Quantcast

» «
Photo

Best weapons in GTA 5. what is your choose? What weapons you prefer?

32 replies to this topic
guerilla_man
  • guerilla_man

motherfluffer

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:36 AM

Okay, do you prefer a short range weapon? mid range weapon? or long range weapon?

What is best suits your expertise?

I prefer short range and mid range then long range.

:) My most favourite weapon of mid range is Carbine rifle.

My favourite short range is the ordinary shot gun.

And most favourite other short range is silenced weapons like small SMG's..

Unless you like heavy weapons?

IwannaJetpack
  • IwannaJetpack

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:41 AM

I love my Chromed out Pump Shotgun

BeLikeMike
  • BeLikeMike

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:45 AM

Just give me a shotgun with suppressor. I love the sound it makes. Keep your rocket launchers and mini guns. Those take the challenge out of the game.

IwannaJetpack
  • IwannaJetpack

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:47 AM

Hell yeah. A silencer is all I need for my Chrome Shotgun to be 100% AWESOME

tomuk3
  • tomuk3

cake

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:56 AM Edited by tomuk3, 30 December 2013 - 04:56 AM.

An advanced rifle with a silencer and scope seems to be unbeatable for me

Dann_47
  • Dann_47

King in NFS, Noob in DOTA

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:09 AM

Carbine Rifle plus silencer and scope

MG with scope

Sniper Rifle with scope and silencer

^^ all above are epic stuffs

DutchGangsta
  • DutchGangsta

Sup

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:30 AM

I really like the Combat MG with extended clip. 200 bullets for one round with good power and fast rate, that's crazy. :O

• guerilla_man and Militia like this

SuburbansWorst
  • SuburbansWorst

Lance Vance Dance Crew Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:47 AM

Fully Modified AP Pistol.

Fully Modified Advanced Rifle.

50 Cal Sniper.

RPG.

Nightstick.

SMG with Flashlight and Extended Mags.

Sawed Off Shotgun.

All in Pink Camo. The Pink Elephant Brigade.

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:54 AM

AP Pistol with only extended mag. I think that's 36 rounds of pure ownage, really fast rate of fire. Sometimes I even use it at mid range but mainly I'd swap it out for the Advanced Rifle with extended mag. Long range the Heavy Sniper beats the light one.

thomtim9901
  • thomtim9901

Dutch PS3 Player

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:01 AM

I like the carbine rifle way more than the advanced rifle but that is just my opinion.

The carbine rifle is my favorite weapon along with the 50.cal pistol and the heavy sniper rifle

• guerilla_man likes this

autotheftgrand
  • autotheftgrand

Hotwired

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

Stock pistol for franklin, stock combat pistol for michael and stock ap pistol for trevor - I like a bit of a challenge.

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:03 PM

Lol, I suck at shooting, so I bearly use the weapons.  In SP when I am causing destruction I prefer to use the Lazer and the Tank or the Police Riot.  I have yet to get into a long 5 star wanted level on foot with my guns.  I used to love the guns in past GTA's and was really good with them, but in GTA V I have problems.  I guess I gotta go to an Ammunation, kill the clerk, and start a shootout with police, I have yet to try this.  I use the guns when I drive the Riot, but that is quite hard to kill the cops driving and ramming you and swirving all over the place and the f*cking helicopters, etc.  In past GTA games, I was really liking the basic SMG, I use it for driving in GTA V as well, will get back to you guys on this about which weapon I like, for now, the SMG.

OldGamer67
  • OldGamer67

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:16 PM Edited by OldGamer67, 30 December 2013 - 01:18 PM.

While driving I tend to prefer the AP pistol. It has superior damage and rate of fire compared to the micro SMG as well as a larger clip. The sawed off shotgun rarely gets use. I'll have to see how good it does but my aiming skills suck.

On foot I usually go for the advanced rifle or combat MG. Though there's great satisfaction in walking down the street with a minigun. The only problem is that it doesn't last long. However any time I see a line of cars or a traffic jam I can't resist pulling out the grenade launcher. The resulting explosion is almost always good for an instant 3 star wanted level. 

I'm starting to appreciate the automatic shotgun and with the suppressor it sounds cool. It's also decent at blowing up cars. 

• Militia and randyramirez1128 like this

autotheftgrand
  • autotheftgrand

Hotwired

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:17 PM

The smg sounds best in my opinion. I really enjoy shootouts with the police, I prefer it out in the open instead of crouched in some shop, like chamberlain hills - its easy to escape through all the apartments and the families join in. I prefer to escape on foot too, running over fences and through gardens is awesome.
  • Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:26 PM

I just want to know, DOES this game's aiming system LOCK on to your enemies or not?  I changed the stupid tiny pin needle white dot into a circular looking aiming with the dot in the center of the circle, similar to past GTA games, but in past GTA games, it was much easier to shoot and kill, now trying to get the tiny dot onto an enemy is pretty difficult imo.

So, does this game lock on or not?  It doesn't seem to lock on for me at all, and randomly I'll get a perfect kill, but more times it doesn't.

OldGamer67
  • OldGamer67

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:03 PM

I just want to know, DOES this game's aiming system LOCK on to your enemies or not?  I changed the stupid tiny pin needle white dot into a circular looking aiming with the dot in the center of the circle, similar to past GTA games, but in past GTA games, it was much easier to shoot and kill, now trying to get the tiny dot onto an enemy is pretty difficult imo.

So, does this game lock on or not?  It doesn't seem to lock on for me at all, and randomly I'll get a perfect kill, but more times it doesn't.

I play with assisted aim turned on and more often than not, as long as I'm aiming close to my target, it'll hit. But if there's multiple nearby targets it has a bad tendency to pick ones that aren't about to kill me.

Militia
  • Militia

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:07 PM

I play with assisted aim turned on and more often than not, as long as I'm aiming close to my target, it'll hit. But if there's multiple nearby targets it has a bad tendency to pick ones that aren't about to kill me.

Yeah, see, in Vice City and San Andreas, even III if I recall correctly, you could be aiming not even close to the enemy, and your body would turn 90 degrees with the gun and kill the police.  It was so easy back then I could stand in the city in Vice City all alone with no protection picking cops off as they got out of their vehicle VERY easily without them even firing a single shot.  Loved how the aiming was in that game, as the games progressed it got a bit harder for me.  But like I said, I don't really use the guns on foot in this game.  When you fire from a vehicle does it lock on to the enemy as well?

Idk why, but I find it really hard.  My accuracy at the moment is only 19-25%.

DutchGangsta
  • DutchGangsta

Sup

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:15 PM Edited by DutchGangsta, 30 December 2013 - 02:16 PM.

With assisted aiming, most of the time you press the aim button you will ALWAYS automatically aim at the closest target, even in a vehicle. You can switch targets by flicking the Right Stick in the direction of the target. If you killed your target, it will automatically switch in no time to your next target.

OldGamer67
  • OldGamer67

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:18 PM

Yeah, see, in Vice City and San Andreas, even III if I recall correctly, you could be aiming not even close to the enemy, and your body would turn 90 degrees with the gun and kill the police.  It was so easy back then I could stand in the city in Vice City all alone with no protection picking cops off as they got out of their vehicle VERY easily without them even firing a single shot.  Loved how the aiming was in that game, as the games progressed it got a bit harder for me.  But like I said, I don't really use the guns on foot in this game.  When you fire from a vehicle does it lock on to the enemy as well?

In a vehicle it doesn't. It can be very frustrating trying to line up a shot. That's probably why I haven't tried out free aim yet. I don't need the additional challenge. I don't mind getting killed as long as it wasn't due to quirky aiming behavior.

With assisted aiming, most of the time you press the aim button you will ALWAYS automatically aim at the closest target, even in a vehicle. You can switch targets by flicking the Right Stick in the direction of the target. If you killed your target, it will automatically switch in no time to your next target.

I have never experienced this in a vehicle. I must be doing something wrong. Does that only work against cops?

DutchGangsta
  • DutchGangsta

Sup

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:21 PM

In a vehicle it doesn't. It can be very frustrating trying to line up a shot. That's probably why I haven't tried out free aim yet. I don't need the additional challenge. I don't mind getting killed as long as it wasn't due to quirky aiming behavior.

I have never experienced this in a vehicle. I must be doing something wrong. Does that only work against cops?

Sorry read it wrong: I thought he asked if it locks on target in a vehicle.

No, you can't lock on when in a vehicle, but with some practice you'll be able to master it.

AndyC-M
  • AndyC-M

Modern Day Peaky Blinder

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:29 PM

i use the SMG for close range and quickness, clear out what i can with that first, then change to the combat rifle (ak 47) for any trickier kills, i havnt unlocked the carbine rifle yet but when i do thatll be the replacement

im not keen on the pistols, theyre all abit sh!t, but i do use the combat pistol with supressor to rob the stores

although any supressor is pointless as you still get stars once youve killed

Militia
  • Militia

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:45 PM

Thanks man, I'll check it out again later today when I boot up GTA V.

No, you can't lock on when in a vehicle, but with some practice you'll be able to master it.

Yeah, see, because when I take out my Riot and go on my long as f*ck 5 star wanted level killing spree, I find it nearly impossible to shoot the windshield in the cop cars and kill them, takes a lot of patience and gets frustrating after a while.  Same for the helicopters, pretty useless even bothering with them inside the Riot, too hard, waste of bullets and time.  I kill the FIB Granger guys hanging off the side of the vehicle first usually, then aim for the windshield to kill the officers inside the cars, only it's difficult doing this.  For every lap around the airport in the Riot, I maybe kill like 2-4 cop cars until I get to the other side of the airport, whereas there is like 8 cars!  I only kill half, and waste a lot of bullets trying too, very annoying.  I'll look into this stuff later, thanks for the help guys.

DutchGangsta
  • DutchGangsta

Sup

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:56 PM

Thanks man, I'll check it out again later today when I boot up GTA V.

Yeah, see, because when I take out my Riot and go on my long as f*ck 5 star wanted level killing spree, I find it nearly impossible to shoot the windshield in the cop cars and kill them, takes a lot of patience and gets frustrating after a while.  Same for the helicopters, pretty useless even bothering with them inside the Riot, too hard, waste of bullets and time.  I kill the FIB Granger guys hanging off the side of the vehicle first usually, then aim for the windshield to kill the officers inside the cars, only it's difficult doing this.  For every lap around the airport in the Riot, I maybe kill like 2-4 cop cars until I get to the other side of the airport, whereas there is like 8 cars!  I only kill half, and waste a lot of bullets trying too, very annoying.  I'll look into this stuff later, thanks for the help guys.

If you really want to kill them, use stickies and grenades. You could also try it with Franklin, I think it will be easier thanks to his special ability.

Militia
  • Militia

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:59 PM

True ^^

I could use him inside the Riot, as any of the three characters can get Trevor's vehicles from the Strip Club lol

Slowing down the time with his special ability might help a lot.  Yeah, stickies and grenades are AWESOME!!  Those are easier than the damn guns for me when in a vehicle lol

guerilla_man
  • guerilla_man

motherfluffer

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:10 PM

I like the carbine rifle way more than the advanced rifle but that is just my opinion.

The carbine rifle is my favorite weapon along with the 50.cal pistol and the heavy sniper rifle

The carbine rifle is my favourite weapon for full line assault.

Use it for your advantage.

i use the SMG for close range and quickness, clear out what i can with that first, then change to the combat rifle (ak 47) for any trickier kills, i havnt unlocked the carbine rifle yet but when i do thatll be the replacement

im not keen on the pistols, theyre all abit sh!t, but i do use the combat pistol with supressor to rob the stores

although any supressor is pointless as you still get stars once youve killed

Use pistols for one on one termination other then assault.

"AK 47" Always use for full line combat , never pistols.

Pistols should only be used as a side arm. And should always be used lightly.

A real suppressing weapon, should be a machine gun. "for unstoppable suppressing power" Means full line firing with heavy weapons.

An Assault weapon should always be a Assault rifle.

A close quarter weapon should always be a shotgun or small sub machine gun.

Termination weapon for (one on one termination) is pistols. "in my opinion"

What is your opinion?

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:34 AM

I like all my guns silenced and with gold camo.

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

Horses shouldn't drive race cars!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:12 AM

Short - Medium Range: AP Pistol & Assault SMG

Medium - Long Range: Carbine Rifle & Advanced Rifle

Jagd Mirage123
  • Jagd Mirage123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:05 AM

I mainly used the Advance Rifle

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

Tim Roth has an alien skull for a forehead.

• Members
  • Botswana

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:59 PM

Single Player

Reg. Pistol

Saturday Night Special

Carbine

Broken Bottle

Combat Pistol (Survival, mainly)

SMG

Sawed Off Shotty

xenorama