RW Released SA Released VC Released III Released
1,762 replies to this topic
ermaccer
  • ermaccer

I can mod everything.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago

It doesn't force you to disable AdBlock though.

• Tomasak likes this

Jinx.
  • Jinx.

certified forklift driver

• Facade
  • Romania
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Jinx., 4 weeks ago.

you have to go through linkshrink to get it? it's not pro enough if you don't

No, but we need to go through a new page with ads and wait some secs before download too.

000000.jpg

So it's pro too.  :cool:
Except that it's not linkshrink at all, but the site's ads, which aren't breaking anything, other than probably the popups. Even then, there wasn't anyone who was complaining about the ads being intrusive or downloading viruses. Also it doesn't force you to disable AdBlock everywhere.

Site ads =/= linkshrink
  • Tomasak and The_Human like this

Junior_Djjr
  • Junior_Djjr

Modding Lover

• Members
  • Brazil
  • Best Map 2016 [San Andreas INSANITY] [Contribution]

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Junior_Djjr, 4 weeks ago.

Except that it's not linkshrink at all, but the site's ads

Site ads =/= linkshrink

And where do you think these ads come from? From another sites too.
Are not site ads, they are on the site.

What about this?
download.mixmods.com.br/10082813/hi
Is it on my site now?
Not because the design is different? And if I change the design?
I can get this page and do embed on my site, so will it be on my site?

You have a very simplistic view of what are ads on sites.

or downloading viruses.

If you download virus, please show me and report it to linkshrink.net/report

Also it doesn't force you to disable AdBlock everywhere.

No, you can use AdBlock. What blocks is Adfly.
000000.jpg
Tested on Opera's AdBlock. I believe it works in any adblock.

I already tested several different ads providers within the page itself of my website (not separated page), the result was much much worse to the point of my site being blocked by Chrome, mobile traffic being redirected to other sites lying to the user saying to have viruses asking to download a app and even mine site was blocked by Google. This with ads on the page.

I also tested other Adfly-type providers such as Ouo, but there were advertisements about sex.

As I said, this is a very simplistic view of what ads are, it makes no difference whether the ads are on a separate site or the same site, in fact, my experience was much more worse when adding ads to my own page. Do you think this does not happen with other sites as well?

The problem is that only bad ads providers accept GTA sites, because of the theme, even more GTAInside that has even nudity.

Ads on GTAInside look a lot like Linkshrink, things like gambling, somewhat illegal ads.

Luckily I got my site to be accepted in Google Adsense :D which are very great ads, absolutely no intrusives, and only 3 banners that don't kill anyone. For this I had to sacrifice a lot of content on my site that was not "family friendly", I have to take care even with pictures with blood, NSFW etc... damn...

Currently my site's revenue is coming mostly from Google Adsense, so, views now are being more important than download. So it's being feasible for me to re-add the "no Linkshrink" button. :)
If all goes well, I'll add the button again, and also more flashy, something like "NO ADS". (formerly there was a text in portuguese that you should not understand, but seeing that 90% of the visitors speak Portuguese, it makes more sense, anyway, the whole world knows what "NO ADS" means).
  • fastman92, Stierlitz and Veryzon like this

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 4 weeks ago

>site blocks adblock
>all links go thru linkshrinkers which are essential slow downs for user, because link shrinker itself doesn't have file on its servers
>do mental gymnastics to justify doing all this crap and making money out of reuploads of someone elses work
>derail yet another thread with ad sh*t, because of greediness

you are full of sh*t Junior.

• Blackbird88, Alexander, iFarbod and 2 others like this

Junior_Djjr
  • Junior_Djjr

Modding Lover

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Junior_Djjr, 4 weeks ago.

>site blocks adblock

I don't want to be rude and I have nothing against you, but if you don't accept to see 3 ad images provided by Google, simply don't visit my site.

Obviously I care what most people think, and the site absolutely has not changed at all in the number of views after forcing it to turn off AdBlock.
People totally support, I will not change because of a minority who don't want to see 3 Google images.

These are personal opinions, sorry, but opinions of thousands of people a day are more important than 5, 10 people. If most accept being forced to turn off AdBlock, that's it...
This is my site decision, if I'm wrong, the prejudiced will be me.

>all links go thru linkshrinkers which are essential slow downs for user, because link shrinker itself doesn't have file on its servers

So the problem is that it's a different server?
See how far we are coming...

>do mental gymnastics to justify doing all this crap

Argue if I'm wrong.

making money out of reuploads of someone elses work

I get very sad when people think that I'm the only site in the world that does reupload of mods that has ads on the screen. :/

There are thousands of sites much, much much more famous than mine that also do this, but why peoples talk only about me? (answer: because I'm here)
I feel that I am the most honest site that most values people's work...

Donate for modders
GTA SA Modders are Warriors

I spend hours a day looking for good mods, fixing them, posting with own descriptions, giving value to the creation and praising the author. The author sees my site and thanks me for this.

Other bigger famous sites than mine do absolutely nothing like me...
http://gtarockstar.net
http://gtasa.com.br
http://www.modsgtasa.net/
http://www.sitedogta.com.br/
(....)
Including being home for mod stealers....
https://www.gtaall.com/
https://www.gtavicecity.ru/
http://www.gamemodding.net/en/
(....)
Why me?

Including almost half of what we post, are our own creations (we are a community, like GTAForums):
http://www.mixmods.com.br/search/label/Nossas%20criações?&max-results=6
What other site has its own content?

For this, I created a forum where I spent years of my life teaching people to create mods, most of the mods in the above link are from people in my forum who have learned from me (or other people there too) and thank me very much for having their mods posted on my site:
http://brmodstudio.forumeiros.com

You're not talking a reality, and your opinion will not change the reality...
I get offense from people because I didn't agree to post his mod on my site. You say like it's the inverse. I gain enemies with this because I'm not "humble" in posting mods of new people...

This must be because I'm here, if it were other owners of other sites, you would be saying the same to them (but much much much worse). There is a very large world outside the GTANet.
I'm here because I care about the community, the rest of the sites is "f*ck you, I just want money". So much that sites republish mods with lies, they releases new versions of mods just to gain attention and downloads to make money (being the same mod with changed version number), republish mod packs with no respect to the authors (which gives a lot of money since a lot of people are looking for, and I'm totally against, including this is my forum rule). All this just to make money. But, the wrong it's me? I'm 101% honest. Even in recent years I created posts denouncing liars, but stopped.

I don't make money by re-uploading mods, I make money by creating content for my site, searching for mods, testing, updating and qualifying only quality mods (I and other posters (I'm not the only adm of this site) open all scripts, .txd etc of each to only post good mods) where it includes a fixed mod, with deep explanations in post and readme, better organization of files for modloader, compatibilities and less download size, and new operating organizations (usually in map mods to don't replace objects, use new IDs) etc...

Do you want me to take care of a site of this size and with this dedication without making money? So teach me how to get free lunch.

And even more: sites like my site, revive forgotten mods, share hidden mods that no one knew, makes people know the authors and their works more transparently and mostly helps the mod not to be lost. After all, how many mods have already been lost by being deleted and no one else has re-uploaded? I myself have mods I created in which I lost them and no one re-posted on another site.

It was me who made people in Brazil know Ryosuke839, nobody knew before I published, even with his mods being 4 years old, today, the whole Brazil knows him (and other modders, like someone here that is reading this now).

My site has been active since 2011 and you only know me today and care about my site because it has grown, and only grew because I make money with this. Without ads you would not even know my site today, the site would be closed, and I would not have created my last mods, mods you guys may use now.

Without the "ad" of the f92la asking for donation, it probably would not be as it is today.

You and others would not have a site where only post content with quality control, since it would not exist today, just as you would not even have known my name.

The world is bigger than you think. And without ads, almost or none of these sharing-mod sites would exist, after all, who would pay the bills?
The world doesn't work like "hey, I want to create a site to help the community without gaining anything in return because I'm a kind and cheerful person!".

I don't think I need more reasons, nobody will read all this... peoples prefer a small message saying "you're wrong".

Answer this: If I give you my site now, you will remove the ads and continue working on it without gaining any cent for 2~5 hours a day every day for 6 years doing all things underlined above?
I don't ask you to answer here, you can respond to yourself.

>derail yet another thread with ad sh*t, because of greediness

I didn't touch on this subject, it was 3 other people, why do you not talk about them? The problem was because I continued the subject? So I have no right to answer? Come on, we're adults.

The same way any of you could have contacted me by pm, on my own website etc saying "hey, I think this is wrong for X reason". The problem is you guys to bring matters into meaningless threads.

Do you want to continue talking about it? I don't want to continue talking about it, I'm just the defense.
  • fastman92 and Stierlitz like this

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017

Posted 4 weeks ago

Why should i even bother explaining what you are doing wrong, when you will use again mental gymnastics and say other sites already does, even it's different thing.

like this

there is god f*cking difference between
Site>download site
and
Site > f*cking adfly/linkshrinker cancer which makes you wait 5 seconds > download site

B-b-b-but download sites has sometimes ads or will make you wait few seconds
Ye but because they need to make money to f*cking save the file on their f*cking server, not to make money cuz f*ck you

I spend hours a day looking for good mods, fixing them, posting with own descriptions, giving value to the creation and praising the author. The author sees my site and thanks me for this.

many thanks for redirecting people who can't speak english at all and can't install mod to my topic

There are thousands of sites much, much much more famous than mine that also do this, but why peoples talk only about me? (answer: because I'm here)

only thing you are right about. Because you are here, forcing us to use your f*cking linkshrink links which are against rules in mod index topic.

Do you want me to take care of a site of this size and with this dedication without making money? So teach me how to get free lunch.

Get real job

Like act like Silent, The Hero, Dkluin and other modders which are behind great modifications did it under one day, got sh*t tons of money out of it and has PC out of gold now.

Answer this: If I give you my site now, you will remove the ads and continue working on it without gaining any cent for 2~5 hours a day every day for 6 years doing all things underlined above?

blah blah blah, see above

etc.

• Jinx., Alexander and zanesix like this

Stierlitz
  • Stierlitz

lcs peren is the real peren

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground]

Posted 4 weeks ago

only thing you are right about. Because you are here, forcing us to use your f*cking linkshrink links which are against rules in mod index topic.

Why are you people still on his back? You got all his topics removed from here and again you start this f*cking discussion after the guy just posted something completely unrelated. He even agreed to it without objection.

First you complain because he never replies to you about this sh*t and doesn't bother with your mental retardation. Then you complain when he does reply, you're just hypocrites at this point.

"many thanks for redirecting people who can't speak english at all and can't install mod to my topic"

This is exactly what I mean. Many of you flip out when someone doesn't credit your sh*tty mods, and then you flip out when a BR gets redirected and makes a confusing post on your topic. What is it that you want?

• Junior_Djjr, Davve95 and Veryzon like this

Nitrous~
  • Nitrous~

:^)

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 4 weeks ago

https://github.com/M...ockBlockAdBlockTo avoid Mixmods Adblocker-Block

https://adsbypasser.github.io/To bypass adfly,linkshrink,linkbucks, etc

Tampermonkey (chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) To install previous scripts.

Install you adblocker of prefference and enjoy :^)

• Tomasak likes this

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017

Posted 4 weeks ago

and again you start this f*cking discussion after the guy just posted something completely unrelated. He even agreed to it without objection.

he is the one who started arguing what and whats not linkshare type of links, not us

First you complain because he never replies to you about this sh*t and doesn't bother with your mental retardation. Then you complain when he does reply, you're just hypocrites at this point.

What? That doesn't even make sense. Like how is related going offtopic in modloader topic with not answering questions related to stuff he has done in appropriate topic aka mod index, when he managed it?

This is exactly what I mean. Many of you flip out when someone doesn't credit your sh*tty mods, and then you flip out when a BR gets redirected and makes a confusing post on your topic. What is it that you want?

Again, comparing two unrelated things. How is stealing mods, releasing em under different author or putting them behind adfly links any related to linking topic to brazillians? You can do both at same time. And i don't want neither.

mental retardation

says guy who threw tautrum in VCS PCE thread when Ash asked if he should change perennial.

• Alexander, Nitrous~ and zanesix like this

Junior_Djjr
  • Junior_Djjr

Modding Lover

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 4 weeks ago

Why should i even bother explaining what you are doing wrong, when you will use again mental gymnastics and say other sites already does, even it's different thing.

Different thing?
You're focusing too much on Linkshrink, and that's just a kind of ad, the discussion isn't about use ads while resharing mods?

You've said:
"making money out of reuploads of someone elses work"
and I answered about it, about the use of ads, in general, the reason sites uses ads.
Or are you complaining about making money with a specific ad type? (adfly-type). I don't think so.

there is god f*cking difference between
Site>download site
and
Site > f*cking adfly/linkshrinker cancer which makes you wait 5 seconds > download site

B-b-b-but download sites has sometimes ads or will make you wait few seconds
Ye but because they need to make money to f*cking save the file on their f*cking server, not to make money cuz f*ck you

Well, okay then if you think so...

You're simply complaining about my site with personal opinions, okay, everyone has your opinion, and those who don't like it, just don't visit my site (again, not being rude).

I don't like the various sites/blogs/pages too, but I don't complain about them in nonsense places.

many thanks for redirecting people who can't speak english at all and can't install mod to my topic

Hey, I really forgot it, we spend hours of our lives translating things to reach more people (for example).

btw: I usually leave the original readme in the download (if useful). I can also link to the source official thread at post, it's no problem for me.

1- You are touching on past issues. I asked to delete because I agreed that it was out of the rules, there is no reason for you to say this because I myself agreed and asked to delete.
2- I already said that I will re-put download button without Linkshrink, because the Google AdSense income is better than Linkshrink.

Don't worry, you will not see more links from my site here. I think you made it clear that you don't like my site.

Get real job

Yes, this is the problem.
The only solution isn't to have the site, that's what I'm talking about!
I chose to have the website and I want to use it as extra income when I have a job, otherwise, I would only have the job and never have the site (more specifically, my site would not have existed since 2013), but I would have continued the mods.

btw: I know several people that their job is to exactly republish other people's mods. My website is far from it.

Like act like Silent, The Hero, Dkluin and other modders which are behind great modifications did it under one day, got sh*t tons of money out of it and has PC out of gold now.

Why are you quoting this? We're talking about sites republishing mods and not creating mods.

If I created mods just for money, I would be a failure (even more so). The amount of mods I did, don't bring anything, is to spend 1 week creating a mod to receive 1 dollar in the first month of publication, and then 1 dollar every 5 years. Obviously I don't create mods for money but because I like.

My income comes from the fact that my site has 3 thousand posts.

Do you know the comfort and happiness that a person has to create a mod, and this mod create an entire community from it?
https://www.facebook...oups/tuningmod/
I love to modding. I have modified games since I was 8/9 years old.
I'm not who apparently you think I am.

blah blah blah, see above

Interesting.

• Davve95 likes this

Stierlitz
  • Stierlitz

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Stierlitz, 4 weeks ago.

"he is the one who started arguing what and whats not linkshare type of links, not us"
1. post
2. unrelated passive aggressive reply
:thinking:
Spoiler

"What? That doesn't even make sense. Like how is related going offtopic in modloader topic with not answering questions related to stuff he has done in appropriate topic aka mod index, when he managed it?"
I don't know, what's there to answer when he agreed to his topics and links getting removed? Didn't you already get the answer from that? My point is that at this point you're just beating a dead horse for no reason. Look up.

"Again, comparing two unrelated things. How is stealing mods, releasing em under different author or putting them behind adfly links any related to linking topic to brazillians? You can do both at same time. And i don't want neither."
Do you speak English, lol? I'm not talking about adfly links here, only what you said which I replied to, that being crediting someone. When someone reposts your mod and doesn't credit you, it's a problem, and yes I agree. But now when someone like Junior reposts your mod and redirects to your topic, there's the problem of "many thanks for redirecting people who can't speak english at all and can't install mod to my topic"

It's probably a meme, but whatever.

"says guy who threw tautrum in VCS PCE thread when Ash asked if he should change perennial."
Shows how much of a hypocrite you are. It was funny when you were calling ASH an autist on discord and liking all my posts because of how awkward and funny the whole thing was. But now when I'm turned against you on a completely unrelated topic, you decide to sh*ttalk me about it. Make up your mind lol.

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017

Posted 4 weeks ago

1) and 4)
because you can't see difference between joking/memeing and being serious. During the "peren war" i thought you were just memeing around, but no like it seems you were dead serious throwing tauntrum, while i was having laugh. (same goes for https://i.imgur.com/XwQqjyS.png )

2) he agreed in PM with mods, not answered the question in topic to share it with everyone. and then he started the argument here when again someone took joke seriously

3) mod stealing for me = taking credits and/or reuploading/redistributing the mod for money.
So ye, mod stealing is not comparable to linking topic to people who can't speak english properly.

Stierlitz
  • Stierlitz

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Stierlitz, 4 weeks ago.

1) and 4) because you can't see difference between joking/memeing and being serious. During the "peren war" i thought you were just memeing around, but no like it seems you were dead serious throwing tauntrum, while i was having laugh. (same goes for https://i.imgur.com/XwQqjyS.png )

It was something sincere turned into a f*cking meme because ASH could never see the point. LCS Peren is Best Peren. Either way meme: https://i.imgur.com/5Xbx7fx.pngmeme?: https://i.imgur.com/OkSqZBr.png
What a meme, Mark

2) he agreed in PM with mods, not answered the question in topic to share it with everyone. and then he started the argument here when again someone took joke seriously

Again, he doesn't owe you anything. He respected the rules and withdrew. You don't see me following ASH around to meme about the Perennial and getting angry when he makes a reasonable argument.

Here's some English for you, sodomy-man:
tantrum - an uncontrolled outburst of anger and frustration, typically in a young child.
reasoning - persuade (someone) with rational argument.

trying to make autists leave you alone =/= throwing tantrums 

• Davve95 likes this

Junior_Djjr
  • Junior_Djjr

Modding Lover

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 4 weeks ago

I think I've said all I had to say.

I will not keep spoiling the thread.
  • Tomasak, fastman92, Davve95 and 3 others like this

mikros1
  • mikros1

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by mikros1, 4 weeks ago.

It´s Enough guys. photo.jpg

• Delatom likes this

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • Poland
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by fastman92, 4 weeks ago.

Tomasak is well skilled at creating spam posts. I am impressed.
There's no point in making any further discussion.
Some individuals don't realize we don't live in a rose colored world and it takes money to run a website.
  • Tomasak, Davve95 and Delatom like this

AquaVentusXI
  • AquaVentusXI

Player Hater

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 3 weeks ago

Ey Link!

How about add newOpcodes compatibility with ModLoader? :)

• Delatom likes this

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017

Posted 3 weeks ago

Sadly Link wont update mod loader anytimes soon.

Yo, how are you guys doing?

It has been a long time since I have posted in this thread, with reasons. I see a lot of you provided support to the askers here on the time being, and I'm quite glad about such attitudes.

But the fact is, I can't maintain this project anymore. Yes, I feel the need to come here and say it, because there are days I remember about the issues and features some are expecting me to deliver. A few special ones comes to my mind, like the unfinished support for III/VC formats (i.e. missing audio and cuts.img) and support to this newish feature in fastman92's limit adjuster that I'm not really aware of.

But as said, lots of reasons don't let me implement those: From the simplest of them, like lack of time, to the most complex ones, such as "not feeling like it". I would give the excuse of not having access to a Windows machine (which is true), but let's be honest, if I felt like it, I would boot or find one with no big trouble.

This is true as well for other projects like CLEO, which I was going to heavily touch, in the hope to yet again "fix" the scripting environment. I started to do things, but destiny didn't let me finish it. I might, though, keep working on gta3sc, as compilers is a quite amazing field for me, and that one doesn't require the game installed to work on.

This is no good bye, though! I can and will help whoever needs to modify the code for whatever reason, explaining why, how and what to touch. I understand how hard it's to tweak foreigner's code, but that's what is within my reaches. Just hit me up with a PM, email, or whatever and I'll check it out as soon as I can.

Things change, evolve, and I feel like this project right here has been successful. A stable installation toolkit has been provided to the community, which replaced the old convoluted way of doing things. It was my first large project. It taught me software engineering, computer science, and whatnot. From either parties, those are things that will never be forgotten,

• Blackbird88 likes this

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 2 weeks ago

Very nice creation, this tool is extremely useful and works very well in GTA San Andreas.

Unfortunately I can't get it to work on GTA Vice City.

Delatom
  • Delatom

I enjoy Gaming & Nature, seeking for some insperation.

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

IMG Organizer support in future updates?

winningbago
  • winningbago

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Hit a snag while playing SA; log file

Any ideas what could be causing this?

LaDiDa
  • LaDiDa

I'm only human

• Members