1,249 replies to this topic
TJGM
  • TJGM

Big Homie

• Modding Staff
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:49 PM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 26 January 2014 - 05:49 PM.

I found a bug when putting timecyc's into the modloader folder. When i download any timecyc, extract the folder to my desktop and copy and paste it into the modloader folder. It does not work when playing in SA-MP. But, when i play singleplayer it works perfectly. I don't quite understand why this is happening. It's gotta be something with the timecyc's or something. Because when i put the overdose effects folder in modloader it works fine on SA-MP and Singleplayer so it's nothing to do with the data folder. I don't know. :(

SAMP servers use their own timecyc, you can't you a custom timecyc.dat on SAMP without using an edited .exe.

EDIT: Also its not a bug..

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci
  • Brazil
  • Best Tool 2014 [Mod Loader]

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:45 AM Edited by LINK/2012, 31 January 2014 - 05:25 AM.

b2a46998ea78ce742cc90cc3524b636b.png

YAY!
The very well known problem that happens when you replace sound effects from the original game has been "fixed" ;)

Not ready yet but if anyone that want to take a peek: https://dl.dropboxus...81/std-bank.dll
Drop it at modloader/.data/plugins

I'll probably keep SAAT directory structure for sounds, but if anyone have a better idea... :)
  • riquenunes, Silent, TJGM and 5 others like this

Danikov
  • Danikov

The Fake Russian

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:51 AM Edited by Danikov, 31 January 2014 - 05:51 AM.

b2a46998ea78ce742cc90cc3524b636b.png

YAY!
The very well known problem that happens when you replace sound effects from the original game has been "fixed" ;)

Not ready yet but if anyone that want to take a peek: https://dl.dropboxus...81/std-bank.dll
Drop it at modloader/.data/plugins

I'll probably keep SAAT directory structure for sounds, but if anyone have a better idea... :)

So,that means we can replace any sound we want with ease and sound bug-free? ,hell effing yes,good job!!

TJGM
  • TJGM

Big Homie

• Modding Staff
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:43 PM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 31 January 2014 - 07:57 PM.

Testing ML loading sound mods instead of replacing.. since Link thinks I'm his slave and asks me to test stuff I don't want to. (bitrate messed up and I'm too lazy to fix it :I)

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:19 PM Edited by LINK/2012, 31 January 2014 - 08:23 PM.

San Andreas Mod Loader v0.1.10
Feature: The known bug on modded sound effects has been fixed
Feature: Sound effects loader implemented (.wav)
Bug fix: ASI files linked using the Borland linker won't crash modloader anymore (Thanks to SilentPL).
http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=25377

So, have fun with sound effects now, no more sound bugs!

@TheJAMESGM U wot m8
@Danikov HELL YES!
  • Silent, TJGM, uokka and 1 other like this

Danikov
  • Danikov

The Fake Russian

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:34 PM

San Andreas Mod Loader v0.1.10
Feature: The known bug on modded sound effects has been fixed
Feature: Sound effects loader implemented (.wav)
Bug fix: ASI files linked using the Borland linker won't crash modloader anymore (Thanks to SilentPL).

So, have fun with sound effects now, no more sound bugs!

@TheJAMESGM U wot m8
@Danikov HELL YES!

I never thought that such thing would be fixed.

By the way,it has been discussed before,but I didn't seem to understand whether it was a yes or no...will you implement easier vehicle additions(not replacement) to the game?(pretty much like MVL)

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:45 PM Edited by LINK/2012, 31 January 2014 - 08:49 PM.

I never thought that such thing would be fixed.

By the way,it has been discussed before,but I didn't seem to understand whether it was a yes or no...will you implement easier vehicle additions(not replacement) to the game?(pretty much like MVL)

For now, I don't have plans, I'm more focused on supporting all kinds of files and improving modloader.
A MVL-like vehicle addition system may (or mayn't) come on, let's say, version 1.1?

Currently what needs focus is:
  • Support for more data files (easy but boring)
  • Track loader (.ogg) (needs research)
  • Loading CLEO scripts without copy-paste
  • MPACK loader (Maybe unecessary?)
  • Porting to other executables
What may come before the 1.0 release:
  • Configuring modloader (disabling mods, etc) throught the game menu
  • Reading from zipped files
So, the answer for your question is: I may end up doing it, but not for now.
  • uokka likes this

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:59 PM

San Andreas Mod Loader v0.1.11
Bug fix: std-img being auto-deleted fixed

Really specific, but really destructive :p
  • uokka and ByteCode2014 like this

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:02 PM

San Andreas Mod Loader v0.1.11
Bug fix: std-img being auto-deleted fixed

Really specific, but really destructive :p

It happens to the best of us  :lol:

• LINK/2012 and ByteCode2014 like this

NcShane
  • NcShane

Eat apple, aipao!

• Members
  • China

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:57 AM Edited by NcShane, 01 February 2014 - 12:54 PM.

The plugin saved my harddisk from img operations :lol:  But seems .ide files can't be loaded, such as modloader\bsor\vegepart.ide. Or something special about loading .ide files?

Performer
  • Performer

I'M RICH, BIATCH!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:19 AM

So wait.... Does it mean I can just throw all my dffs and txd in there are I dont have to worry about anything?

R4gN0r0K
  • R4gN0r0K

null

• Members
  • Unknown
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:29 AM

yep, thats Modloader

Gramps
  • Gramps

★★★★★

• Modding Staff
  • New-Zealand
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:49 AM

So wait.... Does it mean I can just throw all my dffs and txd in there are I dont have to worry about anything?

Basically, yeah. And there is the .ini file for setting priorities. So if two mods have the same .txd, you could set what mod to load first, and what one to load after.

Best mod like uhhm... ever? Wish I had this puppy years ago.

cuvip
  • cuvip

Jefra Bland, miss teen kentuckey US 2009

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:29 AM

Big cheers to the mod, It saved me from messing with my img files and the anim mod       :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie: . But i suggest not to use the mod to install big Modifications like total conversion. Recommended for all the mod collectors out there  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:

Gramps
  • Gramps

★★★★★

• Modding Staff
  • New-Zealand
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:47 AM

Well, not all data files are supported at the moment, so I prob wouldn't recommend to install TC's atm either.

I think the GrandCarma TC is the only officially supported one atm.

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:32 PM Edited by LINK/2012, 01 February 2014 - 05:04 PM.

Big cheers to the mod, It saved me from messing with my img files and the anim mod       :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie: . But i suggest not to use the mod to install big Modifications like total conversion. Recommended for all the mod collectors out there  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:

As gramps said not all data files are supported yet and for that reason TCs are not yet supported BUT they will be supported in the future :)
The only big TC that seems to work 100% on ML for now is Grandcarma.

The plugin saved my harddisk from img operations :lol:  But seems .ide files can't be loaded, such as modloader\bsor\vegepart.ide. Or something special about loading .ide files?

Yeah, there's something special about .ide files, they need to be folder-structured as the gta.dat asks it to, (gta.dat can be mixed by modloader btw)
Let me quote the documentation:

Usage:

For ide and ipl files, they must be together a gta.dat file (or a gta.dat line in a text file)
and they must be inside the folder the gta.dat requests it to be.

For example, if the gta.dat file says the IPL file is at:
IPL data/maps/mymap/map.IPL

Inside modloader the IPL files must be in a place something like:
modloader/mymod/data/maps/mymap/map.IPL
or even
modloader/mymod/folder1/folder2/folder3/data/maps/mymap/map.IPL

That applies to IDE files too.

For other files, such as handling.cfg, just place the file wherever you want (of course inside a mod folder)
Remember, it can detect lines from readme (.txt) files.

EDIT:
By the way, BSOR comes already with the directory structure like that:
BSOR/data/maps/generic/vegepart.ide
So hm, did you move it out of the structure? No need to do so.
You don't need to worry about sub-directories inside the actual mod directory ;)

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:56 PM

San Andreas Mod Loader v0.1.12
Bug fix: Random crashes caused by std-bank fixed
Bug fix: The wave loader accepts the extended wave format header now
  • DK22Pac, uokka and In45do like this

Sidoarjo_Modder
  • Sidoarjo_Modder

【=◈‿◈=】

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:02 AM

this mod is really useful, especially for who that won't messing up the game files, ...or the lazy person like me :p

can you make the mod will load the single line of vehicle stats configuration files (handling.cfg / carcols.dat / vehicle.ide / carmods.dat), so we don't need to find & replace the whole file. i see this mod just loads the whole stats file and find the differences and then mixing it up with the original file. :/

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:11 AM

can you make the mod will load the single line of vehicle stats configuration files (handling.cfg / carcols.dat / vehicle.ide / carmods.dat), so we don't need to find & replace the whole file. i see this mod just loads the whole stats file and find the differences and then mixing it up with the original file

Just create a .txt file and place the line(s) there :)

NcShane
  • NcShane

Eat apple, aipao!

• Members
  • China

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:06 AM

:blush: Every plugin had readme

Sidoarjo_Modder
  • Sidoarjo_Modder

【=◈‿◈=】

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:08 AM

can you make the mod will load the single line of vehicle stats configuration files (handling.cfg / carcols.dat / vehicle.ide / carmods.dat), so we don't need to find & replace the whole file. i see this mod just loads the whole stats file and find the differences and then mixing it up with the original file

Just create a .txt file and place the line(s) there :)

whoops my bad. just tested it, really works ..

you should deserve an awards for this mod, actually this is one of best SA mods ever.

anyway thanks for making this man :)

• LINK/2012, TJGM and In45do like this

NoaJM
  • NoaJM

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:18 AM

you should deserve an awards for this mod, actually this is one of best SA mods ever.

anyway thanks for making this man :)

I agree, you're a god. I'm surprised this hadn't achieved overnight fame in the modding community (or maybe it has and I just don't know) because this thing is a godsend.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:19 AM Edited by BLlTZ, 02 February 2014 - 11:34 AM.

Is anyone having problems like me with loading a save while playing the game. I'm using SRt3+Lod with trees, but it does crash when I want ot load a save.

Ops, false alarm. They all actually work. I used someone else savegame for a minor report problem. Sorry about this.

NoaJM
  • NoaJM

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:27 PM

Speaking of the recent addition of audio loading, does anyone know why using the SAAT method was glitchy?

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Modding Staff
  • Poland
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:41 PM

Speaking of the recent addition of audio loading, does anyone know why using the SAAT method was glitchy?

SAAT method is not glitchy. It's just SAAT not doing enough alterations to the audio config files  :santa:

• LINK/2012 likes this

DK22Pac
  • DK22Pac

• Feroci
  • Ukraine
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D Contribution]

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:12 PM

SAAT method is not glitchy. It's just SAAT not doing enough alterations to the audio config files

Isn't this a SAAT problem at all? I said this half-year ago too. :p
  • lolya likes this

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:33 PM

SAAT method is not glitchy. It's just SAAT not doing enough alterations to the audio config files

Isn't this a SAAT problem at all? I said this half-year ago too. :p

It's not a SAAT's bug, it's a feature!

Zera
  • Zera

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:32 AM

I'm getting crashes when trying to load a different save than the one that's already loaded. This is what the log file says:

Unhandled exception at 0x004aa3a1 in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Grand Theft Auto San Andreas\gta_sa.exe": 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000001b.
Calling loader.Shutdown();

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:27 AM Edited by LINK/2012, 03 February 2014 - 05:04 AM.

After hours of blind testing, I still don't know the solution but I found interesting thins related to it that may lead me to the solution.
I removed most Project 2DFX files from modloader and installed on the base (except for the 'put on img files' because meh) and the game didn't crash anymore. Then I put everything else back and crashed. Then I started removing asi by asi from P2DFX and it ended up working. But it doesn't matter which ASI is removed but how many ASI I removed! So I guess it is a problem with the asi loader (std-asi).
I'll do more testing tomorrow.

Do you have Project 2DFX? Does the crash stop when you put it on the modloader ignored list?
What if you remove the asi loader (modloader/.data/plugins/std-asi.dll)?
Anyway send me the entire log because it may be helpful in seeing which files the loader is working with etc.
  • TJGM, ByteCode2014 and Rizqan like this

Rizqan
  • Rizqan

Formerly known as Rizqan7

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:08 PM

GWAsjkC.png
What is it?

San Andreas Mod Loader is an ASI Plugin for Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto San Andreas that adds an extremely user-friendly and easy way to install and uninstall your modifications, without even messing around anything in your game installation.

The usage is simple, you just have to create one or more folders inside modloader folder and drop the mod contents there. It is recommended to have one folder for each modification you have.

Highlights
  • Just extract a mod content, you've just installed a mod.
  • Just delete the mod folder, you've just uninstalled a mod.
  • Do not replace ANY original file, never, really.
  • Data files mixing. Therefore you can for example have 70 handling.cfg files at modloader and they'll work perfectly fine.
  • It reads readme files in search for data lines for replacement.
  • Reloadable models. Just click new game or load game, very useful for modders.
And more, take a look at the readme file ;)

Download
Modloader will always get updated thought GTAGarage

The source code is available under the GPL license, take a look at the project on GitHub

I'm really impressed with this tool/mod, all modders in world must know this! I'm gonna to published it at GTA Gaming, GTA Inside and my blog, but I need your permission first ;)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users