Quantcast

» «
Photo

New Cash Card = Price of an entire new game!

287 replies to this topic
who-dat
  • who-dat

Haha Bama sucks!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:21 PM

1) Everything relating to Online has been free, even Online itself is free.
2) Cash Cards are optional. No one is forcing you to buy them.
3) They aren't even advertised in-game unless you run out of money and try buying something. (Unless you count that 2 second tool-tip)
4) They are f*cking useless, you'd still need to level up to buy anything decent and by doing so, you'll of have made that amount.

Wait wait wait, online is free? So I can play gta:O without ever having the gtaV disc in my console?
  • Detective Phelps, Yogogamer and dnsgirl like this

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:22 PM Edited by OurJud, 30 December 2013 - 03:24 PM.

If R* create a situation wherein you're deprived of what is, at some date, going to be the full-on, complete GTA:O package unless you start buying cashcards, I suspect they'll unleash a sh*tstorm.

By all means offer cashcards so that certain things can be accessed immediately by anyone willing to buy into this, but don't you dare start to tell us that what we bought at the start was just the skeleton of a game and that to get the full online experience we need to buy cashcards!

If they'd been upfront from the start that this was the deal, then fair enough, but don't drop it on us now.

Of course this may not be their intention at all.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:23 PM

Wait wait wait, online is free? So I can play gta:O without ever having the gtaV disc in my console?

Yes! With one small correction: You need the GTA5 disc in your console.

• Little Red Nurgling and Ermac like this

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:25 PM

I can't wait to see someone buy one and then get gifted $ and have R* wipe their account dry including the cash card money. Rockstar's precious cashcards are going to land them in court with a class action lawsuit.
  • Phyxsius- likes this

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

XDBX Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:26 PM

Since I don't blow hard earn money on drinking legal poison alcohol garbage .....I can afford the $70.

I'll be buying one if I need one. lol.

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

One shot, one kill.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:26 PM

3) They aren't even advertised in-game unless you run out of money and try buying something. (Unless you count that 2 second tool-tip)

4) They are f*cking useless, you'd still need to level up to buy anything decent and by doing so, you'll of have made that amount.

Cash cards are actually advertised on the in-game radio.

Not really. They are indeed mentioned but they are a company in the GTA world. Its no different to advertising Sprunk or Pisswasser.  Its not like they are telling you the gamer to buy one. 

The difference being that the cash cards are made by R* and they want you to buy them so they can make more money.

• Detective Phelps likes this

muhmuhhuh
  • muhmuhhuh

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

Not really. They are indeed mentioned but they are a company in the GTA world. Its no different to advertising Sprunk or Pisswasser.  Its not like they are telling you the gamer to buy one. 

The difference being that the cash cards are made by R* and they want you to buy them so they can make more money.

So what if they do?

They dont bash you over the head with them, I think I have heard that advert on the radio like twice. 

And here is the thing, yet again that people like you (and there are a lot of you it seems) dont seem to understand... you dont have to buy them, they dont force you to buy them and they are in no way at all a reason why online is messed up. 

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

I don't understand why Rockstar is now trying to squeeze out even more money. If anything, from this tsunami of god modders and money hackers they should have learned that it's unacceptable. What will happen now is that the masses will be enraged, and if Rockstar comes with a fix for the DNS modding then it will take no more then 72 hours for the "hackers" to hit back hard.

Because they're a business. It's that simple.

Yes, they are a business, but ffs they made more than a billion USD from the game in just 3 days.

These cash cards are unnecessary and all they do is make R* want to make more and more cash cards, like the new one we have just found out about.

I like GTA V and R*, but this is getting out of hand. 

muhmuhhuh
  • muhmuhhuh

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:32 PM

I don't understand why Rockstar is now trying to squeeze out even more money. If anything, from this tsunami of god modders and money hackers they should have learned that it's unacceptable. What will happen now is that the masses will be enraged, and if Rockstar comes with a fix for the DNS modding then it will take no more then 72 hours for the "hackers" to hit back hard.

Yes, they are a business, but ffs they made more than a billion USD from the game in just 3 days.

These cash cards are unnecessary and all they do is make R* want to make more and more cash cards, like the new one we have just found out about.

No its not. Stop being stupid.

How is it getting out of hand? Seriously how? 

Buy them if you want to, dont buy them if you dont want to. Its that simple. 

Im getting angry now. 

• OurJud likes this

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:34 PM

This thread is getting out of control

A lock would be great imo

Stop fighting people

New year is here
  • dnsgirl likes this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:37 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 30 December 2013 - 03:39 PM.

So what if they do?

They dont bash you over the head with them, I think I have heard that advert on the radio like twice. 

And here is the thing, yet again that people like you (and there are a lot of you it seems) dont seem to understand... you dont have to buy them, they dont force you to buy them and they are in no way at all a reason why online is messed up. 

And the Devil took their souls and they thanked him for it.

A game that wants to sell microtransactions will tweak its "economy" to make them desirable. And NO GAME up to this point managed not to f*ck its players in the process - by making things harder to get as opposed to a game without microtransactions.

Rockstar`s case: Let`s half all missions and conveniently forget to put heists ingame - supposedly the best money source (I don`t give a sh*t if they are ready or not), but sell money. It would have not been hypocrisy only if they would have sold cash when the game would have been 100% complete. So, now, I am thinking: Don`t I have heists because they aren`t ready, or because of Rockstar`s greed?

• Detective Phelps likes this

Thr33X
  • Thr33X

GTA Photographers Commish

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:41 PM

SNIP

Don't get angry. No point in racking your brain over the incessant, illogical whining of the vocal minority. You have to remember that this is the internet, and common sense here isn't common at all.

So what if they do?

A game that wants to sell microtransactions will tweak its "economy" to make them desirable. And NO GAME up to this point managed not to f*ck its players in the process - by making things harder to get as opposed to a game without microtransactions.

Rockstar`s case: Let`s half all missions and conveniently forget to put heists ingame - supposedly the best money source (I don`t give a sh*t if they are ready or not), but sell money. It would have not been hypocrisy only if they would have sold cash when the game will be 100% complete. So, now, I am thinking: Don`t I have heists because they aren`t ready, or because of Rockstar`s greed?

Then honestly...play something else. Speak with your controller and quit trying to conjure up some stupid conspiracy theory. I'm sure you have other games with which to occupy your time, so play them and when heists DO come and you see fit to come back then do so.

Crafty-
  • Crafty-

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:42 PM

So whats the deal with everyone bitching about cash cards ? I'll make it simple:

They are not necessary.

There you go, simple as that. Just play the fricking game and the cash will mount up quickly. Join a crew or two and do some races, missions, deathmatchs, survivals etc.

No-one is forcing you to buy a cash card. In fact if it wasn't for the incessant whining about them most people wouldn't even know they exist. 

This obsession with having tens or hundreds of millions of bucks is utterly infantile. Sure, you can't instantly get a garage fill of supercars, tanks and helicopters, but you know what ? I doubt if many of us are sat in multi million dollar mansions playing on 100" TVs whilst the chef & butler fix up dinner. If you want millions of bucks you've got to earn it. Can anybody tell me the issue with that ?

Seems nowadays that everyone somehow feels entitled to everything and has a tantrum when they can't get it.

stop your fanboy bullsh*t and look at the online world for what it is, why do you think people glitched and begged for the gifted money lobby glitch? Best paying mission in game gives you $12k each time, if you own a adder or entity in your garage and it gets destroyed its premium is 12.5k, to just cusomise and fully mod one of your car (esp if its super or sports) will cost you around or most likely over 200k, if you just want to refill all your ammo it would be around 20k if you own grenade launcher and rpg and even more if you had the minigun. So when the cost of living in LS is so damn high and your best damn payout in game is 12k..............i think there is a need to have reasonable priced cash cards in-game unless R* wants majority of gamers to glitch and hack the game

People glitch money because they are immature and apparently "need" to have everything instantly. Its a sad reflection on todays society that is obsessed with this feeling of self entitlement that they deserve everything right now and a pathetic "need" for material possessions.

Whats wrong with smoking about in a Dominator for a bit whilst you build your cash up  ? Nothing, yet people must have a garage full of supercars straight away. Its pathetic.

Max payout is certainly not $12k, Survivals get you $20k, Last night four of us did the missions where you have to steal files from Merryweather, payout was $25k.

Restocking a grenade launcher costs $5k, I did it yesterday.

In any case you can get $10 cash cards can't you ? if you absolutely must have instant cash I think thats pretty reasonable.

lol is that 25k mission repeatable im sure its not, and doesn't the survival payout depend on how many kills you get? Also i said your full ammo not just the grenade launcher.........And im sorry im not a middle-aged loser living in my parents home that has 20+ hours a day to spare on a game farming to eternity, I actually have to make a living. Also for your kind information this isn't reality it is a game....a sandbox game, which basically is a world that allows you to enjoy it however you like and not just slog like a beggar to actually enjoy anything nice in the game. I agree there were awesome payouts if you played the game right in story mode, because you got to enjoy the poor side at the start of the game and the baller side at the end of the game. That hasn't happened in online till now unless you have glitched or used money lobbies or as I mentioned before, you are some middle-aged man living at your mommy's house and have 20 hrs a day to spare on farming in a pointless online world...............

So before you go on a your high-horse and say this game is totally fair and glitchers are being greedy just take a closer look and analyse the current state of gta online..........

Survival always pays $20k if you complete it. I have no idea on the $25k mission repeatability, I was just surprised it was that high in the first place, it was pretty easy.

Given that you don't know a thing about me, how old I am, what I do for a living or where I live. I'd suggest you refrain from throwing insults around.

The game is not a slog at all, you do some races with friends/crew members and the money mounts up pretty quick. Sure, you can't own a garage full of Adders in 10 minutes, but that'd be as pointless as hacked cash. The key to it is playing with others, maybe thats where you are struggling ?

Question: If its a pointless world why do you play ? why are you posting ? why do you get so upset by someone playing the game as intended ?

You've done nothing to change my mind and everything to re-enforce my opinion that hackers/modders are just selfish and immature.

• Thr33X likes this

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:42 PM

R* makes a great map, great driving, great wit and great characters. But they've stuck a golden tower deep up their arses and now live in it.

If Volition figures out how to make worlds and how to handle driving, R* might be in trouble. And if Bethesda decides to put their minds toward vehicles, R* haven't a trembling chance.

deanstroyer
  • deanstroyer

West Side White Boy

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

i just could not imagine buying a 50 and a 20 dollar psn card for  in game money, especially such a unstable game, dlc is one thing but 70$ is pushing it

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:44 PM

Then honestly...play something else. Speak with your controller and quit trying to conjure up some stupid conspiracy theory. I'm sure you have other games with which to occupy your time, so play them and when heists DO come and you see fit to come back then do so.

I am playing something else. Waiting a final answer on one of my support tickets, then I`m off for good :)

primevil60
  • primevil60

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:47 PM

It's actually $50

$50 for 3.5 million fake dollars...

I have $7 billion...

so if I convert my fake dollar to real money...

I have $100,000!

I can buy a Shelby GT500 and a motorcycle.

http://www.rockstarg....html/#comments

I know that, I got 10 adders ready in my 2nd character to sell them if they take my money away.

This discussion will never end, but you can't hide the facts:

-Mission payouts are very low

-Ammo and car mods are very expensive

They are focused on selling cash cards. The usual player is being disrespected by rockstar, you know that.

The way to show how most players are mad at them, are using mods and hacks for money, etc.

And of course, after they take all the glitched/modded money away, in a few hours a new glitch/hack/mod will show up. And I'm gonna use it :D

you can max out ammo in one survival i don't understand the bitching of ammo prices.  

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:50 PM

No its not. Stop being stupid.

How is it getting out of hand? Seriously how? 

Buy them if you want to, dont buy them if you dont want to. Its that simple. 

Im getting angry now. 

Get angry then, won't affect me.

Instead of focusing on fixing the numerous glitches in the game and releasing the heists, R* are focusing on re-releasing the cash cards. 

And, as Phyxsius has said, "A game that wants to sell microtransactions will tweak its "economy" to make them desirable. And NO GAME up to this point managed not to f*ck its players in the process - by making things harder to get as opposed to a game without microtransactions."

BBQ RIBS
  • BBQ RIBS

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:55 PM

Oh for f*ck's sake...

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

One shot, one kill.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:59 PM

So what if they do?

Technically I'm not forced to buy them, but they are the reason for the nerfed payouts and removed replays.

That's why I hate them so much. R* is more focused on trying to get people to buy them rather then fixing their broken game.

• Little Red Nurgling, Detective Phelps and havingfunz like this

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:02 PM

So what if they do?

Technically I'm not forced to buy them, but they are the reason for the nerfed payouts and removed replays.

That's why I hate them so much. R* is more focused on trying
to get people to buy them rather then fixing their broken game.

Oh, they're working their asses off to fix it now that everyone has billions and don't need $$ cards.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:04 PM Edited by Los Santos Police Department, 30 December 2013 - 04:05 PM.

Oh, they're working their asses off to fix it now that everyone has billions and don't need $$ cards.

They are removing those billions as we speak.

cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:11 PM

I don't see how we forced into buying cash-cards, money is so easily earned in this game. It doesn't take long to make a million.

Its not "forced" as in they put a gun to our heads, but you have to be blind to not see that from online day 1, they've consistently made it more difficult to make money with every new update and rule. Therefore they are herding us into the cash card route, at least for the casual gamer like me who has an hour to play, and I mean play, not grind missions or sh*t races, go into free roam and roleplay or utilize the open world sandbox.
  • Little Red Nurgling, Diesleman, Detective Phelps and 1 other like this

GoodGreen
  • GoodGreen

Gustavo "Gus" Fring

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:13 PM

Just like they did with the glitched money right?... And you kno this how?...

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:16 PM

Can't interfere with the cash cards now can we?

muhmuhhuh
  • muhmuhhuh

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

So what if they do?

Rockstar`s case: Let`s half all missions and conveniently forget to put heists ingame - supposedly the best money source (I don`t give a sh*t if they are ready or not), but sell money. It would have not been hypocrisy only if they would have sold cash when the game would have been 100% complete. So, now, I am thinking: Don`t I have heists because they aren`t ready, or because of Rockstar`s greed?

See that works if, and this is the big if here, they were actively promoting cash cards. Because they really are not. The PS Store thing will pop up if you have no money on your person and try to buy something that you cant buy with your bank account (why some things can not be bought in this manner is another question but whatever) there is a pop up hint when loading the game (which doesnt come up each time) and there is a radio advert in the ether somewhere that you may hear once a week if you are lucky that actually doesnt even promote them. 

If they were greedy and expecting everyone to buy cashcards then surely they would be advertising them everywhere? They only place I ever even think about or hear about cash cards is on here! If I wasnt a member on here and played the game I probably wouldnt even know they existed. 

My personal opinion is they halved payouts etc because everyone was getting far too rich far too quickly. This will lead to people buying everything (level permitting of course) really quickly and then having nothing else to do or to aim towards. 

Rightly or wrongly I dont think Rockstar thought that people would grind the same missions over and over again and assumed people would be happy to go about their business online and earn things slowly whilst having fun. Thats a big mistake on their part to be fair, they should have known that many people want everything yesterday and have no patience or idea of attain goals hence the LSC glitching etc and everyone just playing Criminal Records or whatever missions paid loads. That wasnt healthy for the future of the game at all. 

They have messed up, no doubt about it. But I go back to the main problem I have with people blaming stuff on cash cards and rockstars "greed" They are not actively advertising cash cards so how can they be greedy and how can people assume that the whole nerfing thing was to promote cash cards. 

Take a look around your town/city. If its anything like mine there are adverts for GTA V everywhere. On bus stops, in stores, on TV and radio, massive billboards etc. And they have done it in such a way that it all stands out and is memorable. Same with many of their games. So I think Rockstar have a pretty great advertising strategy compared to most gaming companies. So if thats the case, why is there advertising of cash cards so poor to the point that you have to actively go out of your way to find anything about them? 

Or maybe its just a case that they actually aint pushing them as much as people claim. Not even close. Cash cards are there to provide an option for players who dont have the time to put into the game. Lets face it, nothing in the game takes more than a day or two maximum, playing in a steady and varied manner to attain. 

AmbientZed
  • AmbientZed

Your silence is utterly provocative

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:18 PM

This thread is getting out of control

A lock would be great imo

Stop fighting people

New year is here

Fighting... Fighting never changes...

On the internet.

dnsgirl
  • dnsgirl

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:20 PM

This is way to emotional for me. I think I take a tank break

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:25 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 30 December 2013 - 04:28 PM.

snip

You don`t need advertisement. All you need is a big enough incentive. And when you are left with almost nothing if you are having fun more than you are grinding, those cash cards will look awfully tempting. If you cannot see this, then we will have to agree to disagree. 

I am almost expecting them to have a turn ala World of Tanks now and sell "Premium" - x2 RP and Cash for only 10$ per month. Most will not remember the previous nerfs of half the xp and money. They will only see the golden goose, forgetting they had it for free. 

• jdkzombie likes this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:27 PM

it's a f*cking scam

they do nothing and you pay them for imaginary 1's and 0's

they were on the right track with the gta 4 DLC's and than they pull this sh*t

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users