Acting normal is also fun in GTA V

49 replies to this topic
SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:31 PM

GTA V is not all about killing people, getting the cops to chase you... I sometimes like to go to the LS canals, go to the top of one of the bridges and smoke a cigarette. Then taking a stroll through Venice beach. Call me a weirdo if you want, but taking things a bit calmly in this is game is also quite fun and relaxing, i mean, who doesn't enjoy this view:

0_0.jpg

• IveGotNoValues, theGTAking101, DannyMan and 2 others like this

gukklleb_911nn
  • gukklleb_911nn

I didn't like Snakes on a Plane

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:33 PM

I like to just spend my time in sandy shores off-roading with dune buggies and stuff.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

If it's hostile, you kill it.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:36 PM

Normally I also explore the map in a calm manner, but if someone crashes into my car, the killing spree starts.

• /Tuomaz, I<3GTAV, theGTAking101 and 6 others like this

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

Big dog. Big nuts

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:37 PM

I just use the content creator in SP and just have a comfy relaxing session with no cops,peds or cars in the way. Usually I create a TDM that lasts for minutes then after it starts, I abandon it and proceed to do my stuff.
  • saintsrow likes this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:44 PM

Well it's something I like to do also in GTA IV . Infact I find taking things slowly instead of acting like a maniac more fun most of the time.

It's not weird at all.
  • Strength and theGTAking101 like this

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:52 PM

Haven’t managed to fully explore the entire map but they have made an incredibly beautiful game. The graphics are fairly good especially considering how outdated the console is for example: frame rates do fall at some parts of the map otherwise you can easily spent over 40 hours just exploring.

Well, even acting normal in V comes with some funny reactions. You need to be careful in how you react in this game compared to previous GTA's. I like the realism; well most of it.

• saintsrow and Scumbag_Dave like this

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:55 PM

Wow I didn't try to explore it in a calm way yet. Gonna try it today.. I'm tired of all the killing
  • Scumbag_Dave likes this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:01 PM

Wow I didn't try to explore it in a calm way yet. Gonna try it today.. I'm tired of all the killing

You're not tired of the killing, you're out of ammo. :p

• Yan22 likes this

PreciousWall
  • PreciousWall

Stayin' Alive

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:03 PM

Normally I also explore the map in a calm manner, but if someone crashes into my car, the killing spree starts.

the theory is, a white dot meets another dot result in x

• saintsrow, UltraGizmo64 and Scumbag_Dave like this

autotheftgrand
  • autotheftgrand

Hotwired

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:04 PM

I've made it a mission to explore some areas on foot, to walk around and take the atmosphere in properly. Last night I walked around the mirror park area and downtown. It was awesome, dog walkers and joggers around mirror park compared to tramps and police in downtown.

Tonight I'm going to walk around little seoul and vespucci beach.

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:27 PM

You're not tired of the killing, you're out of ammo. :p

I'm always with max ammo

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:08 PM

I also like to get my bike and ride all day on nice curvy roads and stop to take pictures at the landscape. Or even cruising around on the Highway near Sandy Shores, i just remember good old days when i used to ride my bike and feel all the wind on your arms and helmet. I miss the old days.

0_0.jpg

Лёшенька
  • Лёшенька

KGB agent

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:09 PM

GTA V is not all about killing people, getting the cops to chase you... I sometimes like to go to the LS canals, go to the top of one of the bridges and smoke a cigarette. Then taking a stroll through Venice beach. Call me a weirdo if you want, but taking things a bit calmly in this is game is also quite fun and relaxing, i mean, who doesn't enjoy this view:

This is exactly what I am going to do when and if GTA V comes out on PC. Screw the shootings and car chases.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:21 PM

Well it's something I like to do also in GTA IV . Infact I find taking things slowly instead of acting like a maniac more fun most of the time.

It's not weird at all.

Liberty City was a good place to explore. I remember taking the LC subway to downtown, then exploring it. 

In V it's a bit different. There is a countryside, and a larger variety of vehicles. Now we can take an RV to Chilliad, or walk around the many beaches around southern San Andreas.

• Strength likes this

Daymaro67
  • Daymaro67

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:31 PM

Good I'm not the only one that does this, it is just as fun just cruising down the highway not going to anywhere in particular, than being on a killing spree. I usually spend most of my time in Sandy shores mainly its quite out there away from the city I can my own thing. I do tend to stay out of the city a lot more now I'll explore elsewhere but the city, and I know there are still loads of hills, caves and stuff to explore.

esato
  • esato

Hustler

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:40 PM

Try do it using a bike.

When I'm driving a car... eventually a get it fast and I lost the little details on the map... doing this with a bike you'll won't lose these little special things.

And... try this on Single Player. In Online... the chance to get killed is big, or try with friends.

• DaRkL3AD3R likes this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:55 PM Edited by Los Santos Police Department, 30 December 2013 - 02:56 PM.

Try do it using a bike.

Reminds me of this screenshot R* gave us back when everyone was begging for screens instead of trailers:

grand-theft-auto-5-screens-show-off-bike

The best way to explore southern San Andreas.

• DaRkL3AD3R likes this

mambonutz
  • mambonutz

Northern Canuck

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:19 PM

I travel up the East Coast many times on the highway, and go right up to the shore around the lighthouse.

It's amazing how Rockstar has created the atmosphere that gives me that sort of serenity when I look out over the water.

I take many pictures as well...the sunsets are sweet.

I just bought a motorcycle, and want to take it out for a spin!

Strength
  • Strength

Sugar Tits

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:46 PM Edited by Strength, 30 December 2013 - 03:48 PM.

It's not weird at all.

+ 1

Ever since GTA I like to play this way. You know act normal. Explore everything that game has to offer. Like taking a walk to the streets, check out every single detail, ped animations, relations and characteristic, gang territories (well that was hard in some games, cough GTA III, cough Vice City, cough SA because of constant gang shooting on a player), graffitis, unique buldings, interiors. I also like to drive normal (I am not all about obeying the traffic rules and lights, but I like to drive on the roads only, not sidewalks, grass and so on. Also I don't like to hit other cars, hit and run peds, bump into light poles, fences, buildings. You know, I have my own set of rules that I obey in the game. Thats why I love GTA  V. It gives me the feeling of a real life simulator. Everything is so alive, fluid and beautiful (I didn't say it does not have it's own flaws). I play GTA V as it's a crime movie. With cinematic camera constantly turned on while driving. Walking towards the objects not running, also having the unique aproach to the missions. I don't just go to the mission and run and gun everything that moves. I like to plan every move ahead to take as less damage as possible and make it cinematicly fulfiled with alot of action and epic combat. I also like to make my own objectives to fulfil the day. Like: With Franklin I will take Chop early in the morning and take a walk in the neighborhood. Explore CGF territory, Vagos territory, Ballas territory, then go home, dismiss Chop, light up a smoke, watch some TV and drink some bear. Also I like to build up my stamina and lung capacity by taking a run on Vespucci beach or go swiming in the sea. Also go to strip clubs quite often, clubbing with Lamar or Trevor and geting wasted, cinema with Michael, doing side activities like properties, strangers and freaks and so on with all three characters. While with Michael I play as an middle age alcoholic who is going trough the worst midlife chrisis, trying to find his purpose in life besides crime and getting his family back. Doing stuff for Epsilon cult, taking care of property business, exploring wilderness. taking on the random events and so on. With Trevor I like to go a little bit crazy because it fits his personality. I like to get wasted then visit LOST M.C.hangouts and have a gun or fist fight with them. After I bought a Scrapyard propertie I went on a night shift and looked for a parking lots to blow cars with sticky bombs to incrase my income and run frow police (three stars) without getting caught. Blowing up the police cars in front of the station, fighting off the hordes of police in back alleys all the way to construction site, climbing up on the top of the skycrane, have a shootout with police helicopters, then after getting rid of them all, jumping from the crane and deploying my parachute to land on a electric tram and continue the fight on five stars all the way to the canal through the train tracks and loosing them in the sewers. Also I like to get wasted (especially when Trevor takes meth in his trailer house), take a plane, fly very high above the Fort Zancudo, free fall right into the base, land pefectly on a jet, take it without taking any damage from the military and a have a flight fight with other jets in the air. So on, so on. I could list my activities all day. There are so many thing this game allows you to do, you just need to turn on your imagination. I don't know how can people say they are bored of this game? I heaven't touched any other game in three months and with so many opportunities and things to do I think I want for a very, very long time.

• Detective Phelps and Ash'R9k. like this

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:59 PM Edited by Woll Smoth, 30 December 2013 - 04:00 PM.

I TRY to act normal in V, but it just doesn't end well, since the sh*tty AI ALWAYS call the cops on me for standing still. :/

• Alvarez likes this

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:05 PM

^ lol.. warning acting normal not allowed here!

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:07 PM

I TRY to act normal in V, but it just doesn't end well, since the sh*tty AI ALWAYS call the cops on me for standing still. :/

Explore the countryside, no assholes there. LS citizens are known for their paranoia.

• Ash'R9k. likes this

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:11 PM

It's not weird at all.

Lol, It's hard to imagine Niko Bellic kills 10.000 people, running over everybody he sees, chopping children's hands off, cutting throats,

smugling people, selling and killing people. All at a church wall.

Yes, it's always nice to play calmly in GTA games. I do that mostly in GTA SA.

Atm I don't have IV and V.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:11 PM

Try do it using a bike.

Reminds me of this screenshot R* gave us back when everyone was begging for screens instead of trailers:

grand-theft-auto-5-screens-show-off-bike

The best way to explore southern San Andreas.

Fact. Get a Scorcher and just cruise around taking in the sights. So satisfying.

esato
  • esato

Hustler

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:14 PM

Even in the countryside, if I stand close to someone (or try take a snap) they call the police.... With Franklin... I'm dead already...

TheMysteryKnight
  • TheMysteryKnight

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

I like to go on the beach and talk to everyone, usually ends up with me insulting them, and then they want to call the cops so I have to punch them in the face. 

esato
  • esato

Hustler

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

Unfortunatelly, on GTAO the people just want to kill the other players... I lost the number of times that I tried to come close other player and call him/her to get in my car or just follow me for a nice ride and I get a shot on face... sad.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:23 PM Edited by Los Santos Police Department, 30 December 2013 - 04:24 PM.

Even in the countryside, if I stand close to someone (or try take a snap) they call the police.... With Franklin... I'm dead already...

"With Franklin" seems to explain everything....

Don't stand close to the peds, if you want to take a pic of them, take it from a distance.

I know this is messed up. Peds are calling us every second just because someone is standing next to them. :lol:

As for online, just go on a private session so no-one interrupts your experience.

esato
  • esato

Hustler

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:26 PM Edited by esato, 30 December 2013 - 04:28 PM.

"With Franklin" seems to explain everything....

Don't stand close to the peds, if you want to take a pic of them, take it from a distance.

I know this is messed up. Peds are calling us every second just because someone is standing next to them. :lol:

As for online, just go on a private session so no-one interrupts your experience.

". Peds are calling us..."

Hahahaha nice!

I just saw your nickname now!

P.S. But even with Trevor, Michael or my Online char, the same happens... It's just worst with F.

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:28 PM

GTA IV was slow paced and good for acting normal but had small map without landscapes, countryside, good weather etc. We got all that in GTA V but cars physics feels arcady, driving cars make you feel like you are in racing game, not GTA semi-realistic world so its hard  to act normal. However acting normal on foot is quite good but the AI is stupid

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users