Acting normal is also fun in GTA V

49 replies to this topic
esato
  • esato

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:30 PM

GTA IV was slow paced and good for acting normal but had small map without landscapes, countryside, good weather etc. We got all that in GTA V but cars physics feels arcady, driving cars make you feel like you are in racing game, not GTA semi-realistic world so its hard  to act normal. However acting normal on foot is quite good but the AI is stupid

But if we think... maybe the people AI is purposely f*cked because is LS, land of crazies... hahahah who knows...?

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:31 PM

P.S. But even with Trevor, Michael or my Online char, the same happens... It's just worst with F.

Yeah. Because of this people sent R* messages accusing them of making the police racist towards F. R* had to deny that the police are racist on numerous interviews themselves. :lol:

esato
  • esato

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:36 PM Edited by esato, 30 December 2013 - 04:38 PM.

P.S. But even with Trevor, Michael or my Online char, the same happens... It's just worst with F.

Yeah. Because of this people sent R* messages accusing them of making the police racist towards F. R* had to deny that the police are racist on numerous interviews themselves. :lol:

Unfortunatelly, some police officers are racist on everywhere... US, Europe, Brazil...

and this happens not only with black people .. but they are against foreign people too..

but it was wickedly funny... get 2 stars with F doing the same thing that you get 1 with M.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:40 PM

Unfortunatelly, some police officers are racist on everywhere... US, Europe, Brazil...

and this happens not only with black people .. but they are against foreign people too..

but it was wickedly funny... get 2 stars with F doing the same thing that you get 1 with M.

A shame that it's like that, it really ruins the freeroam experience at times. People just want to explore, that isn't a crime!

R* really need to fix this issue of peds calling the police for no reason.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• None
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:50 PM

Well it's something I like to do also in GTA IV . Infact I find taking things slowly instead of acting like a maniac more fun most of the time.

It's not weird at all.

Ditto. You really can't experience the immense detail of the world and its inhabitants if all you do is mowing the sidewalks going 120Mph. Taking things slow shows what the game is really made of. Hell, one of my favourite things to do In GTA IV was to take rides in the back of a taxi cab just to look out and enjoy the scenery. Unfortunately the camera is fixed outside of the taxi cab in GTA V. So I'm unable to that. But for GTA V, I've grown quite fond of walking and cruising around, taking pictures of everything that catches my interest along the way. If the Sun is just about to set, that can be a truly mesmerising experience.

autotheftgrand
  • autotheftgrand

Hotwired

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:39 PM

Taking your time getting into character makes killing so much more brutal in my opinion, start feeling sorry for the per after you've beaten him with a crowbar, lol.

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

Go hard or Go home

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:44 PM

GTA V is not all about killing people, getting the cops to chase you... I sometimes like to go to the LS canals, go to the top of one of the bridges and smoke a cigarette. Then taking a stroll through Venice beach. Call me a weirdo if you want, but taking things a bit calmly in this is game is also quite fun and relaxing, i mean, who doesn't enjoy this view:

0_0.jpg

I know sometimes i just go in the bar where the darts is and smoke cigarettes and drink beer and have bar fights too lol

I also like to get my bike and ride all day on nice curvy roads and stop to take pictures at the landscape. Or even cruising around on the Highway near Sandy Shores, i just remember good old days when i used to ride my bike and feel all the wind on your arms and helmet. I miss the old days.

0_0.jpg

Yea me too i love free roaming around with a pegassi bati

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:59 PM Edited by SmoothGTA, 30 December 2013 - 06:00 PM.

You aren't alone OP, not by a long shot.

I usually have some purpose when I'm free roaming peacefully, be it hunting for space ship parts or letter scraps. But it's still fun to go around the world on foot, the detail of the GTA worlds has always been the best at that speed.

Playing a round of golf or spending an afternoon BASE jumping always makes the action pop that much more when I do eventually find myself driving and shooting like a lunatic.

Contrast is the key here.
  • Cutter De Blanc likes this

RiaJay21
  • RiaJay21

Post-Post-Ironic

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:00 PM

Yeah, I like to take it slow sometimes. Drive through Blaine County, hike through the mountains, take a boat out for a cruise. But, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, I tend to play differently depending on which character I'm playing as; taking it slow in much the same way as I assume they normally would. So, in Trevor's case, 'taking it slow' might just involve smashing a bottle in someone's face or 'accidentally' mowing down a few pedestrians. Not always, but sometimes. Michael can often be found on a yacht or by the pool or playing a round of tennis. Franklin cruising along the highway on his Bagger, or taking Chop for a walk in Vinewood park. And, yeah, sometimes 'taking it slow' means getting blind drunk and running from the cops, but sometimes, it doesn't have to.

GTA V is what you make it. To a degree.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:22 PM

GTA V is not all about killing people, getting the cops to chase you... I sometimes like to go to the LS canals, go to the top of one of the bridges and smoke a cigarette. Then taking a stroll through Venice beach. Call me a weirdo if you want, but taking things a bit calmly in this is game is also quite fun and relaxing, i mean, who doesn't enjoy this view:

0_0.jpg

How do you smoke?

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:33 PM Edited by Los Santos Police Department, 30 December 2013 - 07:35 PM.

0_0.jpg

How do you smoke?

It's in online only (you can smoke in SP as well, but only in your safehouse)

Just open up your inventory online, and you should find "smokes" there. If you haven't got any, buy them from the local stores in Los Santos.

astro2
  • astro2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:40 PM

0_0.jpg

you're not an idiot, your doing what i've wanted in a GTA game since EVER i.e enjoying a 3d world

thats the whole point of a 'sandbox' game, i have no idea why retards prefer this 100% completion garbage that does NOTHING. I mean seriously what fun do you have driving on a huge ass map from one side to another to some area to pick up a tiny object (package) then rinse and repeat then FINALLY out of all that exhaustion you get 100%, big WHOOP.

I did it once just for the fun of it MANY years ago in 'vice city' and all i got was 'hired gunmen' that cost heaps, and died alot and i don't think you can rebuy them, waste of my time

WHAT I WANT IN GTA

is a 3D world where i can do normal stuff just like you, but not the stupid smoking thing i mean its like the "doing drugs" or "drink booze" option in GTAV, WHOCARES?!? you can't actually feel or smell or taste the stuff you do, until they invent VR goggles and invent a next gen console that allows you to jack into the system mATRIX style its pointless

but you are on the right track, i want the game to have more interactions, they made a hype of the map being 5X bigger then red dead, big whoop, you can't smell the trees, you can't camp (despite rumours saying you could when it was still in development) open space is useless, utilise the resources better i.e i'd rather a smaller map with more INTERACTIVITY and options. Not only a few buildings you can go in and the rest are just doors painted on the wall

like in this you can't have real conversations with peds, you can only spew looped words, which then turns to negativity then the peds run off or call the cops, i'd rather talk to peds be friends, make contacts, go on myth hunts around the map, chat up bikini clad babes on the beach and take them back to the pad for some banging (that ends in a sexy cut scene, none of this time lapse garbage). I mean franklins house is dope, but so what, so little to do and you cant' even take the wine from the wine fridge and have a huge sexy drug party like all the millionaires do in the game

I want the option to go through a hotel and go into any room, rob the place or what not, rob any house on the map, MORE interactivity. A huge 3D world gone to waste i reckon

p.s another thing they need is the ability to pick up people both standing or on the ground, i'd love to chuck bitches off a bridge :D (bwahaa)

just-a-spaz
  • just-a-spaz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

0_0.jpg

you're not an idiot, your doing what i've wanted in a GTA game since EVER i.e enjoying a 3d world

thats the whole point of a 'sandbox' game, i have no idea why retards prefer this 100% completion garbage that does NOTHING. I mean seriously what fun do you have driving on a huge ass map from one side to another to some area to pick up a tiny object (package) then rinse and repeat then FINALLY out of all that exhaustion you get 100%, big WHOOP.

I did it once just for the fun of it MANY years ago in 'vice city' and all i got was 'hired gunmen' that cost heaps, and died alot and i don't think you can rebuy them, waste of my time

WHAT I WANT IN GTA

is a 3D world where i can do normal stuff just like you, but not the stupid smoking thing i mean its like the "doing drugs" or "drink booze" option in GTAV, WHOCARES?!? you can't actually feel or smell or taste the stuff you do, until they invent VR goggles and invent a next gen console that allows you to jack into the system mATRIX style its pointless

but you are on the right track, i want the game to have more interactions, they made a hype of the map being 5X bigger then red dead, big whoop, you can't smell the trees, you can't camp (despite rumours saying you could when it was still in development) open space is useless, utilise the resources better i.e i'd rather a smaller map with more INTERACTIVITY and options. Not only a few buildings you can go in and the rest are just doors painted on the wall

like in this you can't have real conversations with peds, you can only spew looped words, which then turns to negativity then the peds run off or call the cops, i'd rather talk to peds be friends, make contacts, go on myth hunts around the map, chat up bikini clad babes on the beach and take them back to the pad for some banging (that ends in a sexy cut scene, none of this time lapse garbage). I mean franklins house is dope, but so what, so little to do and you cant' even take the wine from the wine fridge and have a huge sexy drug party like all the millionaires do in the game

I want the option to go through a hotel and go into any room, rob the place or what not, rob any house on the map, MORE interactivity. A huge 3D world gone to waste i reckon

p.s another thing they need is the ability to pick up people both standing or on the ground, i'd love to chuck bitches off a bridge :D (bwahaa)

Go outside and talk to people. This is still a video game and if you think Rockstar seriously has the time to make every building enterable with all the interiors designed as well as allow you to have full conversations with people and turn them into friends... you're just crazy.

No matter how much Rockstar gives... you still want more.

"It does ALL OF THIS, but it doesn't do THIS... stupid lazy Rockstar"

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Soldier

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:05 PM

I like to just drive and fly around the map, I don't need to rob shops because I'm rich and I like to do other activities to pass the time till my businesses pay up the weekly profits. 

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

I get curious about the content, the dialogue, the atmosphere of particular areas etc. That is why I ALSO enjoy normal behavior in these games. Yes, I want my character to be able to sit on the beach on occasion or say something friendly to a passing pedestrian. I'm not looking for a substitute for reality -- games are an escape from that. Exploring an imaginary world is FUN. I have a deep appreciation for the artistry and work that is put into creating these maps. Yes, I want to see everything that was done and not miss a single detail. R* is one of the few game developers that gives us that extra extra. Of course we want more content and refinements with every release.

Yoga (which was just funny) but not a fishing mini-game. *confused*

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:37 PM Edited by killahmatic, 11 January 2014 - 10:50 PM.

I don't really do anything THAT calm, but I tend to do normal stuff. Parachuting, jetskiing, mountain biking. 

I'd say the most calm thing I do is ride the bike path at the beach, at normal speed from one end to the other, and back. I also enjoy a nice ride up HWY 11 on Franklin's harley.

Doing things like that make the intense moments much better. 

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

I like hanging out at the amusement park on the pier, among other things. It's very pretty at night.

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

Yeah, I can become a f*cking weirdo at times too. I prefer playing as Michael and cruise around the harbor like a sad old man.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

One day my plane leaves

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:47 PM

Since GTA2 I've been playing it like that, aside from the occasional rampage. But it is nice to act calm and just enjoy what's around you.

but if someone crashes into my car, the killing spree starts.

This. I get so pissed.

Deus Ex
  • Deus Ex

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:58 PM

I tend to do that from time to time. Usually to relax myself. It usually works. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users