Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is there any hospitals in GTA V that you can go in?

56 replies to this topic
Tupiz
  • Tupiz

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:08 AM

You can get inside a hospital with those British persons, right?

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:35 AM Edited by elburrosleftnut, 31 December 2013 - 12:38 AM.

So are you telling me big bad R* North pissed themselves because someone filed a lawsuit with no bearings in fact at all? Heh, if true, which I doubt, they are a bunch of f*cking pussies.

If you count driving through it in only one mission, then yeah.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:37 AM

So are you telling me big bad R* North pissed themselves because someone filed a lawsuit with no bearings in fact at all? Heh, if true, which I doubt, they are a bunch of f*cking pussies.

It doesn't matter if the lawsuit is bullsh*t. It still costs the company money because they have to fight it. You wanna know why a lot of lawsuits are settled out of court when dealing with companies like R*? Because it'd cost less than fighting it in court.

Loxley
  • Loxley

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:39 AM

It doesn't matter if the lawsuit is bullsh*t. It still costs the company money because they have to fight it. You wanna know why a lot of lawsuits are settled out of court when dealing with companies like R*? Because it'd cost less than fighting it in court.

R* North makes hundreds of millions of dollars, they can shut these idiots up with a few thousand and be done with it.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:43 AM

R* North makes hundreds of millions of dollars, they can shut these idiots up with a few thousand and be done with it.

No. That's not how it works. Do you want me to explain it to you?

Loxley
  • Loxley

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:52 AM

They settle out of court and pay them a fraction of what they want from the suit. If you go to court with them, you have to spend out the ass for a lawyer, but I am confident they would win in the end, and could counter sue them.

The bad thing about this though, it costs you the almighty PR with the media. That is unacceptable to R* (the publisher) and Take-Two.

What else is there to explain?

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:16 AM

They settle out of court and pay them a fraction of what they want from the suit. If you go to court with them, you have to spend out the ass for a lawyer, but I am confident they would win in the end, and could counter sue them.

The bad thing about this though, it costs you the almighty PR with the media. That is unacceptable to R* (the publisher) and Take-Two.

Let's start from the beginning:

(This is all hypothetical)

The person sues them for allowing hospital massacres. Is it a bogus lawsuit? Most likely, however, they can sue because 'Murica, and they also want to push their political agenda. Also, there's a chance of winning. It may seem retarded to you, but courts are weird, and the laws are even weirder. Common sense doesn't exist in court. At least, not a lot of it. Remember the McDonalds lady?

You should also know that people are so sue happy because they're almost guaranteed money. If they don't win the lawsuit, chances are that they're gonna settle out of court. This is what people generally hope for.

Anyway, the person sues R*. R* now has to pay for lawyer fees (Which is much higher than what normal people pay, because it's a huge company). Even if the lawsuit is bogus and completely f*cking retarded, you still gotta pay the lawyers. This is expensive. What companies, such as R*, would rather due is settle out of court, not go through a long and drawn out process, and spend less money. It is not only 'thousands of dollars' as you suggested. That's pennies when we're talking big court.

Also, the 'fraction' of the cost is true, but not as small as you think. Also, how is R* going to counter sue? On top of that, if they didn't wanna pay lawyer fees to win a lawsuit, why in the Hell would they pay lawyers to basically do the same thing? Now you're paying double instead of less than what you'd pay lawyers.

R* doesn't care about the bad PR as much as other companies, because the releases of their games already garner bad media attention. However, if they were to counter sue a woman who was just trying to do the morally right thing (Lol I know, right?), that looks really bad for them.

Ray
  • Ray

I don't practice Santeria, I ain't got no crystal ball

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:22 AM

I never really liked the hospital interiors in GTA 4 because they felt half assed and made with little effort. I mean it's cool that they included the waiting room and that hallway with enterable rooms, but would it have killed them to include at least one or two more floors?

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:26 AM

Ha, can you enter ANY building in GTA V?

About a year and a half ago, they pledged "A LOT more buildings than in GTA IV will be enter-able and fully detailed".

Maybe that's true, if you count the 200 clones of convenience stores and the like. 

GTA IV had the hospitals, the museum, Dwayne's apartment complex, the clubs, the restaurants, AND the stores V had. And I can't believe they pulled all the same bullsh*t of locking one place after the mission's over.

The Life Invader Offices, anyone?

Ray
  • Ray

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:30 AM

Ha, can you enter ANY building in GTA V?
About a year and a half ago, they pledged "A LOT more buildings than in GTA IV will be enter-able and fully detailed".
Maybe that's true, if you count the 200 clones of convenience stores and the like. 
GTA IV had the hospitals, the museum, Dwayne's apartment complex, the clubs, the restaurants, AND the stores V had. And I can't believe they pulled all the same bullsh*t of locking one place after the mission's over.
The Life Invader Offices, anyone?

And if you count all the enterable apartment buildings from GTA 4, it adds up to quite a lot.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:38 AM Edited by Showstopper 26, 31 December 2013 - 04:39 AM.

Every building, every house, every shop, every cave, every dungeon, every fort, every castle is enterable in Skyrim. This is a pathetic effort from Rockstar.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:43 AM

Every building, every house, every shop, every cave, every dungeon, every fort, every castle is enterable in Skyrim. This is a pathetic effort from Rockstar.

Yeah, enterable with a loading screen.  :facedesk:

Ray
  • Ray

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:44 AM

Well to be fair, Skyrim had a slightly longer devolpement time, but still it is a pathetic effort from Rockstar. I don't get why they had to lock the interiors used in missions. It's ironic seeing as this is an "open world" game.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:45 AM

True, but I'd rather have that then nothing. At least I know if I see something, I can go in. In V, when I see something I know I probably can't go in.
  • Geralt of Rivia likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:47 AM

True, but I'd rather have that then nothing. At least I know if I see something, I can go in. In V, when I see something I know I probably can't go in.

I would also absolutely love more interiors if it meant a loading screen. However, that can also be bad, as it breaks the pace of the game. And there's a lot more factors to it.

What happens if you're getting chased by cops and you go into a building that requires a loading screen?

And stuff like that. It'd be like the Xbox version being on 2 discs. It makes it easier, but it's just something you don't wanna do.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:58 AM

I would also absolutely love more interiors if it meant a loading screen. However, that can also be bad, as it breaks the pace of the game. And there's a lot more factors to it.

What happens if you're getting chased by cops and you go into a building that requires a loading screen?

And stuff like that. It'd be like the Xbox version being on 2 discs. It makes it easier, but it's just something you don't wanna do.

Well, Skyrim is 1 disc and V already has a 7+ gig install, so number of discs shouldn't be a problem. In Skyrim/Elder Scrolls, you can enter those buildings while having a bounty and being pursued by guards, so it's no different then a wanted level/cops.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:01 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 31 December 2013 - 05:02 AM.

Well, Skyrim is 1 disc and V already has a 7+ gig install, so number of discs shouldn't be a problem. In Skyrim/Elder Scrolls, you can enter those buildings while having a bounty and being pursued by guards, so it's no different then a wanted level/cops.

True, but I just have this nagging feeling that it's hard to compare them so black and white. I feel like you can, but you can't at the same time, since they're completely different.

I dunno. I honestly do not know. I feel like there's more than just 'Skyrim did this', but at the same time, there's not.

Welp. I think it's time for some sleep. Or maybe some DayZ.

BTW: First time I've seen you say something that isn't just hate with nothing to back it up! :D

• Showstopper 26 likes this

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:09 AM Edited by Showstopper 26, 31 December 2013 - 05:11 AM.

True, but I just have this nagging feeling that it's hard to compare them so black and white. I feel like you can, but you can't at the same time, since they're completely different.

I dunno. I honestly do not know. I feel like there's more than just 'Skyrim did this', but at the same time, there's not.

BTW: First time I've seen you say something that isn't just hate with nothing to back it up! :D
I admit, I've been hard on V/Rockstsr. I'm actually about to play GTAO for the very first time, so we'll see what happens lol. Oh, and by no means do I intend on implying that Skyrim is perfect. It's just that Elder Scrolls and GTA are my 2 favorite franchises. Both being open world as well, so I tend to compare them a lot even though they are very different in their own right.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:40 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 31 December 2013 - 05:41 AM.

I admit, I've been hard on V/Rockstsr. I'm actually about to play GTAO for the very first time, so we'll see what happens lol. Oh, and by no means do I intend on implying that Skyrim is perfect. It's just that Elder Scrolls and GTA are my 2 favorite franchises. Both being open world as well, so I tend to compare them a lot even though they are very different in their own right.

A little hard? Dude, you've done nothing but insult them without backing it up lol. But now I know that you're capable of conversation, and that you're not a troll. That helps a lot.

And both those franchises are also up there on my favorites too. And wow we went off topic.

And GTA: Online is a hit-or-miss. There's a lot of potential, but it's not taking advantage of it right now. Best way to play is with friends.

D3ADSH0T
  • D3ADSH0T

witcher

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:27 AM Edited by D3ADSH0T, 31 December 2013 - 08:29 AM.

Hey guys, a bit off topic but if u guys want to know about some interiors, check out this thread from reddit. Just looked it up and decided to share it to u guys

http://www.reddit.co...mments/1p0r07/"
  • Officer Ronson likes this

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:16 PM

Dude, its not R* fault. They dont want any pathetic useless lawsuits from pathetic people. They are tired of these small sh*tty Lawsuits. Because people are pussies now adays. -

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:36 PM

Hospitals weren't included due to some controversy IV caused because you could go inside the Hospital and kill sick people who weren't even able to defend themselves.

Rather than just appear to make sh*t up in your head, where is the proof of this ? I like to see please. 

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:49 PM

@OfficialGeneral

Rather than being a complete asshole why don't you go your f*cking self to find out? Because it makes it less appealing to present proof if you're being threated like sh*t about it.

To be honest I just remember I read an article concerning about it, not that I have full proof or anything so don't accuse me.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:09 PM Edited by Official General, 01 January 2014 - 06:13 PM.

@OfficialGeneral

Rather than being a complete asshole why don't you go your f*cking self to find out? Because it makes it less appealing to present proof if you're being threated like sh*t about it.

To be honest I just remember I read an article concerning about it, not that I have full proof or anything so don't accuse me.

Being a complete asshole about what ? Why get angry ? That is what I meant, not just proof, but also provide a credible source of information. You're the one making the claim, not me, so why should I look for it ? I would not know where to look, because I never knew of it until you told me, so you are the one that must present it to me, in a link at least. Is it really that hard to click a button and mouse a few times to provide a link to the source of your claim ??

I really wanna know if this is true bro. So if you can, please provide me with a link to this article. 

• Geralt of Rivia likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:17 PM

@OfficialGeneral

Yes I made the goddamned claim but I never said I had any sort of proof to back it up, if it's so hard to do some click there and here then why can't YOU do it? If anything I remember that the article went out a couple of years ago.

hhamzah99
  • hhamzah99

Call me.. Heisenberg.

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:21 PM

If you count driving through it in only one mission, then yeah.

LOL. Big Bad R* North but you know they could still get their game banned. 

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:31 PM Edited by Official General, 01 January 2014 - 06:13 PM.

@OfficialGeneral

Yes I made the goddamned claim but I never said I had any sort of proof to back it up, if it's so hard to do some click there and here then why can't YOU do it? If anything I remember that the article went out a couple of years ago.

You made a claim, not me. You cannot provide any credible source to back it up. 

In other words, you either made it up, or you're just lying, probably to blindly defend Rockstar as you always tend to do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users