Photo

Being Nice?

73 replies to this topic
SkunkonToast
  • SkunkonToast

permastoned

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

I'm always nice even to those who kill me for no reason. I'm a lover not a hater. Lifes too short to be angry.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:07 PM Edited by Black Rabbit, 29 January 2014 - 09:07 PM.

I've noticed that one of the only places that people accept you as being nice is if you have a car or chopper next to the Fort and they want a lift back in. 

I've run into dozens and dozens of nice players that way.

Sometimes if there is a good group of them constantly dying (too many tanks inside the base)...I'll just grab my Frogger and pick up a group, drop them off and go back for more. Then, sometimes they get a jet and blow up my chopper because, well, people. 

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:19 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 29 January 2014 - 09:21 PM.

I try my best to be nice, but ever since Christmas it seems like the amount of people (especially kids) who take lame cheapshots or ride up on you for no reason have increased dramatically. A few days ago I unlocked the Combat MG, which I'm now convinced is easily the best gun in the game, and now it's much easier to hold my own if several friends decide to douche it up on me for no reason. It's particularly satisfying when someone who ambushes you for no reason starts giving you sh*t or asking why you're killing them multiple times in a row. I'm never going to stop trying to be nice, but if someone attacks me for no reason I'm going to make them wish they didn't.       

MagicFN
  • MagicFN

"Shotgun Johnny"

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:21 PM

What's "nice"? Is it a fruit?

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

YARDIE

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:25 PM Edited by XJpostman, 29 January 2014 - 09:27 PM.

It'd be awesome to have the friendly sessions that RDR had for those exact reasons. It'd be awesome to know that people aren't going to blow your sh*t up just because they can.
There would be a ton of fun things going on in a lobby like that, for players like myself (28 player kills in three months lol) that is.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:37 AM

What are we supposed to do??

In Free roam, you're supposed to find a mission, join the mission, and play the mission (be it deathmatch, racing, etc). Other things to do in free roam would include customizing your car or purchasing property/clothing, etc.

I honestly don't know why people think it's fun to greif and destroy people in free roam. Sure.. from time to time I'll get into it with friends and it IS fun.. but we're agreeing to do what we're doing (therefore it's not greifing).  I've given my tank away more times than I've sat in it (I cargobob my tank around the map, then drop it off somewhere in the middle of a group of random people right before I join a mission).

You can launch any job from the menu, and you can call your contacts from your property to find missions. Why you need to create a virtual life in free roam to do this is beyond me.

As for customizing and such, it sounds pretty dull to just use free roam to go shopping, its more interesting if you have to watch out for other players. This is GTA for christ sakes, I don't know why player killing is even considered to be an issue...

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:39 AM

I already know i'm going to get trolled for this post but honestly, is it really that hard to be nice in GTA? I understand it's a game about killing and all but must you shoot me when I am just sitting in my car doing nothing? Must you blow up my car for no reason? Must you gun me down when I am walking to my car? Must you run me over when I am just standing there? I mean really, it's just annoying. Anyone else get annoyed by these actions?

Be more careful - these things don't happen to me because I check the map

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:04 AM

Always nice. Even to griefers.

Hell, I got griefer friends. I just stay as far away as possible still, but I'd gladly pass by to give a lift. Johnny on the spot.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:09 AM

I already know i'm going to get trolled for this post but honestly, is it really that hard to be nice in GTA? I understand it's a game about killing and all but must you shoot me when I am just sitting in my car doing nothing? Must you blow up my car for no reason? Must you gun me down when I am walking to my car? Must you run me over when I am just standing there? I mean really, it's just annoying. Anyone else get annoyed by these actions?

I had enough of this crap that I made my own rule.  If you shoot at me, you are dead no question.  Worked twice for me.  Except for when the dude in the chrome adder killed me then left the game...

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

Don't get me wet! Ladies please..4 at a time.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:19 AM

Be more careful - these things don't happen to me because I check the map

You bring up a great point!

GTA V PUBLIC SERVICE       ANNOUNCEMENT:

There is a >>>>Map<<<<

That you can >>>>USE<<<<

P.s Please! don't thank me, thank the community; after all without it this kind of valuable information wouldn't be possible.

JoeMamma
  • JoeMamma

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:20 AM Edited by JoeMamma, 30 January 2014 - 02:22 AM.

I try to be nice, it's just harder and harder to be nice to everyone.  Everyone sees you coming and automatically things you're going to shoot and kill them, so they open fire, not knowing that you're just trying to get from point a to point b.

If I see someone coming at me, I try to give them the benefit of the doubt and won't fire until fired upon.  However, if they start to follow me (I'll make random turns, like you normally would if you think someone's following you) and see if they follow you.  If they do, I go fast then slam on the brakes and let them go right by me, as I'm getting out of my car with my AK in hand, ready to unleash the fury.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:24 AM

Just tonight I just followed a guy just making a parachute landing.

Almost landed on my car. That would have been awesome, but he pulled back probably to adjust landing and ended up landing in the water.
  • Tabula Rasa likes this

austintrain
  • austintrain

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:28 AM

pics, or didn't happen?

RandyTheMental
  • RandyTheMental

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:26 PM

The important thing to remember in a discussion like this is, It's Rockstar's fault first and foremost. Kindly stop arguing with your fellow community members about who is right and wrong and remember that the option to join either a PvP or a PvE server has long been a staple of online games of this sort ((By which I mean online games where the challenge can come from either the A.I. or your fellow players)). Why is it lacking from GTA online? 

Allowing for people to decide what type of session they wish to play is the simplest way of catering to both sides without either one feeling like they had to give something up. It should have been planned from the start. I'm not real sure why it wasn't. Not everybody wants to shoot other human beings in the face. My fun shouldn't come at someone else's expense, which is what is happening when two wildly different types of players are being forced into this type of environment.

Sugar coated idealism aside though, Rockstar is not going to change things on their own initiative. If you really want them to change something you need to be vocal about it, and you need to find other people who are vocal about it and be vocal about it together. Rockstar is a business, and they will provide whatever it is that their customer base wants if the customer base lets Rockstar know they want it.

• Rinsaf likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users