Quantcast

» «
Photo

New Cash Card = Price of an entire new game!

287 replies to this topic
poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:33 PM

1) Everything relating to Online has been free, even Online itself is free.

2) Cash Cards are optional. No one is forcing you to buy them.

3) They aren't even advertised in-game unless you run out of money and try buying something. (Unless you count that 2 second tool-tip)

4) They are f*cking useless, you'd still need to level up to buy anything decent and by doing so, you'll of have made that amount.

Cash cards are actually advertised on the in-game radio.

GoodGreen
  • GoodGreen

Gustavo "Gus" Fring

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:36 PM

lol When rockstar takes back the gifted cash im not sure what i will do. I realize that i spend about 20k every 15 minutes on ammo during a gun battle (I love rpgs/combat mg).

They are not taking back the gifted cash... They said if you don't want it send in a support ticket and they will remove it... They are not searching for gifted cash if they were you would not have to contact them, they would automatically do it... It would take months to manually adjust each players cash, and if they did a total reset on all accounts then they would have to reset players who bought cash cards also... It would be a outrage against them....
but i thought they said this would happen? no?

Don't hold your breath waiting for them to remove the gifted cash. They say one thing then do another... They never removed glitched cash from LSC did they?...and they will not remove gifted cash either...
People only made a couple of million from it, whilst wasting hours of play time. People are getting billions within a second.
They'll remove it, I'm sure of it.

People made tens of millions from the LSC glitch... I made 22 million from car sales and no ban no reset no nothing... So what's the difference in the hundreds of millions from the gifted money? ... I seen people who abused the LSC glitch for 77 million and no reset or ban so why ban or reset because of a few more million?...

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:39 PM

$70 for $3.5 million in-game? €37,99 in Europe.

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:47 PM

(as i really want to legitemately own the hotknife!!).

The Hotknife blows

I would like to know everyone's opinion on this stupidity of R* persistently pushing the super expensive cash cards with the highest card reaching $70 for just 3.5million. 

It's $50...and nobody is "pushing" anything, it's for players who can afford to not have to grind to make money...

...don't like them? Don't buy them

I have $7 billion

Nobody cares how much fake money you have...and it's all going away anyways

P.S. In theory, it wouldn't be $100,000 because there are price deals/breaks for higher amounts

GoodGreen
  • GoodGreen

Gustavo "Gus" Fring

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:50 PM

^^^^^

It's all going away just like the LSC cash was taken away right?...

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:53 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 30 December 2013 - 02:00 PM.

$70 for $3.5 million in-game? €37,99 in Europe.

50.9, sir.

Negative. All companies f*ck you at conversion - you always will have equal Dollar and Euro. You only get conversion for Pound. So, a 15 something is 15 Dollar / Euro and 12 pounds, which is STILL theft. Even applying VAT from USA and out of USA, you STILL don`t get parity!

Your best bet is to always pay in the cheapest currency, if you don`t want to be robbed. Works on PC but impossible on consoles, with region locks and forced currency on account Country.

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:03 PM

Companies like Bethesda make buggy glitchy games. They worked for almost a year to get the Dragon born DLC out to PS3 users. They are the only real games company left who actually enjoys making good games to be played. When they make DLC, it isn't some crappy beach stuff and some broken bottles and weak pistols. It's a whole new area with new objectives, characters, weapons and stuff to do. (ffs you can fly dragons). Rockstar get on my nerves. If Beach bum was premium, i'd have laughed in it's face. The only reason I have it is because it's free. I don't care for Death matches, capture and other stupid modes. I want to do MISSIONS, JOBS and HEISTS. Killing other criminals is fun and all, it is part of GTA but GTA isn't call of duty (...) we aren't soldiers trying to kill each other, we are criminals trying to get rich.

• Little Red Nurgling, HBSanta, a20characterusername and 2 others like this

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:12 PM

For $10-20 anyone can pay a person with a modded console to give you billions.

Cash card fail.

Crafty-
  • Crafty-

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:15 PM

So whats the deal with everyone bitching about cash cards ? I'll make it simple:

They are not necessary.

There you go, simple as that. Just play the fricking game and the cash will mount up quickly. Join a crew or two and do some races, missions, deathmatchs, survivals etc.

No-one is forcing you to buy a cash card. In fact if it wasn't for the incessant whining about them most people wouldn't even know they exist. 

This obsession with having tens or hundreds of millions of bucks is utterly infantile. Sure, you can't instantly get a garage fill of supercars, tanks and helicopters, but you know what ? I doubt if many of us are sat in multi million dollar mansions playing on 100" TVs whilst the chef & butler fix up dinner. If you want millions of bucks you've got to earn it. Can anybody tell me the issue with that ?

Seems nowadays that everyone somehow feels entitled to everything and has a tantrum when they can't get it.

• Face Down likes this

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:16 PM

I don't understand why Rockstar is now trying to squeeze out even more money. If anything, from this tsunami of god modders and money hackers they should have learned that it's unacceptable. What will happen now is that the masses will be enraged, and if Rockstar comes with a fix for the DNS modding then it will take no more then 72 hours for the "hackers" to hit back hard.

Because they're a business. It's that simple.

And surely y'all don't think that R* isn't gearing up to lay into the hackers/modders... A company this lucrative isn't going to just lie down and hemorrhage money.

• Face Down likes this

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:18 PM

I don't understand why Rockstar is now trying to squeeze out even more money. If anything, from this tsunami of god modders and money hackers they should have learned that it's unacceptable. What will happen now is that the masses will be enraged, and if Rockstar comes with a fix for the DNS modding then it will take no more then 72 hours for the "hackers" to hit back hard.

And surely y'all don't think that R* isn't gearing up to lay into the hackers/modders... A company this lucrative isn't going to just lie down and hemorrhage money.

Most of these guys aren't hackers. They have watched a tutorial video and grasped the basic concept of opening a DNS server. Once Rockstar makes it complex, you will know who the real hackers are because they will still be doing it. The hacking population will drop dramatically because only 1 in 20 of these people know a small bit about computers. The rest are either small kids, fat kids, ugly kids or just plain out grown man virgins. That's the only type of people who'd use god-mode. True story.

• Magick and We Are Ninja like this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:21 PM Edited by Vooodu, 30 December 2013 - 02:29 PM.

Why do people cry about cash cards simply because they exist?

Dafug is wrong with you people?....lol

• Crafty- likes this

havingfunz
  • havingfunz

Hustler

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:21 PM Edited by havingfunz, 30 December 2013 - 02:35 PM.

lol When rockstar takes back the gifted cash im not sure what i will do. I realize that i spend about 20k every 15 minutes on ammo during a gun battle (I love rpgs/combat mg).

They are not taking back the gifted cash... They said if you don't want it send in a support ticket and they will remove it... They are not searching for gifted cash if they were you would not have to contact them, they would automatically do it... It would take months to manually adjust each players cash, and if they did a total reset on all accounts then they would have to reset players who bought cash cards also... It would be a outrage against them....
but i thought they said this would happen? no?

Don't hold your breath waiting for them to remove the gifted cash. They say one thing then do another... They never removed glitched cash from LSC did they?...and they will not remove gifted cash either...

People only made a couple of million from it, whilst wasting hours of play time. People are getting billions within a second.

They'll remove it, I'm sure of it.

lol you are so off you shouldn't even be leaving any comments with your level of ignorance. Few millions? I know people made over 200million, there are still players with 30million after they have purchased everything in the game. and it didn't waste as much time as farming a 12k mission for eternity............

• Diesleman likes this

havingfunz
  • havingfunz

Hustler

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:33 PM Edited by havingfunz, 30 December 2013 - 02:37 PM.

So whats the deal with everyone bitching about cash cards ? I'll make it simple:

They are not necessary.

There you go, simple as that. Just play the fricking game and the cash will mount up quickly. Join a crew or two and do some races, missions, deathmatchs, survivals etc.

No-one is forcing you to buy a cash card. In fact if it wasn't for the incessant whining about them most people wouldn't even know they exist. 

This obsession with having tens or hundreds of millions of bucks is utterly infantile. Sure, you can't instantly get a garage fill of supercars, tanks and helicopters, but you know what ? I doubt if many of us are sat in multi million dollar mansions playing on 100" TVs whilst the chef & butler fix up dinner. If you want millions of bucks you've got to earn it. Can anybody tell me the issue with that ?

Seems nowadays that everyone somehow feels entitled to everything and has a tantrum when they can't get it.

stop your fanboy bullsh*t and look at the online world for what it is, why do you think people glitched and begged for the gifted money lobby glitch? Best paying mission in game gives you $12k each time, if you own a adder or entity in your garage and it gets destroyed its premium is 12.5k, to just cusomise and fully mod one of your car (esp if its super or sports) will cost you around or most likely over 200k, if you just want to refill all your ammo it would be around 20k if you own grenade launcher and rpg and even more if you had the minigun. So when the cost of living in LS is so damn high and your best damn payout in game is 12k..............i think there is a need to have reasonable priced cash cards in-game unless R* wants majority of gamers to glitch and hack the game

• Diesleman and jdkzombie like this

G D
  • G D

Praise the sun, or die trying.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:35 PM

If gaming keeps moving on this path, i predict we'll see a repeat of the video game crash of 1983 in a few weeks years or so.
  • Little Red Nurgling, Detective Phelps, FJack and 1 other like this

PandaLambpaws
  • PandaLambpaws

I'm a cat, I swear.

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:36 PM

Rockstar has fallen, in my opinion. I always imagined them to be different then your average company, but as it turns out they are just another greedy, money sucking corporation that doesn't give two sh*ts about their customers, only about how much money they make.

yep they're publically owned.

no point wishing for the old rockstar, long gone now.

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:36 PM

When they make DLC, it isn't some crappy beach stuff and some broken bottles and weak pistols.

Beach Bum was in an UPDATE, it was not DLC

If Beach bum was premium, i'd have laughed in it's face. The only reason I have it is because it's free.

If it was "premium", it would have cost $2.99

...and no, the only reason you have it is because it was IN A MANDATORY UPDATE!

aig1992
  • aig1992

I AM AiG

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:37 PM

Damn I stopped playing last week but $70 for a card? Dafuq is that maybe if that card came with all future dlc 1.5 bil and some cars but for 3.5mil thats crazy
  • GoodGreen and Jlogano22 like this

ham_hands
  • ham_hands

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:40 PM

3) They aren't even advertised in-game unless you run out of money and try buying something. (Unless you count that 2 second tool-tip)
4) They are f*cking useless, you'd still need to level up to buy anything decent and by doing so, you'll of have made that amount.

Online is not free, so sick of people suggesting this. If I didn't buy the game I could not play online therefore it is not free. Do you fall for all corporate double speak?
  • Little Red Nurgling, Ermacs, Khaos89 and 1 other like this

MistGoose
  • MistGoose

Consigliere

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:42 PM

It's a part of the GTAV game. It's not a "free addition" to it.

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:46 PM Edited by We Are Ninja, 30 December 2013 - 02:48 PM.

Most of these guys aren't hackers. They have watched a tutorial video and grasped the basic concept of opening a DNS server. Once Rockstar makes it complex, you will know who the real hackers are because they will still be doing it. The hacking population will drop dramatically because only 1 in 20 of these people know a small bit about computers. The rest are either small kids, fat kids, ugly kids or just plain out grown man virgins. That's the only type of people who'd use god-mode. True story.

chuuch2.jpg

G D
  • G D

Praise the sun, or die trying.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:51 PM

Damn I stopped playing last week but $70 for a card? Dafuq is that maybe if that card came with all future dlc 1.5 bil and some cars but for 3.5mil thats crazy

They put it out there because they KNOW there ARE idiots out there who will buy it. It's Rockstar, the company who makes fun of society's mindblowing stupidity in every GTA game, they will cash in on those same morons with this CA$H Pack.

"Naobody's forcing you..."

Shut up. R* are slowly becoming EA every day, people will start labeling them C* for real.

It's funny how most big gaming corporation has names that can be twisted into insults:

Crapcom, Micro$oft, $ony, Cockstar, Electronics Farts just to name a few...

Crafty-
  • Crafty-

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:54 PM Edited by Crafty-, 30 December 2013 - 02:55 PM.

They are not necessary.

stop your fanboy bullsh*t and look at the online world for what it is, why do you think people glitched and begged for the gifted money lobby glitch? Best paying mission in game gives you $12k each time, if you own a adder or entity in your garage and it gets destroyed its premium is 12.5k, to just cusomise and fully mod one of your car (esp if its super or sports) will cost you around or most likely over 200k, if you just want to refill all your ammo it would be around 20k if you own grenade launcher and rpg and even more if you had the minigun. So when the cost of living in LS is so damn high and your best damn payout in game is 12k..............i think there is a need to have reasonable priced cash cards in-game unless R* wants majority of gamers to glitch and hack the game

People glitch money because they are immature and apparently "need" to have everything instantly. Its a sad reflection on todays society that is obsessed with this feeling of self entitlement that they deserve everything right now and a pathetic "need" for material possessions.

Whats wrong with smoking about in a Dominator for a bit whilst you build your cash up  ? Nothing, yet people must have a garage full of supercars straight away. Its pathetic.

Max payout is certainly not $12k, Survivals get you $20k, Last night four of us did the missions where you have to steal files from Merryweather, payout was $25k.

Restocking a grenade launcher costs $5k, I did it yesterday.

In any case you can get $10 cash cards can't you ? if you absolutely must have instant cash I think thats pretty reasonable.

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:57 PM

When they make DLC, it isn't some crappy beach stuff and some broken bottles and weak pistols.

Beach Bum was in an UPDATE, it was not DLC

If Beach bum was premium, i'd have laughed in it's face. The only reason I have it is because it's free.

If it was "premium", it would have cost $2.99

...and no, the only reason you have it is because it was IN A MANDATORY UPDATE!

They counted Beach bum as DLC.
The only reasonS I have it is because it was free and a mandatory update.
It's not even worth $2.99, even though that's like .50 of my money.

Anything else you wish to call me out on? Not feeling quite satisfied with the way your day was going? Thanks for the criticism, sometimes it's nice to be brought down a few pegs. Reminds me where I come from.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:00 PM

All R* cares about is their precious f*cking cash cards.

• Soda and Soap likes this

havingfunz
  • havingfunz

Hustler

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:09 PM

They are not necessary.

People glitch money because they are immature and apparently "need" to have everything instantly. Its a sad reflection on todays society that is obsessed with this feeling of self entitlement that they deserve everything right now and a pathetic "need" for material possessions.

Whats wrong with smoking about in a Dominator for a bit whilst you build your cash up  ? Nothing, yet people must have a garage full of supercars straight away. Its pathetic.

Max payout is certainly not $12k, Survivals get you $20k, Last night four of us did the missions where you have to steal files from Merryweather, payout was $25k.

Restocking a grenade launcher costs $5k, I did it yesterday.

In any case you can get $10 cash cards can't you ? if you absolutely must have instant cash I think thats pretty reasonable.

lol is that 25k mission repeatable im sure its not, and doesn't the survival payout depend on how many kills you get? Also i said your full ammo not just the grenade launcher.........And im sorry im not a middle-aged loser living in my parents home that has 20+ hours a day to spare on a game farming to eternity, I actually have to make a living. Also for your kind information this isn't reality it is a game....a sandbox game, which basically is a world that allows you to enjoy it however you like and not just slog like a beggar to actually enjoy anything nice in the game. I agree there were awesome payouts if you played the game right in story mode, because you got to enjoy the poor side at the start of the game and the baller side at the end of the game. That hasn't happened in online till now unless you have glitched or used money lobbies or as I mentioned before, you are some middle-aged man living at your mommy's house and have 20 hrs a day to spare on farming in a pointless online world...............

So before you go on a your high-horse and say this game is totally fair and glitchers are being greedy just take a closer look and analyse the current state of gta online..........

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:11 PM Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 30 December 2013 - 03:11 PM.

Companies like Bethesda make buggy glitchy games. They worked for almost a year to get the Dragon born DLC out to PS3 users. They are the only real games company left who actually enjoys making good games to be played. When they make DLC, it isn't some crappy beach stuff and some broken bottles and weak pistols. It's a whole new area with new objectives, characters, weapons and stuff to do. (ffs you can fly dragons). Rockstar get on my nerves. If Beach bum was premium, i'd have laughed in it's face. The only reason I have it is because it's free. I don't care for Death matches, capture and other stupid modes. I want to do MISSIONS, JOBS and HEISTS. Killing other criminals is fun and all, it is part of GTA but GTA isn't call of duty (...) we aren't soldiers trying to kill each other, we are criminals trying to get rich.

Agreed.

Let's see...I could spend 20 dollars and get a Fallout/Skyrim DLC or two, which will add dozens of hours of entertainment...or I can buy some virtual money in GTA that'll be gone within a few hours. Decisions, decisions...

Bethesda may release notoriously buggy games (although Skyrim has run surprisingly smooth for me), but you can tell they at least put effort into making them, and (usually) try fixing the more game-breaking bugs. I hate their PS3 releases though, mostly because of that "save bloat" issue.

muhmuhhuh
  • muhmuhhuh

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:14 PM

Cash cards are actually advertised on the in-game radio.

Not really. They are indeed mentioned but they are a company in the GTA world. Its no different to advertising Sprunk or Pisswasser.  Its not like they are telling you the gamer to buy one. 

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:15 PM

(as i really want to legitemately own the hotknife!!).

The Hotknife blows

I would like to know everyone's opinion on this stupidity of R* persistently pushing the super expensive cash cards with the highest card reaching $70 for just 3.5million. 

It's $50...and nobody is "pushing" anything, it's for players who can afford to not have to grind to make money...

...don't like them? Don't buy them

I have $7 billion

Nobody cares how much fake money you have...and it's all going away anyways

P.S. In theory, it wouldn't be $100,000 because there are price deals/breaks for higher amounts

You cared enough to quote my post sir

HappHarryHardOn
  • HappHarryHardOn

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:19 PM

so.. imagine the price of one dlc

At least I would know what I would be buying with paid DLC. People could buy millions in cash cards and R* could just keep releasing crappy, developed last year content as DLC and there wouldn't be a thing you could do about it.

Interesting though that the crappy beach bum DLC was bigged up as being free, does that mean that R* has paid DLC planned even on top of the cash card profits?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users