Photo

Being Nice?

73 replies to this topic
anticlimatic
  • anticlimatic

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:15 PM

God, allllllllll dayyyy longgggg. Pretty much most of the time I'm in free roam one thought is constantly circulating in my tiny, yet imaginative, brain:

"Why are people in this game such colossal brainless dicks?"

With all the fun things you can dick around and do, is 'call of duty' the only game these twits want to play? Because they should just play call of duty if that's the case. Wayyyy better combat mechanics.

I once wanted to grab a random to try flying me around in a Titan, or visa versa, with one of us in the back in a few different vehicles, to see if I could find one that wouldn't explode. I could have made a montage of me pulling up to strangers and honking in a friendly fashion only to get shot out of my car. Finally got fed up and started grabbing buzzards, and like a brainless moron, kept trying to pick up random people to be my gunner. Shot out of the chopper another 10 times in a row....

It's hard to keep taking the high road over and over and over. BUT I SHALL BE AS JESUS AND DO SO (at least until the eventual Tankocolypse of frustration)

you should mix it up with minding your own business...

try surfing around the city on an ambulance LOL

i found that to be the only vehicle thus far you wont fall of from when its driving

when other players watch you do sht like that, theyll know youre not about idiotic free for all killing ingame and theyll think twice before shooting you when you approach them in any vehicle

that is, them not being mindless triggerhappy fools of course

Nice tip! Going to try that right away.

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:19 PM

I tend to only resort to killing people straight after missions if they've been an arse whilst doing them with me, like shooting my car or purposely spoiling it. Things like that obviously poke towards the fact they're planning on gunning you down straight after just for the heck of it so I beat them to it. Majority of the time I just mind my own business and do some sort of montage on my BMX or in my Sandking :p

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:06 PM

What does this mean? Being nice?

Edwin
  • Edwin

Ready to Race?

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:19 PM

Only recently have I stopped being a nice guy in GTA.

ALL YOU NI**AS IS DEAD!

deanstroyer
  • deanstroyer

West Side White Boy

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:05 PM

i saw a nice tank driver yesterday, i came around a corner and he didnt shoot me, so i honked at him, i drove by again he did not bother me one bit, so i shot a couple cops that were chasing him

nitefallz
  • nitefallz

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:10 PM

Oh, you mean that I'm not supposed to let normal human tendencies take over when I play the game, and I should actually play it like real life where I have to be nice to everyone and not shoot them in the face when I see them?  You mean the natural will and mode of man-kind is not to dominate every other living species without provocation as an act of proactive self-preservation?

I don't even, what is this?

killa_b
  • killa_b

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:29 PM Edited by killa_b, 30 December 2013 - 04:33 PM.

Stop reposting that same old tired ass image you always posting lately.

There's no place for people who are nice in Los Santos. 

618614c49632fda85ff9ca7684929852314a02ea

But it's literally the best image ever posted on these forums!

I laughed :lol:  denzel is a boss

To the OP, I suggest being more aware, paranoia is your friend in this game esp. if you are in an open server free mode. I used to think everyone was just a d*ck on free mode but now i think that everyone had a bad experience in the beginning and are just being super careful.

Doesn't bother me getting killed anymore, just as long as i get the guy back!

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:10 PM

short answer

yes we must

RebelWithoutAPause
  • RebelWithoutAPause

überberechtigt

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:37 PM

Welll on the subject of being nice...

Last night I was having a bit of a garage reshuffle.. (fancied adding some muscle cars in with my sports classics), so one of my Peyotes had to go to clear some space... Unfortunately, the open top one I had didn't have zebra skin seats... so disaster!

Anyways, I head off out to the gang territories to do a circuit of the car spawn points in the hope that I'll find an open top Peyote with said seats... So round and round I go... then someone starts following me in a dune buggy... and following me.. and following me...

Few hoots of the horn was all I got off them but they were following me like a puppy nonetheless..

So, after about the third circuit of following me, I spin out into grove street and catch a glimpse of a fully modded Peyote behind .. WITH ZEBRA SKIN SEATS!  Joy oh joy I think, but no... person following me decides to jump in and probably thought we could then cruise around in matching cars.. (I had my mic on friends and crew.. I'm a moody, solitary character I admit..)..

Anyway, to cut to the chase.. I'd just like to thank the person - whose name I forget - for being so nice and getting into that Peyote and taking all the gunfire from the Ballas, allowing me to slip into the seat and drive it off to LSC shortly afterwards for tracking and insurance... especially so, given that it had all the top end mods..

So thank you and thank you again..  Your death was not in vain....

:D

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:53 PM

6ff8f1a1cf402052d82323cd39ccdf99.jpg

Lay
  • Lay

ToothpickShaker

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

Maybe we need a nice player thread and everyone can drop their IDs in there.

Chinsei
  • Chinsei

Super Rat the defender of Squeaks.

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:06 PM Edited by Chinsei, 29 January 2014 - 02:06 PM.

i think everyone should do there best to be nice and civil but human nature always takes over when people are put in an environment with no rules/restrictions.  it takes a long time, and a lot of concentrated effort to eventually get human behavior in check - its why one of the biggest professions in the world, are Law Enforcement followed by the Military ^.^ if it weren't for a lot of strong , charismatic individuals over the existence of humanity like Confucius, or  Lao Tzu, Buddha, uh ..i don't know many European figures but i'm sure there were alot.

we'd probably all be way more savage then the current state .

i'm more the happy to play with anyone . though i think the only way to place peacefully with other humans would mostly be in closed friend sessions though , that does limit your interactions with others. but for now there are just to many people who lack the ability to control themselves in an environment with no real consequences for doing what we normally consider 'bad' in reality. to some 'its just a game' is enough of an excuse to abandon all morals, and respect for others. some proclaim they are really 'nice' or 'good' in person but this is only a persona that they put on to more or less ensure they fit in an are able to obtain the security offered by the social groups in which they incorporate themselves into.

• sexboxlive likes this

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:08 PM

Some children just want to see the world burn...
  • z0etr0pe likes this

sexboxlive
  • sexboxlive

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:03 PM

I already know i'm going to get trolled for this post but honestly, is it really that hard to be nice in GTA? I understand it's a game about killing and all but must you shoot me when I am just sitting in my car doing nothing? Must you blow up my car for no reason? Must you gun me down when I am walking to my car? Must you run me over when I am just standing there? I mean really, it's just annoying. Anyone else get annoyed by these actions?

I am truly appalled at these actions, I hope with all sincerity you aren`t orange

_PANiC_
  • _PANiC_

Always Dapper

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:09 PM

I already know i'm going to get trolled for this post but honestly, is it really that hard to be nice in GTA? I understand it's a game about killing and all but must you shoot me when I am just sitting in my car doing nothing? Must you blow up my car for no reason? Must you gun me down when I am walking to my car? Must you run me over when I am just standing there? I mean really, it's just annoying. Anyone else get annoyed by these actions?

yes, yes I must. 

Nitsuj Rasta
  • Nitsuj Rasta

Kilo Tray Ballas

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:13 PM Edited by blaquenitsuj, 29 January 2014 - 04:13 PM.

idg2f*cks!

im a pretty high *legit* level... if im just in my car, just spawned in-game and i get ran over, or someone attempting a troll... and they haven't even cracked the 100 bar level?

Off The Radar.. let the fun begin.

_PANiC_
  • _PANiC_

Always Dapper

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

idg2f*cks!

im a pretty high *legit* level... if im just in my car, just spawned in-game and i get ran over, or someone attempting a troll... and they haven't even cracked the 100 bar level?

Off The Radar.. let the fun begin.

1330748212_watch-out-we-got-a-badass-ove

blingdiablo
  • blingdiablo

Shiny Devil

• Members
  • Belize

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

I'm nice if you don't kill me. Kill me, and I'll bring the devil out to rape you with a pineapple.

One instance of "nice" that made me laugh was when I rolled up in my Cheetah Batmobile next to this guy on the side of the road down by some crates, north of Del Perro beach... he was on foot and I thought he might want a lift somewhere since there was nothing around, so I pulled up next to him, honked and spun out a bit to show i was friendly. He decided to flip a pair of birds at me, so I thought, well OK, that's better than shooting me in the face, but it's still disrespectful, and I can't just let that slide. So instead of shooting him, I simply spun out in a circle and knocked his ass to the ground (purposely not killing him), then I sped off. As I was leaving he decided to shoot at me, which was no surprise, but seeing as he didn't kill me first, and I didn't kill him, I felt it was actually a pretty unusual encounter... And knocking him prone with my bumper while he was flipping me off made me laugh for a good couple minutes. Easier to shoot him in the face or crush him under my tires, but hey, I'm nice.

tony.parente
  • tony.parente

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:18 PM

I like picking up folks in a heli and flying off to zancudo and hovering over a jet and let him have it.
Most of the time douchers blast me out of the copter before I can even land though.

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:28 PM

I wouldn't do that to you.. but I would probably avoid you until you have a blue halo around your dot... as you're very likely to do it to me...

sexboxlive
  • sexboxlive

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:03 PM

i think everyone should do there best to be nice and civil but human nature always takes over when people are put in an environment with no rules/restrictions.  it takes a long time, and a lot of concentrated effort to eventually get human behavior in check - its why one of the biggest professions in the world, are Law Enforcement followed by the Military ^.^ if it weren't for a lot of strong , charismatic individuals over the existence of humanity like Confucius, or  Lao Tzu, Buddha, uh ..i don't know many European figures but i'm sure there were alot.

we'd probably all be way more savage then the current state .

i'm more the happy to play with anyone . though i think the only way to place peacefully with other humans would mostly be in closed friend sessions though , that does limit your interactions with others. but for now there are just to many people who lack the ability to control themselves in an environment with no real consequences for doing what we normally consider 'bad' in reality. to some 'its just a game' is enough of an excuse to abandon all morals, and respect for others. some proclaim they are really 'nice' or 'good' in person but this is only a persona that they put on to more or less ensure they fit in an are able to obtain the security offered by the social groups in which they incorporate themselves into.

This is a masterpiece

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:05 PM

I never understand the logic behind threads like these, if you don't want people f*cking with you then why are you playing with people? If you want to play with others you have to accept that fact that most people are f*cking sh*t heads. 

Play by yourself and risk never having fun with cool people, play with people and risk getting ass f*cked by douchers, just the way it is.

blitzzd
  • blitzzd

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:09 PM

im the nicest person ever ill pick u up in a taxi and drive you wherever for free and even let u see my titties if u come back to my apartment 

Hahahahahaha! You win this thread...

Can't believe nobody caught this. Kudos.

9/10 times i get stickied bombed to hell but every now & then i make a solid buddy

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:23 PM Edited by Kazandra, 29 January 2014 - 07:24 PM.

I agree with the OP.  People in this game are dicks.  The worst ones are the people who are cool at first and even let you ride with them or get in your car and ride with you.  Everything seems to be copacetic.....

Then without notice they will turn around with shotgun in hand and blow you away.  After that, I'll usually challenge them to a one-on-one deathmatch which they turn down, and I watch them run all the way to the other side of the city like a true coward.  It's almost comical.  

But this is why I avoid free roam.  It's just full of idiots, psychos, grievers and people who want to play Barbie Tank Adventures.

• PaulDPearl likes this

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:31 PM

What are we supposed to do??

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:32 PM

Something?

blitzzd
  • blitzzd

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:41 PM

How about not being a Chapeau D'Anal?

ll Noble 6 ll
  • ll Noble 6 ll

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:05 PM

God, allllllllll dayyyy longgggg. Pretty much most of the time I'm in free roam one thought is constantly circulating in my tiny, yet imaginative, brain:

"Why are people in this game such colossal brainless dicks?"

With all the fun things you can dick around and do, is 'call of duty' the only game these twits want to play? Because they should just play call of duty if that's the case. Wayyyy better combat mechanics.

I once wanted to grab a random to try flying me around in a Titan, or visa versa, with one of us in the back in a few different vehicles, to see if I could find one that wouldn't explode. I could have made a montage of me pulling up to strangers and honking in a friendly fashion only to get shot out of my car. Finally got fed up and started grabbing buzzards, and like a brainless moron, kept trying to pick up random people to be my gunner. Shot out of the chopper another 10 times in a row....

It's hard to keep taking the high road over and over and over. BUT I SHALL BE AS JESUS AND DO SO (at least until the eventual Tankocolypse of frustration)

Are you PS or XB?  If XB, Friend me.  My GT is my forum name.  Sounds like we could have a ton of fun if our timeframes line up.  I'm Eastern Standard Time, work until 6, usually on until around 11 or midnight depending on the day.

Euphorica
  • Euphorica

No

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:17 PM

What I'm asking myself is how anyone find any entertainment at all from killing other players.

1. No reward

2. No risk

3. Not challenging

Pretty much sums up GTAO now that I think of it.

• Tabula Rasa and PaulDPearl like this

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:40 PM

In Free roam, you're supposed to find a mission, join the mission, and play the mission (be it deathmatch, racing, etc). Other things to do in free roam would include customizing your car or purchasing property/clothing, etc.

I honestly don't know why people think it's fun to greif and destroy people in free roam. Sure.. from time to time I'll get into it with friends and it IS fun.. but we're agreeing to do what we're doing (therefore it's not greifing).  I've given my tank away more times than I've sat in it (I cargobob my tank around the map, then drop it off somewhere in the middle of a group of random people right before I join a mission).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users