Quantcast

» «
Photo

New Cash Card = Price of an entire new game!

287 replies to this topic
iVoltScopez V2
  • iVoltScopez V2

Deadhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:55 AM

Take my money away or not, I still better have that 16 million I had from farming prior to being gifted money. If I'm missing all of it I'm going to burn down every single one of their offices.

rlr149
  • rlr149

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:11 AM

........... R* persistently pushing the super expensive cash cards ..................

first i've heard of it.

their 'persistent pushing' is really impressive..............

well people with limited perception will only look for direct signs like heavy advertisement about the cash card or mention of it in game etc. but those who actually analyse the current gta online environment will quickly realise its way too damn expensive to live in LS especially if you want to enjoy some version of the baller lifestyle (and i don't just mean owning the most expensive apartment with 10 adders in garage.......), all the basic stuff that was fun and awesome in all GTA games is so damn expensive in gta online, the price tag for ammo refills with rpg, grenade launcher, sticky bomb and minigun is exorbitant, fully modding any premium and non-premium cars costs way too much (in fact most of the prices are hiked up in this game compared to even the story mode in GTA 5), premium cars need to be bought as opposed to story mode where you could do what the title of the game is Grand theft auto!!! and if thats not enough the most lucrative payout in game that can be repeated is a mission that gives out 12k each time excluding your ammo cost (anyone that suggests survival should know it takes about 15-20mins for survival with $20k payout and this mission takes about 4-5 min depending on how good u are for 12k payout, do the maths),

So in conclusion, earning options in game are very limited and low without glitches and hacks, cost of living in LS is super damn high, not many of us players are used to or even enjoy MMO time of gaming (where we farm for hours) and they just introduced a new cash card that gives u just $3.5mil and costs more than a new game.............so yea i think personally R* are trying to manipulate the online environment to push their super expensive cash cards to the players.  

tbh i just play to have fun, not to create a spreadsheet to maximize my virtual cash per hour ratio.

i also don't need the most expensive stuff to feel good about myself, or because someone else has it/them.

maschil
  • maschil

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:12 AM

Take my money away or not, I still better have that 16 million I had from farming prior to being gifted money. If I'm missing all of it I'm going to burn down every single one of their offices.

did you spend the 16 mil?> or had it on your bank account?

M210F
  • M210F

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:30 AM

The problem is that most of us are used to Rockstar being THE classy company that cares about their playerbase. If it was EA, THQ or Ubisoft I don't think anyone would be at all surprised- those are corporations that we KNOW are corporations. We're upset because Rockstar has decided to give up their mantra of the 'cool' developer in favor of yet another selfish one.

The other major problem is that, despite the insane inflation in the markets in-game, the cashcards aren't lowering in price nor is their content increasing. If they want us to buy them, then we shouldn't have to spend twenty dollars to afford an Adder (without upgrades).

Hey.... AC4 was actually a good game (most of the AC games are) so cut them some slack :p

I was more pointing out how Ubisoft is still considered a "typical" corporation compared to what we (used to) think of Rockstar.

1) Everything relating to Online has been free, even Online itself is free.

It's a part of the GTAV game. It's not a "free addition" to it.
yup. Same disc, same game, same patches, it is in fact a part of GTAV. As for free internet, wait until you pay the bills to claim you get free internet, mine's over 100$ / month, should I have to pay an access fee for console games? Lol

Well, Rockstar themselves have confirmed it's a separate game from V.

The everything free part was aimed more towards the actual Online play, Rockstar aren't charging us to connect, and all updates and DLC have been free so far.

Obviously the major DLC won't be free, but I'm not complaining about that.

Also, I'm 22 and live alone, I pay my own bills. I never claimed I get free Internet.

Also, assuming you're American, you may not understand that in the UK a lot of phone providers give you a free unlimited internet subscription for the first 24 months when you have a landline installed, and after that it's s small fee (like $10 a month?) although I do pay for mine.

You can't blame me if you're getting anally raped for way over-priced internet in America.

If I give you a pair of sunglasses and say that the lenses are free, does that mean that I should be grateful that they were so gracious include something like that? Should I be grateful that my home came with doors, or that my shoes came with laces? Of course not. Rockstar included it because the sales would have been much lower without it. Saying that something is free doesn't mean it's actually free. Besides, if it truly was something that's "free with any purchase of GTAV" then I should be able to buy it independently- if you haven't noticed, you can't.

• PandaLambpaws likes this

maschil
  • maschil

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:34 AM

If I give you a pair of sunglasses and say that the lenses are free, does that mean that I should be grateful that they were so gracious include something like that? Should I be grateful that my home came with doors, or that my shoes came with laces? Of course not. Rockstar included it because the sales would have been much lower without it. Saying that something is free doesn't mean it's actually free. Besides, if it truly was something that's "free with any purchase of GTAV" then I should be able to buy it independently- if you haven't noticed, you can't.

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day"

• 2281 likes this

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:07 AM

Grand Theft Auto: Online

A game you paid for, but is treated as a stand alone game so they can push a "free to play" model to sap you of as much cash as you can.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:23 AM Edited by Odesza, 31 December 2013 - 06:23 AM.

A game you paid for, but is treated as a stand alone game so they can push a "free to play" model to sap you of as much cash as you can.

Except it's free to play and plenty of people have reached end game legit without buying a single cash card lol.

Yogogamer
  • Yogogamer

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:38 AM

Except it's free to play and plenty of people have reached end game legit without buying a single cash card lol.

Free to play? I thought i had to buy GTAV to play it....Why didn't you tell me?

• poklane, M210F and PandaLambpaws like this

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:04 PM Edited by Odesza, 31 December 2013 - 12:12 PM.

Free to play? I thought i had to buy GTAV to play it....Why didn't you tell me?

In the context that he was using it in as a standalone game using the "free to play" model.  Obviously you need to have GTAV itself to play online but as a standalone game it's free to play and you can succeed in the game without spending any real life money.

Although I guess you could always steal the game, and then it would be completely free to play.

• Yogogamer likes this

Crafty-
  • Crafty-

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:48 PM

It's not about the cash cards themselves, it's about the way they 'fix' the game around the cash cards, and promote them as hard as possible, affecting gameplay.

If GTAO had no ingame economy but a rank like system, a reward system for playing modes and winning, trophies or special items of clothing/car mods, THAT would be true progression. A simple cash system to leech real life money from players with an RP system thrown on top is not a game. Face it, there really is no grand goal in GTAO. It's a complete flop. Progression is nonexistent and so is replay value, all thanks to cash cards. Whether they directly or indirectly affected R*s choices during development is pretty irrelevant, they're here and reading through the past 8 patch notes makes it pretty damn obvious they're a priority.

The argument I keep seeing is 'WELL YOU DON'T NEEEEEED CASH CARDS?!', which really isn't the point.

Can you give an example of them promoting cash cards "as hard as possible" ?? 

Cash has always been a cornerstone of GTA games and the rank system already exists as well as unlocks for stuff (e.g. clothes unlocks for collecting "special" crates.). I really don't see the issue, to me all the moaning is because you can't instantly get a chromed adder or whatever, well sh*t son, ain't life a bitch.

You guys are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill with the cash thing. You can progress with a tiny amount of cash by just winning races / doing missions etc. Its well proven. 

I see absolutely nothing that shows cash cards to be any sort of priority and I don't know why everyone is crying about them in GTA, they exist in plenty of other games and I don't see that GTA is any different.

• Odesza likes this

JustRob
  • JustRob

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:37 PM

I know Rockstar is pushing for GTA Online to be a separate game, but I can't see it working. Because in a few years, when they release GTAVI, then what? Will GTA Online change to the new city? Will we keep our characters and progression? Because if not, there is absolutely no point for it to be a standalone game. Or are they gonna introduce "GTA Online II" along with GTAVI? Once again, there's no point for it to be a standalone game then.

The only way that would make sense is if GTA Online from now on is the universal multiplayer for all future GTA's. But then that poses another problem: By the time GTAVI is released, most people will have reached the highest rank and pretty much did everything there is to do. So then we jump into GTAVI's city in GTA Online, but everyone will already be the highest rank, so it will get boring quickly. And they can't reset everyone's rank either, because then everyone will be pissed off because all their hard work is gone.

No, I think this was a bad idea. It may look like a good plan now, but it's going to be a problem when the next installment comes.

• M210F likes this

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:41 PM

Holy sh*t! This thread is like a novel!
IMO, given the prices of things in the online game.
If the cards gave you 10mil for 20 bucks they would sell a LOT more of them and it would worth it. more fun per dollar..
Did any one notice the Mexican car horn is 1/2 what it used to be??
12.5k vs 25k ??
They were trying to f*ck us with the in game prices.
Look at the single player prices at LSC!!

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:57 PM

People still don't get why companies are created.
LLC, Inc., Co....they are all the same and have the same goal in mind...Revenue and Profits.
Rockstar like McDonalds and all other For-Profit companies do care about you having fun but their mission is company growth and investor returns.
When the CEO at R* shuts his eyes to sleep at night , he isn't thinking about how upset Billy713 is that his Rat Loader was deleted, the CEO is thinking how the cash cards aren't selling as projected and this fiscal quarter will show that making some already f*cking filthy rich cocksuckers grumpy about their returns.

This. I can't believe that people are upset that an insanely lucrative company is taking measure to ensure that their insanely lucrative game remains insanely lucrative...

Ok. so buy the card, then.

Not in a million years. I have no problem doing missions/races/etc.(i.e. actually playing the game) when I need in-game money. R*'s Shark Cards are aimed at the people that don't want to put forth the effort to actually earn in-game money. Based on this thread, it seems that a lot of those very same people don't want to pay for it either.

• Mart1001 likes this

rlr149
  • rlr149

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:17 PM

The problem is that most of us are used to Rockstar being THE classy company that cares about their playerbase. If it was EA, THQ or Ubisoft I don't think anyone would be at all surprised- those are corporations that we KNOW are corporations. We're upset because Rockstar has decided to give up their mantra of the 'cool' developer in favor of yet another selfish one.

The other major problem is that, despite the insane inflation in the markets in-game, the cashcards aren't lowering in price nor is their content increasing. If they want us to buy them, then we shouldn't have to spend twenty dollars to afford an Adder (without upgrades).

Hey.... AC4 was actually a good game (most of the AC games are) so cut them some slack :p

I was more pointing out how Ubisoft is still considered a "typical" corporation compared to what we (used to) think of Rockstar.

1) Everything relating to Online has been free, even Online itself is free.

It's a part of the GTAV game. It's not a "free addition" to it.
yup. Same disc, same game, same patches, it is in fact a part of GTAV. As for free internet, wait until you pay the bills to claim you get free internet, mine's over 100$ / month, should I have to pay an access fee for console games? Lol

Well, Rockstar themselves have confirmed it's a separate game from V.

The everything free part was aimed more towards the actual Online play, Rockstar aren't charging us to connect, and all updates and DLC have been free so far.

Obviously the major DLC won't be free, but I'm not complaining about that.

Also, I'm 22 and live alone, I pay my own bills. I never claimed I get free Internet.

Also, assuming you're American, you may not understand that in the UK a lot of phone providers give you a free unlimited internet subscription for the first 24 months when you have a landline installed, and after that it's s small fee (like $10 a month?) although I do pay for mine.

You can't blame me if you're getting anally raped for way over-priced internet in America.

you can't get it separately free or paid.

and a 'free' warranty with a new car only comes if i buy the car. i can't get the warranty without the car as it applies to the car.

online uses gtaV assets and so is required, it could be done as a download only, but theres nothing says that it has too.

doctortyp0
  • doctortyp0

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:27 PM

Rockstar has fallen, in my opinion. I always imagined them to be different then your average company, but as it turns out they are just another greedy, money sucking corporation that doesn't give two sh*ts about their customers, only about how much money they make.

All GTA Online DLC has been and will remain free. If they were so greedy, you'd have spent another $20 for the Beach Bum Pack, and probably 5-10 on the Content Creator.

JustRob
  • JustRob

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:41 PM

Rockstar has fallen, in my opinion. I always imagined them to be different then your average company, but as it turns out they are just another greedy, money sucking corporation that doesn't give two sh*ts about their customers, only about how much money they make.

All GTA Online DLC has been and will remain free. If they were so greedy, you'd have spent another $20 for the Beach Bum Pack, and probably 5-10 on the Content Creator.

But that would be stupid. People would buy the Beach Bum pack only once. That's $20 once from everyone who buys the Beach Bum pack. But a Cash Card on the other hand is something that's useful at any time, and not limited to one purchase. So what's a better way to make money, ask $20 for the Beach Bum pack people will buy only once, or ask $20 for a Cash Card people can buy over and over again?

muhmuhhuh
  • muhmuhhuh

Prankster

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:39 PM

But that would be stupid. People would buy the Beach Bum pack only once. That's $20 once from everyone who buys the Beach Bum pack. But a Cash Card on the other hand is something that's useful at any time, and not limited to one purchase. So what's a better way to make money, ask $20 for the Beach Bum pack people will buy only once, or ask $20 for a Cash Card people can buy over and over again?

Yeah but i you want the content from the Beach Bum Pack (which was a let down to be fair) then you would have to purchase it regardless if they went the paid DLC route. 

If you want the stuff you can get via buying a cash card you dont have to pay for it as there are other options, laborious or not, to make that money and obtain them.

maschil
  • maschil

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:44 PM

i wouldnt have spent 20 bucks on the beach bum pack.. maybe 1 dollar

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users