Quantcast

» «
Photo

New Cash Card = Price of an entire new game!

287 replies to this topic
havingfunz
  • havingfunz

Hustler

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:39 PM

I had come back to GTA because i had heard some youtube rumours of them officially releasing some collector edition DLC for purchase, which unfortunately wasn't true (as i really want to legitemately own the hotknife!!).

So next thing I did was checked out the cash cards and noticed a new Cash card. This one was worth 3.5mil per card, seeing this new addition after all the billion $$ glitches i thought they might have reduced the cost of these cards whilst introducing a new card that probably was around the same price as the original 1.25mil card. But I was actually shocked at the price for this card.

Lets put aside the fact that this game has been filled with glitches from the start especially around making money allowing people to effortlessly reach 100million using LSC glitches and now we have several money lobbies providing 1 billion cash gifts to others and lets not forget how easy it is to actually mod your console to get the money and rp glitches right now in the game but they still have the audacity to charge $70 for a 3.5mil cash card....... that is actually equivalent to buying a new game (if you go to the right stores) or more than the cost of any f*cking DLC I have ever purchased for any game (I had purchased a 35 dollar DLC for AC4 but I think a whole new set of contents, weapons and costumes is worth the cash i dished out)

I would like to know everyone's opinion on this stupidity of R* persistently pushing the super expensive cash cards with the highest card reaching $70 for just 3.5million. 

• vahnx, Little Red Nurgling, Detective Phelps and 11 others like this

heer
  • heer

I like girls

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:40 PM

don't buy it?

• GTA Banjo, I SHADOWFOX I, StMiquel and 3 others like this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:44 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 30 December 2013 - 12:44 PM.

I would like to know everyone's opinion on this stupidity of R* persistently pushing the super expensive cash cards with the highest card reaching $70 for just 3.5million. 

It is not stupid the one that asks an audacious price, but the one that pays it.

• coach_wargo, blakeney, StMiquel and 5 others like this

maschil
  • maschil

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:44 PM

lol When rockstar takes back the gifted cash im not sure what i will do. I realize that i spend about 20k every 15 minutes on ammo during a gun battle (I love rpgs/combat mg).

• Little Red Nurgling and myztical78 like this

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:44 PM

Rockstar has fallen, in my opinion. I always imagined them to be different then your average company, but as it turns out they are just another greedy, money sucking corporation that doesn't give two sh*ts about their customers, only about how much money they make.

• MagicNarcosis, Ninja_Gear, GroundZero and 22 others like this

AnotherUserName
  • AnotherUserName

Dick

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:51 PM Edited by AnotherUserName, 30 December 2013 - 12:53 PM.

Well to be fair, one of the main complaints about them being "forced" was that the 1.2 mil one wasn't enough to buy anything expensive...

:pp

PeinNegato
  • PeinNegato

Motherf*cker Jones

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:56 PM

so.. imagine the price of one dlc

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:58 PM Edited by tymaster50, 30 December 2013 - 12:58 PM.

For $70 I can get a ps4 game and upgrade my copy of Ghosts to PS4 AND keep using it on ps3 lol. Or I can get a year and some months of PS+ and get free games and other free stuff every month, hell they're giving away BioShock Infinite in january lol. 

All of which will last me infinitely longer than 3.5 million 

• askinnywhitedildo, M210F, a20characterusername and 3 others like this

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:58 PM

I don't understand why Rockstar is now trying to squeeze out even more money. If anything, from this tsunami of god modders and money hackers they should have learned that it's unacceptable. What will happen now is that the masses will be enraged, and if Rockstar comes with a fix for the DNS modding then it will take no more then 72 hours for the "hackers" to hit back hard.

• Little Red Nurgling, M210F and Timely like this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:02 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 30 December 2013 - 01:02 PM.

I don't understand why Rockstar is now trying to squeeze out even more money. If anything, from this tsunami of god modders and money hackers they should have learned that it's unacceptable. What will happen now is that the masses will be enraged, and if Rockstar comes with a fix for the DNS modding then it will take no more then 72 hours for the "hackers" to hit back hard.

The Race For The Almighty Dollar. They are trying to cash in as much as they can on this game. Most games are not games anymore, but money making machines, where everybody wins but the player - unless he buys stock, but that`s a different issue.

Once you understand that we are being sold worse games with better graphics each year / iteration / IP (Intellectual Property), you will understand what gaming has turned into today.. and it`s likely to get worse.

• NDE108, FJack, PandaLambpaws and 1 other like this

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:02 PM Edited by gn1992, 30 December 2013 - 01:03 PM.

It's actually $50

$50 for 3.5 million fake dollars...

I have $7 billion...

so if I convert my fake dollar to real money...

I have $100,000!

I can buy a Shelby GT500 and a motorcycle.

• blackwolfred and dnsgirl like this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:03 PM

It's actually $50

I have $7 billion...

I have $100,000!

http://www.rockstarg....html/#comments

TheStalked
  • TheStalked

ayy lmao

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:07 PM

1) Everything relating to Online has been free, even Online itself is free.

2) Cash Cards are optional. No one is forcing you to buy them.

3) They aren't even advertised in-game unless you run out of money and try buying something. (Unless you count that 2 second tool-tip)

4) They are f*cking useless, you'd still need to level up to buy anything decent and by doing so, you'll of have made that amount.

• Zanje, SkunkonToast, NDE108 and 2 others like this

GoodGreen
  • GoodGreen

Gustavo "Gus" Fring

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:08 PM

lol When rockstar takes back the gifted cash im not sure what i will do. I realize that i spend about 20k every 15 minutes on ammo during a gun battle (I love rpgs/combat mg).

They are not taking back the gifted cash... They said if you don't want it send in a support ticket and they will remove it... They are not searching for gifted cash if they were you would not have to contact them, they would automatically do it... It would take months to manually adjust each players cash, and if they did a total reset on all accounts then they would have to reset players who bought cash cards also... It would be a outrage against them....

TheStalked
  • TheStalked

ayy lmao

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:11 PM

They are not taking back the gifted cash... They said if you don't want it send in a support ticket and they will remove it... They are not searching for gifted cash if they were you would not have to contact them, they would automatically do it... It would take months to manually adjust each players cash, and if they did a total reset on all accounts then they would have to reset players who bought cash cards also... It would be a outrage against them....

They've clearly stated that they are removing glitched money. It's not impossible, everything is logged.

• lilpokerface likes this

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:11 PM

3) They aren't even advertised in-game unless you run out of money and try buying something. (Unless you count that 2 second tool-tip)

4) They are f*cking useless, you'd still need to level up to buy anything decent and by doing so, you'll of have made that amount.

They are advertised within the game. Tooltip or billboard, advertising is advertising. And the fact that they're useless at a low level makes the price of them even more scandalous.

maschil
  • maschil

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:12 PM

ONLIne was not free.... it was advertized as being apart of the game you purchased :) hence thats why story mode could be done in 3 days tops

• MagicNarcosis, Diesleman, Deathmaker158 and 5 others like this

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:14 PM

Rockstar has fallen, in my opinion. I always imagined them to be different then your average company, but as it turns out they are just another greedy, money sucking corporation that doesn't give two sh*ts about their customers, only about how much money they make.

We live in a capitalist society. Every company is out to generate more capital. What makes R*  any different? They are a business and their end is the bottom line with creating video games being the means.  I don't understand how anyone could even entertain the notion that companies operate purely for the benefit of the consumer.  IMO you have to be extremely naive to think that.

• FJack likes this

maschil
  • maschil

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:15 PM

but i thought they said this would happen? no?

• GoodGreen likes this

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:21 PM

It's actually $50

I have $7 billion...

I have $100,000!

http://www.rockstarg....html/#comments

I know that, I got 10 adders ready in my 2nd character to sell them if they take my money away.

This discussion will never end, but you can't hide the facts:

-Mission payouts are very low

-Ammo and car mods are very expensive

They are focused on selling cash cards. The usual player is being disrespected by rockstar, you know that.

The way to show how most players are mad at them, are using mods and hacks for money, etc.

And of course, after they take all the glitched/modded money away, in a few hours a new glitch/hack/mod will show up. And I'm gonna use it :D

• PandaLambpaws and Michael_Westin like this

Taylor7500
  • Taylor7500

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:22 PM

They said they would, though given the laziness of the programming so far, it wouldn't surprise me if there are two or three resets before they say they've got everything. After the initial one, I bet about half the billionaires will still have a few millions lying around.

havingfunz
  • havingfunz

Hustler

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:22 PM Edited by havingfunz, 30 December 2013 - 01:25 PM.

If you watch those youtube how to mod videos and other threads its clear the only people that have been targeted by R* are those who host money lobby, this means, no LSC glitchers, no gifted money winners, and no actual modder that just mod their own character has been targeted or will be targeted. So basically all that money that everyone has is here to stay for the forseeable future, which exactly why I felt it was ludicrous to charge such a high cash amount for those shark cards. 

As for those who are saying just don't buy it, my point isn't that cash cards are useless, I would still gladly be ready to occasionaly payout for cash cards for something I really want instead of farming for like 10hrs (which i don't have luxury of inputing into any game as I do actually work outside the holiday period......) but I am just disappointed by how horribly they have valued those cash cards, seriously when to this date no DLC has cost us more than the price of their 3.5m cash card isn't it greedy on their part to be putting such a large price tag on fake money in a game where getting that same money by cheating is very easy.........

TheStalked
  • TheStalked

ayy lmao

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:24 PM

I don't see how we forced into buying cash-cards, money is so easily earned in this game. It doesn't take long to make a million.

• Zanje and Miss Malevolent like this

GoodGreen
  • GoodGreen

Gustavo "Gus" Fring

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:26 PM

Don't hold your breath waiting for them to remove the gifted cash. They say one thing then do another... They never removed glitched cash from LSC did they?...and they will not remove gifted cash either...

Jyra
  • Jyra

Radical Larry

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:28 PM

New card is a good value if you ask me.

TheStalked
  • TheStalked

ayy lmao

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:28 PM

Don't hold your breath waiting for them to remove the gifted cash. They say one thing then do another... They never removed glitched cash from LSC did they?...and they will not remove gifted cash either...

People only made a couple of million from it, whilst wasting hours of play time. People are getting billions within a second.

They'll remove it, I'm sure of it.

paddiwak87
  • paddiwak87

Le Sage

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:29 PM

I wonder what the guys from R* who made the very first gta games would think of all this... You can't make such great video games without loving what you do and I doubt cash cards were thought out by those very same people. I remember RDR and the dlc that came after, that was the kind of money worth investing in a game after buying. Or the dlc for gta iv for example... I puke whenever I hear about season passes for games like call of duty etc, buy a game for 70 euros and add another 50 to have a couple of maps. Is it all coming to this?? Very sad days ahead of us.
  • Little Red Nurgling, Omnifarious, PandaLambpaws and 3 others like this

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

You Fool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:29 PM

It reminds me of that car in Gran Turismo 6 which costs £120/$200 to buy as a microtransaction.

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:31 PM Edited by gn1992, 30 December 2013 - 01:31 PM.

It reminds me of that car in Gran Turismo 6 which costs £120/$200 to buy as a microtransaction.

That's something I'm pissed about too.

Bought that damn game and never played again. They f*cked up with these microtransactions, you can't earn money without grinding it for 100s of hours..

Or using that glitch they discovered.. 

OR feeding their greed buying cash cards, which is something that I'll never do.

Jyra
  • Jyra

Radical Larry

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:32 PM

I would be willing to buy DLC that added a picture of a horse on the side of my car.

I would also purchase armor for said horse.

• Phyxsius-, MantisFang, blackwolfred and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users