Photo

Mafia 2! Who likes it?

74 replies to this topic
Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:35 PM Edited by Black & White, 04 January 2014 - 06:36 PM.

Why the hell did you spoil whole stories of the DLCs? 

Not everything was "spoiled". Just a basic summary of the game. There is also another DLC about Jimmy of which I haven't even discussed.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:58 AM

Not everything was "spoiled". Just a basic summary of the game. There is also another DLC about Jimmy of which I haven't even discussed.

Well your 'basic summary' pretty much spoiled the whole DLC.

• AceRay likes this

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:10 PM

Well your 'basic summary' pretty much spoiled the whole DLC.

Why go ahead reading all of it if you had seen one "spoiler". He asked what the game was like.. I couldn't just say "Oh, it's about Joe whom is a criminal in Empire Bay". Perhaps it was a little bit detailed, it shouldn't totally disaster the whole DLC.

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:56 PM Edited by JustOneMonth, 05 January 2014 - 06:59 PM.

[/spoiler] I'm digging the story, but one thing I think it's weird is that Vito shows no remorse when

Spoiler

I liked it, played a lot, and one of the ''fun'' or original parts of the story is that Vito is a sociopath, only cares about Joe or his own familly,

It differs from many other protagonists right there.

I liked the ending but if there is no 3...

Would you feel bad about gangsters too?

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:27 PM

JustOneMonth I don't know if he was exactly a sociopath... he is kind heartless, as anybody in crime business, but for me, sociopaths don't care even for his family, they just think about themselves. He also cared for Henry and Leo Galante too. Yes, the ending was depressive... But I kind liked because in real life most of mobsters end up like this

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:59 AM

JustOneMonth I don't know if he was exactly a sociopath... he is kind heartless, as anybody in crime business, but for me, sociopaths don't care even for his family, they just think about themselves. He also cared for Henry and Leo Galante too. Yes, the ending was depressive... But I kind liked because in real life most of mobsters end up like this

Yeah, just a little hard for me not to entitle him as a sociopath by the way he kills off some people, but yeah agreed on the rest. I actually don't like happy endings on crime storys too.

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:07 PM

Mafia 1 is a lot better.

I wonder what to expect in MAFIA III. Because Vavrá, the storywriter for Mafia, and he also wrote half of the story for Mafia II, abandoned the project.

No wonder, with all the cheap, lously DLCs, and all the cut content. The game could have been so much better than it was.

• AceRay and Osho like this

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:46 AM

Mafia 1 is a lot better.

I wonder what to expect in MAFIA III. Because Vavrá, the storywriter for Mafia, and he also wrote half of the story for Mafia II, abandoned the project.

No wonder, with all the cheap, lously DLCs, and all the cut content. The game could have been so much better than it was.

Rather Mafia III they should remake Mafia 1 as it was and improve it. It will be a mega hit.

• B Dawg likes this

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:08 AM

Mafia 1 is a lot better.

Rather Mafia III they should remake Mafia 1 as it was and improve it. It will be a mega hit.

No it won't. Mafia 1 is awesome and I like it just the way it is. No need for a remake, it would be a total waste of time and money

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

Well I would like to see a HD version of Mafia 1.....

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

to

Mafia 1 is a lot better.

No, I don't think that would be good. Mafia 1 had it's magic, exactly like Vice City or San Andreas, but that magic can't be invented in the same game again. And there is no reason to do so.

I hope MAFIA III don't become to ''modern'' or even worse - trying to be GTA and appealing to the wider audience. Because then the game will just become junk. The whole concept and style with Mafia 1 is great and it makes it different from GTA. The story is dead serious, characters extremely deep, and a lot of really brutal violence athat shocks the player.

But the game has to evolve in the freeroaming aspect. It's not 2002 anymore. People want more freedom and more to do outside of missions. Mafia III could become sort of a crime simulator, where you can buy business, extort business, rob banks, rob valuable transports, create your own crew, befriend or go to war with different gangs, rob people, break in houses, steal & sell cars..there is a lot that can be done with the concept of Mafia 1 that wont make it a GTA clone or 'just another game'.

Going back to Lost Heaven, maybe in the 40s or even early 70s, would not be a bad idea though. But new story new characters.

• Osho likes this

lh1
  • lh1

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:32 PM

There are rumors that say that MAFIA series is alive and most MAFIA III development has now been moved to 2K new studio in San Francisco Bay Area or Novato, US. The Brno studio is now only responsible for Animation and Graphics works.

I personally feel this is for the best since Prague studio of 2K Czech has failed to recruit new employees due to management problem and since Brno is the original location of Illusion Softworks, it should all work well. Not to mention MAFIA series has always been about American Mafia, with the studio now being in US, it should allow them to do research more easily and capture an authentic feel of being an American Mafia.

The only thing that got me worried would be the story, would a mafia story not written by Daniel Vavra be successful?

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:29 PM Edited by Fireman, 10 January 2014 - 09:30 PM.

The only thing that got me worried would be the story, would a mafia story not written by Daniel Vavra be successful?

The story in Mafia 2 was way below the Mafia 1 story, I never looked it up but I'm very surprised that it has the same writer.

It's hard to write an interesting crime story, because most of them just end up being the same in a game: "Get rich or die trying".

I'm looking forward to what they can come up with (storywise) and Mafia 2 looked f*cking beautiful. That first scene where you walk through the city when it's snowing, that blew me away on PC.

• AceRay likes this

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:43 PM Edited by Stormingz, 10 January 2014 - 09:44 PM.

No, I don't think that would be good. Mafia 1 had it's magic, exactly like Vice City or San Andreas, but that magic can't be invented in the same game again. And there is no reason to do so.

I hope MAFIA III don't become to ''modern'' or even worse - trying to be GTA and appealing to the wider audience. Because then the game will just become junk. The whole concept and style with Mafia 1 is great and it makes it different from GTA. The story is dead serious, characters extremely deep, and a lot of really brutal violence athat shocks the player.

But the game has to evolve in the freeroaming aspect. It's not 2002 anymore. People want more freedom and more to do outside of missions. Mafia III could become sort of a crime simulator, where you can buy business, extort business, rob banks, rob valuable transports, create your own crew, befriend or go to war with different gangs, rob people, break in houses, steal & sell cars..there is a lot that can be done with the concept of Mafia 1 that wont make it a GTA clone or 'just another game'.

Going back to Lost Heaven, maybe in the 40s or even early 70s, would not be a bad idea though. But new story new characters.

This guy, got it spot on.

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Just missing the monocle.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:27 AM

Second time when it happened was with the dead guy buried in the forest. He was a fed too, but am I suppose to guess that?

Actually, his name was Francesco Potenza. He was an undercover FBI agent in the Falcone family who Eddie killed. He was featured heavily in promotional material for the game, so I guess his burial was something only people who were following the game pre-release would know who he was, which is kind of dumb.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users