Photo

[SA|REL] Mod Loader

811 replies to this topic
LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:11 AM Edited by LINK/2012, 6 hours ago.

WellgroomedHandsomeAustraliankelpie.gif

What is it?

Mod Loader is an ASI Plugin for Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto San Andreas that adds an extremely user-friendly and easy way to install and uninstall your modifications, without even messing around anything in your game installation.

The usage is simple, you just have to create one or more folders inside modloader directory and drop the mod contents there. It's done, you have installed your mod!

Highlights
  • Just extract a mod content, you've just installed a mod.
  • Just delete the mod folder, you've just uninstalled a mod.
  • Do not replace ANY original file, never, really.
  • Data files mixing. Therefore you can for example have 70 handling.cfg files at modloader and they'll work perfectly fine.
  • It reads readme files in search for data lines for replacement.
  • Replace sound effects without bugs and artifacts!
  • Reloadable models. Just click new game or load game, very useful for modders.
  • And more, take a look at the readme file  ;)
Download
Mod Loader will always get updated thought GTAGarage
http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=25377

The source code is available under the GPL license, take a look at the project on GitHub
  • Wesser, nWo51289, lpgunit and 40 others like this

Gramps
  • Gramps

★★★★★

• Feroci
  • New-Zealand

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:18 AM

First !

R4GN0R0K
  • R4GN0R0K

macfag

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:49 AM

looks awesome!

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:51 AM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 30 December 2013 - 06:59 AM.

Edit: nevermind. :p

EDIT: Okay, nvm, still broken. Original post below.

My modded game refuses to start with it, any idea what type of mod could be causing it? I removed most ASI's including cleo.asi and it still gave me the error.

"this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way"

NcShane
  • NcShane

Changing display name is a fundamental right.

• Members
  • China

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:25 AM

Prepared a clean game to use it.

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:44 AM

Now that would make modding just as easy as it is in The Sims. I'm still accustomed to touching with the game's default asset files, but at least we now have a quicker and non-destructive way of testing mods like cars and stuff. ;)

• Mega and Meheraj7 like this

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:36 PM Edited by LINK/2012, 30 December 2013 - 03:36 PM.

I'd love the feedback of your guys to say if it's working or not, I know it worked pretty well for the alpha-testers but it was a in controlled-enviroment, almost unmodded base game... For that reason I recommended a base game clean, because I'm not sure how things will react to a heavyly modded base game.

Edit: nevermind. :p

EDIT: Okay, nvm, still broken. Original post below.

My modded game refuses to start with it, any idea what type of mod could be causing it? I removed most ASI's including cleo.asi and it still gave me the error.

I'm not sure if it's broken or not, I'm confused about your EDITs :p

Anyway, post the log file modloader/modloader.log
Another interesting way to test out the problem is to find which modloader plugin (the file handlers) is causing the problem, to do so just delete (or just set the priority to 0) for each dll at modloader/.data/plugins

R4GN0R0K
  • R4GN0R0K

macfag

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:31 PM

a few things that did not work:

.cs mods wich need a .fxt or a .ini 

csmodels wont load (i tried cssmoke and cssweet, cutscene stayed black)

i think you know that, but just in case :p

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:48 PM

a few things that did not work:

.cs mods wich need a .fxt or a .ini 

csmodels wont load (i tried cssmoke and cssweet, cutscene stayed black)

i think you know that, but just in case :p

Found out about the special models not loading properly today, I know what's the problem and the fix will be out soon.

About the cs mod that need FXT, they should've work... but only on CLEO4, since on CLEO3 they rely on GxtHook.cleo and as said the loader can't make .cleo plugins load (But I think I can do some tricks about it soon...)

The ini should work too, but it should be inside a CLEO folder.

In fact, I'd recommend CLEO stuff to be inside a CLEO folder, just like that:

modloader\cleo mod name\CLEO\script.cs

modloader\cleo mod name\CLEO\config.ini

modloader\cleo mod name\CLEO\CLEO_TEXT\text.fxt

R4GN0R0K
  • R4GN0R0K

macfag

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:57 PM Edited by R4GN0R0K, 30 December 2013 - 09:59 PM.

10gib78.png

bigger image: http://i42.tinypic.com/2j29bo9.png

thats how i had it  ( i made a cleo folder for all cs mods, it goes like that: gta sa/modloader/cleo)

anyway its not a problem. 

i tried a bigger mod like the ps2 textures to pc and it worked amazing! 

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:04 PM

Are you using CLEO 4?

That CLEO folder, where's it relative to the base directory?

I mean, if it's like that modloader\CLEO\... it's not what I mean

Instead I meant it to be modloader\modname\CLEO\...

Also, you don't have to put everything in a single CLEO folder, but well, I guess that was your choice :p

Post the modloader.log

R4GN0R0K
  • R4GN0R0K

macfag

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:10 PM

i tried if it would work if i put a few mods in one folder just for testing. 

yes i have cleo4, here's my log 

http://pastebin.com/4H7YB08e

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:38 PM Edited by LINK/2012, 30 December 2013 - 10:40 PM.

Indeed, it's not like I said

Reading mod "CLEO\" (0) at "CLEO\"...

You're using like: modloader\CLEO\my cs files

Well, that would work for .cs and .fxt files only, but for ini to work it should be: modloader\CLEO\CLEO\my cs files or something

Looks like the FXT file is being placed in the right place, dunno why it's not working.

So much pain around CLEO instalation, that's what happens when you do dirty things :p

I also noted that your mobilehud asi is not loading, that's weird too, it works here, hm.

R4GN0R0K
  • R4GN0R0K

macfag

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:40 PM

i copied the fxt files to the normal cleo folder, but thanks, i totally forgotten that it takes the cleo folder as the name not the actual folder for cleo files. my bad.

Marty McFly
  • Marty McFly

such fancy, very shaders, so enb, wow

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:11 PM

This is interesting, I always wanted something like this, testing mods without the huge mess it would take to remove them again. Waiting for a .cleo update tho.
  • lpgunit likes this

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:05 AM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 31 December 2013 - 01:27 AM.

Okay, so I reinstalled SA and everything works fine now, although if I change anything in the modloader.ini I get that same error again (below). Even if I put a space that wasn't there before in the .ini I get the error and if I change it back to its original state, I still get the error. I have to replace it with the one you uploaded in the .rar to stop the error.

EDIT: Also, the log doesn't show anything other than it's loading the basic config file, the game won't start at all.

Gramps
  • Gramps

★★★★★

• Feroci
  • New-Zealand

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:54 AM Edited by methodunderg, 01 January 2014 - 11:57 AM.

Yeah I agree with James.

"Installed" iOS Mobile Radar using ML, and worked fine.

Then tried testing the Priority feature by trying to install Citizen-style Radar by NTAuthority (which replaces the same files as iOS Radar), and I get the same error as James too.

See error here: http://gyazo.com/6d4...4ee55d66fbaacc3

(Wouldn't let me properly screenshot the dialog box for some weird reason either)

See screenshots for file location information:

http://gyazo.com/8a4...8875401eef0377a

Edited portion of ModLoader.ini

Spoiler
I presume this would've loaded Citizen_Radar?

Also, if I delete those 2 added lines to the .ini,(to bring it back to original state) I still get the same error when launching, until I replace the .ini with the one from the archive.

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:34 PM Edited by LINK/2012, 01 January 2014 - 03:34 PM.

The error is with any of the modloader libraries or with gta_sa.exe? The text box title should say that?

Also, I'd like to see the log, even that it only shows basic loading, so I know almost exactly where the thing stopped.

I'll try your ini and review the ini parser. If I can't reproduce the bug I'll PM one of your (depending on the time X timezone) with a extremely precise logging at the ini parser...

Some news anyway:

• Got .cleo plugins to load, the loader will take care of 'em instead of CLEO.asi
  • Will be working for the loader to load it's fxt files instead of CLEO.asi, looks like CLEO.asi loads the fxts on startup, I have no idea why it worked for me.
  • Found a bug on the file mixer... oh yeah!
  • Reworking the std-img for a proper, working, non-prototype, version

Nope, the download isn't updated. Soon...

• Sidoarjo_Modder likes this

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:17 PM

The error happens after you edit the .ini and then try to start the game, that's when you it pops up and your screen and the game just closes after you click "ok". Screenshot of the entire log below, pretty much nothing.

jRYNJnl.png

The mod works great without editing the ini though, I managed to get SRT + BSOR to work by combining them instead of using priority's, but everything else works great. It'd be pretty sad if this mod isn't one of the biggest used in the modding community for SA.

uokka
  • uokka

Actually living entity

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:45 AM

Amazing! So easy!

I've just installed modloader onto my heavily modded game and was expecting a crash or something.. nope - It's working! It just works.

Well, big mods make the game load slower but that shouldn't be an issue compared to that unreal easyness it provides.

Thanks a lot. You rock!

Gramps
  • Gramps

★★★★★

• Feroci
  • New-Zealand

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:04 AM

Definately ^

Was waiting for a few more file-support additions; and I was planning on doing a ModLoader vs ReplacingOriginalFiles benchmark to see the performance impact of loading the files externally.

uokka
  • uokka

Actually living entity

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:40 PM

Replacing audio would be nice.

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:54 PM

Amazing! So easy!

I've just installed modloader onto my heavily modded game and was expecting a crash or something.. nope - It's working! It just works.

Well, big mods make the game load slower but that shouldn't be an issue compared to that unreal easyness it provides.

Thanks a lot. You rock!

Thanks for your feedback. By the way, parts of the loader is attached to the loading bar, such as the file mixing algorithm :)

Definately ^

Was waiting for a few more file-support additions; and I was planning on doing a ModLoader vs ReplacingOriginalFiles benchmark to see the performance impact of loading the files externally.

That would be nice.

Based on this result I could even decide if I need more optimization or not, I always wait to do optimization when it is necessary not because I can.

Replacing audio would be nice.

That's in mind, but will be the last thing I'll do, I have some real fear of the audio engine from this game...

R4GN0R0K
  • R4GN0R0K

macfag

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:53 PM

Yeah, some asi mods wont load, idk why MobileHUD isnt working, but for SA:Render it was obvious that it wont run on OSX.

if it works on windows, then you know you did your mod right, its just OSX that wont do it. 

anyways, great job, i have a few mods and i dont see a difference with the loading time!

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:42 PM Edited by LINK/2012, 08 January 2014 - 09:44 PM.

if it works on windows, then you know you did your mod right, its just OSX that wont do it.

Actually i'm not quite sure if it works on Windows, I'm running on Wine :p
However I tried it on Windows yesterday and found a bug that might cause the game to crash on some machines if you try to put a dff/txd/col/whatever_file_that_goes_into_a_img_file that isn't 2KiB aligned. Already fixed.

----
I would like to sorry for the delay for a new update and a topic uglyness fixing!

Gramps
  • Gramps

★★★★★

• Feroci
  • New-Zealand

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:27 PM

Get on Skype, fool.

• Silent and TJGM like this

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:54 AM

So this is kinda Maxo's Vehicle (And More) Loader but for San Andreas instead of Vice City?

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:05 AM

@Up

So this is kinda Maxo's Vehicle (And More) Loader but for San Andreas instead of Vice City?

Nope, this doesn't add new cars.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:17 AM

@Up

Nope, this doesn't add new cars.

Awww... How Disappointing, I hope you get to work on something similar.

R4GN0R0K
  • R4GN0R0K

macfag

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:10 PM

Yeah, some asi mods wont load, idk why MobileHUD isnt working, but for SA:Render it was obvious that it wont run on OSX.

anyways, great job, i have a few mods and i dont see a difference with the loading time!

so are you using linux? and does the sa:render mod for you?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users