Photo

Merryweather Mesa

53 replies to this topic
RogueStatus
  • RogueStatus

DTA Posse

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:28 PM

So i picked up my Merryweather Mesa a long time ago and its probably my most used vehicle. i got it after killing Merryweather on a failed bounty attempt.

it was the open top version and i was just fine with it.

Well last night i started a gang attack out by the beach by the military base and i noticed they arrive in both types of Mesas. i really like the look of the hardtop one so i took it and took it to LSC and replaced my other Mesa with it.

Not til i got home did i realize the game would say this vehicle cannot be storred in your garage. i left the session and then it was parked in my garage.

I think this question was asked a few weeks ago, but can we expect this to be removed from us with an upgrade soon like some other vehicles previously?

MistGoose
  • MistGoose

Consigliere

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:30 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Rockstar takes this away also.

They do not know fun and tries their best to kill it.

• M210F, Ultra Elite0 and TimelyMeerkat like this

HellStag
  • HellStag

Bay City King

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:32 PM

I've been wondering this myself, and wouldn't be surprised if it happened. But at the same time, I feel like they won't deem any more vehicles "unstorable." I wonder why it said you couldn't store it? Maybe because it was from a gang attack? I'm not too sure how to explain how that would make sense

RogueStatus
  • RogueStatus

DTA Posse

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:34 PM

Im afraid to take it back out of my garage again for fear of never getting it back again...

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

$CASH OVERFLOW$

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:41 PM

weird, anyway dont drive it out of your garage yourself, have your mechanic bring the mesa to you, when done leave it on the street dont try to put in the garage.

Brophers
  • Brophers

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:45 PM

That is really odd, didn't even realise there was an open topped one. I have had the hard top for ages and stored. I sent mercs after a friend and then stole the jeep from the ones he killed before he died. Just insured it no problem.

Is one of my favourite vehicles now its fast as you like.

RogueStatus
  • RogueStatus

DTA Posse

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:18 PM

open top isnt too bad... its a lot more common than the hard top thats for sure. i was happy to find the hard top

Dilkington
  • Dilkington

San Andreas Alternative News Host

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:22 PM Edited by Dilkington, 30 December 2013 - 01:29 PM.

I've had the Mesa since mid-October when GTA Online was still trying to become fully functional. I've used it a fair bit, even in a couple of car meets through people on this site, and it has never disappeared or behaved strangely. I can get it replaced by the insurance people, I can get it delivered by my mechanic, and I can drive it in and out of my garage freely just like any other car without fear of it vanishing.

Don't worry about it. It was a regular vehicle before the patches and it still behaves as one now, I think it's just when you initially try to obtain it that it bugs out and doesn't want to be stored as a personal vehicle.

• Barry Spock likes this

RogueStatus
  • RogueStatus

DTA Posse

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:42 PM

I've had the Mesa since mid-October when GTA Online was still trying to become fully functional. I've used it a fair bit, even in a couple of car meets through people on this site, and it has never disappeared or behaved strangely. I can get it replaced by the insurance people, I can get it delivered by my mechanic, and I can drive it in and out of my garage freely just like any other car without fear of it vanishing.

Don't worry about it. It was a regular vehicle before the patches and it still behaves as one now, I think it's just when you initially try to obtain it that it bugs out and doesn't want to be stored as a personal vehicle.

hahaa oh my misbehaves sometimes...

0_0.jpg

• vozi45 likes this

plnkfloydian
  • plnkfloydian

|ATHF|

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:51 PM

I have the open top mesa myself but would like the hard top, anyone on xbox willing tp send a few bountys my way? plnkfloydian

RogueStatus
  • RogueStatus

DTA Posse

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:11 PM

I have the open top mesa myself but would like the hard top, anyone on xbox willing tp send a few bountys my way? plnkfloydian

Head to the west beach... to the west of the military base. cross the bridge and take your next left and follow the dirt road around the bend. has to be at night and do the gang attack. you will have your choice of either one there. far easier than dealing with Merryweather.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:13 PM

It says the same thing when I try to drive my mariachi tornado into my garage but it always reappears inside after getting a new vehicle

Fox2Quick
  • Fox2Quick

Foxmaster Flex

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:15 PM

You can drive it in and out of your garage just fine. I take mine out all the time.

RogueStatus
  • RogueStatus

DTA Posse

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:23 PM

i used to take mine out all the time when it was the Merryweather one. now that i took this from the gang attack, i get that message

MistGoose
  • MistGoose

Consigliere

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:04 PM

So it's not the MW Mesa - only the gang attack one.

Nice to know.

Fox2Quick
  • Fox2Quick

Foxmaster Flex

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:06 PM

Nice to know.

No. It's whether or not you got it before 1.07. Or it might've been 6.

RogueStatus
  • RogueStatus

DTA Posse

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:06 PM

Nice to know.

from what i can tell, yes. but i had the MW Mesa for a long time. got it about as early as possible so i wasnt sure if there was a patch in between then and now.

NorthernHawk
  • NorthernHawk

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:15 PM

Mine got blown up while trying to enter LSC, and I can't get it back.  If I phone my mechanic it says shows it as destroyed.  I phone Mohr's insurance, and they don't answer.

MistGoose
  • MistGoose

Consigliere

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

No. It's whether or not you got it before 1.07. Or it might've been 6.

You mean the MW Mesa?

Because I got mine in the 1.08 patch and haven't encountered any problems, yet.

virmonk
  • virmonk

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:29 PM

I had this issue when obtaining mine weeks ago. You cant save the vehicles from missions anymore and its possible the same is true for gang attacks. Well you can't pull in your garage at least. My solution was to call mercs on someone and that vehicle went in garage no problem. If you got it in your garage now I wouldn't worry about pulling out of your garage.

MookStunna
  • MookStunna

Il Duce; The Fuel Junkie Mafia

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:32 PM

It's really cool to look at.  In my opinion, after it's modded out, it's not very fun to drive.  It's wobbly, and since the stock tires are bigger, even the off road tires look small.  I got rid of mine for a SUV.  Needed a baller status Heist Vehicle LOL!

gtarmanrob
  • gtarmanrob

Aussie Made

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

I got mine very early on in the game, from Titan of a Job. still have it, have taken it in and out with no dramas at all. with regards to "vehicle cannot be stored", if that happens during a mission, it means you advanced too far into the mission and your garage has become locked. happens in a lot of missions, with any car. I personally haven't tested Titan of a Job since the latest patches, but maybe try that mission, get to the airfield and clear it out but DON'T trigger any objective points, or avoid the plane at least.

steal a Jeep and try storing it, then head back to the airport and continue. it should work, does for me for a lot of missions where I want to keep a vehicle that seems to only spawn then. its how I got my Daemon from Wet Work. however when I tried getting a Daemon from Cleaning the Cat House, as I grabbed the bike I triggered Anna's pickup and my objective changed to "take her to Madrazzo". even without her on or near the bike, I couldn't access my own garage.

there are some cars that are now totally banned from being stored, like the RatLoader, the Out of Court Settlement Felon GT, the Dominator from Cops Capacity etc. The Mariachi Tornado is probably the same, blocked. personally, I think the notion of disallowing certain types of civilian vehicles and vans etc is fukn stupid, especially when stealing cars is literally the name of this game. but eh, you gotta work with it to enjoy it.

• Barry Spock likes this

HellStag
  • HellStag

Bay City King

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:44 PM

Mine got blown up while trying to enter LSC, and I can't get it back.  If I phone my mechanic it says shows it as destroyed.  I phone Mohr's insurance, and they don't answer.

I think this can happen to any vehicle. Same thing happened to my first Premier. No idea how it happens, but it's pretty lame.

h1r0ll3r
  • h1r0ll3r

Calm and cool with just a hint of psychotic tendencies

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:46 PM

I still have mine and use it quite a bit. Will be pissed if they take it away from me. 

• RogueStatus likes this

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Not The Nicest Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:57 PM

The one troubling thing about the Mesa (aside from the poor handling) is - you can't sell it. Which makes me think they will yank this vehicle sooner or later.

RogueStatus
  • RogueStatus

DTA Posse

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:05 PM

The one troubling thing about the Mesa (aside from the poor handling) is - you can't sell it. Which makes me think they will yank this vehicle sooner or later.

if they follow the pattern so far then yes, they will yank it soon. so far everything that wasnt able to sell, has eventually been removed

• SuperJude™ likes this

gtarmanrob
  • gtarmanrob

Aussie Made

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:47 PM

Does the Elegy trick work for selling it? I reckon it would.

1 - have full garage

2 - drive Mesa out of garage

3 - walk to any other car (that can be stored) and drive it into garage. When asked, choose yes replace and replace Mesa.

4 - walk back out, grab Mesa and take to customs, sell. If you can't sell it, drive it back to garage and replace car you just stored to replace the Mesa a min. ago

This works for selling any of the free cars, stands to reason it could work for the Mesa too. I thought the Mesa could be sold but... It was able to be sold when I first got it.

Username113
  • Username113

EST time

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:11 AM

I will get one of these MW Mesas eventually. Guess I ain't enough of a jerk to get people to call them out on me...

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

GHMC President

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:16 AM

Love both my Mesa's.

Never liked the MW version though.

vipprimo
  • vipprimo

The Most Wanted

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:24 AM

lol, this happened to me too.  I got it from a mission and spent all the cash upgrading it and thought if it let it in LSC that it'll go in my garage and noticed the track and insure option so I knew I had a winner.  Got back and freaked out.  Left, came back, and there it was.  I've used it a lot since then and no problems.  

The Merryweather Mesa I think wasn't originally intended for player use but like the others it got a pass and once everyone loved them so much they decided not to update it.  Mine made it through 2 updates now and is still there so I think we're good.  

I've seen a Merryweather Mesa in just about every garage I've been too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users