isn't the point.

Of course its the point. 

And of course there is no goal, its a sandbox game. Thats pretty much the point of them. 

It's a lie, in your opinion. Regardless cash cards affect their decisions, mainly to have an in game 'economy' (big fail) in the first place.

Actually, it's a MMO.

How about it being an exaggeration? They are not trying to promote them as hard as possible as their presence in the game is barely noticeable. It would be unbearable if they were trying to promote them heavily. Thankfully they are not.

If I call it an MMO I got told its a sandbox and vice versa. either way neither type of these game have no actual goal.  

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:36 AM

It's just in game cash.  Don't want to buy them, don't.  Want GTA$.  Do some missions.  Do some races.  DM.  LTS.  Survival.

Plenty to do, but no one wants to seems to do it.

• We Are Ninja and Crafty- like this

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:39 AM Edited by iFight, 31 December 2013 - 12:40 AM.

Does it say "BUY CASH CARDS OR YOU WON'T PLAY ONLINE""???
No, DON'T buy it if you don't like it. They DON'T force you to buy. It's optional and I understand it's exaggerating 70$ for 3.5 millions.

If you want cash, play missions. There are right now some missions that give 12 to 30k $.

Other companies are same, example EA.

• Crafty- likes this

GrandTheftBatman
  • GrandTheftBatman

Connect 4 Champion 2012

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:45 AM

It's like they're trolling the cashcard scheme theorists......At this rate, no one will have sympathy when the modders and exploiters go ape sh*t. I think that's where alot of the hate is coming from: The in-game prices suck for some reason and the only explanation is those damn cashcards. Seriously, MP is more expensive than SP.

Dirty80s
  • Dirty80s

Snitch

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:45 AM

1) Everything relating to Online has been free, even Online itself is free.
2) Cash Cards are optional. No one is forcing you to buy them.
3) They aren't even advertised in-game unless you run out of money and try buying something. (Unless you count that 2 second tool-tip)
4) They are f*cking useless, you'd still need to level up to buy anything decent and by doing so, you'll of have made that amount.

Are you trying to be wise ?
Rockstar make me drop ALL my 9999 minigun ammo if i die just once. That is f*ckING bullsh*t because that sh*t is not cheap.
  • GrandTheftBatman likes this

M210F
  • M210F

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:48 AM

The problem is that most of us are used to Rockstar being THE classy company that cares about their playerbase. If it was EA, THQ or Ubisoft I don't think anyone would be at all surprised- those are corporations that we KNOW are corporations. We're upset because Rockstar has decided to give up their mantra of the 'cool' developer in favor of yet another selfish one.

The other major problem is that, despite the insane inflation in the markets in-game, the cashcards aren't lowering in price nor is their content increasing. If they want us to buy them, then we shouldn't have to spend twenty dollars to afford an Adder (without upgrades).

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:49 AM

The problem is that most of us are used to Rockstar being THE classy company that cares about their playerbase. If it was EA, THQ or Ubisoft I don't think anyone would be at all surprised- those are corporations that we KNOW are corporations. We're upset because Rockstar has decided to give up their mantra of the 'cool' developer in favor of yet another selfish one.

The other major problem is that, despite the insane inflation in the markets in-game, the cashcards aren't lowering in price nor is their content increasing. If they want us to buy them, then we shouldn't have to spend twenty dollars to afford an Adder (without upgrades).

Hey.... AC4 was actually a good game (most of the AC games are) so cut them some slack :p

• havingfunz likes this

vahnx
  • vahnx

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:50 AM

Why doesn't c* pay us real cash for in-game money, like a reverse cash card? I'd easily sell them 10 billion for $142,000 CAD.

• customkingpimp likes this

FJack
  • FJack

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:59 AM

It's a part of the GTAV game. It's not a "free addition" to it.
yup. Same disc, same game, same patches, it is in fact a part of GTAV. As for free internet, wait until you pay the bills to claim you get free internet, mine's over 100$ / month, should I have to pay an access fee for console games? Lol
  • M210F likes this

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:01 AM

oh this is nothing... chump change

LeAristocrat
  • LeAristocrat

Leader of the LeAristocrats

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:02 AM

The fact that they introduced a new cash card at a higher price (just taking your word for it bc I haven't been online today) after all of the modder injected money means only one thing... they are about to reset all this sh*t. It's about to get real lol.

Not sure what their next move is but it sounds like something big.

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:08 AM

Of course its the point. 

Actually, it's a MMO.

GTA Online is not an MMO. MMO stands for Massive Multiplayer Online. 16 players per server is not massive, not by a long shot. San Andreas Multiplayer comes a whole lot closer to earning that title, what with being able to host servers that can contain up to 1000 players.

GrandTheftBatman
  • GrandTheftBatman

Connect 4 Champion 2012

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:13 AM

People still don't get why companies are created.
LLC, Inc., Co....they are all the same and have the same goal in mind...Revenue and Profits.
Rockstar like McDonalds and all other For-Profit companies do care about you having fun but their mission is company growth and investor returns.
When the CEO at R* shuts his eyes to sleep at night , he isn't thinking about how upset Billy713 is that his Rat Loader was deleted, the CEO is thinking how the cash cards aren't selling as projected and this fiscal quarter will show that making some already f*cking filthy rich cocksuckers grumpy about their returns.

This. I can't believe that people are upset that an insanely lucrative company is taking measure to ensure that their insanely lucrative game remains insanely lucrative...

Ok. so buy the card, then.

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:17 AM

2) Cash Cards are optional. No one is forcing you to buy them.
3) They aren't even advertised in-game unless you run out of money and try buying something. (Unless you count that 2 second tool-tip)
4) They are f*cking useless, you'd still need to level up to buy anything decent and by doing so, you'll of have made that amount.

Are you trying to be wise ?
Rockstar make me drop ALL my 9999 minigun ammo if i die just once. That is f*ckING bullsh*t because that sh*t is not cheap.

I heard this, I'm near to reach 120 but I'm not that interested in buying a minigun. Still it's sucks and i understand your situation.

Not sure if they gonna fix it or not.

TheStalked
  • TheStalked

ayy lmao

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:22 AM Edited by TheStalked, 31 December 2013 - 01:23 AM.

yup. Same disc, same game, same patches, it is in fact a part of GTAV. As for free internet, wait until you pay the bills to claim you get free internet, mine's over 100$ / month, should I have to pay an access fee for console games? Lol

Well, Rockstar themselves have confirmed it's a separate game from V.

The everything free part was aimed more towards the actual Online play, Rockstar aren't charging us to connect, and all updates and DLC have been free so far.

Obviously the major DLC won't be free, but I'm not complaining about that.

Also, I'm 22 and live alone, I pay my own bills. I never claimed I get free Internet.

Also, assuming you're American, you may not understand that in the UK a lot of phone providers give you a free unlimited internet subscription for the first 24 months when you have a landline installed, and after that it's s small fee (like $10 a month?) although I do pay for mine.

You can't blame me if you're getting anally raped for way over-priced internet in America.

• Crafty- likes this

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:55 AM

The fact that they introduced a new cash card at a higher price (just taking your word for it bc I haven't been online today) after all of the modder injected money means only one thing... they are about to reset all this sh*t. It's about to get real lol.

Not sure what their next move is but it sounds like something big.

Its true. Its called the Whale Shark card and costs 4000 M$ points.which is $3.5M

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:59 AM Edited by Odesza, 31 December 2013 - 03:00 AM.

Actually the people that are partaking in the conversations are clearly reading all of it, those are the only people that matter.  Not everyone posts just so people on the internet will think their posts look "cool" and "2funny lel" you don't have to read them and can just scroll over them, get over it.

• maschil likes this

rlr149
  • rlr149

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:07 AM

........... R* persistently pushing the super expensive cash cards ..................

first i've heard of it.

their 'persistent pushing' is really impressive..............

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:20 AM

I think you are full of crap and are just being a troll talking out of you ass, because all your claims are over exaggerated and almost never true, I have heard and even seen an infernus once in a while but none of the other super spawn in online yea adder can be found in story mode, so can bullet and voltic. vacca, entity and cheetah have not other way of being acquired other than purchasing them or in story mode certain missions have some of these cars spawning somewhere. So you should really stop making ignorant and bullsh*t statements about the game you seem to know absolutely nothing about!!

I haven't seen an Entity/Vacca/Adder, but all the other supers I have definitely seen going around free roam. This person is not full of sh*t.

havingfunz
  • havingfunz

Thug

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:25 AM Edited by havingfunz, 31 December 2013 - 03:27 AM.

........... R* persistently pushing the super expensive cash cards ..................

first i've heard of it.

their 'persistent pushing' is really impressive..............

well people with limited perception will only look for direct signs like heavy advertisement about the cash card or mention of it in game etc. but those who actually analyse the current gta online environment will quickly realise its way too damn expensive to live in LS especially if you want to enjoy some version of the baller lifestyle (and i don't just mean owning the most expensive apartment with 10 adders in garage.......), all the basic stuff that was fun and awesome in all GTA games is so damn expensive in gta online, the price tag for ammo refills with rpg, grenade launcher, sticky bomb and minigun is exorbitant, fully modding any premium and non-premium cars costs way too much (in fact most of the prices are hiked up in this game compared to even the story mode in GTA 5), premium cars need to be bought as opposed to story mode where you could do what the title of the game is Grand theft auto!!! and if thats not enough the most lucrative payout in game that can be repeated is a mission that gives out 12k each time excluding your ammo cost (anyone that suggests survival should know it takes about 15-20mins for survival with $20k payout and this mission takes about 4-5 min depending on how good u are for 12k payout, do the maths),

So in conclusion, earning options in game are very limited and low without glitches and hacks, cost of living in LS is super damn high, not many of us players are used to or even enjoy MMO time of gaming (where we farm for hours) and they just introduced a new cash card that gives u just $3.5mil and costs more than a new game.............so yea i think personally R* are trying to manipulate the online environment to push their super expensive cash cards to the players.  

I think you are full of crap and are just being a troll talking out of you ass, because all your claims are over exaggerated and almost never true, I have heard and even seen an infernus once in a while but none of the other super spawn in online yea adder can be found in story mode, so can bullet and voltic. vacca, entity and cheetah have not other way of being acquired other than purchasing them or in story mode certain missions have some of these cars spawning somewhere. So you should really stop making ignorant and bullsh*t statements about the game you seem to know absolutely nothing about!!

I haven't seen an Entity/Vacca/Adder, but all the other supers I have definitely seen going around free roam. This person is not full of sh*t.

personal vehicle aside where have you seen an adder in the game? I would like to check this out myself.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:27 AM Edited by 2281, 31 December 2013 - 03:28 AM.

Well, Rockstar themselves have confirmed it's a separate game from V.

LOL.

Rockstar would have you believe that its GTA Online not GTA V Multiplayer. 

If this bullsh*t keeps up, it sure as sh*t will be known as GTA V Multiplayer. I can't see this game lasting much longer. Everything that has happened these past three months make it the laughing stock of the year.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:33 AM

My honest opinion on this is...I don't believe that Rockstar is pushing cash cards, cause they're so damned expensive.

I wouldn't buy them anyway, but at their current price point, they're definitely not an appealing option.

If it were, $5 for a million GTA dollars, I might agree with the, Rockstar is trying to entice us, crowd.
  • Crafty- likes this

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:33 AM

(1) ...its way too damn expensive to live in LS...

(2) ...the price tag for ammo refills with rpg, grenade launcher, sticky bomb and minigun is exorbitant...

(3) ...premium cars need to be bought as opposed to story mode where you could do what the title of the game is Grand theft auto!!!...

(1) little bit of realism there maybe, (2) Crime does not pay is the lesson :) (3) Agreed!

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:34 AM

personal vehicle aside where have you seen an adder in the game? I would like to check this out myself.

Hmm, did you read my post?

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:35 AM

If it were, $5 for a million GTA dollars, I might agree with the, Rockstar is trying to entice us, crowd.

$1 per million

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users